The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Kingdom Citizen

Requesting Prayer for June 12th Primaries

On 6/13/2018 at 1:00 AM, Kingdom Citizen said:

Correction: I guess you are suggesting that the moral climate in the US is steadily decreasing (I mistakenly said "increasing"). I see no proof of increasing national moral decline. In fact the "political miracle" of the 2016 election cycle demonstrates that a reversal has occurred. There are other indicators as well.

My brother visited America 3 years ago and was in California the whole time. He sensed the place was under a curse, I trust his word on it because he is far more sensitive to spiritual things than I am.

I don't want to frighten people but I think a purification is coming, and it's a hard purification. Too few are praying and having quiet time with The Lord.

At some point purification is a greater mercy.

On 6/7/2018 at 1:05 AM, Just Mike said:

I truly am praying for the state I called home for almost 40 years, California, as well as all you who live in other states fighting against the evil one.

William Like I have said before you would be most welcome in the most beautiful green state of Missouri. I would even be willing to find enough people to help you unpack ypur moving van. Now that is a lot dear friend/

Missouri is still free of legalized smoking of drugs, and we are pretty conservative politically. Housing here is unbelievable less expensive.  A nice 4 bedroom 3 bath 3,000 sqft house can be had for about $300,000. if someone wants land a 5 acre's with a 2,000 sqft house can be found as little as $200,000. There are all knds of houses higher and lower. Missouri is a wonderful best kept secret, especially from liberals and Democrats.

There are Presbyterian churches here as well as lots of Southern Baptist.  So William come check out Missouri, once your here you won't want to leave. LOL

Is there moose hunting and fishing there, it sounds like a nice place.

Here is a report on some good news. In Missouri our governor ran on being a christian family man who was a Navy seal. He really made is support for "family values" as something he stood solidly for. He won the election. Early this year it was found out that just before he won the election he was having an adulterous relationship with hi hair dresser. The people for the most part were upset and for many felt he was just using he "family values" as a crutch to win, he really had the backing or Christians, To me my wife and prayed for him and his wife. He ended up resigning in shame and people being so disappointed in him.

But... Missouri's Lt. Governor took over and he is a genuine Christian with a proven track record of being a family man who is involved in church and is well respected. I believe Missouri still is a good state, and I pray Gods protection on her and its people.

• Like 2

Our primary in Oklahoma was held yesterday the 26th. Being mostly a red state the real races are decided in primaries, for the most part. I am still trying to get the full results from that.

in-deep-thought-smiley-emoticon.gif.d7a508a1012f2792e6117a0f5325b21b.gif

On 6/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, Matto said:

My brother visited America 3 years ago and was in California the whole time. He sensed the place was under a curse, I trust his word on it because he is far more sensitive to spiritual things than I am.

I don't want to frighten people but I think a purification is coming, and it's a hard purification. Too few are praying and having quiet time with The Lord.

At some point purification is a greater mercy.

by "purification" you are referring to trials and hardships occurring to our nation, leading to christian renewal/revival? I was thinking thinking upon a book describing the persecution and hardships of Christians in china in the 80's and 90's. where such hardship and persecution is present, there is apparently less materialistic theology being taught and more love and miracle-centered preaching. lots of motivated preaching.

Edited by Kingdom Citizen