SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Pouty Puppy

Obama, Muslim, Christian or nothing?

Pouty Puppy
2 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Obama is not a Muslim.

We are instructed to pray for those in authority, not necessarily revere them.

Obama is a Muslim. Christians don't attend Koran school , nor do they give monetary support to Iran, nor do they revere the Azan. 

Advice from that which does not pray for Trump, but slander him and condemn him with every keystroke have no right to teach what the scriptures say when that ilk violates them. Don't tell this Christian what we're to do in being obedient to scripture. 

• Like 2

Bull of the Woods
20 minutes ago, Pouty Puppy said:

Obama is a Muslim. Christians don't attend Koran school , nor do they give monetary support to Iran, nor do they revere the Azan. 

Advice from that which does not pray for Trump, but slander him and condemn him with every keystroke have no right to teach what the scriptures say when that ilk violates them. Don't tell this Christian what we're to do in being obedient to scripture. 

You know I don't pray for Trump?

Obama's schooling as a child was at the direction of family. A child rarely has much choice there. I am and was no fan of Obama. 

Obama is not a Muslim. But if he had run into some kinds of Christians as a young adult he might not have been blamed for becoming one. But he didn't.

th1bill
On 5/7/2018 at 12:07 AM, Potluck said:

Can we at least compromise on that?

Maybe say Obama supports the fundamental beliefs of Islam perhaps but is not himself a Muslim?

More compromise.

Maybe not so much "instructed" but rather say scripture "somewhat suggests" we pray for those in authority?

Not everybody believes scripture so let's meet them half way.

If I ever choose to turn tail on YHWH, Yashuah and Ruach, the Triune Elohim of the Jew and the Christian Believers... YES... but, since I voluntarily allowed Yashuah to puncture my Spiritual Left Ear, I'm believing that by this time you now I ain't never going to join you or anyone else in trying to compromise anything the Ruach has taught me about the Word of YHWH.

Now,there is a principal taught in scripture teaching folks that worship Yashua, YHWH and Ruach that we should trust and believe a man until and if he is proven a liar about that one thing.  Barry, in this composition and several other Digitally Recorded Film Clips has made his position on Religion, a really nasty word to our Savior and to any in Fellowship with Him, and again Religion is nothing Jesus established, nor is He pleased with it.

Compromise on the truth?  As soon as anyone does that they mold the truth into a Bald Faced Lie and a Servant/Slave never does that to the Master.  Sorry, but no.

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

Pouty Puppy

Pouty Puppy

This is how the astute know Obama was, as President, and remains, Muslim!

maya-angelou-quote.jpg

Truth, as in the other video provided by Bill Taylor, in pictures. 

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff
8 minutes ago, Pouty Puppy said:

This is how the astute know Obama was, as President, and remains, Muslim!

maya-angelou-quote.jpg

Truth, as in the other video provided by Bill Taylor, in pictures. 

While I can say this does not prove that Obama is a muslim I am wondering if he has ever extolled the virtues of Christianity to the same extent?  TTBOMK the answer to that question is no; does anyone have a similar montage that would show otherwise?

• Like 2

Civilwarbuff
2 minutes ago, Becky said:

Maybe a thread on Obama's 'faith' is in order. 

I am not willing to take someone's stated faith to task and call it into question but I am curious to know, especially from Obama supporters, has he come out extolling the virtues of Christianity in the same manner he has for Muslims?  Personally, I can only recall disparaging remarks he has made about Christianity which is why I asked.  Maybe someone out there has a montage of him making positive remarks about Christianity and his own Christian faith.  If so, I would like to see it presented.

• Like 1

Potluck
4 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

Compromise on the truth?  As soon as anyone does that they mold the truth into a Bald Faced Lie and a Servant/Slave never does that to the Master.  Sorry, but no.

That was the whole point. There can be no compromise to truth. Satan did that in the Garden... mixed a little truth with a lie. These days in political circles it's called plausible deniability.

Bull of the Woods
5 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

If I ever choose to turn tail on YHWH, Yashuah and Ruach, the Triune Elohim of the Jew and the Christian Believers... YES... but, since I voluntarily allowed Yashuah to puncture my Spiritual Left Ear, I'm believing that by this time you now I ain't never going to join you or anyone else in trying to compromise anything the Ruach has taught me about the Word of YHWH.

Now,there is a principal taught in scripture teaching folks that worship Yashua, YHWH and Ruach that we should trust and believe a man until and if he is proven a liar about that one thing.  Barry, in this composition and several other Digitally Recorded Film Clips has made his position on Religion, a really nasty word to our Savior and to any in Fellowship with Him, and again Religion is nothing Jesus established, nor is He pleased with it.

Obama did not write that quoted line.

SOME of the words are found on page 261 of The Audacity of Hope.

There is a spurious email that has gone around saying Obama said or wrote this.

In context he was addressing a couple groups of immigrants and saying he would not let them be mistreated. He didn't even use the word "Muslim". 

He did not say what is attributed to him. Not in these words or in any equivalent meaning.

Page 261

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Innerfire89

I don't know what Obama is, but I remember right around the time he became president there a whole thing about him attending a church service where the preacher talked a bunch of anti white hate speech. But that could've been a Nation of Islam meeting or the black Hebrew thing or something another.

But we know he wasn't a Christian, not by his fruits anyway.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

th1bill
46 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

In context he was addressing a couple groups of immigrants and saying he would not let them be mistreated. He didn't even use the word "Muslim". 

He did not say what is attributed to him. Not in these words or in any equivalent meaning.

Page 261

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

I am very sorry you choose not to reply to the videos I linked you to and to, instead, prove yourself unworthy of intelligent discourse.  Don't bother to answer me any more, keep your promise!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

th1bill
10 minutes ago, Innerfire89 said:

I don't know what Obama is, but I remember right around the time he became president there a whole thing about him attending a church service where the preacher talked a bunch of anti white hate speech. But that could've been a Nation of Islam meeting or the black Hebrew thing or something another.

But we know he wasn't a Christian, not by his fruits anyway.

No, you're right.

• Like 1

William
Staff

What kind of Christian is this? A flash from the past:

• Like 2

Bull of the Woods
1 hour ago, Bill Taylor said:

I am very sorry you choose not to reply to the videos I linked you to and to, instead, prove yourself unworthy of intelligent discourse.  Don't bother to answer me any more, keep your promise!

I don't know what videos you refer to that you linked me to. I will take a look around.

The Obama quote in the post I referred to didn't seem right and I checked it out and it isn't right. It's something someone went out of their way to fabricate. To intentionally deceive, not to help.

That is all. 

It wasn't a simple mistake or misquote.

Becky
8 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

Bill, i split the thread the videos may not be around can you repost. Thanks Becky

Becky

If i remember correctly Obama sat under this guys teaching for 20 years. 

In March 2008, ABC News released a story examining the sermons of Obama's long-time pastor, Jeremiah Wright, in which Wright denounced the United States and accused the government of crimes against people of color.[7][8] Wright had said, among other things, "God damn America" for its racism and "for killing innocent people."[6] Obama had begun distancing himself from Wright when he called his pastor the night before the February 2007 announcement of Obama's presidential candidacy to withdraw his request that Wright deliver an invocation at the event. However, Wright did attend the announcement, prayed with Obama beforehand, and was named to the Obama campaign's African American Religious Leadership Committee.[9][10] When several videos of Wright's Christmas sermon appeared on YouTube in the first week of March 2008,[11] Obama responded by going further than he had before, "vehemently disagree[ing with] and strongly condemn[ing]... inflammatory and appalling remarks Wright made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents."[12] On March 14, the campaign announced that "Rev. Wright is no longer serving on the African American Religious Leadership Committee."[13]

From the news i see Obama as a guy who is nothing spiritually, my perception is he does not have the backbone to be fully committed. He reads to me like he floats where ever he is, a empty shell of a man. 

I donit trust the news media in anything they say pro or con about any one. 

I see nothing Christian in Wright. Just as i see nothing Christian Obama.

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 
Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 
Eph 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 

I detest spineless men who will not stand for what they believe. 

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

Uncle Siggy
13 minutes ago, Becky said:

He had to lie or Hilliary would have ended up being the candidate instead of him...

• Like 3

Pouty Puppy
9 hours ago, Becky said:

In March 2008, ABC News released a story examining the sermons of Obama's long-time pastor, Jeremiah Wright, in which Wright denounced the United States and accused the government of crimes against people of color.[7][8] Wright had said, among other things, "God damn America" for its racism and "for killing innocent people."[6] Obama had begun distancing himself from Wright when he called his pastor the night before the February 2007 announcement of Obama's presidential candidacy to withdraw his request that Wright deliver an invocation at the event. However, Wright did attend the announcement, prayed with Obama beforehand, and was named to the Obama campaign's African American Religious Leadership Committee.[9][10] When several videos of Wright's Christmas sermon appeared on YouTube in the first week of March 2008,[11] Obama responded by going further than he had before, "vehemently disagree[ing with] and strongly condemn[ing]... inflammatory and appalling remarks Wright made about our country, our politics, and my political opponents."[12] On March 14, the campaign announced that "Rev. Wright is no longer serving on the African American Religious Leadership Committee."[13]

From the news i see Obama as a guy who is nothing spiritually, my perception is he does not have the backbone to be fully committed. He reads to me like he floats where ever he is, a empty shell of a man. 

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 
Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 
Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 
Eph 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 

After Obama released Jeremiah Wright from his campaign , the man Obama claimed to have been his pastor for over 20 years, and then prior to releasing Wright claimed he had no idea the man he claimed he called "uncle", was racist, retired from the pulpit of Trinity United Church of Christ,  a millionaire!

Tinley Park near Chicago in the suburbs is a nearly all white gated community.

Google Map & picture of Wright's custom built mansion (Wright's mansion is the one pictured at the back of the U shaped drive)

The Senior Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ (TUCC), a megachurch in Chicago with around 10,000 members, lives here. In early 2008, he retired to this $1.6M home after 36 years as the pastor of his congregation and no longer has daily responsibilities at the church. He is probably best known now as being Barrack Obama’s former pastor.

• Like 1

Pouty Puppy
9 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

He had to lie or Hilliary would have ended up being the candidate instead of him...

And yet, they are both liars and enemies of America. And Obama picked Hillary to serve as his Secretary of State. And we know how that worked out. 

The illegal server in her basement was there because her boss told her to put it there. If they ever investigate Hillary for that again, her former boss should be right there beside her answering questions as to why! Like we don't know it was because a private server has no federal record of operations on that server logged. 

Because when you're a traitor, you can't leave a paper trail. 

• Like 2

th1bill
13 hours ago, Becky said:

This is called Sexist by the Liberal Fools but in reality, it as naught to do with the Marriage Bed.

Dad taught me a few things when he considered me a man, at 15.  The first was except I had fifty dollars for a Preacher, Priest or the JP, to keep my fly hidden behind my five inch tall Rodeo Buckle... I did poorly there and did and do my best to teach young men from 12 to their early 30s this truth and the second one.  On the same night I learned the lesson that left him smiling proudly with his handkerchief and his Rimless, solid glass glasses in his hand, wiping away the tears of fear two years later.

He taught me that if I loved anything from a woman to my nation that I would, willingly die for them.  These are forgotten and ignored biblical truths that are unheard today!

Truthfrees

i've never heard obama say Jesus is his Lord and Savior

going to a church and calling someone your pastor is not the same thing

dinesh d'souza made a movie about obama and his beliefs that exposed obama as a muslim in his ideology

https://politichicks.com/2015/06/did-dinesh-dsouzas-predictions-in-2016-obamas-america-come-true/

check out this 8 minute video about what dinesh predicted obama would do to america

dinesh was a political advisor for reagan

• Like 1

RazeontheRock
On 5/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, Bull of the Woods said:

Page 261

A distinction without a difference.

• Like 1

RazeontheRock
On 5/13/2018 at 9:06 AM, Uncle Siggy said:

It is not too soon to convict him of treason, nor is it too late

• Like 1

Truth7t7

Obama, Traitor to the United States, as he freed 5 terroist that killed again, for a Bergdahl traitor.

Obama is a Muslim, Commie, who like hanging out with Hugo Chavez, and Raul Castro.

Edited by Truth7t7