SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
SPaulasir

Trauma Surgeon Looking for Answers

SPaulasir

I see accidents and tragedies everyday at my job. And these tragic events seem to happen to young and old, good and bad, believers and unbelievers alike. I have been thinking a lot about whether events happen by chance versus divine intervention.   Aside from negative events and tragedies, Have you ever experienced things in your life where you felt like God intervened in a particular way while for others it may have seemed like it was a coincidence but you were sure that was divine intervention? 

Becky

In looking back over my 72  71years i see the Hand of God holding me often.  From the simple putting a slow driver in front of me going over the mountain, I would have slammed into a stopped truck. Placing me in a family of believers, The sale of a home. Many many times I can look back and  see Him . The sale of the home was know at the time. 

Sue D.

I firmly believe in guardian angels -- there have been a couple of times that I should have been in fatal accidents -- when I was by myself driving.  At the very last second -- accidents were averted.  Yes, God intervened / angels were protecting me.  

Just the other day I was driving on the local , 4-lane highway -- drive it every day on the way to the next bigger town.  There was a slow driver just ahead of me and a car on the inside lane about a car length behind.  I was waiting for him to pass by so I could get around the slow car.  He didn't -- just lagged behind - so I got in front of him and got moving around the other car ahead of me.   All of a sudden the car in back passed along with me -- and kept right behind me back into the outside lane.  He Stayed Right behind me.  Tailgated me for a couple of miles.  Then there was a Hwpatrol car stopped with another car along the side of the highway.  I changed into the inner lane as did the car right behind me.  I got past the Hwpatrol car and went back into the outside lane.  Well -- the car following So Close behind me decided to back Way off.  Apparently he knew the Hwpatrol car could see him and since he was going our same way -- decided to behave himself.  IF he had stayed behind me -- I'd have pulled off at the convenience store that was coming up.  Let him pass me.  And if he'd Also pulled in -- I'd have pulled right back Out  and driven to the next very visible store  with a big parking lot.  

I don't know What that guy in the car had in mind -- but it Probably wasn't good.  God Does work in 'strange' ways sometimes to protect us.  

Placable37

A very interest

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:48 AM, SPaulasir said:

I see accidents and tragedies everyday at my job. And these tragic events seem to happen to young and old, good and bad, believers and unbelievers alike. I have been thinking a lot about whether events happen by chance versus divine intervention.   Aside from negative events and tragedies, Have you ever experienced things in your life where you felt like God intervened in a particular way while for others it may have seemed like it was a coincidence but you were sure that was divine intervention? 

Hi SPaulsir, This is an interesting topic which has occupied me so intensely in the past that I amassed a lot of related material and spent hours discussing relevant issues on and offline.

The work you do is born of necessity, - you are needed, your knowledge, dedication, expertise, skills and focus are needed. The survival and well-being of your fellow humans is dependant on your profession.

The chaos and confusion of this world is a result of the fall and the curse. The madness of reality is the reality of madness. People do stupid things, individually and corporately. When it comes to cause and effect there are 3 basic categories:

~ Things we have direct control over.

~ Things we have no direct control over.

~ Things God directly controls for us. 

While it is true that God knows all that is knowable, is everywhere it is possible to be, and has all the power there is to have, His reasons for not preventing every plane crash or other fatality are His to know and ours to question, such is life, such is the reality of the situation.

God's angels have prevented my death a few times, but not some injuries. 

God's Word says that our trials, tribulations, and testings build our character, and that compared to the eternal weight of glory are but light afflictions, and also that we are to give thanks in all things, which isn't that easy sometimes, but is the will of God. Blessings in Christ. 

Edited by Placable37
Error in sentence construction

Innerfire89

I believe that everything is guided, and /or ordained by God, I think it's possible that God sometimes allows things to happen randomly, but what things I can't say.

Life is very fragile and can end so easily in so many ways that everyone almost died today.

I could have fell in the shower hit the back of my head and be a paraplegic for the rest of my life. And how about driving, even having a wreck at 30 MPH is enough to seriously injure or kill a person.

• Like 1

CDF47
7 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

I believe that everything is guided, and /or ordained by God, I think it's possible that God sometimes allows things to happen randomly, but what things I can't say.

Life is very fragile and can end so easily in so many ways that everyone almost died today.

I could have fell in the shower hit the back of my head and be a paraplegic for the rest of my life. And how about driving, even having a wreck at 30 MPH is enough to seriously injure or kill a person.

I feel the same way.

• Like 1

deade

Look what happened in my family: Nov. '45 my dad dies - April '46 my sister dies - May '46 I am born with severe asthma from 3 car wrecks of my mom being shot up with morphine. I almost die a few times until '48 when I seem to get better. 

But in '48 my eldest aunt in Indiana dies and we have to take in 5 older kids. The youngest was my age. Shortly after grandpa dies next door to us. Things seem to line out except the overcrowding of two, two bedroom houses. 19 people in these homes.

But in early '50 I watch as my brother dies by fire and I go into PTSD. This seems like a curse, but I'll bet it isn't. All this has made the the person I am today.

• Like 1

CDF47
2 hours ago, deade said:

Look what happened in my family: Nov. '45 my dad dies - April '46 my sister dies - May '46 I am born with severe asthma from 3 car wrecks of my mom being shot up with morphine. I almost die a few times until '48 when I seem to get better. 

But in '48 my eldest aunt in Indiana dies and we have to take in 5 older kids. The youngest was my age. Shortly after grandpa dies next door to us. Things seem to line out except the overcrowding of two, two bedroom houses. 19 people in these homes.

But in early '50 I watch as my brother dies by fire and I go into PTSD. This seems like a curse, but I'll bet it isn't. All this has made the the person I am today.

Wow, yeah that sounds like a rough time.

• Like 1

deade
4 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Wow, yeah that sounds like a rough time.

If was rough, I couldn't talk about my brother's death until I was about twelve. Once I started talking, I started coming out of my PTSD. The more I talked, the more I healed. Until then I had nightmares almost nightly. He was five and I was three, he was my best friend.

CDF47
16 hours ago, deade said:

If was rough, I couldn't talk about my brother's death until I was about twelve. Once I started talking, I started coming out of my PTSD. The more I talked, the more I healed. Until then I had nightmares almost nightly. He was five and I was three, he was my best friend.

PTSD can be really bad with flashbacks and nightmares.  I know it.  I lost my mother 11 years ago and that was the hardest part of my life.  Right now I am still trying to get over my recent divorce from February but I am still struggling with that.

• Like 1