SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
godsquadgeek

employees of cheese cake factory suspended after harrasing trump supporter with MAGA hat

godsquadgeek

https://www.fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/cheesecake-factory-suspends-employees-accused-of-harassing-trump-supporter-for-maga-hat/750392900

Thank God for leftist businesses such as Starbucks and Cheese Cake Factory to promote tolerance by example. Better than those redneck bigots at Chick fil a am I right?

Edited by godsquadgeek
  • Haha 2

Pouty Puppy
1 hour ago, godsquadgeek said:

https://www.fox25boston.com/news/trending-now/cheesecake-factory-suspends-employees-accused-of-harassing-trump-supporter-for-maga-hat/750392900

Thank God for leftist businesses such as Starbucks and Cheese Cake Factory to promote tolerance by example. Better than those redneck bigots at Chick fil a am I right?

You're right! Leftist politic demands tolerance. Silly goose! You never heard them say they would return the favor. See? That's the thing. Leftist bigotry is in the details. They want but they don't give. 

And if you expect them to give as in equal tolerance, you're a bigot, a homophobe, a transphobe, and a xenophobe. OH, and if you're Caucasian? Well, you're just wrong because you think your white privilege entitles you to tolerance. 

Bull of the Woods

I could have sworn the article says the employees were suspended. It doesn't say the company encouraged them to be mean to Trump supporters.

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods

The man in the MAGA hat is African American. I am guessing other African Americans, the employees, took issue with that. It's not something that the company did or encouraged. It's a matter of politics getting the better of the specific people in this story who chose to vent inappropriately.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Papa Zoom
7 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I could have sworn the article says the employees were suspended. It doesn't say the company encouraged them to be mean to Trump supporters.

Now now Bull, don't let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.   After all, can't let the truth affect one's thinking.  So what that the employees were suspended.  The company is guilty anyway!!!   By association!!!  Or something.....

• Like 1

Papa Zoom
5 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

The man in the MAGA hat is African American. I am guessing other African Americans, the employees, took issue with that. It's not something that the company did or encouraged. It's a matter of politics getting the better of the specific people in this story who chose to vent inappropriately.

Yes but Fox covered the story so the company must be guilty of something!  Please, let the narrative be true.  Bad company.  Bad bad bad.  Now where's my Starbucks' Coffee?   Oh here it is.   (slurp)

Bull of the Woods

I don't equate political persecution or mistreatment, or unfairness with the persecution we are told to expect in the scriptures. Because they are not the same thing. First off mostly us American Christians don't bother that many people by the genuine expression and acting out of the faith. Myself included.

William
Staff
24 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I don't equate political persecution or mistreatment, or unfairness with the persecution we are told to expect in the scriptures. Because they are not the same thing. First off mostly us American Christians don't bother that many people by the genuine expression and acting out of the faith. Myself included.

I do in some ways. For example, we're told Christians will sacrifice righteousness doing business with the Babylonian system. Christians are being forced into bankruptcy because they will not partake in or endorse same sex unions.

God bless,

William 

Bull of the Woods
3 minutes ago, William said:

I do in some ways. For example, we're told Christians will sacrifice righteousness doing business with the Babylonian system. Christians are being forced into bankruptcy because they will not partake in or endorse same sex unions.

God bless,

William 

Then that is persecution for their faith in God.

Just wearing a MAGA hat isn't the identifying mark of a believer.

Civilwarbuff
51 minutes ago, Papa Zoom said:

Now now Bull, don't let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.   After all, can't let the truth affect one's thinking.  So what that the employees were suspended.  The company is guilty anyway!!!   By association!!!  Or something.....

Hmmmm.....now had the opposite happened I am sure we would be hearing about how the company fostered an atmosphere of hate, intolerance and prejudice.....but that's just my opinion.

Bull of the Woods
12 minutes ago, Civilwarbuff said:

Hmmmm.....now had the opposite happened I am sure we would be hearing about how the company fostered an atmosphere of hate, intolerance and prejudice.....but that's just my opinion.

What would the "opposite" have been?

William
Staff
36 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

You make a point that they are simply attacking a hat, it's not just a hat that they are attacking but what it represents - a party that supports the right to life and the right to act upon or exercise our Christian faith.

No surprise to me, the left demonstrates no respect for the flag, why would they show respect for the idea of making America great again?

godsquadgeek
1 hour ago, Bull of the Woods said:

did someone say the company did?  Or you just being contrarian?

Civilwarbuff
58 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

What would the "opposite" have been?

Come on, man.  Playing the part of 'ignorant' does not become you.  Had Cheesecake Factory been run by outspoken conservatives and employees behaved similarly to those thought to be promoting leftist ideals we would be hearing of calls for boycotts, marches and legislation to prevent such occurences again.  Maybe you remember the 'boycott' against Chik-fil-a for their stance on SSM IIRC?

Bull of the Woods
3 minutes ago, Civilwarbuff said:

Come on, man.  Playing the part of 'ignorant' does not become you.  Had Cheesecake Factory been run by outspoken conservatives and employees behaved similarly to those thought to be promoting leftist ideals we would be hearing of calls for boycotts, marches and legislation to prevent such occurences again.  Maybe you remember the 'boycott' against Chik-fil-a for their stance on SSM IIRC?

I honestly wasn't sure how opposite you meant. Opposite kind of business and or opposite kind of patron.

I have heard Starbucks is liberal. The other I know nothing about. I don't seek out info as much as a lot of people on stuff like that.

Civilwarbuff
10 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I honestly wasn't sure how opposite you meant. Opposite kind of business and or opposite kind of patron.

I have heard Starbucks is liberal. The other I know nothing about. I don't seek out info as much as a lot of people on stuff like that.

It was cheese cake factory, not starbucks.  Just a suggestion but you might want to know your facts before you jump in head first.

Civilwarbuff
13 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

The other I know nothing about.

I find it hard to believe that a hardcore political nut such as yourself missed this:

Chick-fil-A same-sex marriage controversy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

220px-PC_Chick-Fil-A_2012-08-01.jpg

"Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day" held on August 1, 2012 in Port Charlotte, Florida.

The Chick-fil-A same-sex marriage controversy was a controversial topic focused around the American fast food restaurant Chick-fil-A following a series of public comments made in June 2012 by chief operating officer Dan T. Cathy opposing same-sex marriage.

This followed reports that Chick-fil-A's charitable endeavor, the S. Truett Cathy-operated WinShape Foundation, had donated millions of dollars to political organizations seen by LGBT activists as hostile to LGBT rights. Activists called for protests and boycotts, while supporters of the restaurant chain and opponents of same-sex marriage ate there in support of the restaurant. National political figures both for and against the actions spoke out and some business partners severed ties with the chain.

The outcome of the controversy was mixed, as Chick-fil-A's sales rose 12 percent, to $4.6 billion, in the period immediately following the controversy. However, Chick-fil-A released a statement in July 2012 stating, "Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."[1] In March 2014, tax filings for 2012 showed the group stopped funding all but one organization which had been previously criticized.[2]

Wiki

Bull of the Woods
5 minutes ago, Civilwarbuff said:

It was cheese cake factory, not starbucks.  Just a suggestion but you might want to know your facts before you jump in head first.

I knew that. But someone mentioned Starbucks in the thread and I wrote I know about Starbucks.

Pouty Puppy
8 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

Why didn't he call the cops? These employees allegedly hit him! I hope someone at his table used their cell to capture all this. Good for Cheesecake Factory for suspending these bullies. After the investigation they should be fired. 

Their behavior validates the slogan I read on a sticker today.   "LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS" 

• Like 1

Uncle Siggy
12 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

And the Chick-Fil-A that is close to my house is still doing booming business while others around them are going out of business, Abuelos was the latest casualty about 6 weeks ago...

• Like 2

Bull of the Woods
12 hours ago, Pouty Puppy said:

Why didn't he call the cops? These employees allegedly hit him! I hope someone at his table used their cell to capture all this. Good for Cheesecake Factory for suspending these bullies. After the investigation they should be fired. 

Their behavior validates the slogan I read on a sticker today.   "LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL ILLNESS" 

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/nyregion/man-threatens-spanish-language-video.html

There are plenty of nuts for all political bents to have their share.

godsquadgeek
17 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

but conservatives are many times christian and the persecution between the two is very very similar.  For example this persecution is often worse than a christian wearing a "what would Jesus Do?"  hat for example.  Politics and religion however in many ways exhibit similarities because they have the tendency to be offensive. To say someone is a sinner is offensive.  To say illegal immigration is morally wrong is offensive.  But both are true statements. 

godsquadgeek
16 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

57 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/nyregion/man-threatens-spanish-language-video.html

There are plenty of nuts for all political bents to have their share.

4 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

And the Chick-Fil-A that is close to my house is still doing booming business while others around them are going out of business, Abuelos was the latest casualty about 6 weeks ago...

Eugenior Joseph is suing Cheesecake Factory for the abuse.

Eugenior and his attorney went on FOX Business Network this afternoon to discuss the case.

Eugenior’s lawyer Mathew Staver told FBN that several employees were involved in the abuse. Staver is suing Cheesecake Factory saying the abuse was a combination of politics, ethnicity and race. Staver added that this is beyond common decency to make customers feel unsafe and to refer to them with racial slurs.

width_678.jpg

here is you tube video:

Edited by godsquadgeek

Pouty Puppy
5 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Same in my hometown. Sometimes the cars are wrapped around the building and line into the parking lot of the neighboring hardware store. 

The LGBTQ lobby didn't shut them down for their Christian beliefs. If anything they helped gain them more business. Because after that sit in and protest the LGBTQ committed to in my area business picked up on that day and continuing forward. Whereas prior it was still busy but not anywhere near the customers it had on the day of the protest and moving forward. Their dining room is at times SRO. I love that. 

Papa Zoom

All I'm saying is that IF the company was not involved in the incident and IF they took appropriate actions after learning of the incident, this is a non story.  IF OTOH the company allowed a culture of such things, and/or if the company didn't respond appropriately, different story.  I just don't want to be like some of the liberals who jump on such stories and make more out of them than is actually there.