SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
larry2

Eternal Life / Incorruptible

larry2

1Jn 5:11  And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

1Jn 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know (*) that ye have eternal life,

(*I reckon I could have used the Greek word eidō for those liking to use that form of communication, but decided against it as seemingly having no better manner of affecting our understanding of what it is to know.)

But Wait!!! Is eternal life, and incorruptibility two different things?

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, (Wasn’t I changed back when I was caught up unto God?)

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

(Are there really trumps preceding this last trump?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkttgfPBNnA

Ransol

A Trump and a trumpet are not the same thing.  A Trump is the sound a trumpet makes, it can also be a shout of a voice.

I don't get the question.  Is it a trick question?  We do have eternal life, and we will put on incoruption, but they are not the same thing. The incorruptible that Paul spoke of is the body, the flesh.  Those who are dead in Christ still have not yet put that on.  They are waiting like we are, only with more patience I'm sure.

• Toast 1

larry2
15 hours ago, Ransol said:

A Trump and a trumpet are not the same thing.  A Trump is the sound a trumpet makes, it can also be a shout of a voice.

I don't get the question.  Is it a trick question?  We do have eternal life, and we will put on incoruption, but they are not the same thing. The incorruptible that Paul spoke of is the body, the flesh.  Those who are dead in Christ still have not yet put that on.  They are waiting like we are, only with more patience I'm sure.

Hi Brother Ransol, and thanks for your reply. I may have worded what I was trying to say not clearly; it wasn't meant to be a trick question.  :classic_smile:

Below is an excerpt of Lessons in Corinthians BY A. S. COPLEY

“This corruptible and this mortal” of verse 1 Cor 15:54 includes believers on earth during the millennium, at the end of which, “death is swallowed up in victory.” Compare Isa 65:20 with 25:8. The triumphant question of verse 1 Cor 15:55 (Hos. 13:14) cannot be sounded out till the last trumpet sound has died away in eternal victory. When there is actually no more sin, there will be no more death. “But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory thru our Lord Jesus Christ.”

“The Apostle is not teaching by this verse that we now have immortal bodies, which some people erroneously call eternal life. He means to teach that we now have victory over sin in the flesh and the effect of sin in our bodies. Immortality comes with the advent of Jesus from heaven, and not till then. We are amazed that any one claims to have incorruption as long as he has weak eyes and deaf ears and wrinkles on the face and white hair on the head and is compelled to eat and sleep and is subject to sickness and death like other people. Beware of those. Our bodies are “earthen vessels,” from which we “groan to be delivered,” that we may be “clothed with our house (glorified body) from heaven” - 2 Cor 5:2. We now have bodies of humiliation till then. We are amazed that any one claims to have incorruption as long as he has weak eyes and deaf ears and advent of Jesus from heaven, and not our bodies. Immortality comes with the after Jesus comes, we will have bodies of glory - Php 3:20.”

Back to my thoughts of this.

There will be believers in the millennium. The body as a whole will not be incorruptible until the very last one of the first resurrection is raised incorruptible, and that will be at the last trump. (all the dead are the second resurrection)

1Co 15:51  Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Co 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Ransol

Ever lasting life, is ours now.  We pass from death to life,  not our physical bodies, however.  Our physical bodies,  our flesh, counts for nothing.  

Our flesh is NOT the real "us."  But it is the flesh that most Christians are focusing on.  

Those that Paul called, "dead in Christ, " are not dead, their bodies are, but their bodies count for nothing.  There is no RESURRECTION OF THE saints.  Saints have already been crucified with Him and HAVE BEEN buried with Him and HAVE BEEN resurrected with Him.     We will not be resurrected we will be transformed--corruptible to I corruptible.  That's what we are waiting for.

The first and second resurrection mentioned in Revelation 20, is not including the church.  The Church is not dead.  

theophilus
On 6/8/2018 at 12:41 PM, Ransol said:

A Trump and a trumpet are not the same thing.

You shouldn't have capitalized the word trump.  It sounds as if you are talking about the president.  :classic_biggrin:

Sue D.

We are now living in a temporary world.  It's very real.  People accept or reject Christ in this "here and now" world. 

Eternal life will be 'eternal / lasting forever' in the future.  Eventually - as Revelation tells us -- the New Jerusalem will be brought down from heaven by God.  

The "physical' us is what is seen first by people.   And it has been said that the 'eye's / face  of a person are the 'window' to the soul.   Our inner person is reflected in our actions/ words. 

The Church is made up of people -- the body of believers in Christ. 

Well -- we Will receive a glorified body when we are with Christ. 

Becky

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

What is the tense of this verse to you guys thinking? 

• Best Answer 1

Sue D.
3 hours ago, Becky said:

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 

What is the tense of this verse to you guys thinking? 

The tense is present -- but what are you thinking it is saying?  

Becky

Compare the tense to this post 

6 hours ago, Sue D. said:

We are now living in a temporary world.  It's very real.  People accept or reject Christ in this "here and now" world. 

Eternal life will be 'eternal / lasting forever' in the future.  Eventually - as Revelation tells us -- the New Jerusalem will be brought down from heaven by God.  

The "physical' us is what is seen first by people.   And it has been said that the 'eye's / face  of a person are the 'window' to the soul.   Our inner person is reflected in our actions/ words. 

The Church is made up of people -- the body of believers in Christ. 

Well -- we Will receive a glorified body when we are with Christ. 

I agree it is present 

Hitch

Still amazes me that some folks still hold to the idea of giant cubical city  floating above the earth. 

Being a 'fool for  Christ' means we adhere to the doctrine of his bodily resurrection  having never seen such or know any witness to it.  It does not mean we put our minds away when we open the  Book.

Hitch
On 6/9/2018 at 9:07 AM, Ransol said:

The first and second resurrection mentioned in Revelation 20, is not including the church.  The Church is not dead.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:07 AM, Ransol said:

Ever lasting life, is ours now.  We pass from death to life,  not our physical bodies, however.  Our physical bodies,  our flesh, counts for nothing.  

Seems you've missed an important point.  Namely our beginning point, death.   Your line  The Church is not dead.  is a half truth, the church in its entirety was dead ,but is now free from the  Second Death, t in the royal priesthood and  reigning in life through  Christ.  This is the theme  of  R 20.

theophilus
13 hours ago, Hitch said:

Still amazes me that some folks still hold to the idea of giant cubical city  floating above the earth. 

The new Jerusalem isn't necessarily a cube.  It could be shaped like a pyramid.  The fact that there will be a wall around it supports this idea.  If it were a cube the whole side would be a wall.

Hitch
7 hours ago, theophilus said:

The new Jerusalem isn't necessarily a cube.  It could be shaped like a pyramid.  The fact that there will be a wall around it supports this idea.  If it were a cube the whole side would be a wall.

LMAO:
And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.