SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Manonfire63

Testimony: Prophetic Calling

Manonfire63

Around fall 2013 I received a Prophetic Calling.  I would like to share that testimony towards edification.  

I was had been a life long Christian.  I went to a Non-Denominational Church growing up.  It was a "Word of Faith" Church.  As far as theology and knowledge of all the complex ideas in the Bible, was just an average man.  I was a certified Social Studies Teacher, and a Honorably Discharged Combat Veteran from the US Army.  In terms of background knowledge in Christianity, I may have been an average Christian and a Theology noob.  I had been substitute teaching for two years after the Army.  I decided to move from Washington State to Tennessee.  I qualified for money to go back to college through the Veterans Administration. (Vocational Rehabilitation.)  I could choose, basically, any University in the United States that would accept me.  I chose to go to Middle Tennessee State University which is about 30 minutes outside of Nashville.  I didn't know anyone there.  I was working on being happy, and pursuing happiness.  I was going to get a second undergraduate in Construction Management.  I had leadership skills from the Army, and decided that would be a good avenue to utilize them.  I saw myself starting a career and a life there.  I was 29 years old.  

In October 2013 I received a Prophetic Calling.  God started talking to me.  I knew that Moses was a Prophet and that Jesus was a Prophet.  I didn't know what exactly was required of me.  I looked it up.  I was guided to "Kingdom Watchers" website.    

Kingdom Watcher

I had been living hard for the last 5 years or so.  My late 20's had been rough.  I had been experiencing a lot of depression.  Reading about the Prophetic Ministry God showed me how my past was leading up to something he was calling me to do.  I felt a kinship with the Prophets of the Bible.  Life started to make sense.  I went into training for a few months and was taught by The Holy Ghost as mentored by Kingdom Watchers.  In 2014, I stopped going to school.  The last four years or so I have been working to build the Kingdom of God full time.  I have been living day to day for the most part.  Me writing this today, was something I was shepherded into.  

I ended up growing in Faith, and learning a lot about how God and the Spiritual works.  The Holy Ghost is like a train at a constant rate of motion.  I was shepherded into aligning myself with the train.  Given someone else would like to grow in Faith as I did, they would need to be meek before God, and they would need the following proverbs:  

Manonfire63

One of the first things that often happens after I share a testimony similar to this is someone replies "He is a self-made Prophet."  

God makes prophets.  Man does not make prophets.  A Church makes a prophet, and he is a "yes man" or a false prophet?  God makes prophets.  The burden of proof is on the Prophet?  I have four years or so have testimony and fruit to show to give evidence to and edify.

Origen
2 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

One of the first things that often happens after I share a testimony similar to this is someone replies "He is a self-made Prophet."  

You should listen to who ever that was.

• Like 1

Manonfire63

That was the first thing you were going to write because you would be "That Guy" right?  

Based on our discussion in another thread, do you see Christianity as more of a Philosophy?  Do you understand the spiritual side of things and how they work?  I may be able to explain them to you given you are willing to learn and are teachable.  

Innerfire89

There's no reason that you would be a profit, we have God's word already, the only gift of prophecy in the new testament Church is actually the same as teaching,  not telling the future or revealed knowledge or any of the other crazy things that heretics try to pass off as prophesy.

2 Peter 2:1

But there were false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you.

Origen
12 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

Based on our discussion in another thread, do you see Christianity as more of a Philosophy?

Wrong.  You are not very good at this prophet thing.

13 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

Do you understand the spiritual side of things and how they work?  I may be able to explain them to you given you are willing to learn and are teachable.  

lol  Now you are just being comical.

Innerfire89
12 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

That was the first thing you were going to write because you would be "That Guy" right?  

Based on our discussion in another thread, do you see Christianity as more of a Philosophy?  Do you understand the spiritual side of things and how they work?  I may be able to explain them to you given you are willing to learn and are teachable.  

Without referring to prophesing, speaking in toungs, slaying in the spirit, or miraculous healing,

Can you tell us something about the work and fruits of The Holy Spirit?

Manonfire63

Without referring to prophesing, speaking in toungs, slaying in the spirit, or miraculous healing,

Can you tell us something about the work and fruits of The Holy Spirit?

We could have all types of discussions.  The link below is what God has shown me to be most important to growing in faith.  

Manonfire63

Dwelling on God's Law

• Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. (Psalms 1:1-2)

Who is God? What is God's character? How does God work in the World? How does someone lean on him? Someone growing in Faith works to answer these questions. Have you ever heard the saying "God works in mysterious ways?" That is false. That is not in the Bible. Someone who didn't read or seek out God may have been lulled into a state of complacency by the above statement. God works in particular ways. Why did the Holocaust happen? What is a prophet, and what are attributes of prophets? What is a spirit and how do they work? What is an exorcism, and why do Catholic exorcists do what they do? Someone working to answer these questions may be said to be dwelling on The Law of The Lord. There are reasonable answers to all of them.

The way God lead me to start dwelling on his law, had to do with understanding what a Prophet was. In the Books of The Prophets, there are men separated by time and space whom God spoke through. The character of God does not change from book to book. God's tone does not change from book to book. This shows God's Holy Spirit. A prophet cannot contradict other prophets.

Enduring Spiritual Theme:

Your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside of you through his spirit.

God is long suffering.

Men are to joyfully endure trials to grow in patience and faith. (James 1:2-4).

For someone to speak for God, someone may need to know how God is feeling. Man is made in the image of God. What man feels and experiences reflects something of God or the spiritual.
The Spiritual is like a mirror? Some prophets are called into suffering. God is hard.

Edited by Manonfire63

Innerfire89
28 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

We could have all types of discussions.  The link below is what God has shown me to be most important to growing in faith.  

This should be a very easy question to anwser, that tread has it's own things that need to be discussed.

Like the part that talked about seeing spirits when talking to God, even though we see no such experience in Scripture.

Innerfire89
27 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

Dwelling on God's Law

• Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. (Psalms 1:1-2)

Who is God? What is God's character? How does God work in the World? How does someone lean on him? Someone growing in Faith works to answer these questions. Have you ever heard the saying "God works in mysterious ways?" That is false. That is not in the Bible. Someone who didn't read or seek out God may have been lulled into a state of complacency by the above statement. God works in particular ways. Why did the Holocaust happen? What is a prophet, and what are attributes of prophets? What is a spirit and how do they work? What is an exorcism, and why do Catholic exorcists do what they do? Someone working to answer these questions may be said to be dwelling on The Law of The Lord. There are reasonable answers to all of them.

The way God lead me to start dwelling on his law, had to do with understanding what a Prophet was. In the Books of The Prophets, there are men separated by time and space whom God spoke through. The character of God does not change from book to book. God's tone does not change from book to book. This shows God's Holy Spirit. A prophet cannot contradict other prophets.

Enduring Spiritual Theme:

Your Body is a Temple. Jesus lives inside of you through his spirit.

God is long suffering.

Men are to joyfully endure trials to grow in patience and faith. (James 1:2-4).

For someone to speak for God, someone may need to know how God is feeling. Man is made in the image of God. What man feels and experiences reflects something of God or the spiritual.
The Spiritual is like a mirror? Some prophets are called into suffering. God is hard.

Where does the Bible even hint that some needs to know how God feels to talk to Him?

Or that what your feeling is what God is feeling?

• Like 1