The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Innerfire89

Do I have to wear a shirt?

The topic of modest swim wear for women has been bouncing around the internet for awhile.

In my humble opinion a Christian woman shouldn't be wearing a bikini. But is it an issue for men not to wear shirts? I guess it could be, but it just doesn't seem like to me. But I don't want to be a hypocrite. So do I need to wear a shirt?

Edited by Innerfire89

I only wear a shirt cuz of personal preference, not for any kind of modesty issue.  Though, I really should get one of those more spandex kind rather than the normal t-shirts I will wear.  T-shirts can start to rub on things and make them rather sensitive.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Knotical said:

I only wear a shirt cuz of personal preference, not for any kind of modesty issue.  Though, I really should get one of those more spandex kind rather than the normal t-shirts I will wear.  T-shirts can start to rub on things and make them rather sensitive.

Most of the time I'm at home I don't have a shirt on, I guess I'm considered a country boy when it comes to gettng dressed, I'll be fooling around in the front yard with shirt or shoes on.

When do wear something on my feet it's usually work boots.

I think it depends on the man, for me, I'm  not showing off anything special, just a bad case of gyenocomastia. Lol.

9 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

The topic of modest swim wear for women has been bouncing around the internet for awhile.

In my humble opinion a Christian woman shouldn't be wearing a bikini. But is it an issue for men not to wear shirts? I guess it could be, but it just doesn't seem like to me. But I don't want to be a hypocrite. So do I need to wear a shirt?

I must wear a shirt, or risk the possibility of being arrested for indecent exposure :classic_smile:

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Truth7t7 said:

I must wear a shirt, or risk the possibility of being arrested for indecent exposure :classic_smile:

Yeah, there must be a law against exposing man boobs......or at least there should beshocked-eyes-smiley-emoticon.gif.

• Haha 2

I personally never ware a shirt in the shower. lol. My body is 73 years young and it shows the ware and tare of a working man. I am not embarrassed to take of my shirt in a public situation, but I sure hate the laughing I would get, so I keep my shirt on.

As for woman's bathing suits, how can you call most of them a suit?  Woman who expose every inch of the body in the thinnest material, a "G" string for their private part, and just enough material to cover the nipples. That is sinful no matter what anyone says. A woman should be modest and today's woman's bathing suits as as close to being nude as possible. This is unacceptable for any Christian woman to dress so immodestly, in fact if a wonan wares such bathing suits she is causing men of any age to lust, and that is causing men to sin as well.

Should churches sponsor a swim party for young people? I don't think so because girls have poor choices for bathing suits, and young boys and young men have a difficult time learning to control their sexuality, and this is way to much temptation. Anyone suggesting this is not true does not know the serious sexual temptations young people, and most people face. 

• Like 2

Staff

This reminds me of a time in the late 50s ...  This family had a number of girls.

The church would have liked to have swim parties at the river. Modesty became a quick issue.. the Dad of those girls would not allow swim suits but for some reason wet T-shirts were ok? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Just Mike @Becky

There's almost nothing available for women to ware. There are a few small clothing lines that make modest swim wear, but you would probably have to search all over the internet to find them to make an order and it's probably expensive.

• Like 2

Staff

There are some modest nice swimsuits add a simple  'beach cover-up' for out of the water like the stripped one . image.png.1c15252a8940be627f96529d5c038f0b.pngimage.png.758e01db391f0ac1529b6f0d533b2af9.pngimage.png.c612aefe711e583ca55055fc74b660d6.png

• Like 3

Staff

We 'ladies?' know what we wear and why we wear what we do.  A Godly woman will dress accordingly. If for some reason she is not dressing so, a godly women will take kind reception to the leader ship of another. 

• Love 1

On 9/15/2018 at 12:50 PM, Becky said:

This reminds me of a time in the late 50s ...  This family had a number of girls.

The church would have liked to have swim parties at the river. Modesty became a quick issue.. the Dad of those girls would not allow swim suits but for some reason wet T-shirts were ok? 

Creep parents abound.

• Like 1