SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Freedom

Are we still sinners?

Freedom

once we are sinners
we are forgiven by the sacrifice of Christ
Heb 9:14  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? 
so our conscience is purged by the blood of Christ to leave the dead works..
We are still in the sinful body
this is why are baptising into Christ and buried our body unto the death of Christ. we left our old life .. we are started new life and we got new spirit.
Rom 6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 
Rom 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 
Rom 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 
Rom 6:7  For he that is dead is freed from sin. 
Rom 6:8  Now if we BE dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 
even we are in the sinful body...
even we are with tempting in body
SIN CAN NOT GOVERN ON US

Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 
JESUS SENT ME FREE
NOT 10% NOT 30% NOT 80% BUT 100%

SIN CAN NOT GOVERN ON US, IT CAN TEMPT. BUT CAN NOT GOVERN US. THANK YOU JESUS. PRAISES TO YOU HEAVENLY FATHER.

• Like 2

Placable37

And yet genuine Christians do fail, offend, transgress, and sin. The measure of their maturity in Christ is their acknowledgement, confession and repentance of faults, offences, transgressions and sins.

Gal 6:1
(1)  Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, you which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest you also be tempted.
Jas 5:16
(16)  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

G3900

παράπτωμα
paraptōma
par-ap'-to-mah
From G3895; a side slip (lapse or deviation), that is, (unintentional) error or (wilful) transgression: - fall, fault, offence, sin, trespass.
Total KJV occurrences: 23

Eph 4:32
(32)  And be you kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.

Matthew 6:9-16

(9)  After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be your name.
(10)  Your kingdom come. Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
(11)  Give us this day our daily bread.
(12)  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
(13)  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For yours is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
(14)  For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
(15)  But if you forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(16)  Moreover when you fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Edited by Placable37
  • Like 1

Freedom
18 hours ago, Placable37 said:

<.G3900

Matthew 6:9-16

(9)  After this manner therefore pray you: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be your name.
(10)  Your kingdom come. Your will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.)

.................................................................................

here is my reply

Thy kingdome  come, your will be done in the earth, as it is i heaven

in heaven God pushed out and punished the angels when they are sinned

if this christian people believing still they are sinning... is God changed his mood and heart

is this verse is wasted?

let us think in this way

Freedom

What is the action of the blood of Christ? 

how much power is there in the blood of Christ?

what is the meaning of burial with Jesus Christ?

how much we benefited? still we are depending on our works? means to stay strong with fighting in the flesh

How did God call us as saints? 25% saints? 50% saints? 100% saints

or only still doing sin and only depending on grace?

still sinning? still repenting? still depending?

what is the transformation in soul and body too?

I like to challenge all of you to think..on the fact how God has placed us..

as i am growing in holiness i have tasted different experience

My heart is willing to flee, willing to cry, willing to go and live in the desert.

Psa 55:6  And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.

Psa 55:7  Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. 

Psa 55:8  I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest. 

Edited by Freedom
typing mistakes

Placable37

The paradox is that in this life perfect Christians are those who repent of their imperfections, knowing the truth of these verses: 

Php 3:12-14
(12)  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
(13)  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
(14)  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

• Like 1

Faber
17 hours ago, Freedom said:

still repenting? 

I still repent. The Lord brings things to my mind that I have done wrong throughout my life. I confess it/them as sin. I thank Him that He continues to do this. I admit it is a bitter pill to swallow as I recall the awful things I have thought or done but at the same time it is humbling and it does cause me to be grateful to Him for the immensity of His goodness and forgiveness to me.

• Like 1

Freedom
40 minutes ago, Faber said:

I still repent. The Lord brings things to my mind that I have done wrong throughout my life. I confess it/them as sin. I thank Him that He continues to do this. I admit it is a bitter pill to swallow as I recall the awful things I have thought or done but at the same time it is humbling and it does cause me to be grateful to Him for the immensity of His goodness and forgiveness to me.

When you are able to walk in spirit of God,, you can stop to sin.. HOly spirit is not author for sin.. word of God saying .. the spirit of God is living in us ... our bodies are temples.. when temple is with God how is possible to temple to do the wrong thing against God?

living with spirit can cause to stop the sin... and stopping sin can cause to stop to ask forgiveness

Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 
Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 

God bless you for your obedience and understanding

Placable37
3 hours ago, Freedom said:

When you are able to walk in spirit of God,, you can stop to sin.. HOly spirit is not author for sin.. word of God saying .. the spirit of God is living in us ... our bodies are temples.. when temple is with God how is possible to temple to do the wrong thing against God?

living with spirit can cause to stop the sin... and stopping sin can cause to stop to ask forgiveness

Rom 8:13  For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 
Rom 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 

Hi Freedom, Can you clarify whether or not you believe being filled with the Holy Spirit means a person has attained sinless perfection. My own view is that other than Christ, a person who believes they have attained sinless perfection in this life such that they never do anything contrary to God's Will, never need to repent of anything, and never need to ask for forgiveness, is operating in a spirit of pride.     

• Like 1

deade
4 hours ago, Freedom said:

What is you first language? Surely it isn't English. If you have a message it seems lost in translation.

5268.gif

Freedom
2 hours ago, deade said:

What is you first language? Surely it isn't English. If you have a message it seems lost in translation.

5268.gif

yes.... i am truly sorry... BIG SORRY... ENGLISH IS MY THIRD LANGUAGE. FORGIVE ME

Freedom
3 hours ago, Placable37 said:

Hi Freedom, Can you clarify whether or not you believe being filled with the Holy Spirit means a person has attained sinless perfection. My own view is that other than Christ, a person who believes they have attained sinless perfection in this life such that they never do anything contrary to God's Will, never need to repent of anything, and never need to ask for forgiveness, is operating in a spirit of pride.     

IN old testament... people are given sacrifices many times (this means asking forgiveness many times) so now? in new testament how many times we are allowed to ask forgiveness?

Placable37
1 hour ago, Freedom said:

IN old testament... people are given sacrifices many times (this means asking forgiveness many times) so now? in new testament how many times we are allowed to ask forgiveness?

Here are the verses we want:

1John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

It is exactly because Christ became sin for us, paid the penalty for our sins, and cancelled the debt of our sin, that no other sacrifice needs to be made.

It is exactly because Christ is our Advocate, and because He interecedes for us that we take our sins to Him, knowing that He has forever appeased God as to the judgment of sinners who repent in His name. It is God's pleasure to show mercy on those for whom Christ is their Advocate.

As our Advocate:

1. Christ presents our confessions of sin and our prayers for the fresh discoveries and applications of pardoning grace.

"He admits the guilt of those for whom he becomes the advocate, to the full extent charged on them by the law of God, and by their own consciences. He does not attempt to hide or conceal it. He makes no apology for it. He neither attempts to deny the fact, nor to show that they had a right to do as they have done. He could not do this, for it would not be true; and any plea before the throne of God which should be based on a denial of our guilt would be fatal to our cause."[Alfred Barnes' Notes]

2. Christ answers the charges and accusations of the court adversary against sinners.

3. Christ removes the charges and accusations of the court adversary against sinners.

4. Christ demands as justice for His sacrificial suffering and death, the benefits of pardon, righteousness, grace, and glory for penitents.

5. Christ comforts penitents with the benefits of pardon, righteousness, grace, and glory.

We have this passage in Hebrews to guide us with the question of repentance from dead works being foundational, not something we need to continually relay but something we must build on:  

Hebrews 6:1-6
(1)  Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
(2)  Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
(3)  And this will we do, if God permit.
(4)  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5)  And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6)  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Benji

We were born in sin, we chose to sin the first time we had a chance to do either sin or to do righteousness and sometimes we still sin today even though we have the Holy Spirit living in us.  1 John 1:8 "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." 

In God's sight we are holy and blameless (Eph 1:4) since we are holy and blameless in God's eyes who needs to be sinless? It simply cannot get any better than this can it?  HOLY and BLAMELESS!!!  IN GOD'S EYES!!!!!!  But we are not sinless and we will never be this side of eternity.

Benji

• Like 1

hanna
On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, Freedom said:

yes.... i am truly sorry... BIG SORRY... ENGLISH IS MY THIRD LANGUAGE. FORGIVE ME

Well, for me English is the third language, too, and I think I understood Your message. 😊

Faber
15 hours ago, Benji said:

But we are not sinless and we will never be this side of eternity.

Freedom
On 6/29/2018 at 5:37 AM, deade said:

5268.gif

Yes ... thank you for understanding.. English is 3rd language ,, i am sorry,, excuse me

glf

Heb 12:5-11 "And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Maranatha!

H03
On 6/30/2018 at 12:57 PM, hanna said:

Well, for me English is the third language, too, and I think I understood Your message. 😊

For your third language!

Your English Is very good, exceptional. 

God bless you  

hanna
1 hour ago, H03 said:

For your third language!

Your English Is very good, exceptional. 

God bless you  

Oh, thank you! I am flattered. God bless you too.

• Like 1