Jump to content

SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
godsquadgeek

Why do we need to grant asylum to refugees with newer Iphones than me?

Recommended Posts

godsquadgeek

review.jpg

 

Was looking at pics of the invading caravan when I noticed.... Can someone explain to me why we need to grant asylum and inevitable lifetime financial support to a “refugee” with a newer model iPhone than me?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods

I would think iPhone quality isn't a demerit. I think many talk about getting "quality" immigrants. Maybe that person has a new iPhone because they are educated and have skills and some cash.

The caravan didn't crash against the border and smash it down or clamber over it. They approached the appropriate authorities who will deal with them and let some in and turn some away I believe according to how the law and their supervisors and training dictate.

I haven't read today's updates but that is what I gathered is happening at the border with the remnants of the caravan that the President spoke of many times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
davidtaylorjr
1 hour ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I would think iPhone quality isn't a demerit. I think many talk about getting "quality" immigrants. Maybe that person has a new iPhone because they are educated and have skills and some cash.

The caravan didn't crash against the border and smash it down or clamber over it. They approached the appropriate authorities who will deal with them and let some in and turn some away I believe according to how the law and their supervisors and training dictate.

I haven't read today's updates but that is what I gathered is happening at the border with the remnants of the caravan that the President spoke of many times.

Some were also arrested for jumping the wall.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
2 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I would think iPhone quality isn't a demerit. I think many talk about getting "quality" immigrants. Maybe that person has a new iPhone because they are educated and have skills and some cash.

The caravan didn't crash against the border and smash it down or clamber over it. They approached the appropriate authorities who will deal with them and let some in and turn some away I believe according to how the law and their supervisors and training dictate.

I haven't read today's updates but that is what I gathered is happening at the border with the remnants of the caravan that the President spoke of many times.

Wait a second, these illegal border jumpers crossed all of Mexico safely from Central America Why can't they take asylum there?  And really the problem is not quality of immigration, but the number of immigration.  Let's put it this way, the cost of yearly illegal activity in US pays for a full border wall in 8 months if 100% effective.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Civilwarbuff
56 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

Wait a second, these illegal border jumpers crossed all of Mexico safely from Central America Why can't they take asylum there?  

According to UN accords which I believe Mexico signed that is exactly what they are supposed to do....but Mexico is not as generous with welfare benefits as we are......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Truthfrees
2 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

According to UN accords which I believe Mexico signed that is exactly what they are supposed to do....but Mexico is not as generous with welfare benefits as we are......

mexico has extremely strict immigration laws - lol - mexico would find them unqualified to be granted asylum

 

i heard mexico was giving them $5/day to make their way through mexico to the usa 

Share this post


Link to post
Civilwarbuff

Would not be surprised......us stupid gringo's will let anyone in.......least ways that's what they believe.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods

I access this site with a small apple iPhone.

 

 The various posts in the thread all pile up over one another and I can't make heads or tails out of what anyone has written.

 

I have not been able to resolve this.

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
7 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I access this site with a small apple iPhone.

 

 The various posts in the thread all pile up over one another and I can't make heads or tails out of what anyone has written.

 

I have not been able to resolve this.

Should be resolved now. In the future please try to report such issues in the Suggestions and Questions category.

 

Lemme know if you still have issues.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods

I went crazy and powered my phone down and back on. Tada!

 

So some of the people of this caravan approached the border and are going through the legal process as per US law, at least as the border control folks understand the law. 

 

They haven't shot their way in. They haven't tunneled in.

 

If the border folks let them in it's apparently the laws that must be changed if that is to be stopped in the future. Unless the President can legally do an executive order.

 

The problem isn't these refugees or migrants, whatever they are to be called, it's US law if it really is important to keep them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods
5 hours ago, godsquadgeek said:

Wait a second, these illegal border jumpers crossed all of Mexico safely from Central America Why can't they take asylum there?  And really the problem is not quality of immigration, but the number of immigration.  Let's put it this way, the cost of yearly illegal activity in US pays for a full border wall in 8 months if 100% effective.  

What illegal border jumping law did THESE people break?

 

I still haven't seen a recent update after some legally presented themselves to US agents.

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods

Today:

(Reuters) - A further 49 Central Americans crossed into the United States to seek asylum on Wednesday, part of a high-profile migrant caravan that prompted Attorney General Jeff Sessions to beef up legal resources on the Mexican border.

 

The 49 migrants, including women, children and transgender people who had been waiting at the U.S. gate for about 15 hours, were let through by midday, according to the group's organizers, raising the total number who have crossed to 74.

 

Since Monday, border officials have allowed through only a trickle at a time, saying that the busy San Ysidro crossing to San Diego is saturated and the rest must wait their turn.

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
29 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I went crazy and powered my phone down and back on. Tada!

 

So some of the people of this caravan approached the border and are going through the legal process as per US law, at least as the border control folks understand the law. 

 

They haven't shot their way in. They haven't tunneled in.

 

If the border folks let them in it's apparently the laws that must be changed if that is to be stopped in the future. Unless the President can legally do an executive order.

 

The problem isn't these refugees or migrants, whatever they are to be called, it's US law if it really is important to keep them out. 

so the question is why didn't mexico accept them?

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
27 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

What illegal border jumping law did THESE people break?

 

I still haven't seen a recent update after some legally presented themselves to US agents.

the rule that limits the amount of alien traffic into the country. A country without a border is not a country, so yes, they are supposed to limit them.  I am sure if you google it you can find the laws just as easily as I can, I won't do your homework for you. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
31 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I went crazy and powered my phone down and back on. Tada!

 

So some of the people of this caravan approached the border and are going through the legal process as per US law, at least as the border control folks understand the law. 

 

They haven't shot their way in. They haven't tunneled in.

 

If the border folks let them in it's apparently the laws that must be changed if that is to be stopped in the future. Unless the President can legally do an executive order.

 

The problem isn't these refugees or migrants, whatever they are to be called, it's US law if it really is important to keep them out. 

immigration reform is always at the top of conservatives list, yes.   And hopefully if trump stays in and more judges are nominated, this will be the case, as well as a border wall, pence said yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods
16 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

the rule that limits the amount of alien traffic into the country. A country without a border is not a country, so yes, they are supposed to limit them.  I am sure if you google it you can find the laws just as easily as I can, I won't do your homework for you. 

But THEY are waiting patiently at the border being processed. Some are turned away. No one is crashing the gate. The United States government is deciding who gets in, following the legal process. They are not breaking our laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods
20 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

so the question is why didn't mexico accept them?

I don't know how many of the original caravan made it to the US border. Maybe some will be accepted by Mexico. 

Many immigrants go through Canada on their way here. Does anyone demand Canada to keep them all?

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
1 minute ago, Bull of the Woods said:

But THEY are waiting patiently at the border being processed. Some are turned away. No one is crashing the gate. The United States government is deciding who gets in, following the legal process. They are not breaking our laws.

no one said they were, but since too many illegals are already inside, we need to cut back asylums.  This is what I mean by immigration reform.  But you still refuse to answer why mexico has not accepted them?

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
Just now, Bull of the Woods said:

I don't know how many of the original caravan made it to the US border. Maybe some will be accepted by Mexico. 

Many immigrants go through Canada on their way here. Does anyone demand Canada to keep them all?

if canada should not keep them all, why should we?  and if you did a study on how many immgrants were let in per capita, I am sure we already have our fair share of feeding the worlds poor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods
9 minutes ago, godsquadgeek said:

no one said they were, but since too many illegals are already inside, we need to cut back asylums.  This is what I mean by immigration reform.  But you still refuse to answer why mexico has not accepted them?

I am not a member of the Mexican government. Maybe none of this particular group has asked for asylum in Mexico. Maybe Mexico wants no more to do with them.

 

The US is a country of law. Right now some people are at the border requesting asylum in the US. Our laws have a system that allows some to be granted asylum. Government employees charged with carrying out US law are dealing with those people. Unless the laws are changed this will continue. Sessions is sending help to speed the process, not stop or thwart it.

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods
7 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Some were also arrested for jumping the wall.

Some folks from the infamous caravan jumped over the border wall right at or near the entry point? 

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/30/caravan-members-arrested-after-jumping-us-border/

 

I see that about thirty did. Looks like they weren't sneaking so much as intentionally bringing attention to themselves in the article picture.

Edited by Bull of the Woods

Share this post


Link to post
godsquadgeek
32 minutes ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I am not a member of the Mexican government. Maybe none of this particular group has asked for asylum in Mexico. Maybe Mexico wants no more to do with them.

 

The US is a country of law. Right now some people are at the border requesting asylum in the US. Our laws have a system that allows some to be granted asylum. Government employees charged with carrying out US law are dealing with those people. Unless the laws are changed this will continue. Sessions is sending help to speed the process, not stop or thwart it.

so we are more humane than mexico?  and overall a better country?  probably because of conservative lawmakers, who want to keep mexico in it's place.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods

I don't understand all the differences between us and other countries. We have a great big land area with plentiful resources. Farmers are able to produce an abundance. We have large ports. We are an economic powerhouse.

The republican form of government may be the best. 

We are known for generosity.

We Americans of today have inherited a lot of good things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Sue D.
1 hour ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I don't understand all the differences between us and other countries. We have a great big land area with plentiful resources. Farmers are able to produce an abundance. We have large ports. We are an economic powerhouse.

The republican form of government may be the best. 

We are known for generosity.

We Americans of today have inherited a lot of good things.

This country is already full of non-legal people.  Mexico encourages their people to cross the border to take advantage of our welfare system.  We're becoming known for our 'generosity' to the non-legal people.   Other countries put illegal immigrants either back to their own country or in jail because of Non-legal entrance. 

 

Yes, we Do have a lot of nice things and everyone wants to share with us.  If / when people Do come here to share with us and do it Legally and support themselves in the process and contribute positively to the community, then great. But there are hundreds of thousands of people here on a Non-legal basis.  They need to be Out.  

 

The caravan of people went to our busiest port of entry in an effort to overwhelm the authorities.  Who is feeding all of those people?  There are hundreds of them.  

 

And, Why does Mexico just let all of them go Through their country? Why didn't Mexico stop them at Their southern border.

 

It's been said that they are fleeing the horrible affects of the drug cartels -- well -- Maybe someone should go after Those people.  They are the enemy.  Maybe all the able-bodied men should be sent Back to fight their own local wars against those cartels.  

Share this post


Link to post
Bull of the Woods

I find myself often having a different thought in different issues and topics from nonbelievers, including conservative ones. Some things we agree on. I also find that on some issues I differ from believers. 

With regard to immigration I am not as bothered as many people are. I don't know but think it could have something to do with my faith in Christ and a perspective that comes from regarding myself an alien.

I am not for wide open borders but not personally upset about the fact that people living in fear and poverty want to come here. 

I know that many Christians are very concerned about illegal and maybe even to some degree legal immigration.

I continue to try to determine whether my thinking is sound.

 

Edited by Bull of the Woods
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...