SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Uncle Siggy

The Swamp

Uncle Siggy

You expect politicians and lobbyists to be a big part of it but it seems as if judges are trying to push them aside and occupy it all by themselves... [h=3]An Obama judge declares war on coal because he thinks he can.[/h] A federal judge has ruled that the government must consider reducing mining in America’s top coal-producing region, to fight climate change. Moreover, he ordered the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to work with the Sierra Club, Natural Resources Defense Council, and four other environmental industry groups, to write a new management plan for the region.

Montana District Judge Brian Morris, a 2013 Obama appointee, has apparently relied on an entirely new body of law, discovering a previously unknown section of the Constitution. Like all federal judges, he swore an oath to perform his duties “impartially… under the Constitution and laws of the U.S.” Nothing in those documents gives Judge Morris authority to order the BLM to work with non-government organizations (the same ones that filed the lawsuit in question) to alter America’s use of energy.

I bet Judge Morris is a great dad — not the kind whose kids run wild, but a believer in tough love. In fact, in this era my own parents would both make terrific federal judges. Many times when we questioned the reason for their various decisions and rulings, their response was simply, “because I said so.” I read Judge Morris’s ruling in the coal case, and that is essentially the source of his extraordinary power to change our society.

Make no mistake about the change this ruling could mean if upheld by the higher courts. The Powder River Basin supplies 40 percent of America’s coal, and coal provides roughly a third of all electricity in the U.S. In Western States like Colorado, coal still provides over half our electricity. Coal remains America’s most abundant energy resource, and by far its cheapest, so the declining use of coal is driving up utility costs. The government projects monthly residential electric bills will more than double in the next 20 years. Yet the environmental industry plaintiffs that brought this suit against the BLM actually asked the judge to completely ban coal mining in that region. Their end game is easily understood. But what authority would a federal judge have to determine that coal could be mined elsewhere on other federal land, but not in that particular region?

By the way, this case is not about environmental groups v. the Trump Administration. The plaintiff groups challenged plans for the region published in 2015 by the Obama Administration, designed to ban most energy activity to protect sage grouse habitat, but including some use of limited areas for coal mining. For some of these groups, though, any mining is too much, never mind the rapidly increasing cost of utilities for the rest of us (hint: these organizations are funded by giant foundations and the super-rich).

Rest of the article is at the link: https://spectator.org/because-i-said-so/?utm_source=American+Spectator+Emails&utm_campaign=a6ced13f32-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_797a38d487-a6ced13f32-104287757

• Like 2

Truthfrees
You expect politicians and lobbyists to be a big part of it but it seems as if judges are trying to push them aside and occupy it all by themselves... [h=3]An Obama judge declares war on coal because he thinks he can.[/h] A federal judge has ruled that the government must consider reducing mining in America’s top coal-producing region, to fight climate change. Moreover, he ordered the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to work with the Sierra Club, Natural Resources Defense Council, and four other environmental industry groups, to write a new management plan for the region.

Montana District Judge Brian Morris, a 2013 Obama appointee, has apparently relied on an entirely new body of law, discovering a previously unknown section of the Constitution. Like all federal judges, he swore an oath to perform his duties “impartially… under the Constitution and laws of the U.S.” Nothing in those documents gives Judge Morris authority to order the BLM to work with non-government organizations (the same ones that filed the lawsuit in question) to alter America’s use of energy.

I bet Judge Morris is a great dad — not the kind whose kids run wild, but a believer in tough love. In fact, in this era my own parents would both make terrific federal judges. Many times when we questioned the reason for their various decisions and rulings, their response was simply, “because I said so.” I read Judge Morris’s ruling in the coal case, and that is essentially the source of his extraordinary power to change our society.

Make no mistake about the change this ruling could mean if upheld by the higher courts. The Powder River Basin supplies 40 percent of America’s coal, and coal provides roughly a third of all electricity in the U.S. In Western States like Colorado, coal still provides over half our electricity. Coal remains America’s most abundant energy resource, and by far its cheapest, so the declining use of coal is driving up utility costs. The government projects monthly residential electric bills will more than double in the next 20 years. Yet the environmental industry plaintiffs that brought this suit against the BLM actually asked the judge to completely ban coal mining in that region. Their end game is easily understood. But what authority would a federal judge have to determine that coal could be mined elsewhere on other federal land, but not in that particular region?

By the way, this case is not about environmental groups v. the Trump Administration. The plaintiff groups challenged plans for the region published in 2015 by the Obama Administration, designed to ban most energy activity to protect sage grouse habitat, but including some use of limited areas for coal mining. For some of these groups, though, any mining is too much, never mind the rapidly increasing cost of utilities for the rest of us (hint: these organizations are funded by giant foundations and the super-rich).

Rest of the article is at the link: https://spectator.org/because-i-said-so/?utm_source=American+Spectator+Emails&utm_campaign=a6ced13f32-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_797a38d487-a6ced13f32-104287757

this needs to stop - doesn't sessions have authority over all justices in america to deal with them?

i read that he ordered all ag's in states to process a minimum quota /day of immigration dockets to make sure nothing backs up and illegals can be deported quickly

RazeontheRock

This sure needs some Judicial review, and censure.

How much land does a sage grouse need, anyway?

• Like 2

Bull of the Woods
On 5/12/2018 at 7:34 AM, Uncle Siggy said:

The two had privileges growing up. 

But they did both serve in Vietnam. Mueller's record seems especially strong there.

Some of our presidents who were good had wealthy upbringing. Franklin Roosevelt comes to mind. JFK was privileged but did his duty in WWII. Many of our founders had privileged upbringing.

And Madison and Jefferson knew each other from a pretty young age.

I don't know that Trump ever wondered where his next meal was coming from. I don't know about the military style prep school he went to.

Uncle Siggy
23 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

Some of our presidents who were good had wealthy upbringing. Franklin Roosevelt comes to mind.

rolling.gif

Bull of the Woods
13 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

rolling.gif

My father who was born into a family of sharecroppers that were literally as poor as any seen in a depression movie or book was grateful for the CCC and other things like that. He was born in Hicks Texas in 1921. They lived in shacks that hogs may have just vacated. 

The Depression hit places like that long before the stock market crash.

So my dad did the CCC thing and it practically saved his life.

Then WWII.

So I grew up with a father who appreciated Roosevelt from a personal point of view, not a philosophical one.

Uncle Siggy
22 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

So I grew up with a father who appreciated Roosevelt from a personal point of view, not a philosophical one.

My family grew up during the Depression too, a lot of folks did...

Presidents/politicians are elected to do what is right for the people of this country not what is good for their own wallets or to keep themselves in power, that's why Roosevelt is a failure. And I fail to see why some people just can't/don't want to wrap their heads around this concept, they're constantly rationalizing politicians failings for some strange reason???

Bull of the Woods
1 hour ago, Uncle Siggy said:

My family grew up during the Depression too, a lot of folks did...

Presidents/politicians are elected to do what is right for the people of this country not what is good for their own wallets or to keep themselves in power, that's why Roosevelt is a failure. And I fail to see why some people just can't/don't want to wrap their heads around this concept, they're constantly rationalizing politicians failings for some strange reason???

You should be freaking out these days then

Uncle Siggy
5 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

You should be freaking out these days then

Why???

Bull of the Woods
4 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Why???

"And I fail to see why some people just can't/don't want to wrap their heads around this concept, they'reconstantly rationalizing politicians failings forsome strange reason???"

Potluck

What we need are perfect presidents and politicians. People that suit all policies, needs and desires of the people.

Well....

Unfortunately politicians are just like us actually. They are people with shortcomings as well as strengths. Their ideas vary as much as our ideas. Those that support a politician see more strengths than shortcomings. Those with differing ideas see more shortcomings than strengths with the same politician. And so it goes.

That may be why we have elections. Dunno.

Edited by Potluck
  • Like 1

Uncle Siggy
18 hours ago, Bull of the Woods said:

"And I fail to see why some people just can't/don't want to wrap their heads around this concept, they'reconstantly rationalizing politicians failings forsome strange reason???"

You didn't answer the question...

Bull of the Woods
1 hour ago, Uncle Siggy said:

You didn't answer the question...

I believe I see evidence of people rationalizing a politician's failings daily.

But now I realize that to a large extent the desire of probably the majority in the forum is to keep a strictly pro President narrative going. I am thinking I do better in the more spiritual sections of the forum. I think I should better stay mostly clear of anything related to the President.

Becky

Seems to me the better avenue is a honest one.  When we do not 'call' a good guy on a mistake does that lead to more mistakes?  Personally i like what Trump has done. That does not mean everything he has done or ever will do is right. 

As to his Christianity we dont know his heart, just as you dont know mine and vise.versa. We do know God has placed him in office but when we believe the Scriptures God also place Obama in office etc. 

Thinking about King David. It would do us (Christians) well to keep in mine the story of Nathan and King David.. David had to be slapped up side his head . This man of God got carried away with his own power. Just maybe some one like Franklin Graham can/is be Trumps Nathan.. We need to keep this country before the throne of God always. 

At one time the USA sent more missionaries around the world than any other place.. We have lost that. We should not be so blinded by our zeal for a man, we forget he a a sinner as we are. God's Grace is our salvation. His Grace alone. I pray Trump is an interment of that Grace. 

• Like 2

Uncle Siggy
1 hour ago, Bull of the Woods said:

I believe I see evidence of people rationalizing a politician's failings daily.

But now I realize that to a large extent the desire of probably the majority in the forum is to keep a strictly pro President narrative going. I am thinking I do better in the more spiritual sections of the forum. I think I should better stay mostly clear of anything related to the President.

Come up with something legitimate negative about his policy making and you probably could get into a good debate. Keep whining about his persona and that won't happen folks are tired of the silliness...

(What some people see as rationalization others see as defending, it depends on your point of view... )

Uncle Siggy
Uncle Siggy

Obamas Already Cashing In $100M+ Post-Presidency

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/obama-cashing-in/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_Morning_Newsletter_5_30_2018&utm_content=7cf81981257f7671a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

I'm curious as to why the SJWs aren't up in arms about this? Especially if you remember this little quote from Obama: "At Some Point, You've Made Enough Money"...

th1bill
3 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Obamas Already Cashing In $100M+ Post-Presidency

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/obama-cashing-in/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_Morning_Newsletter_5_30_2018&utm_content=7cf81981257f7671a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

I'm curious as to why the SJWs aren't up in arms about this? Especially if you remember this little quote from Obama: "At Some Point, You've Made Enough Money"...

And none of that money will enter the casket with either of them!

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff
4 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Some Point, You've Made Enough Money"...

Wouldn't it be great if during some interview someone brought that up and asked when will he have enough money.......image.png.8a767fc6bbfcc14e9b0396c29d88e407.png

Edited by Civilwarbuff
  • Haha 1

th1bill

John D Rockefeller, when asked "How much is enough," replied, "Öne dollar more."

Edited by th1bill
  • Haha 2

Uncle Siggy
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, Civilwarbuff said:

Wouldn't it be great if during some interview someone brought that up and asked when will he have enough money.......image.png.8a767fc6bbfcc14e9b0396c29d88e407.png

Fat chance...

• Like 1

Uncle Siggy
21 hours ago, Bill Taylor said:

John D Rockefeller, when asked "How much is enough," replied, "Öne dollar more."

IIRC he has the title of being the richest American in our history, he also gave a good portion of his fortune away to good causes...

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff
25 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Fat chance...

Considering he only interviews in very friendly territory you are probably right.......

• Haha 1