SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Civilwarbuff

Revolutionary times?

Civilwarbuff

Posted by William A. Jacobson    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 9:05pm

Victor Davis Hanson on how “the Left has so destroyed the old protocols of the opposition party that it will be hard to resurrect them when progressives return to power”

https://youtu.be/ZmwFNHIG0tQ

Victor Davis Hanson recently spoke at Cornell, but unfortunately I was out of town at the time. I would have loved to meet him, he’s one of the most insightful authors.

In my 9th Anniversary post on October 12, 2017, Legal Insurrection is 9 years old, and filled with dread, I wrote about “rising tide of absolutism in ideas and enforcement of ideological uniformity that is palpable” on the left, and “what it will mean to live without institutions.”

In a column at National Review a week ago, Hanson elaborated his thoughts on a similar concern, in a way far more articulate than I did.

As always, read the whole thing, here’s an excerpt from Hanson’s Revolution and Worse to Come:

As the Resistance goes from one ploy to the next, it ignores its string of failed prior efforts, forgetting everything and learning nothing….

Anti- and Never-Trump op-ed writers have long ago run out of superlatives. Trump is the worst, most, biggest — fill in the blank — in the history of the presidency, in the history of the world, worse even than Mao, Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler….

Everything from the NFL to late-night comedy shows have become Trump-hating venues….

Each cycle of hysteria demands another, as the race to the bottom has descended into which celebrity or politician can discover the most provocative — or crude — Trump expletive. “S***” and “f***” are now the ordinary vocabulary of angry Democratic politicos and officeholders. Are we reaching a point in the so-far-failed Resistance where little is left except abject violence in the manner of the Roman or French Revolution? The problem for Trump’s pop-culture foes is not whether to imagine or advocate killing the president. That’s a given. They just need to agree on the means of doing so: decapitation (Kathy Griffin), incineration (David Crosby), stabbing (the Shakespeare in the Park troupe), shooting (Snoop Dogg), explosives (Madonna), old-fashioned, Lincoln-style assassination (Johnny Depp), death by elevator (Kamala Harris), hanging (a CSU professor), or simple generic assassination (a Missouri state legislator)….

Insidiously and incrementally, we are in the process of normalizing violence against the elected president of the United States. If all this fails to delegitimize Trump, fails to destroy his health, or fails to lead to a 2018 midterm Democratic sweep and subsequent impeachment, expect even greater threats of violence. The Resistance and rabid anti-Trumpers have lost confidence in the constitutional framework of elections, and they’ve flouted the tradition by which the opposition allows the in-power party to present its case to the court of public opinion…..

The danger to the country this time around is that the Left has so destroyed the old protocols of the opposition party that it will be hard to resurrect them when progressives return to power.

We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary.

Hanson apparently shares my dread.

We’ve lost the ability to reason with these people because they are so far gone. I wish it weren’t so, but we need to face reality.

[Featured Image: Inauguration Day Protests]

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/05/we-are-entering-revolutionary-times/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+(Le·gal+In·sur·rec·tion)

• Like 2

Uncle Siggy
12 hours ago, Civilwarbuff said:

Posted by William A. Jacobson    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 9:05pm

Victor Davis Hanson on how “the Left has so destroyed the old protocols of the opposition party that it will be hard to resurrect them when progressives return to power”

https://youtu.be/ZmwFNHIG0tQ

Victor Davis Hanson recently spoke at Cornell, but unfortunately I was out of town at the time. I would have loved to meet him, he’s one of the most insightful authors.

In my 9th Anniversary post on October 12, 2017, Legal Insurrection is 9 years old, and filled with dread, I wrote about “rising tide of absolutism in ideas and enforcement of ideological uniformity that is palpable” on the left, and “what it will mean to live without institutions.”

In a column at National Review a week ago, Hanson elaborated his thoughts on a similar concern, in a way far more articulate than I did.

As always, read the whole thing, here’s an excerpt from Hanson’s Revolution and Worse to Come:

As the Resistance goes from one ploy to the next, it ignores its string of failed prior efforts, forgetting everything and learning nothing….

Anti- and Never-Trump op-ed writers have long ago run out of superlatives. Trump is the worst, most, biggest — fill in the blank — in the history of the presidency, in the history of the world, worse even than Mao, Mussolini, Stalin, or Hitler….

Everything from the NFL to late-night comedy shows have become Trump-hating venues….

Each cycle of hysteria demands another, as the race to the bottom has descended into which celebrity or politician can discover the most provocative — or crude — Trump expletive. “S***” and “f***” are now the ordinary vocabulary of angry Democratic politicos and officeholders. Are we reaching a point in the so-far-failed Resistance where little is left except abject violence in the manner of the Roman or French Revolution? The problem for Trump’s pop-culture foes is not whether to imagine or advocate killing the president. That’s a given. They just need to agree on the means of doing so: decapitation (Kathy Griffin), incineration (David Crosby), stabbing (the Shakespeare in the Park troupe), shooting (Snoop Dogg), explosives (Madonna), old-fashioned, Lincoln-style assassination (Johnny Depp), death by elevator (Kamala Harris), hanging (a CSU professor), or simple generic assassination (a Missouri state legislator)….

Insidiously and incrementally, we are in the process of normalizing violence against the elected president of the United States. If all this fails to delegitimize Trump, fails to destroy his health, or fails to lead to a 2018 midterm Democratic sweep and subsequent impeachment, expect even greater threats of violence. The Resistance and rabid anti-Trumpers have lost confidence in the constitutional framework of elections, and they’ve flouted the tradition by which the opposition allows the in-power party to present its case to the court of public opinion…..

The danger to the country this time around is that the Left has so destroyed the old protocols of the opposition party that it will be hard to resurrect them when progressives return to power.

We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary.

Hanson apparently shares my dread.

We’ve lost the ability to reason with these people because they are so far gone. I wish it weren’t so, but we need to face reality.

[Featured Image: Inauguration Day Protests]

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/05/we-are-entering-revolutionary-times/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+(Le·gal+In·sur·rec·tion)

Get rid of the money funding it and the people organizing it and things will return to normal, the sheep will have no one to follow or someone to rent their buses and buy the bottled water...

• Like 3

Truthfrees
11 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Get rid of the money funding it and the people organizing it and things will return to normal, the sheep will have no one to follow or someone to rent their buses and buy the bottled water...

i read the long op about the problems and was thinking what in the world is the answer to all this nonsense and here you come with the shortest but best answer possible

great analysis - love how you can do this - God bless you

praying for this kind of a solution to the crazy violence of the left

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Uncle Siggy
24 minutes ago, Truthfrees said:

i read the long op about the problems and was thinking what in the world is the answer to all this nonsense and here you come with the shortest but best answer possible

great analysis - love how you can do this - God bless you

praying for this kind of a solution to the crazy violence of the left

You ever noticed how long drawn out answers usually don't answer the question/solve the problem. just platitudes more or less??? (I call it "an attempt to baffle with BS")

I try to avoid that as much as possible, I guess that comes from having to suffer thru long meaningless meetings when I was in the military. The ones holding the meetings would go on and on and the ones attending were thinking "hurry up I've got better things to do, just send me an email"... :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 3

Truthfrees
11 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

You ever noticed how long drawn out answers usually don't answer the question/solve the problem. just platitudes more or less??? (I call it "an attempt to baffle with BS")

I try to avoid that as much as possible, I guess that comes from having to suffer thru long meaningless meetings when I was in the military. The ones holding the meetings would go on and on and the ones attending were thinking "hurry up I've got better things to do, just send me an email"... :classic_biggrin: 

yes - that makes sense - i too want to get to the highlights so i can take action - discussion for me is to help others or myself decide what to do about something

• Like 2

deade

When people put up walls and walls of text trying to make a point, I get tired of reading before they say anything conclusive. It is like they are trying to convince themselves. Har, har. Why does this light color text hurt my eyes?

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif.5a68b243c8abe6ab1523bc3d1d3f3a03.gif

• Like 1

Bull of the Woods

These are rough times.

I recall the lies concocted that a recent President was not born in the United States.

Something the succeeding President repeated and brought up prior to his election.

Then there was the lie concocted that that president was a Muslim. Something that would not disqualify him from office but was hoped would prevent his election.

There is trouble a brewing for sure.

Truthfrees
On 5/2/2018 at 5:27 AM, Civilwarbuff said:

yes - so true

Truthfrees
On 5/2/2018 at 5:27 AM, Civilwarbuff said:

i think this is why their ratings are falling and PT's are rising

lies only fool for so long and then they start to fail

i think they will tire themselves out eventually - they certainly have tired everyone else out