Jump to content

SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Origen

Poll Question: Supreme court

Poll Question: Supreme court  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. The question in this poll is not who will Trump pick.  I am asking which candidate do you prefer, like. If your choice is not here, then please post it.

    • Amy Coney Barrett
      1
    • Thomas Hardiman
      0
    • Raymond Kethledge
      0
    • Amul Thapar
      0
    • Brett Kavanaugh
      0
    • Joan Larsen
      1
    • Mike Lee
      1


Recommended Posts

Origen
Moderator

The question in this poll is not who will Trump pick?  I am asking which one you prefer, like.  Most media believe it will be one of these.  If your choice is not here, then please post it.

Share this post


Link to post
Origen
Moderator

By the way I also like Amul Thapar.

Share this post


Link to post
Knotical

I don't know enough about any of them to make an informed decision.

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Uncle Siggy
2 hours ago, Knotical said:

I don't know enough about any of them to make an informed decision.

Join the club, that's something I don't really keep track of either...

Share this post


Link to post
Knotical
2 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Join the club, that's something I don't really keep track of either...

There's a club?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff

Amy Coney Barrett is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit who previously served as the Diane and M.O. Miller Research Chair of Law and Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School. Wikipedia

Born: 1972 (age 46 years), New Orleans, LA

Spouse: Jesse M. Barrett

Education: Rhodes College

Appointed by: Donald Trump

Preceded by: John Daniel Tinder

 

Thomas Michael Hardiman is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He was previously a United States District Judge. He maintains chambers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Wikipedia

Born: July 8, 1965 (age 52 years), Winchester, MA

Nationality: American

Spouse: Lori Hardiman (m. 1992)

Parents: Robert Hardiman, Judith Hardiman

Education: Georgetown Law, University of Notre Dame

 

Raymond Michael Kethledge is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Wikipedia

Born: December 11, 1966 (age 51 years), Summit, NJ

Appointed by: George W. Bush

Preceded by: James L. Ryan

Books: Lead Yourself First: Inspiring Leadership Through Solitude

Education: Wayne State University Law School

 

Michael Shumway Lee is an American politician, author, and attorney who is the junior United States Senator from Utah. A libertarian-leaning Republican, Lee has served in the Senate since January 3, 2011. Wikipedia

Born: June 4, 1971 (age 47 years), Mesa, AZ

Office: Senator (UT) since 2011

Spouse: Sharon Lee (m. 1993)

Current position: United States Senator

Education: Brigham Young University (1997), Brigham Young University (1994)

 

Amul Roger Thapar is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Wikipedia

Born: April 29, 1969 (age 49 years), Troy, MI

Education: Boston College, UC Berkeley School of Law

 

Brett Michael Kavanaugh is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He was Staff Secretary in the Executive Office of the President of the United States under President George W. Bush. Wikipedia

Born: February 12, 1965 (age 53 years), Washington, D.C.

Spouse: Ashley Estes Kavanaugh

Appointed by: George W. Bush

Party: Republican Party

Books: The Law of Judicial Precedent

Education: Yale Law School, Mater Dei School, Georgetown Preparatory School, Yale College, Yale University

 

Joan Louise Larsen is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and a former Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court. Wikipedia

Born: December 1968 (age 49 years), Waterloo, IA

Spouse: Adam Pritchard

Party: Republican Party

Education: University of Northern Iowa (1990), Northwestern University, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law

 

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator

Not a clue. A woman 'might' dispel some complants

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Origen
Moderator
1 hour ago, William said:

Amy Coney Barrett is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit who previously served as the Diane and M.O. Miller Research Chair of Law and Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School. Wikipedia

Born: 1972 (age 46 years), New Orleans, LA

Spouse: Jesse M. Barrett

Education: Rhodes College

Appointed by: Donald Trump

Preceded by: John Daniel Tinder

 

Thomas Michael Hardiman is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He was previously a United States District Judge. He maintains chambers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Wikipedia

Born: July 8, 1965 (age 52 years), Winchester, MA

Nationality: American

Spouse: Lori Hardiman (m. 1992)

Parents: Robert Hardiman, Judith Hardiman

Education: Georgetown Law, University of Notre Dame

 

Raymond Michael Kethledge is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Wikipedia

Born: December 11, 1966 (age 51 years), Summit, NJ

Appointed by: George W. Bush

Preceded by: James L. Ryan

 

Michael Shumway Lee is an American politician, author, and attorney who is the junior United States Senator from Utah. A libertarian-leaning Republican, Lee has served in the Senate since January 3, 2011. Wikipedia

Born: June 4, 1971 (age 47 years), Mesa, AZ

Office: Senator (UT) since 2011

Spouse: Sharon Lee (m. 1993)

Current position: United States Senator

Education: Brigham Young University (1997), Brigham Young University (1994)

Books: Lead Yourself First: Inspiring Leadership Through Solitude

Education: Wayne State University Law School, MORE

 

Amul Roger Thapar is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Wikipedia

Born: April 29, 1969 (age 49 years), Troy, MI

Education: Boston College, UC Berkeley School of Law

 

Brett Michael Kavanaugh is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. He was Staff Secretary in the Executive Office of the President of the United States under President George W. Bush. Wikipedia

Born: February 12, 1965 (age 53 years), Washington, D.C.

Spouse: Ashley Estes Kavanaugh

Appointed by: George W. Bush

Party: Republican Party

Books: The Law of Judicial Precedent

Education: Yale Law School, Mater Dei School, Georgetown Preparatory School, Yale College, Yale University

 

Joan Louise Larsen is a United States Circuit Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and a former Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court. Wikipedia

Born: December 1968 (age 49 years), Waterloo, IA

Spouse: Adam Pritchard

Party: Republican Party

Education: University of Northern Iowa (1990), Northwestern University, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law

 

Thanks for the information William.  I would think since this is so very important we might check at least some of these judges.

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
Just now, Origen said:

Thanks for the information.  I would think since this is so very important we might check at least some of the names out.

Am I wrong for being weary of a Bush appointee?

 

And Mike Lee, is my reasoning off because I consider Mormons lacking discernment?

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Origen
Moderator

Well, lets us check Reagan picks:

 

Sandra Day O'Connor

 

Antonin Scalia

 

Anthony Kennedy

 

There was only one home run in that lot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff

Wish there was a way to check to see if a person in question, family, or associates ever gave to the Clinton foundation or Planned Parenthood.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Origen
Moderator
2 minutes ago, William said:

Wish there was a way to check to see if a person in question, family, or associates ever gave to the Clinton foundation.

 

God bless,

William

Don't know!

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
24 minutes ago, Origen said:

Don't know!

During an interview I'd like to see these questioned asked of SCOTUS candidates.

  1. Have you, your family, or any associates ever given directly to the Clinton Foundation or Planned Parenthood?
  2. Among the people living today, that you may admire or hold the literary works thereof in high esteem.... would you say it is in their character for them to have donated to the Clinton Foundation or Planned Parenthood?

Can you imagine the controversy and talking points which would begin with that?

 

Obviously, some may take issue with the IRS having been weaponized and targeting Conservative charities. Also I'd like to know how potential candidates view the actions or associations of former FBI Comey. We shouldn't take for granted that the same thing cannot occur to America's Supreme Court.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Truth7t7
15 hours ago, Origen said:

The question in this poll is not who will Trump pick?  I am asking which one you prefer, like.  Most media believe it will be one of these five.  If you choice is not here then please post it.

I have spent about 2 hrs in researching those on the list, and found the boy's had tooo much baggage in my opinion.

 

I was split between the Gals, as both are conservative Federalist Society members, both clerked for the late Scalia, both are under 50 years old, looking for a long tenure on the court.

 

Both are hated by the several liberal groups on the internet, ACLU, Alliance For Justice, Etc.

 

I went with Larsen, after review of her conservative articles for the Federalist Society, a true conservative on LGBT, Immigration, Marriage, Sexuality, Business, Etc.

 

After my vote I was surprised to see the vote is split 50/50 over the two.

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff

I spent some time today writing my questions into various Conservative publications. I hope to hear back from them. I wouldn't have any reservations about asking them to anyone on the candidates list.

 

I dare someone to suggest what is the difference between donating to the Clinton foundation and Planned Parenthood vs any Christian charity. I think my questions are common sense questions. We have seen too many previous appointees sway to the other side. Clearly there is political bias even in the Supreme Court.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Truth7t7
5 minutes ago, William said:

I spent some time today writing my questions into various Conservative publications. I hope to hear back from them. I wouldn't have any reservations about asking them to anyone on the candidates list.

 

I dare someone to suggest what is the difference between donating to the Clinton foundation and Planned Parenthood vs any Christian charity. I think my questions are common sense questions. We have seen too many previous appointees sway to the other side. Clearly there is political bias even in the Supreme Court. 

 

God bless,

William

I agree 100% there is political bias in the Supreme Court, I Don't see it changing.

 

We currently have same sex marriage and Roe v Wade out of this bias in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff

The IRS has been weaponized to target Conservatives. The FBI to cover up for Democrats. And Congress now has a special investigation that is targeting GOP supporters while turning heads to Democrats right under the noses of GOP and Congress representatives. I don't think the questions are anything but common sense. What irks me is that so many think that Congress hasn't the power to do anything, yet I see Democrats in Congress prosecuting GOP members associated with Trump. People then say well Conservatives and GOP members work by a different conduct. Well, perhaps they should start following laws which even Democrats wrote in order to fight back instead of being so dang selective. If the very same laws which are written by Dems can be used to prosecute them then do it. If the laws are unconstitutional then there should be bi partisan agreement and such laws need to be escalated to the Supreme court.

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Truth7t7
10 hours ago, William said:

During an interview I'd like to see these questioned asked of SCOTUS candidates.

  1. Have you, your family, or any associates ever given directly to the Clinton Foundation or Planned Parenthood?
  2. Among the people living today, that you may admire or hold the literary works thereof in high esteem.... would you say it is in their character for them to have donated to the Clinton Foundation or Planned Parenthood?

Can you imagine the controversy and talking points which would begin with that?

 

Obviously, some may take issue with the IRS having been weaponized and targeting Conservative charities. Also I'd like to know how potential candidates view the actions or associations of former FBI Comey. We shouldn't take for granted that the same thing cannot occur to America's Supreme Court.

 

God bless,

William

I just watched the Senate hearing of Trump nominee Amy Barrett to the Appeals Court, as Diane Feinstein grilled her on her religious faith.

 

(R)Arizona, (Senator Flake) defended her with citation of the 6th Amendment.

 

I believe it will be Larsen, female with not much baggage in circulation?

Edited by Truth7t7

Share this post


Link to post
Origen
Moderator
12 hours ago, William said:

Wish there was a way to check to see if a person in question, family, or associates ever gave to the Clinton foundation or Planned Parenthood.

Hey @William I found this and thought you might be interested.  Each nominee has to fill out a questionnaire provided to them by the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary.

 

I have found questionnaire two, but I am sure there must be more at there.

 

Merrick Garland (Obama's pick)

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Senate Judiciary Committee Questionnaire 5 9 2016.pdf

 

Amul Thapar (Trump)

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Thapar SJQ Public.pdf

 

Check out the section "11. Membership" it states:

 

List all professional, business, fraternal, scholarly, civic, charitable, or other organizations, other than those listed in response to Questions 9 or 10 to which you belong, or to which you have belonged, since graduation from law school. Provide dates of membership or participation, and indicate any office you held. Include clubs, working groups, advisory or editorial boards, panels, committees, conferences, or publications.

 

These questionnaire might give you some the information you want.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Uncle Siggy
13 hours ago, Becky said:

Not a clue. A woman 'might' dispel some complants

You mean the ones that claim Trump is a sexist? Not likely...

 

No offense but the court already has 3 women and all seem to be on the wrong side of the Constitution and the Law...

  • Best Answer 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Origen
Moderator
1 minute ago, Uncle Siggy said:

You mean the ones that claim Trump is a sexist? Not likely...

 

No offense but the court already has 3 women and all seem to be on the wrong side of the Constitution and the Law...

:RpS_thumbsup:  There is no "seem" about it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator

I totally agree guys . Not sure if i have the best words for this statement. 

The laws of the land need to have a mix of grace in them. Most crimes need to be judged on their own. We do not need 'bleeding hearts' as judges. Women are most often the bleeding hearts.  The men in the USA today are so much like Adam they will do what ever SHE says . Strong men have and show proper grace while administering real justice.  It is mom who soothes  the child at the moment, dad who clears the path. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
50 minutes ago, Becky said:

I totally agree guys . Not sure if i have the best words for this statement. 

The laws of the land need to have a mix of grace in them. Most crimes need to be judged on their own. We do not need 'bleeding hearts' as judges. Women are most often the bleeding hearts.  The men in the USA today are so much like Adam they will do what ever SHE says . Strong men have and show proper grace while administering real justice.  It is mom who soothes  the child at the moment, dad who clears the path. 

 

 

Confused by your use of grace, Becky. I do not think that the government should exercise grace, but I do think mercy is within its right.

 

Can you imagine if someone murdered another and the court said "We the people forgive you"? What kind of justice is that? I expect the person to be charged with murder, but I haven't any objections to the court exercising mercy upon sentencing.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
Becky
Moderator

Thanks William. Yup mercy is a much better word. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Civilwarbuff

A Dem fight over Amy Barrett’s Catholicism may be just what Trump wants

Michael Brendan Dougherty at National Review notes that Dems will not be able to control themselves over a Barrett nomination:

… her appointment, in particular, has several political advantages. Millions of Republicans held their noses and voted for Trump because they felt it was necessary to protect the liberty to practice their faith. The fight over Barrett’s confirmation would almost certainly build trust between President Trump and social conservatives. It would energize Republicans ahead of the midterm elections.

The facts of Barrett’s life — that she is a mother of seven children, and that when she speaks about her Catholic faith, she speaks about God as if she really believes in His existence — will provoke nasty and bigoted statements from Democratic senators and liberal media personalities. Again.

And sure enough, Chuck Schumer is attacking Barrett:

More here: 

A Dem fight over Amy Barrett's Catholicism may be just what Trump wants

 

  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...