SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
RazeontheRock

Afghanistan

RazeontheRock

Lots going on there. To start with, I voted for Trump and have lived my whole life in the US. Most of the times I set foot out of the Country I was in International waters, sailing.

Our history of involvement in AF is not really attached to what we're doing now, which is a discussion that might take place.

What's happening there now varies tremendously, depending on who you listen to. 70% of their territory is either under control of the Taliban, or control is threatened, or at least they operate openly in that much of the Country. Those saying this are primarily British sources, and local sources do not dispute the last part of the statement, that Taliban has freedom to operate openly. This makes me wonder what's different in the other 30% of the Country; is the Taliban really not free to operate there? And if not, why not?

Local sources say 10% of the territory is under Taliban control, although this might be government propaganda and knowingly false. The truth is probably somewhere in between those extremes, with 40% being a nice middle figure. Nearly 1/2 the Country?!? This is an absolute slap in the face to everyone that went there to serve! And not just those from the US.

The locals are content to cooperate with the Taliban, to "drive the foreigners from our land." After all the atrocities they've committed?!?

Maybe we should write these people off as just plain stupid, and not worth our effort? I see no reason to invest a dime in helping them when they take positions like this. All we went there for to begin with was to put a stop to harboring terrorists, and using land to train them. We can put a stop to that pretty easily, with not much risk of US casualties.

Maybe we should just pull out completely, with a dire warning to this effect? I mean, maybe they just need to live like the times were before feudal Europe. Just let them be happy with that as long as they keep their evil influence to themselves.

And keep our government away from their heroin; how about some Congressional oversight on that?

Truth7t7
On 6/12/2018 at 11:36 AM, RazeontheRock said:

Lots going on there. To start with, I voted for Trump and have lived my whole life in the US. Most of the times I set foot out of the Country I was in International waters, sailing.

Our history of involvement in AF is not really attached to what we're doing now, which is a discussion that might take place.

What's happening there now varies tremendously, depending on who you listen to. 70% of their territory is either under control of the Taliban, or control is threatened, or at least they operate openly in that much of the Country. Those saying this are primarily British sources, and local sources do not dispute the last part of the statement, that Taliban has freedom to operate openly. This makes me wonder what's different in the other 30% of the Country; is the Taliban really not free to operate there? And if not, why not?

Local sources say 10% of the territory is under Taliban control, although this might be government propaganda and knowingly false. The truth is probably somewhere in between those extremes, with 40% being a nice middle figure. Nearly 1/2 the Country?!? This is an absolute slap in the face to everyone that went there to serve! And not just those from the US.

The locals are content to cooperate with the Taliban, to "drive the foreigners from our land." After all the atrocities they've committed?!?

Maybe we should write these people off as just plain stupid, and not worth our effort? I see no reason to invest a dime in helping them when they take positions like this. All we went there for to begin with was to put a stop to harboring terrorists, and using land to train them. We can put a stop to that pretty easily, with not much risk of US casualties.

Maybe we should just pull out completely, with a dire warning to this effect? I mean, maybe they just need to live like the times were before feudal Europe. Just let them be happy with that as long as they keep their evil influence to themselves.

And keep our government away from their heroin; how about some Congressional oversight on that?

I hate to say it but?

It's all about the pharmaceuticals and the poppy flower.

Afghanistan produces 95% 

If you do a little research, the opium production increased five fold under the US occupation, good ole "Massey Ferguson" headquartered in "Duluth Georgia" tractors in the poppy fields keeping the harvest going?

Check the link, in 2001 only 8,000 hectares were being cultivated with poppies, as the Taliban created a Holy War on all that would continue to grow, as Allah gave revelation no more poppies.

In 2002 the US entered Afghanistan, and production shot straight up to 74,000 hectacres, Afghanistan as of 2017 is cultivating 328,000 hectacres under US occupation?

The Poppy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UNNEWS

Afghanistan opium production jumps 87 per cent to record level – UN survey

IRIN 15 November 2017

A profoundly alarming trend in the cultivation and production of opium in Afghanistan reveals an 87 per cent production increase compared to 2016, the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) said Wednesday in its Afghanistan Opium Survey 2017.

A profoundly alarming trend in the cultivation and production of opium in Afghanistan reveals an 87 per cent production increase compared to 2016, the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) said Wednesday in its Afghanistan Opium Survey 2017.

“It is high time for the international community and Afghanistan to reprioritize drug control, and to acknowledge that every nation has a shared responsibility for this global problem,” said UNODC Executive Director Yury Fedotov.

According to the latest figures released by the Afghan Ministry of Counter Narcotics and UNODC, in addition to an 87 per cent jump to a record level of 9,000 metric tonnes in 2017, the area under opium poppy cultivation also increased to a record 328,000 hectares in 2017, up 63 per cent compared with 201,000 hectares in 2016.

Edited by Truth7t7
  • Like 1

RazeontheRock

Not happy with this at all. Let's sort out some facts though? Is AF really under US occupation? That's not something I accept as fact, but then again neither is it defined.

Next, our government decries the opiates epidemic. I would be very surprised if there's anybody here that doesn't know someone that's died from heroin OD. Are they really so hypocritical as to knowingly be so two-faced as to be actively promoting our own heroin problem? If so, this smacks of conspiracy theories like agenda 21, 911 truthers, and etc.

That's not the direction I was going for with this thread, but that's the only reply I've had in 8 days ...

Truth7t7
16 hours ago, RazeontheRock said:

Not happy with this at all. Let's sort out some facts though? Is AF really under US occupation? That's not something I accept as fact, but then again neither is it defined.

Next, our government decries the opiates epidemic. I would be very surprised if there's anybody here that doesn't know someone that's died from heroin OD. Are they really so hypocritical as to knowingly be so two-faced as to be actively promoting our own heroin problem? If so, this smacks of conspiracy theories like agenda 21, 911 truthers, and etc.

That's not the direction I was going for with this thread, but that's the only reply I've had in 8 days ...

I voted for Trump also, and I'm not into believing it's a conspiracy?

It's main stream media on what is taking place, and yes the opiate epidemic is world wide like never before, as the US is spending $50 billion a year in Afghanistan?

Why is it allowed to continue, good question, my opinion is $$$$$$$$$

TheHill

June 20, 2018 - 06:35 PM EDT

US watchdog: 'We failed' to stem Afghan opium production

Opium production has soared to records levels inside Afghanistan despite an $8.7 billion American counternarcotics effort in the country designed to stem the flow of poppy crops fueling a global heroin crisis, a top U.S. watchdog official says.

"There's more opium being grown now than when we started, there's more heroin being produced than when we started, there's more heroin being exported, there are more profits from the heroin going to the Taliban and to the other terrorist groups than when we started," John Sopko, the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), said on Hill.TV's "Rising."

The failures are also giving ammunition to critics of the Afghanistan War who are arguing for the United States' withdrawal.

"The question comes down to it, in the end, you can try to cut out waste but maybe we have been there too long and maybe we have problems here at home that need funding," said Sen. Rand Paul(R-Ky.).

"Schools, roads, you name it--that are underfunded in our country--but we're spending about $50 billion a year trying to build stuff in Afghanistan."

CNN

Exclusive: The more opioids doctors prescribe, the more money they make

TheNewYorker

The Family That Built an Empire of Pain

October 23, 2017 5:00 AM

The Sackler dynasty’s ruthless marketing of painkillers has generated billions of dollars—and millions of addicts. 

TheWashingtonPost

Up to 1,000 more U.S. troops could be headed to Afghanistan this spring

By Greg Jaffe, Missy Ryan

January 21, 2018 at 12:20 PM

The U.S. Army is readying plans that could increase the total force in Afghanistan by as many as 1,000 U.S. troops this spring beyond the 14,000 already in the country, senior military officials said.

Edited by Truth7t7

RazeontheRock

We need to know if this increase in poppy harvest is due to US interest, Taliban control, or collusion between the two. Or some other player, which isn't likely.

Just because our government says it's spending $ trying to combat poppy harvesting doesn't mean squat.

Taking raw product and turning it into marketable heroin is a separate issue, that needs the same answers.

If it's a fact that this is US doing and the Taliban is (still) against it, then that WOULD be a good reason for the government to link arms with the Taliban to drive US out. How shameful!

Truth7t7
47 minutes ago, RazeontheRock said:

We need to know if this increase in poppy harvest is due to US interest, Taliban control, or collusion between the two. Or some other player, which isn't likely.

Just because our government says it's spending $ trying to combat poppy harvesting doesn't mean squat.

Taking raw product and turning it into marketable heroin is a separate issue, that needs the same answers.

If it's a fact that this is US doing and the Taliban is (still) against it, then that WOULD be a good reason for the government to link arms with the Taliban to drive US out. How shameful!

Pretty much a no brainer, 2001 the Taliban lowered production to 8,000 hectacres a 75% world reduction, in 2002 the US occupied Ahghanistan, seeing the production increase to 328,000 hectares under the Presently 15,000 troop occupation.

I personally have a friend that was a first wave in Afghanistan, did 5 years as a commanding field seargent, 85% of their work was disarming explosive devices in the poppy fields, so the village workers could tend the fields.

His explanation was straight forward, as they were fighting the Taliban, keeping them away from harming the production, the numbers speak for themselves.

"Beyond Shameful"!

Please reference the production chart in the UNNEWS

In 2010 the US occupation reached 100,000 troops MilitaryTimes

June of 2001 Taliban bans poppy production, October 2001 President Bush strikes Taliban forces in Ahghanistan?

If you reference the U.N. production chart, there has been a 350% increase in average production of 70,000 hectares for the past 17 years, this would equate easily to a 20 year reserve for the world opiate supply.

RFERL.ORG

Afghanistan: Analysts Ponder Why Taliban Banned Poppy Cultivation

June 14, 2001 00:00 GMT

Andrew Tully

Washington, 14 June 2001 (RFE/RL) -- Analysts specializing in Central Asia struggled with questions on June 13 about why the Taliban militia banned production of the opium poppy in most of Afghanistan.

The questions were raised at a symposium about whether the U.S. and the United Nations are enjoying any success in their drug-fighting programs in Central Asia and Afghanistan. The forum was sponsored by the Open Society Institute (OSI), a private policy research facility with offices around the world.

Much of the discussion focused on last year's decision by the Taliban, which controls most of Afghanistan, to ban the production of opium poppy. The militia announced recently that virtually all the country's growers had heeded the ban. That would mean that the source of the world's heroin has abruptly shrunk by 75 percent.

Edited by Truth7t7

CDF47
On 6/20/2018 at 6:05 AM, Truth7t7 said:

I hate to say it but?

It's all about the pharmaceuticals and the poppy flower.

Afghanistan produces 95% 

If you do a little research, the opium production increased five fold under the US occupation, good ole "Massey Ferguson" headquartered in "Duluth Georgia" tractors in the poppy fields keeping the harvest going?

Check the link, in 2001 only 8,000 hectares were being cultivated with poppies, as the Taliban created a Holy War on all that would continue to grow, as Allah gave revelation no more poppies.

In 2002 the US entered Afghanistan, and production shot straight up to 74,000 hectacres, Afghanistan as of 2017 is cultivating 328,000 hectacres under US occupation?

The Poppy $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

UNNEWS

Afghanistan opium production jumps 87 per cent to record level – UN survey

IRIN 15 November 2017

A profoundly alarming trend in the cultivation and production of opium in Afghanistan reveals an 87 per cent production increase compared to 2016, the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) said Wednesday in its Afghanistan Opium Survey 2017.

A profoundly alarming trend in the cultivation and production of opium in Afghanistan reveals an 87 per cent production increase compared to 2016, the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) said Wednesday in its Afghanistan Opium Survey 2017.

“It is high time for the international community and Afghanistan to reprioritize drug control, and to acknowledge that every nation has a shared responsibility for this global problem,” said UNODC Executive Director Yury Fedotov.

According to the latest figures released by the Afghan Ministry of Counter Narcotics and UNODC, in addition to an 87 per cent jump to a record level of 9,000 metric tonnes in 2017, the area under opium poppy cultivation also increased to a record 328,000 hectares in 2017, up 63 per cent compared with 201,000 hectares in 2016.

Yeah, it is unreal with what has happened with opium there.

• Best Answer 1

RazeontheRock
5 hours ago, Truth7t7 said:

Pretty much a no brainer, 2001 the Taliban lowered production to 8,000 hectacres a 75% world reduction, in 2002 the US occupied Ahghanistan, seeing the production increase to 328,000 hectares under the Presently 15,000 troop occupation.

I personally have a friend that was a first wave in Afghanistan, did 5 years as a commanding field seargent, 85% of their work was disarming explosive devices in the poppy fields, so the village workers could tend the fields.

His explanation was straight forward, as they were fighting the Taliban, keeping them away from harming the production, the numbers speak for themselves.

"Beyond Shameful"!

Please reference the production chart in the UNNEWS

In 2010 the US occupation reached 100,000 troops MilitaryTimes

June of 2001 Taliban bans poppy production, October 2001 President Bush strikes Taliban forces in Ahghanistan?

If you reference the U.N. production chart, there has been a 350% increase in average production of 70,000 hectares for the past 17 years, this would equate easily to a 20 year reserve for the world opiate supply.

RFERL.ORG

Afghanistan: Analysts Ponder Why Taliban Banned Poppy Cultivation

June 14, 2001 00:00 GMT

Andrew Tully

Washington, 14 June 2001 (RFE/RL) -- Analysts specializing in Central Asia struggled with questions on June 13 about why the Taliban militia banned production of the opium poppy in most of Afghanistan.

The questions were raised at a symposium about whether the U.S. and the United Nations are enjoying any success in their drug-fighting programs in Central Asia and Afghanistan. The forum was sponsored by the Open Society Institute (OSI), a private policy research facility with offices around the world.

Much of the discussion focused on last year's decision by the Taliban, which controls most of Afghanistan, to ban the production of opium poppy. The militia announced recently that virtually all the country's growers had heeded the ban. That would mean that the source of the world's heroin has abruptly shrunk by 75 percent.

Ok so WHY? It's one thing to oppose the Taliban, and even to try to "win hearts and minds" of the locals. 

It's quite another to have POTUS deliver heartfelt and plentiful addresses re: our opiate epidemic, all the while producing a bumper crop of it. All hypocrisy is sickening, but this is extreme!

And is there any evidence of locals rising out of poverty?