The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
godsquadgeek

Roseanne Barr and her comment that got her show fired

11 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

th?id=OIP.WfC_Q-EApwGG4tE26EIRvwHaEi&pid

I know some of you can remember when the Left was comparing Bush to apes, bta they were comparing him to George Soros too, go figure...

0ZOVasVMJlMBgCTck.jpg

I guess it depends on your political views as to which one is funny and which one isn't...

evolution%20bill%20clinton.jpg

They also got Bubba as you can see...

That's such a mean hearted thing to compare people like Bill Clinton to apes, what did the apes do to deserve that? :RpS_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

That's such a mean hearted thing to compare people like Bill Clinton to apes, what did the apes do to deserve that? :RpS_laugh:

You can say the same about Obama being compared to Urkel, what did Urkel do to deserve that???

f44a23a95f308ac0d4ce872e9b7c971b--steve-

• Haha 1

I was just trying to jump on Youtube to watch something and I got this message

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation

Is this suppose to indicate intelligent black people here?

Or evolved human beings (regardless of color)?

Sometimes you just have to ask 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Staff

@Uncle Siggy you are mistaken  about Billy he is a pig.

Roseann's tweet was racist the fact that other slimeballs are racist does not diminish the content of her tweet.

She was fired because she supports Trump. The double standard is alive and well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Becky said:

Roseann's tweet was racist the fact that other slimeballs are racist does not diminish the content of her tweet.

She was fired because she supports Trump. The double standard is alive and well.

123015_ClintonPigCampaign_COLOR.jpg

gmc14119620160512040600.jpgThat better???

Edited by Uncle Siggy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, deade said:

Yes, I can prove it is racist. The people in the South call black people "porch monkeys." That is what the ape reference means. Maybe you are too young to know this.

7005.gif

Do not think it is just in the south.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 2:33 AM, Innerfire89 said:

It's more likely the comment was racist than not. 

Someone mocking God or the Christian faith on tv and getting away with it isn't too surprising, of course it's unfair, but what can you expect from Hollyweird, or a show like The View.

Saying something was "more likely than not," in terms of ascribing motive to someone ELSE, is horrible and far, far worse than racism.

If some bit of Hollyweird chooses to purge their ranks by this same mechanism? I find that irrelevant because they are morally bankrupt to begin with. If they were interested in returning to be some 'role model,' they would publicly pose the question to Roseanne "was that racist?" I think she would have difficulty claiming it wasn't. Then they could respond that they don't want to be associated with such behavior, and their action would be FAR more meaningful than this bit of nonsense, which is petty.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:00 PM, Bull of the Woods said:

What are Valerie Jarrett's ties to the Muslim Brotherhood? I am not familiar.

She was born in a muslim country ...

"Jarrett was born in Shiraz, Iran, during the Pahlavi dynasty, to American parents James E. Bowman and Barbara T. Bowman. Her father, a pathologist and geneticist, ran a hospital for children in Shiraz in 1956 as part of a program where American physicians and agricultural experts sought to help in the health and farming efforts of developing countries. When she was five years old, the family moved to London for a year, later moving to Chicago in 1963.

Her parents are both of European and African-American descent. On the television series Finding Your Roots, DNA testing indicated that Jarrett is of 49% European, 46% African, and 5% Native American descent."

15 minutes ago, RazeontheRock said:

Saying something was "more likely than not," in terms of ascribing motive to someone ELSE, is horrible and far, far worse than racism.

If some bit of Hollyweird chooses to purge their ranks by this same mechanism? I find that irrelevant because they are morally bankrupt to begin with. If they were interested in returning to be some 'role model,' they would publicly pose the question to Roseanne "was that racist?" I think she would have difficulty claiming it wasn't. Then they could respond that they don't want to be associated with such behavior, and their action would be FAR more meaningful than this bit of nonsense, which is petty.

That's ridiculous. How is making a judgement based on high probability worse than looking at people as less than human just because they have more pigment to their skin? 

Perhaps you don't understand just how nasty racism is.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:11 PM, Fireproof said:

I was just trying to jump on Youtube to watch something and I got this message

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation

Is this suppose to indicate intelligent black people here?

Or evolved human beings (regardless of color)?

Sometimes you just have to ask 

Youtube moved its servers to Africa to take advantage of tax incentives and cheap labor ... they mean LITERALLY "highly trained monkeys" (although technically, some may be apes ... how does that song go: "If it's got a tail then it's a monkey; if it doesn't have a tail then it's an ape" ... gotta love Veggie Tales).

sbC50.jpg

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, Becky said:

Speaking of Bubba did you see his meltdown on the Today Show when he was asked "nonpuffball" questions about Monica???  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Staff

Nope i dont watch  him , but if you have a link that might be worth the sick tummy. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Speaking of Bubba did you see his meltdown on the Today Show when he was asked "nonpuffball" questions about Monica???  :classic_laugh:

Yeah, it was pretty funny.....real questions are difficult for him to answer.

4 hours ago, Becky said:

Nope i dont watch  him , but if you have a link that might be worth the sick tummy. 

Here take your pick: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bill+clinton+meltdown+on+Todat+SHow&FORM=HDRSC3

On 6/7/2018 at 2:53 PM, Innerfire89 said:

That's ridiculous. How is making a judgement based on high probability worse than looking at people as less than human just because they have more pigment to their skin? 

Perhaps you don't understand just how nasty racism is.

"High probability" is no basis for passing Judgment. Apparently you do not yet recognize just how nasty passing Judgment is.

58 minutes ago, RazeontheRock said:

"High probability" is no basis for passing Judgment. Apparently you do not yet recognize just how nasty passing Judgment is.

All that I said was that Roseanne's comment is most likely racist, I did not judge from that that she is a racist. You are reading something I didn't say, then telling me I'm worse than a racist.

What is passing jugdement?

Staff

I have no idea why anyone would be defending Roseanne. She is neither a Christian or Conservative. 

If she thinks in some way her rights are infringed upon I suggest she seek a lawyer.

God bless,

William

12 hours ago, Innerfire89 said:

All that I said was that Roseanne's comment is most likely racist, I did not judge from that that she is a racist. You are reading something I didn't say, then telling me I'm worse than a racist.

What is passing jugdement?

I never said you are 'worse than a racist,' nor did I compare you in any way to a racist.

I suggest you read it again.

11 hours ago, William said:

I have no idea why anyone would be defending Roseanne. She is neither a Christian or Conservative. 

If she thinks in some way her rights are infringed upon I suggest she seek a lawyer.

God bless,

William

Who's defending Roseanne? Although she has been promoting Trump style values on her show, from what I've read.

I don't think any "rights" are involved when it comes to being a TV star.

All I said was that if Hollyweird wanted to regain some influence of morality or projecting a positive role model for anyone, which they obviously don't, they wouldn't simply assume Roseanne's conduct was rooted in racism. Instead, they'd publicly ask her. If (when?) she couldn't defend what she said, then their condemnation of her would actually mean something.

As it is, it's all just petty nonsense. Their actions are at least as bad as hers. The whole thing is to be avoided; there used to be an art form involved, but that ceased long ago.

5 hours ago, RazeontheRock said:

I never said you are 'worse than a racist,' nor did I compare you in any way to a racist.

I suggest you read it again.

I read it fine the frist time, I can read it over and over and it still says the same ridiculous thing.

On 6/7/2018 at 2:25 PM, RazeontheRock said:

If I'm doing something worse than racism, then it follows that I'm worse than a racist.

And it still makes no sense. How is saying that her tweet was likely racist worse than racism? Even if I concluded that she was a racist based on probability, racism makes conclusions based on innate traits in people. 

Racist is a ugly word it poisons the heart and soul of anyone promoting this type of behavior. Our Lord says  it all in this .verse

Matthews 7: 1-3

1“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?

On 5/30/2018 at 11:46 AM, godsquadgeek said:

so it's okay for one group to say it, but not the other group?

Interesting I wasn't aware that Roseanne barr was a group?

And, I wasn't aware that other group (all African Americans) have apparently said something about another group.

Hmm, this short of collectivism sounds something like the star trek borg, rather than the type of experiences with individuals I have in real life.