SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Pouty Puppy

Clinton’s 2016 Campaign Funneled $150K To Her Personal Company

Pouty Puppy

Let's please keep on topic sisters and brothers here. Don't be led by the antagonist anti-Trump hatred spirits that are in the world. Let's stay on this topic and ignore any attempts that may enter hoping to derail and take us off topic even to rebut anti-Trump propaganda. Let hatred make its own thread. Not hijack ours. OK?  :classic_smile:

Remember this from awhile ago? Maybe it runs in the family. 

Chelsea Clinton used foundation to help pay for wedding: email

Edited by Pouty Puppy

Becky

The hate shown is hate it comes from all sides hate is the problem not who is hated. 

Pouty Puppy

Hatred resides in the "who" that appear in any environment. 

Becky

Let me try again the person doing the hating, is the hate full person, the sinful one . If one is showing hate at the Clitons  they are just as hateful as showing hate to anyone else. 

William
Staff

I think people need to demonstrate more civility. Otherwise we're going to reconsider having poliical categories. This website was fine for years until recently. Just because one is engaged in politics does not mean they stop acting as Christians.

And please stop using the report feature in an attempt to win a debate by involving staff. 

God bless,

William 

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

Bull of the Woods

I tend to want to counteract things. Whenever I have been around a consensus that I don't think is completely backed up I throw a monkey wrench in. My only point was while it may very well be Clinton got 150k somewhere it should not have been, the President benefited by utilizing his businesses and assets.

Pouty Puppy
6 hours ago, William said:

I think people need to demonstrate more civility. Otherwise we're going to reconsider having poliical categories. This website was fine for years until recently. Just because one is engaged in politics does not mean they stop acting as Christians.

And please stop using the report feature in an attempt to win a debate by involving staff. 

God bless,

William 

That was never my intention when I used the report button. Forums typically have rules about going far afield and derailing a topic. 

As to closing the category, antagonist behavior and personal attacks by a handful of persons caused a forum to do that very thing. Remove the political forum. 

I suspect gaining that victory as well as a prohibition against discussing OSAS due to the same type behaviors in a minority number of persons. Making a rule to extricate the subject so as to preclude the minority from acting the backside. 

I suspect when a forum augments its forums discussion model due to the minority of trouble makers rather than banning those so that others can discuss in peace in all forums as is, so as to bring peace to the board, that those few who had no respect for the board feel gratified. And then they move on to other sites acting the same way and hoping for the same result. 

Not impossible being this forum and a few others were posted by a member at that other site so as to announce there were other political forums where conversations could continue. 

Reasonable people can discuss one topic and its particulars and lend to many pages of engaging dialog. The trouble that arrives inevitably however is the unreasonable who enter in and commit to what use to be a punch line in a late night TV comedy show, and only because very young children behaved in the manner parodied by that show. The, I know I am but what are you? 

Only in political debates it appears as, someone posts a news report about a Liberal politician. Then someone else posts an old report similar to the contemporary one so as to impart that I know model in the form of, I know what Hillary did but look at what they accused Trump of! 

The difference being there is evidence for Hillary's offense in this case. 

My report wasn't asking any staff to take sides. Since that report is being alluded to here. Rather, my intention was to hopefully stop a derail so that anti-Trump propaganda hasn't one more thread to occupy so as to repeat the same message. Trump sucks. And also to fan the flames and feed off of the responding drama. 

This OP article is news because Hillary took campaign funds she wasn't entitled to. The Clinton's have a history of absconding with assets for themselves when they work in public office  or, in this case run for public office. 
Remember how the Clinton's had to return a lot of gifts they'd received in their terms in the White house? They claimed they thought the gifts they received from dignitaries and other guests there were theirs to keep. 
Later Hillary claimed when she and Bill left the office they were dead broke. 

There is a saying, the root of all evil is money. 

That actually misrepresents the evil that is there. It is exceeding love for money that is the root of all evil. 

At this stage of the game Hillary R. Clinton lives in a veritable forest of money trees deeply rooted in evil. Some of the tap roots reach all the way to Russia. And there is proof. There is proof sustaining all criminal charges levied against HRC. 

But HRC isn't worried. Because she knows no one in D.C. who know here would dare wield an ax so as to start making lumber to build houses for the homeless therein making great use in recycling evil for good. 

And just to add this. Moderators of a forum are suppose to take sides when you think about it. They're suppose to keep a thread friendly, and on topic. That's taking a side.

The Christian doesn't stop being a Christian when they discuss politics or any other hot button issue. 

Edited by Pouty Puppy
  • Like 1

Uncle Siggy
7 hours ago, Pouty Puppy said:

As to closing the category, antagonist behavior and personal attacks by a handful of persons caused a forum to do that very thing. Remove the political forum. 

I suspect gaining that victory as well as a prohibition against discussing OSAS due to the same type behaviors in a minority number of persons. Making a rule to extricate the subject so as to preclude the minority from acting the backside. 

I suspect when a forum augments its forums discussion model due to the minority of trouble makers rather than banning those so that others can discuss in peace in all forums as is, so as to bring peace to the board, that those few who had no respect for the board feel gratified. And then they move on to other sites acting the same way and hoping for the same result. 

Not impossible being this forum and a few others were posted by a member at that other site so as to announce there were other political forums where conversations could continue. 

That's something that has annoyed me since I first experienced it (which happened to be in military basic training) punishing everybody instead of the guilty party/ies... 

• Like 1

William
Staff
5 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

That's something that has annoyed me since I first experienced it (which happened to be in military basic training) punishing everybody instead of the guilty party/ies... 

We are very understaffed at the moment. I am attending my father's memorial today. My father passed away last week:

http://www.laceychapel.org/page/memorial_for_william_b_thomas

Two other members are dealing with cancer treatments At the moment and are unavailable for the most part.

The thing about the military is when you punish everyone for the incompetence of one is that the rest take responsibility for that one. I'm hoping that others may help the problem children understand proper net etiquette. The admin or I may deal with these when I return at the beginning of next month. In the meantime please try not to escalate the situations but rather try to diffuse them. We really appreciate member cooperation in the meantime.

God bless,

William 

• Like 2

Uncle Siggy
19 hours ago, William said:

We are very understaffed at the moment. I am attending my father's memorial today. My father passed away last week:

http://www.laceychapel.org/page/memorial_for_william_b_thomas

Two other members are dealing with cancer treatments At the moment and are unavailable for the most part.

The thing about the military is when you punish everyone for the incompetence of one is that the rest take responsibility for that one. I'm hoping that others may help the problem children understand proper net etiquette. The admin or I may deal with these when I return at the beginning of next month. In the meantime please try not to escalate the situations but rather try to diffuse them. We really appreciate member cooperation in the meantime.

God bless,

William 

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and your staff's issues I hope they get better...

I'm not trying to stir up trouble just having conversation

The military does what the military does whether it makes sense or not sometimes. And circumstances in the field are much different from those at a stateside training base and should be handled differently. Those DIs were replaced because of what resulted from how they "mishandled" the situation, a trainee ended up in the hospital cause he slipped on the infamous "bar of soap". They were given the information to resolve the issue properly and chose not to do so, the "everybody is responsible for one persons screw ups" didn't work so well that time. It might make for good show in the movies but not so much in basic training where cooler heads and safety is supposed to reign supreme. You're supposed to look out for each other and help each other not decide or mete out punishment...

Pouty Puppy
On 5/19/2018 at 7:55 AM, Uncle Siggy said:

Happened to me in the years I was in school. I think it was to make all aware of how it would feel if any one of us went as far afield as the guilty party in our class. 

But this isn't school. This is suppose to be Christians gathering in community. And as we know, Jesus said , where there are two or more gathered in His Name, so too is he among them. 

Now, picture that beautiful fact. 

Glorious isn't it? The sweet sacred spirit of our Lord here among us? 
Then darken that visual and those feelings with the factual presence of that adversary to that feeling. 
The other forum I mentioned appears to be dying a slow death for lack of attendance. But the dark perpetrators there have moved on to greener pastures. Hoping to accomplish elsewhere what they succeeded in making reality in the past. 

Wolves! We know them by their fruit. 

William
Staff
5 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and your staff's issues I hope they get better...

I'm not trying to stir up trouble just having conversation

The military does what the military does whether it makes sense or not sometimes. And circumstances in the field are much different from those at a stateside training base and should be handled differently. Those DIs were replaced because of what resulted from how they "mishandled" the situation, a trainee ended up in the hospital cause he slipped on the infamous "bar of soap". They were given the information to resolve the issue properly and chose not to do so, the "everybody is responsible for one persons screw ups" didn't work so well that time. It might make for good show in the movies but not so much in basic training where cooler heads and safety is supposed to reign supreme. You're supposed to look out for each other and help each other not decide or mete out punishment...

Regarding a good show in the movies. I was a 1st squad leader. Not only was I punished but I punished the squad for the one messing up. 

As far as slipping on a bar of soap, why would the D.I.'s be punished for the inability of one? I never considered the military a special Olympics, having one that cannot pull his weight not only effects everyone else but obviously wrecks a unit's cohesion. Not saying the D.I.'s were right, but I remember the little pansies in the squadron which would file complaints against our T.I. We were lucky as he had a master's degree in theology. Never heard the man use vulgar language. 

Anyways, looks like my request went in one ear and out the other (Not by you). Already received multiple frivolous   complaints through the report system today. 

My main concern is a drop in new member registrations. I do not think some members here understand the importance of first impressions. Needlessly said, the actions of one or two wrecks that first impression new people have when browsing the board. 

God bless,

William 

Just Mike

When politics have a higher number of posts that Scriptural posts or Christian related posts its very discouraging.

• Like 1

William
Staff
1 hour ago, Pouty Puppy said:

Happened to me in the years I was in school. I think it was to make all aware of how it would feel if any one of us went as far afield as the guilty party in our class. 

But this isn't school. This is suppose to be Christians gathering in community. And as we know, Jesus said , where there are two or more gathered in His Name, so too is he among them. 

Now, picture that beautiful fact. 

Glorious isn't it? The sweet sacred spirit of our Lord here among us? 
Then darken that visual and those feelings with the factual presence of that adversary to that feeling. 
The other forum I mentioned appears to be dying a slow death for lack of attendance. But the dark perpetrators there have moved on to greener pastures. Hoping to accomplish elsewhere what they succeeded in making reality in the past. 

Wolves! We know them by their fruit. 

I don't think you understand. I hope the other forums succeed because we are all participating in the great commission. There's nothing wrong with a little brotherly competition, but we shouldn't want others to fail, especially over politics. The main complaint I have about other boards is that they are generally hostile to Reformed. We lost a Reformed member a week or so ago over some hostile political posts. This is unacceptable as our staff aligns with reformed theology. I think new members are used to the way other boards are run. When I return home next month I will finish the rules which includes expected Christian net etiquette.

God bless,

William

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Pouty Puppy
2 minutes ago, William said:

I don't think you understand. I hope the other forums succeed because we are all participating in the great commission. There's nothing wrong with a little brotherly competition, but we shouldn't want others to fail, especially over politics. The main complaint I have about other boards is that they are generally hostile to Reformed. We lost a Reformed member a week or so ago over some hostile political posts. This is unacceptable as our staff aligns with reformed theology. I think new members are used to the way other boards are run. When I return home next month I will finish the rules which includes expected Christian net etiquette.

God bless,

William

I would suggest you are the one that doesn't understand that everything I referred to has not a thing to do with what you're describing. 

William
Staff
7 minutes ago, Pouty Puppy said:

I would suggest you are the one that doesn't understand that everything I referred to has not a thing to do with what you're describing. 

Actually my posts have been indirectly referring to you. I've watched you run a couple of people out of this forums already and complain about others.

Consider this a verbal warning. Please tone down and reevaluate how you speak and engage others. 

God bless,

William 

• Best Answer 1