SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Just Mike

SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, a fresh idea.

Just Mike

Perhaps you are like me, or maybe not. I am so tired of hearing how we need to add more gun control laws, as if more laws really do much good. As its been said so many times to the point its redundant, "guns don't kill people, people kill people". We all have heard these shooters are mentally ill, and more tighter laws would prevent these ill people form getting guns. To that I say its pure garbage. If anyone wants a gun they can get one, people sell guns to others all the time, and there is no way to stop private sales of guns.  In reality  guns are not the issue. These killers are evil, sin sick people who not only rejected Christ, but basic human morality.

Here is my suggestion....... Prisons are pretty much able to keep insiders in, and outsiders out,  people on both sides are protected.  Why can't schools be so equipped to keep students protected inside and keep outsiders out. There is no reason why we can't make schools secure, and protect the students inside. Each and every student must be checked, just exactly like when you go to board a plane. 

In a number of school shootings the shooters were students of former students, which proves my point that each and every teacher, student, or worker in that school must go through a search of their body by a wand and the bag, back pack, what ever comes in to that school must be checked. 

Now I am aware of the work all this requires in making sure our students are totally safe. But as we have heard over and over, at what cost are our children worth? For sure we must now consider our schools to be just or more as secure as we do our prisons, and those prisoners we keep securely inside. I do not want to hear we can't afford the cost, because the cost of not protecting our children at school is even more.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Just Mike
More fuel for my point
  • Like 1

Innerfire89

I think the school in whole needs major change.

I agree, those kids are well worth the cost. An idea that popped into my head after reading this is, do kids really need backpacks? Something that never made sense to me is that kids have lockers but still carry around backpacks, apart from doing homework, they could just leave thier books at school or

the books could stay in the classroom.

RazeontheRock

When were schools not prisons?

In some parts of the country, schools are secured and access is limited. Of course this is not perfect, but mass shootings don't happen in those areas.

This is not a new idea. It's ONE part of a successful plan, that was perfectly obvious 19 years ago in the wake of Columbine. The only thing that's kept us from implementing sound plans are the idiots screaming for more laws. As if criminals were going to suddenly obey laws.