SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
godsquadgeek

A thread to discuss fake news

godsquadgeek

review.jpg

• Like 2

godsquadgeek
1 hour ago, CDF47 said:

Operation Mockingbird run by the CIA gives an idea of past government propaganda in the news media.  I think it is worse today than ever.  Below is more information on Operation Mockingbird:

http://www.theblackvault.com/documentarchive/operation-mockingbird/#

I am familiar with it, but am unsure if it is still active. Do you have any better or more widely used sources on that?

CDF47
35 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

I am familiar with it, but am unsure if it is still active. Do you have any better or more widely used sources on that?

Below is more information:

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

I've read books with chapters dedicated to the topic.  There are also videos covering it on youtube.  I am almost sure it is still going on today.  It is a part of the fake news in my opinion and something governments typically do, try to control the press.  6 companies own all the major media sources in the US so the control is not that difficult.

• Like 1

godsquadgeek
24 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

Below is more information:

http://www.carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

I've read books with chapters dedicated to the topic.  There are also videos covering it on youtube.  I am almost sure it is still going on today.  It is a part of the fake news in my opinion and something governments typically do, try to control the press.  6 companies own all the major media sources in the US so the control is not that difficult.

This is a quote, basically admitting that the CIA has cut back.

■ The use of journalists has been among the most productive means of intelligence‑gathering employed by the CIA. Although the Agency has cut back sharply on the use of reporters since 1973 primarily as a result of pressure from the media), some journalist‑operatives are still posted abroad.

I don't question that the government has no affect on media, but it typically does so by brainwashing society and education systems rather than through a single operative.

Bull of the Woods

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/us/politics/mike-pompeo-iran-deal-north-korea.amp.html

Actually its also fake news to say the Times characterized Pompeo as "AWOL". Trump got that wrong.

I don't see any implying Pompeo just took off unknown and without permission. Is there some Times story I am not finding?

They stated in their article where he was going. They stated he was for sure working on arranging the summit site and date. 

They stated he may be bringing the hostages back.

The story was about the fact that Trump was declaring an end to the Iranian agreement which had a lot of countries wanting clarification without getting it because the Secretary of State was not available to direct things. 

It worked out well for the hostages. 

I don't know if interested countries and the US have worked on what is next regarding Iran.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Bull of the Woods

I think Trump saw Howard Kurtz mischaracterize the Times story. Kurtz said the Times said Pompeo was AWOL. But they didn't. That was fake news. Trump didn't bother to really figure it out because it was on Fox News.

And so he just repeated the AWOL

line. 

Bull of the Woods
18 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I think Trump saw Howard Kurtz mischaracterize the Times story. Kurtz said the Times said Pompeo was AWOL. But they didn't. That was fake news. Trump didn't bother to really figure it out because it was on Fox News. Or he liked the AWOL line even though it was not reflective of the Times story.

And so he just repeated the AWOL

line. 

CDF47
3 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

This is a quote, basically admitting that the CIA has cut back.

■ The use of journalists has been among the most productive means of intelligence‑gathering employed by the CIA. Although the Agency has cut back sharply on the use of reporters since 1973 primarily as a result of pressure from the media), some journalist‑operatives are still posted abroad.

I don't question that the government has no affect on media, but it typically does so by brainwashing society and education systems rather than through a single operative.

They say they cut back but I think they actually increased their efforts.  They are very deceptive, as every intelligence agency typically is.

Edited by CDF47

godsquadgeek
46 minutes ago, CDF47 said:

They say they cut back but I think they actually increased their efforts.  They are very deceptive, as every intelligence agency typically is.

I doubt it.  No evidence this old program is even in affect.  Too risky. Much easier for the enemy to deceive the masses instead through the education systems.  Evolution, humanism, liberalism. 

CDF47
1 hour ago, godsquadgeek said:

I doubt it.  No evidence this old program is even in affect.  Too risky. Much easier for the enemy to deceive the masses instead through the education systems.  Evolution, humanism, liberalism. 

The CIA and the FBI are not squeaky clean agencies.  Just look at the dragnet surveillance programs the NSA and FBI denied existed for all those years.  Look at the CIA Project MK Ultra from the past or FBI COINTELPRO.  Look into government harassment programs (https://fightgangstalking.com/what-is-gang-stalking/) going on today.  I think an operation like Mockingbird is almost a sure bet, especially today more than ever.

Uncle Siggy
17 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

review.jpg

I wonder how long Pompeo was out of the medias sight before they declared him missing???

I wonder if they called 911? :RpS_blink: 

(I somehow doubt that)... :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

godsquadgeek
8 hours ago, CDF47 said:

The CIA and the FBI are not squeaky clean agencies.  Just look at the dragnet surveillance programs the NSA and FBI denied existed for all those years.  Look at the CIA Project MK Ultra from the past or FBI COINTELPRO.  Look into government harassment programs (https://fightgangstalking.com/what-is-gang-stalking/) going on today.  I think an operation like Mockingbird is almost a sure bet, especially today more than ever.

sorry, there is no evidence of it.  Just because they spied on americans does not mean they own the newspapers.  I typically rule out conspiracy theories right off the bat, unless they are provable.  And then they aren't conspiracy theories any more.  other conspiracies I reject: that the government was behind 9/11, that the moon landing was fake, that chem trails are poisoning the world.   But I am not going to address this topic anymore as it's veering off of topic of fake news.  If you create a thread on it, we can continue to discuss this there. 

Edited by godsquadgeek

Becky
38 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

sorry, there is no evidence of it.  Just because they spied on americans does not mean they own the newspapers

Just because they spied on Americans does not mean they don't own the newspapers. 

There is just so much we don't know . We can make good guesses, Joe Citizen is not an important figure in the world of the media. 

godsquadgeek
8 minutes ago, Becky said:

Just because they spied on Americans does not mean they don't own the newspapers. 

There is just so much we don't know . We can make good guesses, Joe Citizen is not an important figure in the world of the media. 

and it's possible the moon landing was faked, or the earth is flat.  But where does the evidence lead?

Becky

Depends on how, where, etc the evidence comes from.  I do not think the earth is flat nor the moon landing fake. 

• Like 2

Becky

I have posted this often.  My doubts of the media are 60 years old . The photo of Elizabeth Taylor being different on 2 Hollywood magazines . Same picture her dress in one was cut for a bit more cleavage then the other. Which was correct i don't know.

Just about a life time of doubt.  

The photos  saying  review.jpgI did not see the NY times to know they used the term AWOL . Did they or is this fake? We know there is a difference between the words missing , unavailable for commit or AWOL.  Guess i  will look for the NYT peace to find how they phraised it. 

Bull of the Woods
2 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

I wonder how long Pompeo was out of the medias sight before they declared him missing???

I wonder if they called 911? :RpS_blink: 

(I somehow doubt that)... :classic_biggrin:

I posted the New York Times article. They NEVER implied Pompeo was missing or AWOL. Some guy in FoxNews named Howard Kurtz completely misconstrued the article and a said they declared Pompeo AWOL when the article said NOTHING of the sort. Then a certain avid Fox News fan saw it and posted the same erroneous twisting of the Times Story. Kurtz created fake news and the President ran with it.

• Best Answer 1

CDF47
2 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

sorry, there is no evidence of it.  Just because they spied on americans does not mean they own the newspapers.  I typically rule out conspiracy theories right off the bat, unless they are provable.  And then they aren't conspiracy theories any more.  other conspiracies I reject: that the government was behind 9/11, that the moon landing was fake, that chem trails are poisoning the world.   But I am not going to address this topic anymore as it's veering off of topic of fake news.  If you create a thread on it, we can continue to discuss this there. 

I don't believe in a fake moon landing or chem trails or aliens either.  However, there is past proof of the US government infiltrating the press.  It is propaganda and all governments do it.  I believe this is a big part of the fake news.  I suggest you read "Into The Buzzsaw: LEADING JOURNALISTS EXPOSE THE MYTH OF A FREE PRESS."  It is a very interesting book and worth reading for anyone.

Edited by CDF47

CDF47
1 hour ago, godsquadgeek said:

and it's possible the moon landing was faked, or the earth is flat.  But where does the evidence lead?

That is a huge leap going from the CIA propaganda machine, which we know they did in the past, to talking about a flat earth and fake moon landing.  

Edited by CDF47

Becky
6 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I posted the New York Times article. They NEVER implied Pompeo was missing or AWOL. Some guy in FoxNews named Howard Kurtz completely misconstrued the article and a said they declared Pompeo AWOL when the article said NOTHING of the sort. Then a certain avid Fox News fan saw it and posted the same erroneous twisting of the Times Story. Kurtz created fake news and the President ran with it.

That would be fun comedy for SNL . I want my real news source to above those word games. If conservatories dont demand real truth from " their news source" it will be as contaminated as the liberal's, if it is not already. 

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods
4 minutes ago, Becky said:

That would be fun comedy for SNL . I want my real news source to above those word games. If conservatories dont demand real truth from " their news source" it will be as contaminated as the liberal's, if it is not already. 

To be fair the article implied it was not the best coordination of the State Department and the President. The thought being the summit and release of the hostages is important and the ending of the Iranian agreement is very significant and the Secretary of State would have been useful for both events, and one could have occurred a day or two differently to allow that.

But no one said Pompeo was AWOL.

• Like 1

godsquadgeek
20 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/08/us/politics/mike-pompeo-iran-deal-north-korea.amp.html

Actually its also fake news to say the Times characterized Pompeo as "AWOL". Trump got that wrong.

I don't see any implying Pompeo just took off unknown and without permission. Is there some Times story I am not finding?

They stated in their article where he was going. They stated he was for sure working on arranging the summit site and date. 

They stated he may be bringing the hostages back.

The story was about the fact that Trump was declaring an end to the Iranian agreement which had a lot of countries wanting clarification without getting it because the Secretary of State was not available to direct things. 

It worked out well for the hostages. 

I don't know if interested countries and the US have worked on what is next regarding Iran.

right in the headlines they implied he was thousands of miles away, or AWOL.

At a Key Moment, Trump’s Top Diplomat Is Again Thousands of Miles Away

need I read more.  

godsquadgeek
5 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

To be fair the article implied it was not the best coordination of the State Department and the President. The thought being the summit and release of the hostages is important and the ending of the Iranian agreement is very significant and the Secretary of State would have been useful for both events, and one could have occurred a day or two differently to allow that.

But no one said Pompeo was AWOL.

5 hours ago, Becky said:

I proved you wrong BULL, see my post. it was fake news.  fake news is like when they imply something on purpose, knowing it will be misconstrued.  In this article They implied the politician was away from the action when that was false. He was closer to the action than we are. 

godsquadgeek
5 hours ago, CDF47 said:

I don't believe in a fake moon landing or chem trails or aliens either.  However, there is past proof of the US government infiltrating the press.  It is propaganda and all governments do it.  I believe this is a big part of the fake news.  I suggest you read "Into The Buzzsaw: LEADING JOURNALISTS EXPOSE THE MYTH OF A FREE PRESS."  It is a very interesting book and worth reading for anyone.

well this is a common fallacy.  If someone does something in the past, that proves they are doing it now.  It's called poisoning the well.  And I am surely glad Jesus does not do that with us, aren't you?

Edited by godsquadgeek