SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Bull of the Woods

How Tennessee Was Built as taught by Donald Trump

Bull of the Woods

I watched a rally held by the President in Nashville yesterday evening.

Towards the end he described the early history of the now state of Tennessee. The settlers carving out farms, subduing the wilderness. The heroic Davy Crockett. The great President Andrew Jackson. Apparently it happened without the toil of slaves because none were mentioned.

Does he not grasp how much the back baking work of slaves was relied upon by this country?

Or did he choose to set it aside?

I can't imagine giving the shortest history survey of our country's development that fails to address the slaves and slavery.

I was looking for a transcript and hope one is available soon.

Uncle Siggy

Slavery was predominate in that area (used to be part of N. Carolina and that land was ceded to the federal government) before Tennessee became a state. Part of the terms of this cession was slavery was not to be abolished there, so basically it was forced on the state when it was established in 1796...

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods

Those poor slave owners. 

That doesn't have any explanation of why the President did not mention slavery.

Uncle Siggy
26 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Those poor slave owners. 

Did you ask him???

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff

You know something Bull, it seems you hate Trump so much that not only do you attack him for the things he says, you are now attacking him for things he does not say.  

1Jn 4:20  If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
1Jn 4:21  And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1Jn 3:15  Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

1Jn 2:11  But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

Mat 5:21  “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’
Mat 5:22  But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
Mat 5:23  So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you,
Mat 5:24  leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Mat 5:25  Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison.
Mat 5:26  Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.

1Jn 3:11  For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

All quotes ESV

Bull, might I suggest it is far past time to re-examine yourself and the unrelenting hate that appears to pour out of you at the mere mention of this man's name.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Bull of the Woods

I don't hate him one bit.

You must have worked your fingers to the bone remonstrating those in forums who wrote stuff about the previous President. It could practically of been a full time job.

Thank goodness you mostly just have to worry about me now.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Bull of the Woods

Oh and if questioning why slavery was not mentioned by a President when describing the building of a slave state is pouring out hatred, and seems so to someone with the forum name of civilwarbuff, its very interesting at least to me.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Civilwarbuff
19 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I don't hate him one bit.

No, of course not......SIGH......

5 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Oh and if questioning why slavery was not mentioned by a President when describing the building of a slave state is pouring out hatred, and seems so to someone with the forum name if civilwarbuff, its very interesting at least to me.

Something about a splinter and a plank seem appropriate here......

• Like 2

Becky
56 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Those poor slave owners. 

Is every one required to list their sins every time they speak? 

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods

Which of us have which?

I admit Trump is a President who I think is woefully inept, even though there are some things he has done I like.

I can honestly say I don't hate him.

Bull of the Woods
4 minutes ago, Becky said:

Is every one required to list their sins every time they speak? 

No. Of course not.

But here he chose to describe the building of the state, the taming of the land. He put himself to that task and it is an insult to omit the part that slaves played.

Becky

When you speak of your home do you see to it you remark on the Indians that once owned the land?  Maybe a person 150 years ago stole it from some one . Personally i would be a bit more in-tune to your judgement of Trump if i read some kind of balance in your postings. Same with those who i read as worshiping him. 

• Like 2

Civilwarbuff
9 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

No. Of course not.

But here he chose to describe the building of the state, the taming of the land. He put himself to that task and it is an insult to omit the part that slaves played.

He was giving a speech Bull, not reading a dissertation......

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff

13 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Which of us have which?

Since you were attacking me over my screen name (very juvenile BTW) I think you can figure it out on your own........

• Like 2

ConfessionalLutheran

OOPS, somebody brought up Tennessee! As somebody with roots from the eastern area of the state, let me shove my oar in and as Memorial Day was just a couple of days ago, let me speak on behalf of my family. The Appalachian area of TN was largely pro- Union and there were very few slaveholders ( if any) in that part of the state. In fact, I have a couple of Unionist ancestors from a county in Tennessee that was so Unionist that when Nashville decided to secede from the Union, that county decided to secede from Tennessee https://becauseicantn.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/the-free-and-independent-state-of-scott-tn-history/

and only rejoined the rest of the state in 1986, after tempers were allowed to cool for a little bit. 

I don't deny the role that slavery played in the middle and western areas of the state http://www.tn4me.org/minor_cat.cfm/minor_id/62/major_id/21/era_id/4, 

but I will say that in the mountainous east, it was indeed Scots- Irish, English and German descended ( read white, if you must) pioneers who laid down the foundations of that land. Families developed that land until the timber and coal companies came along.

• Like 4

Uncle Siggy
2 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

No. Of course not.

Remember what I said a week or so ago about bringing up a legitimate point about him (instead of the personal silliness) that you might get into a good debate???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Civilwarbuff
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, Bull of the Woods said:

Oh and if questioning why slavery was not mentioned by a President when describing the building of a slave state is pouring out hatred, and seems so to someone with the forum name of civilwarbuff, its very interesting at least to me.

Bull, if you are listening, these are the kind of things I am aware of.......

Origen
On 5/30/2018 at 9:50 AM, ConfessionalLutheran said:

OOPS, somebody brought up Tennessee! As somebody with roots from the eastern area of the state, let me shove my oar in and as Memorial Day was just a couple of days ago, let me speak on behalf of my family. The Appalachian area of TN was largely pro- Union and there were very few slaveholders ( if any) in that part of the state. In fact, I have a couple of Unionist ancestors from a county in Tennessee that was so Unionist that when Nashville decided to secede from the Union, that county decided to secede from Tennessee https://becauseicantn.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/the-free-and-independent-state-of-scott-tn-history/and only rejoined the rest of the state in 1986, after tempers were allowed to cool for a little bit.

Good points CL.  Also note that Tennessee was the last state to seceded from the Union (June 8, 1861) and the first state to reenter the Union (July 26, 1866).  In fact in "February 1861, 54 percent of the state's voters voted against sending delegates to a secession convention."

• Like 1

Just Mike

Just some unimportant facts about the State I love and call my home.

MISSOURI became a State in 1821 and was a Union state. The first major Civil War battle West of the Mississippi happened on August 19, 1861 at Wilson's Creek.

However Missouri's 300,000 slave owners did not fight on the Unions side. Confederate sympathizers sent supplies and armies to both sides. Missouri had neighbors fighting neighbors in an intrastate war especially along Missouri's borders. Missourians were fundamentally southern in culture and heritage and constituted the majority of the states population.

The largest battle west of the Mississippi was the Battle of Westport in Kansas City in 1864.  Today in Lexington, MO there are cannon balls in the court house from the Civil War. There are guided tours that take visitors about the town and tell the story of Lexington's involvement in the war. Near Springfield, Missouri is Wilson's Creek National Battlefield where solderers are burred. There are  yearly reenactment's of the Wilson's Creek Battle, and film makers take advantage of this oppertunity to record this special event,

Missouri cemeteries have a rich history of veterans of solders who fought the Civil War of both sides, their stories are often written on their tombstones. Boys as young as ten or eleven fought on both sides, and there too tomb stones tell some of their stories.

Missouri  was a Union State, but in reality the Civil War split supporters for both sides.  Today Missouri is a conservative politically,  President Trump won the state in the last election.   There is little support legalizing marijuana for medical or recreational use. Missouri is a wonderful state to live in. We came from California and Arizona,  for us Missouri is such a blessing,  and God definitely planted us here.

• Like 1