SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Samuel Pj

Why Faith in salvation?

Samuel Pj

I was asked a question by a friend

Faith involves some sort of personal illusions and self-driven strong beliefs on invisible entities. Why Faith is so essential in salvation? Is there no way for salvation except through FAITH in Jesus Christ? 

sorry for the bad english. I hope you understood the question.

Fastfredy0

Why Faith is so essential in salvation?  

Short answer ... God is free to operate in any fashion He wishes. (Psalm 115:3 Our God is in the heavens; he does whatever he please)     ... who knows the mind of God?

Longer Answer (IMO)

1 Cor. 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God. 19 For it is written and forever remains written,

I will destroy the wisdom of the wise [the philosophy of the philosophers],
And the cleverness of the clever [who do not know Me] I will nullify.”

20 Where is the wise man (philosopher)? Where is the scribe (scholar)? Where is the debater (logician, orator) of this age? Has God not exposed the foolishness of this world’s wisdom? 21 For since the world through all its [earthly] wisdom failed to recognize God, God in His wisdom was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached [regarding salvation] to save those who believe [in Christ and welcome Him as Savior]. 22 For Jews demand signs (attesting miracles), and Greeks pursue [worldly] wisdom and philosophy, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, [a message which is] to Jews a stumbling block [that provokes their opposition], and to Gentiles foolishness [just utter nonsense], 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks (Gentiles), Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 [This is] because the foolishness of God [is not foolishness at all and] is wiser than men [far beyond human comprehension], and the weakness of God is stronger than men [far beyond the limits of human effort].

Is there no way for salvation except through FAITH in Jesus Christ?

According to protestants, the only other way is if person has not reached the age of accountability (babies, mentally disabled).  These people are saved. This is not agreed to by all protestants.  The biblical support is tenuous.

• Like 1

deade
9 hours ago, Samuel Pj said:

Faith involves some sort of personal illusions and self-driven strong beliefs on invisible entities. Why Faith is so essential in salvation? Is there no way for salvation except through FAITH in Jesus Christ? 

First of all Samuel, I see this is your first post. So, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. 

Now, about faith. We may not fully understand it but there is something character building about faith. Say we have a good worker that always does what is expected of him. If he becomes unsure, he asks for advice or direction. We can rest assured that worker will always represent our best interest. 

God had a third of His heavenly cherubim/seraphim (what we call angels) rebel against the established protocol and decided to do things their own way. They had never experienced evil, therefore they didn't know the outcome of evil. God is in the process of showing all the heavenly host (fallen or not)  and the whole of the human race, that His definitions of good and evil are just what He says they are.

By exercising that faith on God's word, we are becoming future managers of God's government in the universe. That is why God uses terms like kingship, co-inheritors, wife and sons. Knowing we are looking out for our own best interest along with God's. I hope this helps.   :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 1

larry2
On 5/21/2018 at 2:51 AM, Samuel Pj said:

Faith involves some sort of personal illusions and self-driven strong beliefs on invisible entities. Why Faith is so essential in salvation?

Hi Samuel PJ, and welcome. I like the way Deade just ahead of me posting put it, and that is by exercising faith. We read in Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:14  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? 

We don't have to understand the mechanics of scripture, or know the interpretation of words such as faith for it to be effective to our salvation. What this is saying is that to even have called upon God in an emergency for instance, you had the necessary belief and faith to do so.

• Like 2

reformed baptist
On 5/21/2018 at 9:51 AM, Samuel Pj said:

Maybe it would help to properly identify faith - you define it as involving "some sort of personal illusions and self-driven strong beliefs

The Bible is clear that there is nothing 'self driven' about saving faith - Paul is clear "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God," (Eph 2:8 NKJ) - rather then being self driven, faith is something God gives us. 

And I'm not sure what you mean by 'personal illusion' faith is "the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Heb 11:1 NKJ)

Edited by reformed baptist