SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Dan_79

The unforgivable sin

Dan_79

Can anyone confirm or deny please whether this sin refers to race mixing (miscegenation)?

Thanks

Edited by Dan_79

davidtaylorjr
20 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

Can anyone confirm or deny please whether this sin refers to race mixing (miscegenation)?

Thanks

It definitely has nothing to do with that. There is only one race. 

We do not see from Scripture a ban on intermarrying between races as a universal directive.

• Like 3

theophilus

The unforgiveable sin is called blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  To understand what this means looke at the context in which it is spoken of.  Jesus had been performing miracles by the power of the Spirit and the religious leaders accused him of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons.  They were speaking evil of the Spirit by calling him a demon.  Other sins will remain unforgiven if they are not repented of but this sin cannot be forgiven.

• Like 3

Dan_79

Ok thanks guys! Really appreciate it.

I was pondering adamic man having the holy spirit in him (gen) and if it was miscegenation (permenant adulteration of adams seed) that was what is being reffered to.

“ If any man see his brother sin
a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.”

“ 31 Wherefore
I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but
the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And
whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but
whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither
in this world, neither in the world to come. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit"

Thanks

Edited by Dan_79

glf

In all of recorded history; no people has maintained their national identity, language, religion, or culture for more that five hundred years after being mingled with another people, except one.  And that One, Israel, was returned to their original homeland after almost two thousand years, just as Jesus prophesied.  For a believer to be unequally yoked, it has to be with the lost; for what fellowship has light with darkness. So mixed racial marriage is the norm for anyone who is mingled with another of the races of man.  We are all descended from both Adam and Noah and as such; we are, all of us, equal to one another before the Lord.  The Lord is not a respecter of persons, to prefer one over another, so it is not a sin, at all, to marry one of another race.

Edited by glf
add a point
  • Like 1

glf
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, Dan_79 said:

Ok thanks guys! Really appreciate it.

I was pondering adamic man having the holy spirit in him (gen) and if it was miscegenation (permenant adulteration of adams seed) that was what is being reffered to.

“ If any man see his brother sin
a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.”

“ 31 Wherefore
I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but
the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And
whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but
whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither
in this world, neither in the world to come. 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit"

Thanks

Rev 19:22  "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

Just Mike

Moses was married to a dark skin woman if Scripture forbade interracial marriage then Moses teaches us it is A OK.

I caution people of different Christian Denominations that this can cause real issues when considering marriage. Often there is a big enough issue to cause division in the marriage that might be able to bring closeness. Its best to seek out a marriage partners within our or as close to possible denomination. If one person believes in speaking in a "heavenly language" and the other feels its ended and its wrong to do so, there can be a real problem.  Perhaps one is a Assembly of God member and the other a Baptist and the issue of God keeping us eternally secure, and the other says we can loose our salvation, that can be a problem.

To consider marring a person that is not a Christian is IMO a huge mistake and against Scripture, we are not to be unequally joined in marriage.

Mikey
On 5/14/2018 at 8:48 AM, Dan_79 said:

You are actually spot on... but it's not what most think.

Here is your clue...

Daniel 2:43

"And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay"

The Human Race is going to mingle themselves. With who?

There are many theories. Aliens, Spirits, Devils etc.

Bottom line, we are talking Transhumanism. The Mark of the Beast. The ultimate Unpardonable Sin.

CDF47
On 5/14/2018 at 12:34 PM, theophilus said:

The unforgiveable sin is called blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.  To understand what this means looke at the context in which it is spoken of.  Jesus had been performing miracles by the power of the Spirit and the religious leaders accused him of casting out demons by the power of the prince of demons.  They were speaking evil of the Spirit by calling him a demon.  Other sins will remain unforgiven if they are not repented of but this sin cannot be forgiven.

I agree that this is the unforgivable sin.

Just Mike

There is only Unforgivable sin. Rejecting Jesus Christ, in other words not being one of the Elect. All other sins are able to be forgiven.

Knotical
55 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

There is only Unforgivable sin. Rejecting Jesus Christ, in other words not being one of the Elect. All other sins are able to be forgiven.

Not being part of the elect is not a sin, much less the unforgivable sin, which has already been established by @theophilus.  I know this will certainly send us down the OSAS rabbit hole, but if you actually believe in the doctrine of the elect, then you must know that it is not something that we choose to be a part of.  When you are elect, then it is because you were chosen, and you don't even find out that you were part of the elect until after this realization was imparted to you by the Holy Spirit, at which point there really is no decision to be made, or rejection of Christ that is possible.

• Toast 1

Solas

Even Jesus had some mixture... Rahab, Ruth etc. Heck, if we start from Noah onward we are all mixed...up. lol

• Haha 1