Jump to content

SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
William

New Webiste after 29th of April

Recommended Posts

William
Staff

First thing is first. Lots of changes will occur in the next days, weeks, to months as the Admin and Webmaster both learn the new software.

 

What I am really enjoying at the moment is the new "Activity" pages. If you go to the menu option "Activity" you can view All Activity: https://www.christforums.org/discover/

 

Custom filters can be made. If you don't want to see certain forums etc (Satire) then you can filter out that particular forum from the Activity results. I also like our new editor which is more simple and hasn't the bugs like the old. Lastly, we're just seeing more activity by members.

 

If you haven't visited your profile page yet you can set your own background cover like Facebook and change your avatar.

 

In the near future we'll be adding some pretty nifty blogs which are a lot more visually appealing than our last blogs which  @Knotical suggested.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
reformed baptist

Thanks - can I suggest you trial leaving the ability to colour text please - I find it really helpful 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
10 minutes ago, reformed baptist said:

Thanks - can I suggest you trial leaving the ability to colour text please - I find it really helpful 

Sorry, but can't do it. Mainly because we are going to offer a multiple amount of themes some dark and some light. If someone for example uses a dark theme and chooses to change the font color to white, others will not be able to see it.

 

Also, like all things, people get carried away. I find multiple rainbow colors highly distracting from the actual content.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
reformed baptist

Ah well - was working on the theory of, 'if I don't ask I wont get' - it a pity I find it so useful to be able to colour scripture quotes in blue and original langues in red (I don't know why, it's just the way I have always done it) - I guess italics will have to do :classic_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
11 minutes ago, reformed baptist said:

Ah well - was working on the theory of, 'if I don't ask I wont get' - it a pity I find it so useful to be able to colour scripture quotes in blue and original langues in red (I don't know why, it's just the way I have always done it) - I guess italics will have to do :classic_sad:

I use a bullet next to a Scriptural reference.

  • Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This generally sets the reference apart from the rest of the content. At least to me it is the most cosmetic way to provide scripture in a forum.

 

Just remembered, I need to get Reftagger working for scriptural references.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
CDF47

I like the changes I am seeing.  Looks really professional.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Uncle Siggy
19 hours ago, William said:

First thing is first. Lots of changes will occur in the next days, weeks, to months as the Admin and Webmaster both learn the new software.

 

What I am really enjoying at the moment is the new "Activity" pages. If you go to the menu option "Activity" you can view All Activity: https://www.christforums.org/discover/

 

Custom filters can be made. If you don't want to see certain forums etc (Satire) then you can filter out that particular forum from the Activity results. I also like our new editor which is more simple and hasn't the bugs like the old. Lastly, we're just seeing more activity by members.

 

If you haven't visited your profile page yet you can set your own background cover like Facebook and change your avatar.

 

In the near future we'll be adding some pretty nifty blogs which are a lot more visually appealing than our last blogs which  @Knotical suggested.

 

God bless,

William

I'm getting a popup that says I've filled my quota of reactions for the day, I did 6 before I got it yesterday and only 2 this morning...

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
5 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

I'm getting a popup that says I've filled my quota of reactions for the day, I did 6 before I got it yesterday and only 2 this morning...

Lemme know if the issue continues. I see that a certain group which you were included was limited in reactions. The quota has been removed, and now you should be able to see who reacted.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
Uncle Siggy
1 hour ago, William said:

Lemme know if the issue continues. I see that a certain group which you were included was limited in reactions. The quota has been removed, and now you should be able to see who reacted.

 

God bless,

William

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Truthfrees

@William you have done an amazing job on the new system/format

 

the features here are some of the best i have seen anywhere

 

i can now customize my new posts info to include an expanded or condensed version - i can set it up to go 3 days back - i can see a list of likes - and so much more

 

awesome - awesome

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Lucian Hodoboc
On 4/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, William said:

we are going to offer a multiple amount of themes some dark and some light.

Why do that?  One theme should be enough, and it would also make the site seem more professional.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...