SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
godsquadgeek

Second amendment school walkout

godsquadgeek

stoneman-douglas-school-shooting-student

Students from 300 schools have pledged to walk out of class May 2 in support of a pro-gun “Stand for the Second” event.

“Stand for the Second” was organized by Will Riley, who is a senior in New Mexico’s Carlsbad High School.

For the past month, Americans have been subjected to wall-to-wall cable news coverage of a well-orchestrated campaign to dismantle the Second Amendment.

https://truepundit.com/students-from-300-schools-pledge-to-walk-out-of-class-in-stand-for-the-second-event/

review.jpg

• Like 1

godsquadgeek

review.jpg

oops facts do it again.  Darn, this sounded so good in the headlines. 

Edited by godsquadgeek
  • Like 1

Potluck

Using children like this is nothing new to the democratic party. They play on the ol' heartstrings, feelings, where facts are not welcome.

You'll get something like:

"How do you feel about allowing people to have guns that are made for the sole purpose of killing?"

If one says "I believe it's OK" then they risk insinuating they are OK with killing.

Presentation. Very important.

I think it's safe to say David Hogg is being coached.

And I think it's safe to say that Cameron Kasky, who said to Senator Marco Rubio in a CNN hosted townhall, "'It's Hard to Look at You and Not See the Barrel of an AR-15...", was also coached.

• Like 3
  • Best Answer 1

godsquadgeek
12 hours ago, Potluck said:

Using children like this is nothing new to the democratic party. They play on the ol' heartstrings, feelings, where facts are not welcome.

You'll get something like:

"How do you feel about allowing people to have guns that are made for the sole purpose of killing?"

If one says "I believe it's OK" then they risk insinuating they are OK with killing.

Presentation. Very important.

I think it's safe to say David Hogg is being coached.

And I think it's safe to say that Cameron Kasky, who said to Senator Marco Rubio in a CNN hosted townhall, "'It's Hard to Look at You and Not See the Barrel of an AR-15...", was also coached.

this is a good walkout, it was pro gun.  Thats why it's unique.  But the schools did not support it, they issued unexcused absences for those who attended.  Where with the other walkouts they allowed them to go excused. 

• Like 1

William
Staff

Conservatives crack me up on this issue. I mean implementing a social program of the left like mandatory education. Is it only me or does anyone else see the irony in mandating public education and then hiring illegal immigrants to perform remedial jobs? If you didn't have public education then lots of illiterate people would perform such tasks. For example, during the last election the left claimed that illegals are needed to perform remedial jobs, and in my interpretation that's because everyone else on paper is overly qualified.

I know my musing is kinda far fetched, by why would anyone want to send their children to a public school system which educates their children in a worldview that is against just about everything they believe in? If a specific grade level has, say, 1000 students, that's 1000 teachers we are subjecting our own children to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for private and home schooling. Otherwise, I think it would be far more beneficial to bring up children in a trade than indoctrinating them in leftist ideology.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Uncle Siggy
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:16 PM, godsquadgeek said:

stoneman-douglas-school-shooting-student

Students from 300 schools have pledged to walk out of class May 2 in support of a pro-gun “Stand for the Second” event.

“Stand for the Second” was organized by Will Riley, who is a senior in New Mexico’s Carlsbad High School.

For the past month, Americans have been subjected to wall-to-wall cable news coverage of a well-orchestrated campaign to dismantle the Second Amendment.

https://truepundit.com/students-from-300-schools-pledge-to-walk-out-of-class-in-stand-for-the-second-event/

review.jpg

The parents should send notes with their kids back to the school saying "I have no intention of letting my child participate in detention or any other punitive activities you have planned for him/her, now or in the future because of this episode or any others"...

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods
17 hours ago, William said:

Conservatives crack me up on this issue. I mean implementing a social program of the left like mandatory education. Is it only me or does anyone else see the irony in mandating public education and then hiring illegal immigrants to perform remedial jobs? If you didn't have public education then lots of illiterate people would perform such tasks. For example, during the last election the left claimed that illegals are needed to perform remedial jobs, and in my interpretation that's because everyone else on paper is overly qualified.

I know my musing is kinda far fetched, by why would anyone want to send their children to a public school system which educates their children in a worldview that is against just about everything they believe in? If a specific grade level has, say, 1000 students, that's 1000 teachers we are subjecting our own children to.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for private and home schooling. Otherwise, I think it would be far more beneficial to bring up children in a trade than indoctrinating them in leftist ideology.

God bless,

William

My wife and I have six children. All did their k-12 in public schools. Four graduated from a Christian college. Two were hands on kind of guys and are successfully using their skills and talents.

All of my kids are believers. The four married so far are married to believers. Sound believers.

Some attended evening bible studies at a public school teacher's house. They were in clubs like campus crusade and Christian Athletes. 

There were many times my kids were sought out by teachers and asked why they were so different. The teachers said they admired them. Many wanted to know of our one daughter why she dressed so modestly (not like an old woman but not as a display either), and seemed unconcerned with flirting and things. My daughter had no problem telling them why.

My kids chose other Christian friends primarily, but had some others too. 

I have Christian friends who have home schooled and some who sent their kids to a Christian school. A dear couple who are among our oldest friends are a district court judge and a microbiologist. They sent their kids to a public school with similar outcomes as ours.

I imagine there are a mix of wonderful and terrible outcomes in all the different educational choices.

I think the difference for my family is my wife and I were extremely devoted to our kids and they know it. We were very active in our church life and consistent at home.

IMG_7544.JPG

Edited by Bull of the Woods
  • Like 2

Bull of the Woods

The walkout is interesting. I am not sure freedom of speech isn't more threatened than gun rights.

Usually in more subtle ways.

Civilwarbuff
8 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

The walkout is interesting. I am not sure freedom of speech isn't more threatened than gun rights.

Usually in more subtle ways.

Unfortunately in the past few decades some speech seems to receive more protection than others.....favoritism expressed by the government can be a dangerous thing.

deade
7 minutes ago, Civilwarbuff said:

Unfortunately in the past few decades some speech seems to receive more protection than others.....favoritism expressed by the government can be a dangerous thing.

Especially if that speech does not fit their politically correct mindset. If we say something anti gay, it becomes a hate crime.

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif