SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Bellerose98

If I reject God and don’t want Him, what will I regret about it?

Bellerose98

Didn’t a Christian say that the unregenerate heart doesn’t want God or Heaven? So what will they regret?

William
Staff
31 minutes ago, Bellerose98 said:

Didn’t a Christian say that the unregenerate heart doesn’t want God or Heaven? So what will they regret?

What does Scripture say? And what makes you think the reprobate will later regret anything? For example, if God hands you over to a reprobate mind will you not be satisfied living out impure lusts of your heart?

William
Staff

A person cannot see, enter heaven nor draw near to the object of faith (Jesus Christ) without regeneration. In other words, God must positively intervene in your life replacing your heart with a heart after Him. God intervenes in the lives of His elect and passes over the reprobate which are vessels created for dishonorable use. A born again believer cannot live a satisfactory life apart from God. They are drawn to God by grace.

Placable37
11 hours ago, Bellerose98 said:

I quite like what this author has written at http://riversofmeaning.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-lifejacket.html

THE LIFEJACKET by Michael Coldham-Fussell

"A useful analogy is that of many shipwrecked people sinking in a sea of sin.
Lifejackets are available for each and every one of them.
If they all accept the need to put on a lifejacket now, they are closer to salvation, but not as yet eternally saved.
The lifejackets will fit anyone who truly desires to be free of the sin that they are sinking in.
All those who put on the lifejacket are assured that it will always save the wearer from sinking in the sea of sin.

But only those who keep the lifejacket on until they reach the Promised Land are eternally saved.
Those who wear the lifejacket for a while but take it off before they reach the Promised Land begin sinking again.
If those who have taken their lifejacket off reject and discard it, with no hope of wearing it again, they are eternally lost.
Guess who the Lifejacket is!"

Gal 3:27
(27)  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Job 29:14
(14)  I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
Rom 13:14
(14)  But put you on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Edited by Placable37

William
Staff
On 6/2/2018 at 8:45 PM, Placable37 said:

I quite like what this author has written at http://riversofmeaning.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-lifejacket.html

THE LIFEJACKET by Michael Coldham-Fussell

"A useful analogy is that of many shipwrecked people sinking in a sea of sin.
Lifejackets are available for each and every one of them.
If they all accept the need to put on a lifejacket now, they are closer to salvation, but not as yet eternally saved.
The lifejackets will fit anyone who truly desires to be free of the sin that they are sinking in.
All those who put on the lifejacket are assured that it will always save the wearer from sinking in the sea of sin.

But only those who keep the lifejacket on until they reach the Promised Land are eternally saved.
Those who wear the lifejacket for a while but take it off before they reach the Promised Land begin sinking again.
If those who have taken their lifejacket off reject and discard it, with no hope of wearing it again, they are eternally lost.
Guess who the Lifejacket is!"

Gal 3:27
(27)  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Job 29:14
(14)  I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem.
Rom 13:14
(14)  But put you on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

That analogy is written by a Synergist. It conveys that someone may perform works or actions in order to save oneself (putting on a life vest). Ephesians 2:5 states that man is dead in sin and trespasses. That is his natural condition. In other words, man is unable to do anything let alone perform an action to save himself. He is a corpse floating at the bottom of the sea. God must intervene by raising man's dead corpse from the bottom of the sea and breathing new life into it.

• Synergist (Catholics and Arminians) believe faith precedes regeneration.
  • Monergist (Protestants) believe regeneration precedes faith.

1808045195_Regenerationprecedesfaith.jpg.b0612c599ca998ae72f4d1f8e640ebbb.jpg

All of salvation from beginning to end is of God alone. The natural man is unwilling to cooperate with God, being hostile and at enmity against Him. Regeneration must occur first, thus the timing in Ephesians 2:5, which precedes faith. God enables faith in the regenerate, and the regenerate simply act upon this faith.

• Pelagians believe the natural man is good and only in need of a teacher.
  • Arminians believe the natural man is simply sick and in need of a doctor.
  • Monergist and/or Calvinist believe the natural man is dead and in need of the Savior God.

Only one of the above conveys Ephesians chapter 2 with emphasis on Ephesians 2:5. Pelagians and Arminians are Synergist which hold to the necessary cooperation between man and God in order for Salvation to occur, while Monergist give all glory to God alone for Salvation (Soli Deo Gloria).

God bless,

William

• Like 3

Placable37

Those pesky Synergists...they interpret Scriptures to avoid accusing God of being unfair in who He lets drown!

William
Staff
On 6/4/2018 at 3:10 PM, Placable37 said:

Those pesky Synergists...they interpret Scriptures to avoid accusing God of being unfair in who He lets drown!

People often err because they try to defend God rather than allowing Scripture to speak on His behalf.

God bless,

William

• Like 2