SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Placable37

Favourite Signposts Of Typology

Placable37

Mephibosheth - as a type of sinner protected by a covenant - is one of my favourites. 

2Sa 4:4
(4)  And Jonathan, Saul's son, had a son that was lame of his feet. He was five years old when the tidings came of Saul and Jonathan out of Jezreel, and his nurse took him up, and fled: and it came to pass, as she made haste to flee, that he fell, and became lame. And his name was Mephibosheth.

The name Mephibosheth means "dispeller of shame" (that is, of Baal)

Types are always characterised by their history, and their correspondence:

There was a covenant history between David and Jonathan which affected Jonathan's crippled son in a way that corresponds to the way sinners are affected by their covenant with God which Jesus confirmed in the New Testament: 

1Sa 20:42

(42)  And Jonathan said to David, Go in peace, forasmuch as we have sworn both of us in the name of the LORD, saying, The LORD be between me and thee, and between my seed and thy seed for ever. And he arose and departed: and Jonathan went into the city.
Mat 26:26-29
(26)  And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
(27)  And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
(28)  For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
(29)  But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Types are also always characterised by their predictiveness:

The kindness of David in his search for those who are the object of his promise is predictive of God's initiative in seeking out those who are lost in sin. 

2Sa 9:1
(1)  And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan's sake?
Luk 19:9-10
(9)  And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
(10)  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

The restoration of Mephibosheth to his inheritance and his promotion to the king's table is predictive of the sinner's restoration to eternal life and communion with God.

2Sa 9:2-7
(2)  And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David, the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he.
(3)  And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.
(4)  And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.
(5)  Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, from Lodebar.
(6)  Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!
(7)  And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.

1Pe 1:3-5
(3)  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(4)  to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you,
(5)  who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Rev 19:9
(9)  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

The typology of the Mephibosheth story is but one of my favourite signposts, and I know of people who have been much edified by coming across such types which point to the fulfilment of God's Word.