SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Vivian

Why doesn’t the Lord listen to our prayer?

Vivian

Prayer is a way for us Christians to maintain a proper relationship with God, especially prayers in the morning and at night. Although Brother Zhang insisted on praying every day, he still felt the Lord didn’t listen to his prayer, and he even couldn’t feel His presence. When he posted this feeling on the Internet, it aroused an echo among many brothers and sisters.

To prove Brother Zhang’s words were true, some brothers and sisters also opened their hearts, saying that although each time they said many words to God when they prayed, it was just like they were speaking to themselves or talking to the air. And they obviously felt the Lord didn’t listen to their prayers. Thus they doubted whether they have been abandoned by the Lord.

Why doesn’t the Lord listen to our prayer? The reasons are as follows:

Reason 1: We don’t pray to the Lord with our true heart but treat Him as a fool and deceive Him.

The Lord Jesus said, “when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him” (Jhn 4:23). However, we usually don’t quiet our heart before the Lord and don’t use our hearts to pray to Him. Sometimes our lips seem to move, but our hearts are upset, filled with household matters and our jobs; sometimes we only move our lips but don’t stir our hearts, going through the motions to speak some words without a sincere attitude; we often make great empty talks with inaccurate words. For example, our love for our parents and careers exceeds our love to the Lord. Nevertheless, we pray, “God, I love You!” When we encounter something in our families, we are negative and complain to the Lord, but we thank the Lord and praise Him in prayers. If we don’t pray to God with sincere heart but make great and empty talks and say some words which are contrary to our own convictions to God, then we are going through the motions and cheating the Lord. He will not listen to this kind of prayers at all.

Reason 2: We pray to God with wrong intentions and aims, and often ask Him for blessings without obedience.

Most of the time, it seems that we are praying to God in an honest way, but we are often making demands of Him: those with no jobs ask for a job; those with no children ask for a child; we ask God to have our diseases healed or deal with our issues at home; businessmen pray for earning more money; students pray to God to bless them with intelligence and wisdom; the young pray for a good job, while the old for the absence of disease or misfortune and spending the rest of their days in peace. When in peace, we pray to thank and praise the Lord with a desire of asking Him to protect us forever; when in tribulations and trials, we disobey God’s orchestrations and arrangements, wanting Him to take away the bitter cup. Also we stand in a wrong place to make demands on God and hope He can do everything according to our will. As a result, the more we pray in this way, the further we stray from God, for this kind of prayer is making a deal with God and there is no true faith or true love for God in it. We are making use of Him to achieve our own objectives. Just as the Lord said, “This people draws near to me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me” (Mat 15:8). God will never listen to this kind of prayer.

Reason 3: There is no work of the Holy Spirit in the church, so the Lord doesn’t listen to our prayers.

This is the most important reason. At the beginning of the Age of Law, there was the work of the Holy Spirit in the temple. Anyone who sinned would get the discipline of the Holy Spirit, and when the priests who served God violated the law, they would be burned by the fire from heaven. Thus people at that time feared God and had a heart that revered God. Yet when it came to the later period of the Age of Law and when the Lord Jesus began to do His work, the Jewish people at that time exchanged money and sold oxen, sheep and doves within the temple. They changed the temple into a den of thieves but didn’t receive the discipline of the Holy Spirit. At that time, the Holy Spirit had left the temple and the Lord Jesus began to do His work. So even if people kept the laws in the temple or prayed in the name of Jehovah God, they couldn’t gain the work of the Holy Spirit. The temple that was once used to serve Jehovah God had completely become a religious venue.

Let’s have a look at our church, is there any difference between the situation of our church and that in the latter days of the Age of Law? From the outside, although we persist in gathering and praying more often for the revival of the church, our sermons have no new light and believers can’t get true supply; though we read the Bible and pray every day, we only know the letters without understanding the spirit of the Lord’s words; we perceive the withering and darkness of the spirit and can’t feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. What’s more, we cling to eating, drinking, pleasures, and status and power. Co-workers struggle and fight against each other, committing sins continuously without receiving the discipline of the Holy Spirit. When we are overcome by transgressions, we do not feel indebted to God, just like unbelievers. It is obvious that there isn’t the work of the Holy Spirit in our church.3-Tips-To-Get-Your-Prayers-Answered.jpg.d69581376cbb55b6c06b516532e8ec3a.jpg

Edited by Vivian

theophilus

How can you know if God isn't listening?  He doesn't always act right away but that doesn't mean he is ignoring us.  Sometimes I have prayed for something for a long time and wondered if God was listening and then when I wasn't expecting it he answered my prayer.  

Fastfredy0

1 John 5:14  "If we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us".  God's will is immutable, and cannot be altered by our crying.  If a believer prays in faith and asks for those things which are according to God's will he will most certainly obtain that for which he has asked.  

Luke 22:42 “Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done.”

• Love 1

larry2
3 hours ago, Vivian said:

Why doesn’t the Lord listen to our prayer?

Hi Sister Vivian. Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 

Heb 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. 

How might this work?

2Co 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 
2Co 12:8  For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 
2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong

And then despite this Paul saidin 1 Cor 11:1,  1Co 11:1  Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 

Many of us will do things wrong according to our own thinking, be weak in faith in others, but I read isomething in the following scripture that always brings me to reality., and God never fails to love us. He know our weakness, and our strength, never fails us and receives us.

Rom 14:2  For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 
Rom 14:3  Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 
Rom 14:2  For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 
Rom 14:3  Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him
Blessings in Christ Jesus.  :classic_smile:

Origen

Hey folks notice she refers to a Brother Zhang.  This post is nothing more than propaganda from Eastern Lightning cult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Lightning

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 2

ConfessionalLutheran
9 minutes ago, Origen said:

Hey folks notice she refers to a Brother Zhang.  This post nothing more than propaganda from Eastern Lightning cult.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Lightning

Good call, @Origen. The idea that God doesn't listen to prayer is at least highly offensive.

• Like 2

Becky

These ladies tend to come in batches. I believe we have another, who has not yet totally declared herself.

• Like 2

Origen
17 minutes ago, Becky said:

These ladies tend to come in batches. I believe we have another, who has not yet totally declared herself.

I do believe you are right.

• Like 2

larry2
1 hour ago, ConfessionalLutheran said:

The idea that God doesn't listen to prayer is at least highly offensive.

Maybe that's why King Saul sought the witch at Endor?  1 Sam 28:6-7.

Maybe Eastern Lightening has been around longer than we realized.  :classic_sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

th1bill

I was going to explain to her that YHWH is not patterned after us and that there is nothing He does not hear but I see the Mods were up before I was.  Perhaps she will, actually read the scriptures for herself and eek to understand and desire our personal relationship with Him.

• Like 4

Just Mike

I can't recall a single prayer that God has ever failed me to answer, in my almost 73 years of living. NOT ONE! 

• Like 2

Fastfredy0
8 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

I can't recall a single prayer that God has ever failed me to answer, in my almost 73 years of living. NOT ONE! 

I'm curious, how do you define "God answered my prayer"?

Just Mike

Good answers all of His Followers prayers. It may be the answers on the way or might be sometime later. It can also be "this is not My will" or even yes. God has many ways to answer prayers.

I have lived a very sickly life, near death several times. I have learned to ask God to please put me where you want me, or should I say "In the center of your will". This might seem strange, but I truly believe God answers all our prayers. I have known that God has waited  several years to answer my request, and it isn't always the way I expected. I completely trust Gods will for my life, now that does not mean I have always agreed with it, there have been times I regretted not following His will, and I was not blessed and how sad it turned out. I honestly believe a part of becoming mature in Jesus Christ is trusting that each and every prayer gets answered.

Does this answer your question?

Fastfredy0
7 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

Does this answer your question?

Yes.  Your annotations were delightful.

• Like 1