SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Civilwarbuff

Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker

Civilwarbuff

The Supreme Court ruled Monday in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, in one of the most closely watched cases of the term. 

In a 7-2 decision, the justices set aside a Colorado court ruling against the baker -- while stopping short of deciding the broader issue of whether a business can refuse to serve gay and lesbian people. 

The narrow ruling focused on what the court described as anti-religious bias on the Colorado Civil Rights Commission when it ruled against baker Jack Phillips.

"The Commission’s hostility was inconsistent with the First Amendment’s guarantee that our laws be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion. 

www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/04/supreme-court-sides-with-colorado-baker-who-refused-to-make-wedding-cake-for-same-sex-couple.html

• Like 3

Origen
2 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

The Supreme Court ruled Monday in favor of a Colorado baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, in one of the most closely watched cases of the term. 

In a 7-2 decision, the justices set aside a Colorado court ruling against the baker -- while stopping short of deciding the broader issue of whether a business can refuse to serve gay and lesbian people. 

The narrow ruling focused on what the court described as anti-religious bias on the Colorado Civil Rights Commission when it ruled against baker Jack Phillips.

"The Commission’s hostility was inconsistent with the First Amendment’s guarantee that our laws be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in his majority opinion. 

www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/04/supreme-court-sides-with-colorado-baker-who-refused-to-make-wedding-cake-for-same-sex-couple.html

That really is good news.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented.  What a shock?  On the other the fact that Stephen Breyer and Elena Kagan went along with the majority is usual, odd, strange.

• Like 1

Becky

Very good news :classic_smile:.  Every so often i get a glimmer of hope for my country. 

2Ch_7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

• Like 4

Potluck

Supreme Court sides with Colorado baker who refused to make wedding cake for same-sex couple

Phillips has said he lost business and had to let employees go because of the controversy.

And he has maintained that it’s his choice: "It's not about turning away these customers, it's about doing a cake for an event -- a religious sacred event -- that conflicts with my conscience," he said last year.

-----------------------

Within the decision I found this interesting paragraph:

: The Commission’s actions in this case violated the Free Exercise Clause. Pp. 9–18.(a) The laws and the Constitution can, and in some instances must,protect gay persons and gay couples in the exercise of their civil rights, but religious and philosophical objections to gay marriage are protected views and in some instances protected forms of expression.
See Obergefell v. Hodges

Edited by Potluck
  • Like 4

Civilwarbuff

Todd Starnes: A win for Masterpiece Cakeshop but it ain’t over yet

Jack Phillip’s state government compared him to a Nazi and a slave owner. He was subjected to death threats and boycotts. He was called a homophobe, a bigot. His staff was ordered to undergo re-education training – all because of his devout Christian beliefs.

But after six years of relentless attacks from the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and a well-organized militant group of sex and gender revolutionaries, Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips has finally been vindicated.

The Supreme Court ruled 7-2 in favor of the Colorado baker who declined to bake a cake celebrating a same-sex marriage ceremony.

It was a high-profile case that considered a compelling question: does the government have the right to coerce a creative professional to create expression that conflicts with his or her faith and conscience?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/04/todd-starnes-win-for-masterpiece-cakeshop-but-it-ain-t-over-yet.html

• Like 3

Uncle Siggy
5 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

You don't actually think this is over do you? As long as there are Progressive judges and Homos issues like this will continue no matter what the USSC says, they never give up no matter how wrong they are... (Just ask the APA they'll tell you)...

Edited by Uncle Siggy
  • Best Answer 1

Origen
8 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

You don't actually think this is over do you?

Nope!  But I do believe it is a good sign.

• Like 2

Civilwarbuff

Supreme Court's same-sex wedding cake decision -- a significant victory for freedom

On Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of cake artist Jack Phillips, saying the Colorado Civil Rights Commission unjustly punished him when it ordered Jack to create a custom wedding cake celebrating a same-sex wedding. As the court said, “[t]he neutral and respectful consideration to which Phillips was entitled was compromised here …. The Civil Rights Commission’s treatment of his case has some elements of a clear and impermissible hostility toward the sincere religious beliefs that motivated his objection.”

By now, many Americans have heard of Colorado’s Jack Phillips; of his family business, Masterpiece Cakeshop; and of his decision not to design that custom wedding cake.

But some do not know the whole story. Jack has never refused to serve any person based on who they are or what they look like. Everyone is welcome in his shop—even the two men who sued him. In fact, he told those men that, even though he couldn’t create a custom cake to celebrate a same-sex marriage, he would be happy to sell them anything else in his shop or design a cake for them for a different occasion.

Over the years, Jack has declined to create many custom cakes because of the messages they express. If you’re looking for a ghoulish Halloween cake, a boozy bachelorette-themed dessert, or a cake celebrating a divorce—Masterpiece Cakeshop isn’t your place.

That’s because Jack has heart, convictions, and faith—in addition to talents. He isn’t a well-programmed robot but a human who believes things about God, about marriage, and about the world. Jack isn’t confrontational about his beliefs, but he wants to use his talents to convey messages or celebrate events that he thinks are good, beautiful, and true.

More here:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/04/supreme-courts-same-sex-wedding-cake-decision-significant-victory-for-freedom.html

• Like 2

Kingdom Citizen

I fought long and hard for a victory for Jack Phillips in this Colorado case, both in prayer, presenting arguments, and in encouraging other Christians to pray and believe for a victory. Thank you to all the Christians that continued to pray for a victory for this Colorado baker since it first made headlines and went before SCOTUS.

This victory serves as an important lesson in regards to those Christians erroneously claiming that we cannot win in the courts. For sure.

God's people must continue to pray for similar victories across this God given land of ours. Moving forward always in Christ and understanding what it means to be the light and Salt of the Earth. Amen.

Edited by Kingdom Citizen
  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 2

Kingdom Citizen
On 6/4/2018 at 1:52 PM, Uncle Siggy said:

... they never give up...

Nether do bible-believing, committed, active, praying Christians. Onward and forward, Christian soldiers!

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you (Mat 17:20).   

Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2Co 2:14). 

• Like 2

Kingdom Citizen

This would have never come before SCOTUS if governments had not misinterpreted "Sex" in Title VII and stripped private employers of certain God endowed Rights. This misinterpretation has obviously caused great difficulty and has left SCOTUS apparently unable to reconcile the presumptions supporting that disastrous misinterpretation with Freedom of Speech/Liberty of Conscious.

We must pray for a reversal of that misinterpretation. SCOTUS has before completely reversed its own prior ruling; it can do so again. Such might only occur with the timely replacement Justices. We must keep praying that God Almighty will guide Trump and Congress in selecting and installing God-fearing, God-lead, and knowledgeable Justices as opportunity allows.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Uncle Siggy
Kingdom Citizen
5 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Philip's defense specifically argued on the grounds of religious conviction, freedom of speech and artistic expression. And as the OP mentions, the court did refer to Colorado acting hostile to religion in this case, so in fact, Philip's victory is effectively a victory for the 1st amendment and freedom of religion.

I believe there is a similar case in So Cal. that might make its way to the feds since the business owner there won at the state level. 

At a minimum this Colorado victory will give pause to states that consider challenging business owners on identical grounds. The judiciary element that has profoundly misinterpreted law is being forced to look in the mirror. We have a changed and changing judiciary thanks to praying, active Christians and the Trump administration. So in my opinion it is all still positive. Further positive change is coming.

• Like 3

RazeontheRock
On 6/5/2018 at 6:38 PM, Kingdom Citizen said:

I fought long and hard for a victory for Jack Phillips in this Colorado case, both in prayer, presenting arguments, and in encouraging other Christians to pray and believe for a victory. Thank you to all the Christians that continued to pray for a victory for this Colorado baker since it first made headlines and went before SCOTUS.

This victory serves as an important lesson in regards to those Christians erroneously claiming that we cannot win in the courts. For sure.

God's people must continue to pray for similar victories across this God given land of ours. Moving forward always in Christ and understanding what it means to be the light and Salt of the Earth. Amen.

Thank you! I am curious about what you mean by presenting arguments, are you a lawyer or witness in this case?

Uncle Siggy
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Kingdom Citizen said:

At a minimum this Colorado victory will give pause to states that consider challenging business owners on identical grounds.

Not as an intimidation weapon it won't, most small businesses don't have that kind of money for legal fees, what did he spend 500K or so???

And will the baker ever be reimbursed for his troubles fighting this in court??? Doubtful, so yes this will continue to happen as long as their are Progressive judges/lawyers/states and homos...

I'm not trying to be a buzz kill I'm just saying this will continue because they never give up and will never go away, and there will always be someone giving them money to pursue their agenda in the court systems...