SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Becky

Smart phones

Becky

John is wanting a smart phone which means i will need to learn how and about them, not him. 

His idea is we is me.. 

I dont understand the differences between talking and data.

Old eyes need large icons ..

My cell is an old LG flip from tracfone i am happy with. 

Can any 'splane' to me in English not 'Geek'  what i am even talking about? 

• Like 1

Knotical

Simply put talking means you are using your minutes.  Though, most, if not all, plans now-a-days include unlimited minutes.  Data has to do with actually connecting your phone to the internet through the cell phone network.  Each provider allows a certain amount of High Speed data, then once you use that up, which generally starts at 1 gig, your provider will reduce the speed you are able to connect to the internet (called throttling).

There are some providers that offer unlimited data, but it is not truly limited.  They just give you enough high speed data where most users will not use it up, but if you go over the set limit (mostly over 20 gigs), they will throttle the speed again.

• Like 2

Knotical

Also, as a matter of preference I like the current phone I have, which I picked up a couple months ago.  Samsung Galaxy S9.  I have had LG (G3, G4, V10, and V20) phones in the past, but they always put the power button on the back, instead of on the edge.

If he is looking for a phone that is great with taking pictures, the V30 is great.  Otherwise, he may like the S9.

As you may have surmised I have not mentioned anything by Apple.  Can't stand that company.  Even though I have an iPhone for work.

• Like 1

Innerfire89

I had an old Pantech flip phone for a long time, part of the front cover broke off so I stuck some duct tape on it, I don't remember why I stoped using it.

But data is just used for the internet. Anytime you use the internet, you use data, the amount of data or information that you is decuced from how much data you have.

The best plan and service I found is the $35.00 monthly plan from at&t, I get unlimited data, talk, and text, the phone was basically free, it comes with the service contract.

• Like 1

Becky

Internal Memory up to 16 GB (device only)

What is this? as in how many photos .  I understand different sized photos would use more space just asking for a good guess. 😀

why 32 and not 16 ? 

• Like 1

Knotical

Think of the phone like a hand held computer.  The memory is the amount of space you are able to use for storing pics, or apps (programs).  I believe my S9 came with 64 gigs of internal storage, but some phone also have a port where you can install a micro SD card, which will allow you store more stuff, if you want.

• Like 1

Becky

Another question :  Is texting data or talk? 

• Like 1

Becky
Just now, Knotical said:

Think of the phone like a hand held computer.  The memory is the amount of space you are able to use for storing pics, or apps (programs).  I believe my S9 came with 64 gigs of internal storage, but some phone also have a port where you can install a micro SD card, which will allow you store more stuff, if you want.

We wont use games or movies not even music. I wont do banking over wifi so i doubt i would use much? What do you think?

You woudl have a zillion photos with all those kids  . :classic_smile:☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

• Like 1

Knotical

It is a separate thing, though that is also usually offered with an unlimited amount.

• Like 1

Knotical
1 minute ago, Becky said:

We wont use games or movies not even music. I wont do banking over wifi so i doubt i would use much? What do you think?

So, what would it be used for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Becky

John thinks he needs to be "up to date"  He missed a text from an old buddy and believes a smart phone is the answer.  He is the head of the house even if i disagree with him 

• Like 1

Knotical
1 minute ago, Becky said:

John thinks he needs to be "up to date"  He missed a text from an old buddy and believes a smart phone is the answer.  He is the head of the house even if i disagree with him 

Well, depending on the phone he has now, it may be easier to text using a smart phone.  That doesn't mean, however, that if he is using the same service that he will get his texts any better than before.

However, with a smart phone he is able to install an app that will allow him to check email as well.

• Like 1

Becky

His very old flip phone does not text. It is so old we cant find a charger for the car.. I am understanding what you are saying.

No need for us to pay for the larger amount of memory. We do not use our cell phones for general chit chat.. I think i want a good quality phone with limited trick stuff

• Like 1

Becky

SPEED 4G LTE/Wi-Fi®

USAGE TIME Talk time up to 25 Hrs

DISPLAY 5.0'' Screen Display

STORAGE Internal Memory up to 16 GB (device only)

CAMERA 5 MP Camera

DIMENSIONS 2.76'' x 5.55'' x 0.34'' inches

• Like 1

Knotical

What kind of phone is it?

• Like 1

Becky

Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro

• Like 1

Becky
51 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

I had an old Pantech flip phone for a long time, part of the front cover broke off so I stuck some duct tape on it, I don't remember why I stoped using it.

But data is just used for the internet. Anytime you use the internet, you use data, the amount of data or information that you is decuced from how much data you have.

The best plan and service I found is the $35.00 monthly plan from at&t, I get unlimited data, talk, and text, the phone was basically free, it comes with the service contract.

I will use this info to balance what i can find against it. Thanks 

• Like 2

hanna

The dementia of my smart phone is progressing. Have to buy a new one. I think I'll by a Nokia 7.1., but I'm not sure yet.

davidtaylorjr

@Becky an iPhone is more user-friendly than the android phones (such as the Samsung) and would probably be a little easier to learn. In my experience, they are usually more stable and have better support as well.

William
Staff
On 6/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, Knotical said:

Also, as a matter of preference I like the current phone I have, which I picked up a couple months ago.  Samsung Galaxy S9.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Does everything I need in a phone. My wife has a Iphone 5 and needs to update but I've talked her into going with an Android based phone like the Samsung Galaxy.

• Confused 1

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, Becky said:

John is wanting a smart phone which means i will need to learn how and about them, not him. 

His idea is we is me.. 

I dont understand the differences between talking and data.

Old eyes need large icons ..

My cell is an old LG flip from tracfone i am happy with. 

Can any 'splane' to me in English not 'Geek'  what i am even talking about? 

YIpeeee!!!! Got the stars scared out of me today at Sams. I have had a Consumer Cellular for some years now,but thought I would up grade to a late model I Phone with all of those little gadgets I have no idea of what they are . So I selected one that looked moderately priced and after having the Sams tech say what I would be getting he told me what it would be costing me. He pointed out that with the AT&T plan the cost would be $43.50 for twenty four months . That comes out to $ 1,044.00 . That's just for the phone.  Plus another $ 54.50 a month added ,all going  to AT&T. That was just too much for me to handle ,so I asked for cheaper phones and he basically told me that they were all about the same. So after some consideration I decided to stay with my old Consume Cellular .

Heck ! I still have my bible to keep me going .....!   :- )        M

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall
  • Like 1

William
Staff
6 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

YIpeeee!!!! Got the stars scared out of me today at Sams. I have had a Consumer Cellular for some years now,but thought I would up grade to a late model I Phone with all of those little gadgets I have no idea of what they are . So I selected one that looked moderately priced and after having the Sams tech say what I would be getting he told me what it would be costing me. He pointed out that with the AT&T plan the cost would be $43.50 for twenty four months . That comes out to $ 1,044.00 . That's just for the phone.  Plus another $ 54.50 a month added ,all going  to AT&T. That was just too much for me to handle ,so I asked for cheaper phones and he basically told me that they were all about the same. So after some consideration I decided to stay with my old Consume Cellular .

Heck ! I still have my bible to keep me going .....!    M

Timing is everything when purchasing a phone. If you don't need the latest on day one consider waiting until they release the next model. Usually left over stock are sold for discounted pricing. I also have AT&T, visit their website and search the latest deals on phones. More selection exists and all the deals are listed.

Matthew A.Duvall
2 minutes ago, William said:

Timing is everything when purchasing a phone. If you don't need the latest on day one consider waiting until they release the next model. Usually left over stock are sold for discounted pricing. I also have AT&T, visit their website and search the latest deals on phones.

Actually I'm still not finished looking for a new I Phone. There are other places other than Sams. I just happened to be there when the I Phone display caught my eye. I was expecting something more affordable . And besides, so far the closest I have been to an I Phone is watching people working with them. I have to admit that it is kind of hard not keeping up with modern day technology and not want to get involved with the latest gadgets. Thanks for the advice . Sounds like something I should try out soon.

William
Staff
15 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

@Becky an iPhone is more user-friendly than the android phones (such as the Samsung) and would probably be a little easier to learn. In my experience, they are usually more stable and have better support as well.

I see that you were bewildered by my choice of phones. My main reasons for going with an Android based phone are for 1) Google Playstore 2) hardware or memory expansion 3) personalized customization.

I was wondering what I was missing having a phone a couple of years old. I checked out the newest and baddest and couldn't see a reason to update other than stumbling upon a deal this last Christmas for less than 20 bucks I added 128gb in storage by an SD card.

Being a website owner I also have seen the ugly side of Apple. They require an additional $100.00 dollars a year to license a mobile application for this website. If you're using a smart phone check out the Apple or Google app Tapatalk. Once installed search for our site "Christforums" because we utilize the Tapatalk universal application. I have elected not to personalize the site with our own mobile site app using Apple or Google. That'd be an additional hundred or so dollars a year.

Becky

@Williamthat is a ton of computer jargon.