Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
bjeremiah

Is America the endtime Beast country prophesized in Revelation and Daniel?

Recommended Posts

Staff
Just now, William said:

infinity war avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

 

I heard that after Thanos acquired the "time stone" that he went back in time and is changing manuscripts. Internet search 666 and it is evident that Thanos is succeeding because 616 is surfacing now. 

🤣  Brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Becky said:

Just what is the Kingdom of God? 

By comparison let's look at the following:

 

The kingdom of the Devil
In the temptation, the Devil takes JESUS up into an exceeding high mountain, and shew Him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. And saith unto JESUS, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Mat.4:v.8-9   -   ( I'm sure you know these kingdoms of the Devil)

 

The kingdom of God

Rev. 11:v.15 says: 15  - The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.  Rev. 5:v.10 -  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Yeah, JESUS is KING of kings, and LORD of lords)
Rev.5:v.9 - And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

 

The Devil will be raged, as is revealed in Rev.11:v.18 - 18 And the nations were angry or raged , and thy wrath is come (the wrath of God), and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.   (Who are the destroyers of the earth?)

 

Well, what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God.  As it is written, "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him. But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God".

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Origen said:

I heard that after Thanos acquired the "time stone" that he went back in time and is changing manuscripts. Internet search 666 and it is evident that Thanos is succeeding because 616 is surfacing now. 

What you have posted has nothing to do with the Word of God.  I think that you do not believe in teachings of demons, do you? If so, do not waste your time with foolish things of demons., 

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
6 minutes ago, Oseas said:

What you have posted has nothing to do with the Word of God.  I think that you do not believe in teachings of demons, do you? If so, do not waste your time with foolish things of demons., 

Wrong again.

 

First, I did not post that.  It was @William.

 

Second, that does nothing to address the problems which I have pointed out to you concerning your claims.  Either you can answer or you can't.  Since you have not addressed the problems, it is clear you do not have an answer for your errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
16 minutes ago, Oseas said:

What you have posted has nothing to do with the Word of God.  I think that you do not believe in teachings of demons, do you? If so, do not waste your time with foolish things of demons., 

oh my god wow GIF by 9Now

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
5 hours ago, Becky said:

Just what is the Kingdom of God? 

The question was simple  What is the kingdom of God? You went off into a bunch of assumptions . The Scriptures are real simple and clear on what His Kingdom is , the Bible says this Rom_14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

1 hour ago, Oseas said:

By comparison let's look at the following:

 

The kingdom of the Devil
In the temptation, the Devil takes JESUS up into an exceeding high mountain, and shew Him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. And saith unto JESUS, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Mat.4:v.8-9   -   ( I'm sure you know these kingdoms of the Devil)

 

The kingdom of God

Rev. 11:v.15 says: 15  - The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.  Rev. 5:v.10 -  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (Yeah, JESUS is KING of kings, and LORD of lords)
Rev.5:v.9 - And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

 

The Devil will be raged, as is revealed in Rev.11:v.18 - 18 And the nations were angry or raged , and thy wrath is come (the wrath of God), and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.   (Who are the destroyers of the earth?)

 

Well, what man knows the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knows no man, but the Spirit of God.  As it is written, "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him. But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God".

If i accepted your ramblings then i would be ignoring what God has to say. Rom_14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 

 

Never is a prophet of God mistaken. The above quote of yours  does not line up with Scripture. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Origen said:

Wrong again.

 

First, I did not post that.  It was @William.

Now,  you have quoted Willian because you are in te same spirit of him, posting here in this Christian forum satanic messages instead messages of the Spirit of God. By teh way, God is a title, the Word is God.   

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
22 minutes ago, Oseas said:

Now,  you have quoted Willian because you are in te same spirit of him, posting here in this Christian forum satanic messages instead messages of the Spirit of God. By teh way, God is a title, the Word is God.   

Enough 

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
22 minutes ago, Oseas said:

Now,  you have quoted Willian because you are in te same spirit of him

Not the point!  You attributed the folowing quote to me.

 

I heard that after Thanos acquired the "time stone" that he went back in time and is changing manuscripts. Internet search 666 and it is evident that Thanos is succeeding because 616 is surfacing now.

You were wrong.

 

24 minutes ago, Oseas said:

posting here in this Christian forum satanic messages instead messages of the Spirit of God.

Feel free to leave.  No one is stoping you.  It is not my problem you cannot defend your errors.

 

26 minutes ago, Oseas said:

By teh way, God is a title, the Word is God.   

Irrelevant point!  Never said otherwise.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

Look at that @Oseas.  You got on the bad side of the nicest person here.  Bye Bye

  • Best Answer 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/16/2018 at 8:56 PM, CDF47 said:

What's the ECC?

I am sorry, I meant The EEC (European Economic Community). The political power behind the unification of European Nations.  :RpS_blushing:

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
6 hours ago, Origen said:

Look at that @Oseas.  You got on the bad side of the nicest person here.  Bye Bye

swamp bites the dust GIF by The Opposition w/ Jordan Klepper

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/10/2019 at 12:31 AM, deade said:

 

You flip those around and you will be right on.

Rome is the city on 7 hills.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, deade said:

I am sorry, I meant The EEC (European Economic Community). The political power behind the unification of European Nations.  :RpS_blushing:

 

Ahh, OK.  I see.  Thanks for clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

Rome is the city on 7 hills.

As is Jerusalem. 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Becky said:

As is Jerusalem. 

A LOT of cities are built on seven hills ...

 

Asunción, Paraguay

Bamberg, Germany

Brussels, Belgium

Dunedin, New Zealand

Edinburgh, Scotland

Istanbul, Turkey

Kampala, Uganda

Lisbon, Portugal

Mecca, Saudia Arabia

Moscow, Russia

Nevada City, California USA

Prague, Czech Republic

Richmond, Virginia USA

Seattle, Washington USA

Tirumala, India

 

... it turns out that people like to build on the hills rather than the marshes that surround them (go figure).

So what makes ROME (or any other city) better than one of these others?  Personally, I like Nevada City, California since that would allow the man of lawlessness to be part of professional bicycle racing and that mental image amuses me.

 

I saw the latest update online and thought that if this topic had really “jumped the shark”, I should pop in and say something. 

  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, atpollard said:

A LOT of cities are built on seven hills ...

 

Asunción, Paraguay

Bamberg, Germany

Brussels, Belgium

Dunedin, New Zealand

Edinburgh, Scotland

Istanbul, Turkey

Kampala, Uganda

Lisbon, Portugal

Mecca, Saudia Arabia

Moscow, Russia

Nevada City, California USA

Prague, Czech Republic

Richmond, Virginia USA

Seattle, Washington USA

Tirumala, India

 

... it turns out that people like to build on the hills rather than the marshes that surround them (go figure).

So what makes ROME (or any other city) better than one of these others?  Personally, I like Nevada City, California since that would allow the man of lawlessness to be part of professional bicycle racing and that mental image amuses me.

 

I saw the latest update online and thought that if this topic had really “jumped the shark”, I should pop in and say something. 

Rome is known for being the city on 7 hills and Rome meets the criteria of the remaining prophecy.  Look at the false teachings of the RCC.  

6 minutes ago, atpollard said:

A LOT of cities are built on seven hills ...

 

Asunción, Paraguay

Bamberg, Germany

Brussels, Belgium

Dunedin, New Zealand

Edinburgh, Scotland

Istanbul, Turkey

Kampala, Uganda

Lisbon, Portugal

Mecca, Saudia Arabia

Moscow, Russia

Nevada City, California USA

Prague, Czech Republic

Richmond, Virginia USA

Seattle, Washington USA

Tirumala, India

 

... it turns out that people like to build on the hills rather than the marshes that surround them (go figure).

So what makes ROME (or any other city) better than one of these others?  Personally, I like Nevada City, California since that would allow the man of lawlessness to be part of professional bicycle racing and that mental image amuses me.

 

I saw the latest update online and thought that if this topic had really “jumped the shark”, I should pop in and say something. 

Why didn't you list Jerusalem?  Is Jerusalem really on 7 hills?

Edited by CDF47

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

Get a map and count them 

 

seven hills

Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Becky said:

Get a map and count them 

 

seven hills

Jerusalem, Israel: Jerusalem's seven hills are Mount Scopus, Mount Olivet and the Mount of Corruption (all three are peaks in a mountain ridge that lies east of the Old City), Mount Ophel, the original Mount Zion, the New Mount Zion and the hill on which the Antonia Fortress was built.

 Rome is known as the City of Seven Hills.  Rome was originally known as this and then other cities began making the same claim.  Rome was originally founded on seven hills.

 

 

Edited by CDF47

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

I know you have told me this before. That does not change the fact that Jerusalem is also on 7 hills

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Rome is known for being the city on 7 hills and Rome meets the criteria of the remaining prophecy.  Look at the false teachings of the RCC.  

Why didn't you list Jerusalem?  Is Jerusalem really on 7 hills?

Many of the cities are known for being a city on seven hills ...

Mecca is responsible for more evil than Rome, so why not Mecca?

It is a small point, but Rome is part of Italy and the head of the RCC is Vatican City (which does not have seven hills), so you have already played a little loose with the prophecy to make it fit the RCC.

 

I had no need to list either Rome or Jerusalem because they had already been identified as cities on seven hills.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, atpollard said:

Many of the cities are known for being a city on seven hills ...

Mecca is responsible for more evil than Rome, so why not Mecca?

It is a small point, but Rome is part of Italy and the head of the RCC is Vatican City (which does not have seven hills), so you have already played a little loose with the prophecy to make it fit the RCC.

 

I had no need to list either Rome or Jerusalem because they had already been identified as cities on seven hills.

 

You are all making to much out of the seven hills. Like I pointed out to Oseas in post #189:

 

Quote

First off: Prophecy 101--Mountains [and Hills] means countries, nations, or kings.

 

Now, let look again at the description: Rev. 17:9, 10 "And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space."

 

It seems evident to me that it is self explanatory about mountains being countries (or in this case empires). These are pictures of iterations of the Roman Empire. The last iteration will have ten kings/countries that will continue only a short time. Rev. 17:12 "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."      :RpS_thumbsup:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Becky said:

I know you have told me this before. That does not change the fact that Jerusalem is also on 7 hills

 

 

Below is some good information on the topic.  The only thing I disagree with is when the Lord calls people out of Mystery Babylon, I believe He is referring to all of Mystery Babylon; which includes all the secret societies, the occult,......  The RCC has many of those secret societies embedded into them; like the Jesuits and the Knights of Columbus.  

 

ROMANCATHOLICBELIEFS.ORG

These Bible verses reveal that God has been speaking about the Roman Catholic Church for 2,500 years, the first instance occurred when He spoke to Daniel about future kingdoms that would occur unti…

 

27 minutes ago, atpollard said:

Many of the cities are known for being a city on seven hills ...

Mecca is responsible for more evil than Rome, so why not Mecca?

It is a small point, but Rome is part of Italy and the head of the RCC is Vatican City (which does not have seven hills), so you have already played a little loose with the prophecy to make it fit the RCC.

 

I had no need to list either Rome or Jerusalem because they had already been identified as cities on seven hills.

 

How does Jerusalem meet the prophecy that they will be arrayed in purple and scarlet?

 

ROMANCATHOLICBELIEFS.ORG

These Bible verses reveal that God has been speaking about the Roman Catholic Church for 2,500 years, the first instance occurred when He spoke to Daniel about future kingdoms that would occur unti…

 

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

Exo 28:4  And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office. 
Exo 28:5  And they shall take gold, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen. 
Exo 28:6  And they shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and of purple, of scarlet, and fine twined linen, with cunning work.

 

 

@CDF47  About 25-30 years ago i would have agreed with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Becky said:

Exo 28:4  And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office. 
Exo 28:5  And they shall take gold, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen. 
Exo 28:6  And they shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and of purple, of scarlet, and fine twined linen, with cunning work.

 

 

@CDF47  About 25-30 years ago i would have agreed with you. 

 

Are there Jewish holy men today still wearing garments of this color?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...