Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Bellerose98

Why is God against me indulging in homosexuality?

Recommended Posts

I know I have the choice to indulge in SSA or not, so I make the choice to do it. I pick up other girls and fool around with them regularly. I do it because sex with another woman feels amazing. I want sex so I do it. I love it and enjoy it.

 

As I said before, I could easily choose not to act on these feelings, but I do it anyway. Because I can. And I don’t want to stop doing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it is an abomination as the Creator stated.  He did not design man to be with man and women to be with woman.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
3 hours ago, CDF47 said:

Because it is an abomination as the Creator stated.  He did not design man to be with man and women to be with woman.  

Has God's design spun out of control? Or has God abandoned or gave up some to the lusts of their hearts, to impurities, and to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves through dishonorable passions?

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been down that road of sexual sin (although not the same kind as yours), but it will eventually lead to destruction. I realized that if I were to die the next second after death all the "fun and enjoyment" I had would all be over (Hebrews 11:25) and it wouldn't be worth being cast into the lake of fire because of it. It would be sheer and unimaginable horror (Psalm 11:6).

 Please repent and embrace the Lord Jesus while there is still time (Psalm 144:4).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With what you have told us, is there something you want, or was this simply for shock value? I am pretty sure you already know that God never intended recreational sex to take the place of a life long enjoyable sex life with a wife, who by the way enjoys sex as much as you do. Except with a wife you both enjoy sex to the fullest possible for all your lives. 

 

Sex bonds a person with the other, this especially true for the woman, and each time she and you are with someone else you give a part of your soul. God never intended this kind of perversion, with the very real possibility of std's and all these painful physical issues, let alone a baby being created out of your sexual pleasure. What do you do if a woman you have been with says she is w pregnant . Abortion is murder according to God almighty don't you know.

 

I am very close to a man who has full blown AIDS and he is dying. This is a very sad ending for his homosexuality. I know there are treatments now, but that is not always a good bet it will help you.

 

If you have ever considered how you will die, I doubt you have servously thought about all the risks you are betting against in a same sex relationship. Anal sex is the most filthy disgusting thing, and directly is forbidden by God. In OLD Testament times it was punishment for homosexuality was death. We of course are no longer there, but you will face God Almighty and when that happens there is no hope for you, Hell with be where you will spend eternity.

 

But its not too late, God does love you dear man. Jesus Christ died to save you and me from our sins. I would like to tell you more about this as well as several others if you are interested. I will never push you into Jesus Christ, but He is ready to save you if you are wanting more information.

 

If you are interested to know how to be saved from your sinful life, we would be pleased to share that with you, just ask.

 

I am glad you dropped in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, William said:

Has God's design spun out of control? Or has God abandoned or gave up some to the lusts of their hearts, to impurities, and to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves through dishonorable passions?

 

God bless,

William

I believe God gave up some to the lusts of their hearts, to impurities, and to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves.  Good question though.

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God created marriage to serve two purposes.  One is that children will grow up being nurtured and cared for by their biological parents.

 

Of course some marriages don't produce children but the other reason applies of all of them.  He meant for marriage to be a picture of the relationship between God and his followers.  In the Old Testament Israel was called the wife of God.  In the New Testement the Church is called the bride of Christ.

 

Since God also allowes sexual activity only within marriage, there is no way two people of the same sex can engage in sex without offending God.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
On 6/4/2018 at 7:05 AM, theophilus said:

God created marriage to serve two purposes.  One is that children will grow up being nurtured and cared for by their biological parents.

 

Of course some marriages don't produce children but the other reason applies of all of them.  He meant for marriage to be a picture of the relationship between God and his followers.  In the Old Testament Israel was called the wife of God.  In the New Testement the Church is called the bride of Christ.

 

Since God also allowes sexual activity only within marriage, there is no way two people of the same sex can engage in sex without offending God.

God bless,

William

  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 6:51 AM, Bellerose98 said:

As I said before, I could easily choose not to act on these feelings, but I do it anyway. Because I can. And I don’t want to stop doing it. 

So do it.

 

My brother once told me about the married woman that he was in love with and wanted to leave his wife and children to be with her and raise the child he fathered by her.

"Doesn't God want me to be happy?" were his exact words to me.  I'll give you the exact same answer that I gave my brother. 

 

Stay with your wife, or leave her.  Live with this other woman or don't.  It just doesn't matter.  However, whatever choice you make, don't expect a happy ending.  Everything will continue to turn out crap no matter what choice you make. You are attempting to fix the wrong problem.  The problem isn't your relationship with your wife or your relationship with this other man's wife.  Your problem is between you and God.  Until you start to get serious with God, nothing else will work out or really matter. ... And to answer your original question, God is big on marriage and hates divorce.  Don't doubt for a moment that God can fix what's broken between you and your wife; once you get right with Him.

 

When my brother was murdered, people came forward at his funeral to speak of how he had helped them save their marriages with his advice.  It was strange to hear the words that I had spoken to him being quoted by strangers.

So when you are ready to really get serious about following Jesus and loving God, God is eagerly waiting.  Until then, if you want to sin, then sin, but expect everything to continue to end up crap.

 

  • [Luke 15:20 NASB] 20 "So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion [for him,] and ran and embraced him and kissed him.
Edited by atpollard
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, atpollard said:

So do it.

 

My brother once told me about the married woman that he was in love with and wanted to leave his wife and children to be with her and raise the child he fathered by her.

"Doesn't God want me to be happy?" were his exact words to me.  I'll give you the exact same answer that I gave my brother. 

 

Stay with your wife, or leave her.  Live with this other woman or don't.  It just doesn't matter.  However, whatever choice you make, don't expect a happy ending.  Everything will continue to turn out crap no matter what choice you make. You are attempting to fix the wrong problem.  The problem isn't your relationship with your wife or your relationship with this other man's wife.  Your problem is between you and God.  Until you start to get serious with God, nothing else will work out or really matter. ... And to answer your original question, God is big on marriage and hates divorce.  Don't doubt for a moment that God can fix what's broken between you and your wife; once you get right with Him.

 

When my brother was murdered, people came forward at his funeral to speak of how he had helped them save their marriages with his advice.  It was strange to hear the words that I had spoken to him being quoted by strangers.

So when you are ready to really get serious about following Jesus and loving God, God is eagerly waiting.  Until then, if you want to sin, then sin, but expect everything to continue to end up crap.

 

  • [Luke 15:20 NASB] 20 "So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion [for him,] and ran and embraced him and kissed him.

Thanks for sharing that. Many people get their life so messed up its almost impossible to untangle it. Its true there are times when a person is so in sin no matter which way they are going to wind up smelling like crap. But even then God is able to clean us up. But not by water....but with His Blood he shed on that Bloody Cross. Each and everyone of us has been "washed in the Blood". Unless we have been washed in the Blood we are not saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
On 6/2/2018 at 3:51 AM, Bellerose98 said:

I know I have the choice to indulge in SSA or not, so I make the choice to do it. I pick up other girls and fool around with them regularly. I do it because sex with another woman feels amazing. I want sex so I do it. I love it and enjoy it.

 

As I said before, I could easily choose not to act on these feelings, but I do it anyway. Because I can. And I don’t want to stop doing it. 

Do you believe God exists?

 

And if no, you have no business being on this site. We do not provide service to atheist, LGBT~Q, or any other agenda which promotes depravity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:51 AM, Bellerose98 said:

I know I have the choice to indulge in SSA or not, so I make the choice to do it. I pick up other girls and fool around with them regularly. I do it because sex with another woman feels amazing. I want sex so I do it. I love it and enjoy it.

 

As I said before, I could easily choose not to act on these feelings, but I do it anyway. Because I can. And I don’t want to stop doing it. 

It's your choice, but it won't meet with approval by traditional Christians because it's contrary to God's established order https://www.lcms.org/about/beliefs/faqs/lcms-views#homosexuality.

 

It's just as disordered as chronically lying, cheating on a spouse, putting oneself before God, murdering somebody for any reason ( whether in or out of the womb), or setting up idols to take the Lord's place as God.

 

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Topics

    • Jesus refers to the Father as "my God" (John 20:17; Revelation 3:12)

      John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’” (NASB)  Some who deny the Lord Jesus is God will cite John 20:17[*1] and affirm that the Lord Jesus can not be God because He referred to the Father as "My God." However, Thomas also referred to the Lord Jesus as "my God" in John 20:28 which demonstrates that the Lord Jesus is God. 

      in Arianism

    • Hi! God is good all the time

      New arrival here. I seek community in Christ on-line because my life is a bit of a chaotic mess now. So I hope to make genuine on-line friends and discuss scripture and our precious Lord and his love for us among like minded sisters and brothers.    Very privileged to make your acquaintance.      2~Christ B the Glory,  Avian

      in Welcome Mat

    • John 3:16 and Man’s Ability to Choose God

      by R.C. Sproul   It is ironic that in the same chapter, indeed in the same context, in which our Lord teaches the utter necessity of rebirth to even see the kingdom, let alone choose it, non-Reformed views find one of their main proof texts to argue that fallen man retains a small island of ability to choose Christ. It is John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”   What does this

      in Bible Study

    • CNN: 'God Allowed The Mueller Report To Test Our Unshakable Faith In Collusion'

      ATLANTA, GA—Anchors at CNN headquarters have made a bold statement of unwavering faith after the Mueller Report revealed no actual evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. "We believe in collusion with all our hearts and will never let the world's teachings get in the way of that," said Jim Acosta while mumbling mantras quietly in a room misty with burning incense. The post CNN: 'God Allowed The Mueller Report To Test Our Unshakable Faith In Collusion' appeared first on The

      in Christian Satire

    • Praise to God , Report from Just Mike

      God has once again showed me more Grace and Mercy. The cancer is an extension of my prostrate cancer. Its treatable and no surgery is needed. This is the very best possible out come.   It seems I keep thanking you all for your faithful prayers, and I do deeply cherish your prayers on my behalf.   God bless you for being my brothers and sisters in Christ.   His Follower,   Just Mike.

      in Prayer Wall

×
×
  • Create New...