SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Lucian Hodoboc

Science finds out that bread and meat are not really as healthy as people thought

Lucian Hodoboc

Recent scientific studies have shown that people live healthier lives on a fruits-based diet with a few raw vegetables included. Grains, dairy and meat are considered to be foods that cause mucus and acids in our bodies and, consequently, produce health problems. How do you reconcile this information with God's orders for the Israelites to eat meat, with God's description of the promised land as the land of milk (dairy) and honey, and with Jesus advising people to eat bread to celebrate His memory?

Here are some scientific articles about these: http://www.gnet.org/5-deadly-reasons-why-you-should-not-eat-bread/

https://www.bustle.com/articles/137865-8-reasons-meat-is-bad-for-you-yes-even-chicken

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/06/24/dairy-6-reasons-you-should-avoid-it-at-all-costs-2/

http://www.raw-food-health.net/Frugivores.html

Does this mean that God and Jesus voluntarily gave people unhealthy dietary advice? Do these new scientific discoveries destroy Christianity?

William
Staff
16 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Recent scientific studies have shown that people live healthier lives on a fruits-based diet with a few raw vegetables included. Grains, dairy and meat are considered to be foods that cause mucus and acids in our bodies and, consequently, produce health problems. How do you reconcile this information with God's orders for the Israelites to eat meat, with God's description of the promised land as the land of milk (dairy) and honey, and with Jesus advising people to eat bread to celebrate His memory?

Here are some scientific articles about these: http://www.gnet.org/5-deadly-reasons-why-you-should-not-eat-bread/

https://www.bustle.com/articles/137865-8-reasons-meat-is-bad-for-you-yes-even-chicken

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/06/24/dairy-6-reasons-you-should-avoid-it-at-all-costs-2/

Does this mean that God and Jesus voluntarily gave people unhealthy dietary advice? Do these new scientific discoveries destroy Christianity?

Lemme ask you,  how many people in biblical times could eat a fruit based diet year round?

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Origen
14 minutes ago, William said:

Lemme ask you,  how many people in biblical times could eat a fruit based diet year round?

God bless,

William

I agree with you William.  In fact it is ridiculous even pointless to speculate.  These people could not simply pop into a whole foods.  Beside given life expectancies then verses now, I will take my chances now.

• Like 2

William
Staff
3 minutes ago, Origen said:

I agree with you William.  In fact it is ridiculous even pointless to speculate.  These people could not simply pop into a whole foods.  Beside given life expectancies then verses now, I will take my chances now.

Ridiculous is right, and you can see the scientific health standard in the title: "Science finds out that bread and meat are not really as healthy as people thought"

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Origen

exercise-i-thought-you-said-extra-fries-21374381.png.3424513fbaa39baaa67c2ab5ac1b511e.png

I saw this on a T-shirt today at the VA and just had to share it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

William
Staff

On this subject, did anyone catch the news article of the woman that was charged for her infant's death? She was a Vegan and the infant starved to death and died. I consider infants people too, so I'm just curious as to how Science can reason that milk is not as healthy as once thought?

There are multiple different accounts of Vegans depriving their children of nutrition. Here's just one:

'Vegans' Get Life for Starving 6-Week-Old Son - ABC News

So here we have contradictory Science:

"The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that babies breastfeed for the first six months -- a practice that, if manageable, conforms to vegan ideals. And for vegan women who can't or choose not to breastfeed, soy milk-based formulas are available. Soy milk, however, is not a substitute for fortified formula, Rubin said."

Unless Science is suggesting that infants are not people then it seems that within the Scientific community there is disagreement.

The article states, "Bottles of soy milk -- not formula -- and apple juice as well as a dirty, rancid baby bottle were found during a police search of the couple's Buckhead apartment."

Obviously apple is a fruit and it is not a substitute for milk. The child starved to death as the child was deprived of milk, the child was substituted soy and apple. Obviously, the fruit - apple, was not enough to sustain the infant. Too bad the child was not fed milk and honey (anti-biotic) which could of saved the child's life.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Lucian Hodoboc
1 hour ago, William said:

Ridiculous is right, and you can see the scientific health standard in the title: "Science finds out that bread and meat are not really as healthy as people thought"

I'm not following... :classic_huh:

Benji

I've come to the conclusion that just because someone claims to be a scientist that doesn't mean he actually knows anything about the particular area of science he is making statements about.  God haters in particular whose father is the devil love to poke fun at scripture and love to supposedly "prove" that the bible "is full of errors."  I always ignore "scientific" facts that God hating "scientists" boast about.

Benji

• Like 5

Lucian Hodoboc
10 hours ago, Benji said:

I've come to the conclusion that just because someone claims to be a scientist that doesn't mean he actually knows anything about the particular area of science he is making statements about.  God haters in particular whose father is the devil love to poke fun at scripture and love to supposedly "prove" that the bible "is full of errors."  I always ignore "scientific" facts that God hating "scientists" boast about.

Benji

Do you also ignore provable aspects of reality that you can experience yourself? Try adopting a fruitarian diet (exclusively raw fruits and some vegetables) for a few months and notice if your health will improve or worsen. Certainly, it is Biblical to test the spirits. So why not test the theories too?

@William, I'm guessing you're not going to bother explaining what I quoted above... :classic_sleep:

Faber
On 6/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, William said:

God bless,

William

What about the Eskimos?  - A long history, not sure how much fruit they had access to for so long a time period.

• Like 2

William
Staff
1 hour ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Do you also ignore provable aspects of reality that you can experience yourself?

If a person is pregnant or breast feeding should they also try adopting a pure "fruitarian diet"? I have read that Vegan mothers risk the health of breastfeeding infants due to malnutrition. And I see that infants put on Vegan diets starve to death. What if a person is severely underweight to begin with, should they too try a fruitarian diet?

Try adopting a fruitarian diet (exclusively raw fruits and some vegetables) for a few months and notice if your health will improve or worsen. Certainly, it is Biblical to test the spirits. So why not test the theories too?

What do we know about human nutrition that meets the standards for truth? Why are there so many confusing or contradictory data and opinions in the area of nutritional science?

I'm guessing you're not going to bother explaining what I quoted above... :classic_sleep:

You haven't answered what I put forth in my previous posts.

God bless,

William

William
Staff
1 hour ago, Faber said:

What about the Eskimos?  - A long history, not sure how much fruit they had access to for so long a time period.

Can science prove much of anything with absolute certainty? Even the climate is questionable from only 4000 years ago. I was reading about the Piri Reis map which was discovered in the 15th century. It maps out the coastline of Antarctica. If one of the most uninhabitable places on earth was ice free how can they know what was nutritionally available back then? 

piri-reis-899244.jpg.d114e24f92895cf1963bd1c27a956d25.jpg

On 6th July 1960 the U. S. Air Force responded to Prof. Charles H. Hapgood of Keene College, specifically to his request for an evaluation of the ancient Piri Reis Map:

TO: Prof Charles H. Hapgood, Keene College

Dear Professor Hapgood,

Your request of evaluation of certain unusual features of the Piri Reis Antarctica map of 1513 by this organization has been reviewed.. The claim that the lower part of the map portrays the Princess Martha Coast of Queen Maud Land, Antarctic, and the Palmer Peninsular, is reasonable. We find that this is the most logical and in all probability the correct interpretation of the map. The geographical detail shown in the lower part of the map agrees very remarkably with the results of the seismic profile made across the top of the ice-cap by the Swedish-British Antarctic Expedition of 1949.This indicates the coastline had been mapped before it was covered by the ice-cap. This part of Antarctica ice free. The ice-cap in this region is now about a mile thick. We have no idea how the data on this map can be reconciled with the supposed state of geographical knowledge in 1513.

Harold Z. Ohlmeyer Lt. Colonel, USAF Commander

Source:

Piri Reis map of Antarctica- Antarctica ice free!

• Like 1

Lucian Hodoboc
On 6/27/2018 at 10:43 PM, William said:

God bless,

William

That is irrelevant. It's a straw man argument. And you're also underestimating God's powers. If He could make water come from a rock, He could make fruits and vegetables all year round.

William
Staff
56 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

That is irrelevant. It's a straw man argument. And you're also underestimating God's powers. If He could make water come from a rock, He could make fruits and vegetables all year round.

So asking you a simple question is a straw man argument? What I find hilariously ridiculous about your title is that "Science finds" meat, milk and bread are not as healthy as once thought. Would that title or scientific find apply to everyone, anytime, and everywhere? If people are starving in Ethiopia and meat, milk, and bread are offered is the consumption thereof relative to health preconditions? I think it can be easily established that a fruitarian diet is not a broad diet which can be generally applied to everyone.  Here are some contrary articles which go against your "scientific narrative". 

Risks of Fruitarian Diet:

Weight gain: Fruits are heavy in natural sugars. While there are some people on this diet who could lose weight, eating large portions of fruit actually puts you at risk of gaining weight.

Diabetes: For diabetic or pre-diabetic patients, the fruitarian diet can be dangerous. Fruits contain so much sugar that eating too much can negatively affect blood sugar levels. A fruit-only diet can also be dangerous for people with pancreatic and kidney disorders.

Tooth decay: Fruit’s high sugar content can put you at high risk for tooth decay. For example, apples have the potential to be as corrosive as candy or soda. Some fruits, such as oranges, are highly acidic and can erode tooth enamel.

Nutritional deficiencies: Fruitarians frequently have low levels of vitamin B12, calcium, vitamin D, iodine and omega-3 fatty acids, which can lead to anemia, tiredness, lethargy and immune system dysfunction. Low calcium can also cause osteoporosis.

Nutritional supplements that fulfill these deficiencies are often made from food sources like dairy cultures or soy protein, which are considered off-limits in the fruitarian diet. This makes malnourishment far more common.

Cravings: Restricting your diet to mainly fruits can lead to cravings or food obsessions.

Starvation mode: By relying mainly on fruits and depriving yourself of needed vitamins, fats and proteins, it’s possible to push your body into starvation mode. If your body feels it’s starving, it will slow down your metabolism in an attempt to conserve energy for vital functions.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/fruitarian-diet-is-it-safe-or-really-healthy-for-you/

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2013/02/07/ashton-kutchers-fruitarian-diet-what-went-wrong

Hilarious,  "Scientist discover breathing air isn't as safe as once thought."

God bless,

William

• Best Answer 1
  • Haha 1

Becky

Science has told me over the years that coffee is bad oops coffee is good.

Science has told me over the years that chocolate is bad oops chocolate is good.

Science told me dinosaurs  and people lived at the same time . Oops guess that 'fact' was wrong at this time.

God is the Creator he knows what is best for His creation. He gave us His full bounty Fruit Veggies Meat Fish 

• Like 2

Innerfire89

All foods are good for you, all foods are bad, and everything gives you cancer, all according to "science" anyways.

What kind of bread are we actually talking about? There's the stuff you buy in grocery stores that have a long list of ingredients and then there's just plain bread without all the preservatives and what not be in it, and then then there is bread from Heaven, which was probably pretty good. Lol.

• Like 2

Lucian Hodoboc
On 6/30/2018 at 11:31 PM, William said:

So asking you a simple question is a straw man argument?

Yes, it's a straw man argument, because you're not addressing my point. I wasn't asking whether a fruitarian or a raw vegan diet is easily achievable in our fallen world. I was asking whether God's advice to eat meat, bread and dairy is reconcilable with the findings of science in regards to the optimum food for our biological design. In other words, why would God warn people to stay away from a lot of things because they are not the way He intended them to work / they are not natural (homosexuality, divorce etc.), but not tell people the way that their digestive system was designed to work optimally.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:31 PM, William said:

So asking you a simple question is a straw man argument? What I find hilariously ridiculous about your title is that "Science finds" meat, milk and bread are not as healthy as once thought. Would that title or scientific find apply to everyone, anytime, and everywhere? If people are starving in Ethiopia and meat, milk, and bread are offered is the consumption thereof relative to health preconditions? I think it can be easily established that a fruitarian diet is not a broad diet which can be generally applied to everyone.  Here are some contrary articles which go against your "scientific narrative". 

Risks of Fruitarian Diet:

Weight gain: Fruits are heavy in natural sugars. While there are some people on this diet who could lose weight, eating large portions of fruit actually puts you at risk of gaining weight.

Diabetes: For diabetic or pre-diabetic patients, the fruitarian diet can be dangerous. Fruits contain so much sugar that eating too much can negatively affect blood sugar levels. A fruit-only diet can also be dangerous for people with pancreatic and kidney disorders.

Tooth decay: Fruit’s high sugar content can put you at high risk for tooth decay. For example, apples have the potential to be as corrosive as candy or soda. Some fruits, such as oranges, are highly acidic and can erode tooth enamel.

Nutritional deficiencies: Fruitarians frequently have low levels of vitamin B12, calcium, vitamin D, iodine and omega-3 fatty acids, which can lead to anemia, tiredness, lethargy and immune system dysfunction. Low calcium can also cause osteoporosis.

Nutritional supplements that fulfill these deficiencies are often made from food sources like dairy cultures or soy protein, which are considered off-limits in the fruitarian diet. This makes malnourishment far more common.

Cravings: Restricting your diet to mainly fruits can lead to cravings or food obsessions.

Starvation mode: By relying mainly on fruits and depriving yourself of needed vitamins, fats and proteins, it’s possible to push your body into starvation mode. If your body feels it’s starving, it will slow down your metabolism in an attempt to conserve energy for vital functions.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/fruitarian-diet-is-it-safe-or-really-healthy-for-you/

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2013/02/07/ashton-kutchers-fruitarian-diet-what-went-wrong

Hilarious,  "Scientist discover breathing air isn't as safe as once thought."

God bless,

William

You will find all those issues addressed in this book: https://www.amazon.com/Detox-Miracle-Sourcebook-Complete-Regeneration/dp/1935826190 or by looking up online Dr. Robert Morse's videos . I'm sure you can find the pdf version online for free, but for copyright reasons, I'm not going to post a link to it.

There's a thing called a healing crisis. When your body has accumulated too many toxins and you switch from junk food (and drugs) to a raw vegan diet, you will start detoxifying your body too quickly, which will cause some adverse reactions. You have to transition to a different diet gradually. Just like how people who have been raw vegans for years and suddenly start eating meat and dairy develop certain negative reactions. All diet changes, if done abruptly, will cause the human body to not be able to adapt immediately.

Here is scientific proof that we are a predominantly frugivore species: http://creationislove.com/humans-are-frugivores-were-designed-to-eat-mostly-fruit/

Here is the explanation about Ashton Kutcher: https://www.mucusfreelife.com/jobs-kutcher-radical-fruit/

Steve Jobs never went on a fruitarian diet all of a sudden. His biographers and his family said that he alternated weeks of being raw vegan with weeks of eating cooked meals.

Faber
On 6/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Do these new scientific discoveries destroy Christianity?

This is laughable. 

• Like 3

Origen
On 6/30/2018 at 3:35 PM, Becky said:

Science told me dinosaurs  and people lived at the same time . Oops guess that 'fact' was wrong at this time.

9bb8b02224e1529a39655526b504bc75.thumb.jpg.b004c45566e3b9443c1f9c48ebd53e49.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Origen
On 6/30/2018 at 2:44 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Nonsense!  First, clearly you don't know what a straw man argument is.  Second, this has nothing to do with God power.  No one is denying that God could have.

3 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Yes, it's a straw man argument, because you're not addressing my point.

That is not what a straw man is.  So before you start throwing around certain term you need to know what you are talking about.

• Best Answer 1

Lucian Hodoboc
2 hours ago, Origen said:

Nonsense!  First, clearly you don't know what a straw man argument is.  Second, this has nothing to do with God power.  No one is denying that God could have.

That is not what a straw man is.  So before you start throwing around certain term you need to know what you are talking about.

The … typical “attacking a straw man” argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent’s proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e., “stand up a straw man”) and then to refute or defeat that false argument (“knock down a straw man”) instead of the original proposition.

Me: How do you reconcile the teachings of God from the Bible with the findings of modern-day science in terms of the advisable diet for our species is, considering that The Bible is  supposed to be the unchangeable Holy Book that contains advice for all humankind?

Him: People in Biblical time did not have access to the proper type of diet all year around.

His answer is replacing my proposition with a different one, namely that the people in Biblical times lived in harsh conditions that did not allow them to eat a proper diet. That is unrelated to the fact that The Bible is not addressed exclusively to the people in Biblical times, but rather to the entire humankind till the Second Coming of Jesus. While God knew that the Israelites will not be able to keep the entire Mosaic law while they were under the rule of other nations, He still gave them the law. To keep it during the times when they were free and able to. Therefore, unless God knew that mankind will never ever be able to have access to fruits and vegetables all year round, I see no reason how his answer addressed the problem.

William
Staff
16 minutes ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Him: People in Biblical time did not have access to the proper type of diet all year around.

Wrong.

• Like 2

Joefizz
On 6/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Hahaha righttttt so God mentioned not eating certain "actually unhealthy meats" like Swine aka pigs and other certain animals made into meat food for nothing?

• Like 1

Joefizz
On 6/27/2018 at 4:04 PM, Origen said:

exercise-i-thought-you-said-extra-fries-21374381.png.3424513fbaa39baaa67c2ab5ac1b511e.png

I saw this on a T-shirt today at the VA and just had to share it.

Excellent comedy element you just "had to" lol!

• Like 1

Origen
2 hours ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Me: How do you reconcile the teachings of God from the Bible with the findings of modern-day science in terms of the advisable diet for our species is, considering that The Bible is  supposed to be the unchangeable Holy Book that contains advice for all humankind?

His answer is replacing my proposition with a different one, namely that the people in Biblical times lived in harsh conditions that did not allow them to eat a proper diet. That is unrelated to the fact that The Bible is not addressed exclusively to the people in Biblical times, but rather to the entire humankind till the Second Coming of Jesus. While God knew that the Israelites will not be able to keep the entire Mosaic law while they were under the rule of other nations, He still gave them the law. To keep it during the times when they were free and able to. Therefore, unless God knew that mankind will never ever be able to have access to fruits and vegetables all year round, I see no reason how his answer addressed the problem.

Wow!  You completely ignore both mine and @William posts.  Is that how you address evidence and arguments?  You just pretend it is not there.  You don't honestly think anyone will take the time to address your claims?  What would be the point?  You are not going to answer and that makes you a troll.

• Best Answer 1