SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
godsquadgeek

Roseanne Barr and her comment that got her show fired

godsquadgeek

I think that people should at least be consistent:  Roseanne barr had her show cancelled because of an alleged racist comment.  the comment which was in bad taste said:  "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj"  VJ stands for Valerie Jarrett a top former aid to obama.  Her show was cancelled on ABC as a result of the comment.  But what is racist about the muslim brotherhood?  Is it a requirement to be black to be in the brotherhood?  I don't think so.  So it's not technically a racist comment.  But lets say it was just for giggles.  What about when Joy Reid wrote bigoted, racist, homophobic, hateful, and anti-Muslim tweets and blog posts for years and years? She still has a job right?  And why did ABC not terminate Joy Behar’s contract? She openly mocked Christianity and Mike Pence during a taping of The View!  I guess the muslim brotherhood is more of a race than christians are.  Michelle Wolf tells political jokes and makes fun of sarah huckabee and the left tells us to "get over it, its comedy" Then she is rewarded with a new show on Netflix.  So apparently it's okay to make fun of christians and conservatives, but not liberals.  Thats what it boils down to.  Am I right so far?  Now Valerie Jarrett does actually have ties to the muslim brotherhood documented as a terrorist organization.  So that part was actually correct.  Saying she looked like a monkey, well that was rude, and deserved an apology.  Which happened.  But no, she isnt' getting her job back.  You can be on the left and make all sorts of prejudiced comments, and it's all just a joke.  But as soon as a conservative does it, your life is ruined.  So I guess we can deduce that the left really can't take a joke.  And/or has no sense of humor. 

• Like 2

Bull of the Woods

The part about "and the planet of the apes had a baby" is the ugly old racist comparison of people of African ancestry and apes. That's the predominant reason Barr had to go.

The woman, Valerie Jarrett, is African American. 

Whatever has or hasn't happened in consequence of other incidents, that one by Barr had to and should have caused any employer to cut the ties.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

godsquadgeek
2 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

The part about "and the planet of the apes had a baby" is the ugly old racist comparison of people of African ancestry and apes. 

The woman, Valerie Jarrett, is African American. 

Whatever has or hasn't happened in consequence of other incidents, that one by Barr had to and should have caused any employer to cut the ties.

so it's okay for one group to say it, but not the other group?  Isn't that prejudiced?  Oops I said the p word.  And secondly, can you prove it was racist?  Just insulting a person of african american decent is not racist in itself. 

Edited by godsquadgeek

Bull of the Woods

Comparing African Americans to apes is about the oldest,ugliest, racist, vile, ignorant acts.

It is indefensible.

Bull of the Woods

What are Valerie Jarrett's ties to the Muslim Brotherhood? I am not familiar.

godsquadgeek
15 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Comparing African Americans to apes is about the oldest,ugliest, racist, vile, ignorant acts.

It is indefensible.

how is it racist?  I am not defending it, it was wrong and there was an apology, but I fail to see racism in every insult given to a black person.  The shape of her face is what she was referring to, not the color of her skin. It was very rude, we all agree.  But not even close to being racist.  But you did not respond to the fact that other people can say the exact same thing and not get punished.  Do you agree that michelle wolf, joy behar, and joy reid should all be fired? If you do, then you should start a petition on one of the many sites and push for that.  They maybe we will agree that you feel this bad about roseanne's comment.  agreed?  

Edited by godsquadgeek
  • Like 1

Bull of the Woods

Hopefully you hear from some other Christians here.

I don't think you would agree with me if I said the surface  of the Sun is hot.

Hopefully, in keeping with what is consistent with the faith I am not going to be alone in stating unequivocally that Barr's statement was an ugly racist remark.

godsquadgeek
1 minute ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Hopefully you hear from some other Christians here.

I don't think you would agree with me if I said the surface  of the Sun is hot.

Hopefully, in keeping with what is consistent with the faith I am not going to be alone in stating unequivocally that Barr's statement was an ugly racist remark.

I doubt that others will think it's racist.  After all the woman does not even look black.  But you did not respond to the fact that other people can say the exact same thing and not get punished.  Do you agree that michelle wolf, joy behar, and joy reid should all be fired? If you do, then you should start a petition on one of the many sites and push for that.  They maybe we will agree that you feel this bad about roseanne's comment.  agreed?  

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods

Who did they compare to an ape?

if no other Christian here knows of and doesn't call Barr's written comments what they are, ugly racism, I will be ashamed.

Becky

Whoa  Roseane's remarks were, are racist. 

Using the high school kid  line about what other people do to justify her actions/words is juvenile. 

This site will not support racism, nor allow it to flourish here.

godsquadgeek
2 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Who did they compare to an ape?

if no other Christian here knows of and doesn't call Barr's written comments what they are, ugly racism, I will be ashamed.

what about everyone elses comments?  Do you only dislike republican comments that are rude or what?  I am serious, get some petitions started then i will believe your comments about disgust.  But I know you well enough that you appeal to emotion all the time to prove points, and to win arguments.  All I am saying is that what happens to one side, should happen to the other.  So I won't be replying to any more of your comments, as you simply want to chase down republican women and not be fair. 

• Like 2

godsquadgeek
Just now, Becky said:

Whoa  Roseane's remarks were, are racist. 

Using the high school kid  line about what other people do to justify her actions/words is juvenile. 

This site will not support racism, nor allow it to flourish here.

can you prove they were racist?  Again insults towards a black person, even to the point of saying they are as ugly as a monkey.  Is not racist as it's not applying to a whole race.  So please prove all allegations and remember Jesus said not to Judge partially.  

Bull of the Woods

I am too busy restraining myself right now.

Becky

The system posted Becky gave godsquadgeek a warning for this post . The reality is the warning is for the whole thread. 

This racist childish rant is not welcome here. 

deade
45 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

can you prove they were racist?  Again insults towards a black person, even to the point of saying they are as ugly as a monkey.  Is not racist as it's not applying to a whole race.  So please prove all allegations and remember Jesus said not to Judge partially.  

Yes, I can prove it is racist. The people in the South call black people "porch monkeys." That is what the ape reference means. Maybe you are too young to know this.

7005.gif

• Like 2

Fireproof

I heard of the song, "Hey hey were the monkeys" (from some years back) which was sung by a bunch of white guys but I never heard of the term porch monkeys (and I live in the South) although I didnt always live in the South.

Did Roseanne grow up in the South?

She specifically called a black woman a porch monkey?

I saw the woman but I would have never have never thought for a second she was a black woman or that monkey comments were racist, never heard of it. I'm getting out more though (unfortunately).

I always thought when someone called another person an ape (whether they were white or black, male or female) that they were referring to a persons (inner) primitive characteristics. Poking fun of someone that way.

Or spoofing on another using the liberal scientists notion that we (as the human race) evolved from apes (having nothing to do with people of color in the tribal sense) but humanity as a whole) though in part having more to do with going backwards (spoofing on not having evolved, or still primal).

I do suppose it depends on how someone uses it. I dont see how monkeys or apes being used to poke fun must always apply to racism against blacks whenever pictures of apes are used for sport. Not always appropriate (granted) but they have been used to poke fun of white people too, for example, president George bush Jr as well as Donald Trump (and that wouldnt be considered racist). Which it shouldn't be (for either) since much earlier we have liberal scientists pushing the human race itself evolved from such a species (regardless of ones color).

Would seem unfair then target white folks for tossing around a monkey in the form of a meme as being racist while others can freely toss around the same at whites and be considered innocent. That just seems unfair.

• Like 4

Truthfrees
4 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

so it's okay for one group to say it, but not the other group?  Isn't that prejudiced?  Oops I said the p word.  And secondly, can you prove it was racist?  Just insulting a person of african american decent is not racist in itself. 

4 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

how is it racist?  I am not defending it, it was wrong and there was an apology, but I fail to see racism in every insult given to a black person.  The shape of her face is what she was referring to, not the color of her skin. It was very rude, we all agree.  But not even close to being racist.  But you did not respond to the fact that other people can say the exact same thing and not get punished.  Do you agree that michelle wolf, joy behar, and joy reid should all be fired? If you do, then you should start a petition on one of the many sites and push for that.  They maybe we will agree that you feel this bad about roseanne's comment.  agreed?  

2 hours ago, deade said:

Yes, I can prove it is racist. The people in the South call black people "porch monkeys." That is what the ape reference means. Maybe you are too young to know this.

7005.gif

32 minutes ago, Fireproof said:

I heard of the song, "Hey hey were the monkeys" (from some years back) which was sung by a bunch of white guys but I never heard of the term porch monkeys (and I live in the South) although I didnt always live in the South.

Did Roseanne grow up in the South?

She specifically called a black woman a porch monkey?

I saw the woman but I would have never have never thought for a second she was a black woman or that monkey comments were racist, never heard of it. I'm getting out more though (unfortunately).

I always thought when someone called another person an ape (whether they were white or black, male or female) that they were referring to a persons (inner) primitive characteristics. Poking fun of someone that way.

Or spoofing on another using the liberal scientists notion that we (as the human race) evolved from apes (having nothing to do with people of color in the tribal sense) but humanity as a whole) though in part having more to do with going backwards (spoofing on not having evolved, or still primal).

I do suppose it depends on how someone uses it. I dont see how monkeys or apes being used to poke fun must always apply to racism against blacks whenever pictures of apes are used for sport. Not always appropriate (granted) but they have been used to poke fun of white people too, for example, president George bush Jr as well as Donald Trump (and that wouldnt be considered racist). Which it shouldn't be (for either) since much earlier we have liberal scientists pushing the human race itself evolved from such a species (regardless of ones color).

Would seem unfair then target white folks for tossing around a monkey in the form of a meme as being racist while others can freely toss around the same at whites and be considered innocent. That just seems unfair.

people who are not racist and don't hang around with racists quite often don't understand how some comments are racist

@godsquadgeek and @Fireproof you do make good points about the double standards of what is called racist

what i learned from this situation is that saying unkind things about others isn't a very good idea

on real news there is a lot about how roseanne isn't a d or an r - she just happens to support PT - just as kayne does

i guess roseanne has a long history of saying outrageous things - as most commedians do

that wolfe lady who trashed sarah sanders at the news media whitehouse dinner was far worse imo than roseanne but such is the media bias

hypocrisy and blatant bias is evil - but God sees and if we keep close to God He will make a way through all the nonsense we are experiencing

God bless all you wonderful people who are not racist and didn't recognize racism - that just shows what good hearts you have

God bless all you wonderful people who do see racism - please be kind to others as @deade was - it was very wise of deade to recognize that some people are not familiar with racism because they are not racists and do not hang around with racists

i can vouch for @godsquadgeek that he is a good guy and honestly did not see the racism - i too have the same issue - i am not racist and don't hang with racists so i tend to take people at face value as did godsquadgeek

praying for you all - God bless you precious people - may God's love fill your hearts

• Like 4

Innerfire89

It's more likely the comment was racist than not. 

Someone mocking God or the Christian faith on tv and getting away with it isn't too surprising, of course it's unfair, but what can you expect from Hollyweird, or a show like The View.

• Like 2

Uncle Siggy
7 hours ago, deade said:

7005.gif

It's not just in the South...

• Like 2

Uncle Siggy

th?id=OIP.WfC_Q-EApwGG4tE26EIRvwHaEi&pid

I know some of you can remember when the Left was comparing Bush to apes, bta they were comparing him to George Soros too, go figure...

0ZOVasVMJlMBgCTck.jpg

I guess it depends on your political views as to which one is funny and which one isn't...

evolution%20bill%20clinton.jpg

They also got Bubba as you can see...

Edited by Uncle Siggy
  • Like 5

Bull of the Woods

It has to do with our national shame of slavery and racial injustice through all of our earlier history, strongly enforced up to the 1960's and lingering racist and mean stereotyping.

Its not surprising that a characterization of a race as something subhuman which was used to justify the cruelest institution of slavery is rightly regarded as an ugly thing. 

It is a reminder to people ofAfrican ancestry of a society that gave next to no hope to people because of their race.

I am a Christian but recall knowing this was so when very much an unbelieving, unchurched teen. 

I know it even better now.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Uncle Siggy
3 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

It has to do with our national shame of slavery and racial injustice through all of our earlier history, strongly enforced up to the 1960's and lingering racist and mean stereotyping.

Its not surprising that a characterization of a race as something subhuman which was used to justify the cruelest institution of slavery is rightly regarded as an ugly thing. 

It is a reminder to people ofAfrican ancestry of a society that gave next to no hope to people because of their race.

I am a Christian but recall knowing this was so when very much an unbelieving, unchurched teen. 

I know it even better now.

Slavery in the US isn't over yet didn't you know that???

• Like 2

Fastfredy0

Racist definition 1:  a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races,

Racist definition 2: One who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

• Like 3