SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
th1bill

Walking With God?

th1bill

Matt. 6:24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth.

Today, likely as always, there are to many two faced Christians in the Churches and on the web. Jesus came to call out a people to worship the Father and for no other reason. God created man to fellowship we find this is the Creation Story when God walked in the cool of the evening with Adam. This one thing is also what Jesus came to restore.

But we are not Adam, we wear clothes, shoes and some of us wear hats today. But just as Adam was available to God any day at any time, so must we be. God has not, anywhere in the sixty-six books that compose the Bible, called us to worship Him, just one day a week. Mark 12:30 "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength." Today the Worship Services today are filled with folks calling the name of the Christ for their own that believe in and promote abortion, theft, robbery, breaking and entering and anything up to and including rape and murder, just as long as you go to Church on Sunday.

That is not Christianity, that is religion and Jesus did not come to set one more religion into place, He came to die for the sins I and you have committed, to pay the debt we owe God that we will be allowed to stand right there, at the foot of God’s Throne without the fear of our transgressions. Today and from the time just after Jesus rose into Heaven, the true Christian is filled with the Holy Spirit.

This is not an option, it is a fact and no Holy Spirit to walk you through this life and you are not saved, period! In 1Thes 5:19 we see that we can quench the Spirit because as followers of God, that Spirit is part of the package that comes with salvation but I can tell you, you do not want to do that, it does not please the Father and it is a frightful thing to find oneself in the hands of an angry God.

Once you are saved, God goes everywhere you go and you must remember that. If you go to a bar, God is there with you. If you go to the XXX Movies, God is there with you. When you love your kids and your wife, God is there with you. Everything you do, say, or think, God is there with you. When I walked out of the World, I walked out on all of it and I do my best never to forget who it is that is guiding me on this journey.

Do you?

• Like 1

deade

I liked this post. I agree we can't say we are in Christ while we are acting like the world. Matt. 6:24 is a trust issue. If you serve mammon, your are trusting your bank account/retirement/Social Security whatever is your supplier. Should that all disappear, we would be better off trusting God. Such is easy to say but hard to practice. Remember, God had crows to take Elijah food. Just saying.

7055.gif

• Best Answer 1

th1bill

One of my most cherished, sounds strange to hear a man that was once a Killer Spade speak words like cherish, doesn't it?  One of my most cherished recollections is my wife being home when I got home from a trip.  After supper she informed me she had been forced onto SSD by her job.  She brought home almost twice my income driving a truck, it caused me concern and we prayed.

She had just paid off our land and the house, that was good.  But about three years later, my right arm and leg had withered to a point that was ridiculous and pulling the switch to dump the Brake Air, I threw open the door and as soon as my right leg touched the step it threw me to the pavement.  I was forced onto SSD.

When I arrived in South Vietnam in '66 a salesman sold me an investment plan with AARP and I gave him fifty dollars and never did get the Allotment filled out.  We were strapped and a thousand dollar pledge to YHWH needed to be fulfilled when a letter to verify I was the right W. Taylor because they had $995 in an account they had killed because of inactivity and needed to disburse it.

My wife is  coming with strawberries, later.