SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
godsquadgeek

Kapernick loses

godsquadgeek

Colin Kaepernick's movement will soon come to an end.

NFL commission puts fines against all clubs who allow players to kneel.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933962/article/roger-goodells-statement-on-national-anthem-policy

if one does not feel the need to stand during the anthem, they may stay in the locker room. 

• Like 2

Potluck

The politicization of the NFL could not turn out well. The entire nation does not applaud left wing policy as the media would have us believe.

• Like 1

Knotical

This is really something that was a non-issue originally, that was made into an issue, that is now being handled in, probably, the wisest way possible.  Prior to 2009 NFL players stayed in the locker room until after the anthem was sung/played.  After that they were brought out to boost recruitment numbers.  Then, somehow, it became a tool to protest police brutality.  Now the NFL is saying if you want to be on the field while the anthem is being sung/played you will stand.  And if you don't you will get fined.  Which is completely within their power as an employer, which completely takes the Free Speech out of the equation.  While you are employed by a specific company if you do something that will paint that company in a bad light, or cause a bad reputation to develop they are completely within their power to discipline you, including termination.

Of course this is not how the left is going to see it, but there it is.

• Like 3

deade
14 minutes ago, Knotical said:

Of course this is not how the left is going to see it, but there it is.

Right there it is, this is all about money. NFL is a business and while you are working you cannot protest. That you do on your own time. I am sure the left will disagree.

7070.gif 

• Like 1

godsquadgeek

a good article: 

NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons. Those teams will also have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

“We want people to be respectful of the national anthem,” commissioner Roger Goodell said. “We want people to stand — that’s all personnel — and make sure they treat this moment in a respectful fashion. That’s something we think we owe. [But] we were also very sensitive to give players choices.”

All 32 owners approved the policy, which will be part of the NFL’s game operations manual and thus not subject to collective bargaining. The NFL Players Association said in a statement that it will review the policy and “challenge any aspect” that is inconsistent with the CBA.

The NFL’s social justice junket was the talk of the league last year, as a massive boycottrocked the league’s profits from the very onset of the season.

https://www.sohh.com/nfl-announces-new-national-anthem-policy-penalties-for-anyone-kneeling/

• Like 1

Potluck
1 hour ago, deade said:

Right there it is, this is all about money. NFL is a business and while you are working you cannot protest. That you do on your own time. I am sure the left will disagree.

7070.gif 

Disagree on what grounds?

Freedom of speech while they muzzle conservative opinion on social media?

Evil, greedy corporations or big business while ignoring the fact that those corporations provide the jobs the economy needs? 

Play the race card while black conservatives are set upon with no-holds-barred?

Edited by Potluck
  • Like 1

deade
2 hours ago, Potluck said:

Disagree on what grounds?

Freedom of speech while they muzzle conservative opinion on social media?

Evil, greedy corporations or big business while ignoring the fact that those corporations provide the jobs the economy needs? 

Play the race card while black conservatives are set upon with no-holds-barred?

I agree with everything you say here. I said the left would probably try to disagree.

5206.gif

Potluck
1 hour ago, deade said:

I agree with everything you say here. I said the left would probably try to disagree.

5206.gif

I dont think there is any probably about it. The left will and have defended MS-13 

gang members and Hamas simply to resist Trump. 

And yes, I honestly believe MS-13 gang members behave like animals.

Becky

Kap did not loose. In hearing the NFL response this morning, i was sickened by the slimy lack of a  back bone of the NFL. 

godsquadgeek
8 minutes ago, Becky said:

Kap did not loose. In hearing the NFL response this morning, i was sickened by the slimy lack of a  back bone of the NFL. 

He loses due to a boycott, thats all.  It's just a numbers game, if this can increase revenue, and make them look good.  It's a win win. 

Potluck
1 hour ago, deade said:

5206.gif

Oh. 

Maybe i should have posted:

“The left” disagree on what grounds?

Not you. 

godsquadgeek

mle180525c20180525122203.jpg

godsquadgeek

mrz052518dBP20180525114528.jpg