SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
William

Attention Members: Grammar and shallow reponses

William
Staff

Hello brothers and sisters,

Just like to bring it to your attention that we are not Facebook which caters to one line responses or commenting with poor grammar. We are a board of Christians which have read the entire bible (far from being illiterate). Presenting ourselves in a proper manner literally is no differently than presenting ourselves well groomed in person!

Please take the time to either check your spelling or use the spell check in the most popular browsers. Also pay attention to grammar, starting sentences out with capital letters etc.

A proper post has at least 3-5 sentences free from grammatical errors. I'm sure you can chew on a response long enough to come up with 3-5 sentences?

I understand that mobile devices make this more difficult, but please try your best. Remember, your responses are being indexed in major search engines. Our first impressions say a lot to people first coming to our site.

God bless,

William

• Like 5

th1bill

Just like to bring it to your attention that we are not Facebook which caters to one line responses or commenting with poor grammar. We are a board of Christians which have read the entire bible (far from being illiterate). Presenting ourselves in a proper manner literally is no differently than presenting ourselves well groomed in person!

Please take the time to either check your spelling or use the spell check in the most popular browsers. Also pay attention to grammar, starting sentences out with capital letters etc.

A proper post has at least 3-5 sentences free from grammatical errors. I'm sure you can chew on a response long enough to come up with 3-5 sentences?

I understand that mobile devices make this more difficult, but please try your best. Remember, your responses are being indexed in major search engines. Our first impressions say a lot to people first coming to our site.

God bless,

William

The Christian Image is so damaged today by the Suppsee Christian on the Internet that it is a rotten shame, all due to thebtruth that we hide behind aa screen and in our Avatars we act as though we are scared f the World and will not use a small picture of what we look like. That speaks reams about who we actually are. I wcreamks if you are on the Internet, surprise,, you cannot hide if a person wants to find you.

In the GNU or free Linux and BSD World there is free software that might also have been ported over to windoze for capturing a computers URL, every web site on a Linux server captures your address and It seems to me that Windoze will also have kept up. Every rude person on thue Internet should not need it but should be told this truth and a couple of them be dragged into Civil Court to catch the attention of everyone because with your URL Address you can be traced to a Physical Address... maybe then we would be a bit more respectful... the threats seem to slow wickedness down. It should not hbe needed except for the lack of the fear of God.

• Like 2

Truthfrees

God bless,

William

you know i don't understand what it is but on your site my spell checker keeps dropping out

i type a sentence fast and red lines show up but when i go back at the end of my sentence the red lines disappear and i keep clicking all over the sentence and sometimes the spell checker just won't come back up

i have laptop issues that slow me down when trying to capitalize words - i take the time to always capitalize God or Jesus - but it's too time consuming to capitalize everything else

i'm trying to type as fast as the thoughts come - because when the thoughts are flowing i need to type fast or lose some of it

is that ok? - i for sure don't want to make this site look bad

i realize no one else does what i do - but i have excuses - are they good enough excuses?

Becky

As the queen of one liners, I will put out a strong effort to adjust to the request. Having been here for a while now, i see and understand the value of the request.

@Truthfrees , Without spell check i am doomed. I need to find a spell check that will work on my tablet...

• Like 3

Truthfrees
As the queen of one liners, I will put out a strong effort to adjust to the request. Having been here for a while now, i see and understand the value of the request.

@Truthfrees , Without spell check i am doomed. I need to find a spell check that will work on my tablet...

i wish i was a techie

i'm on a laptop using chrome and firefox browsers

how do i add a spell check

the firefox and chrome spell checkers work for me on other sites - but have trouble on this site

what are my options?

links are appreciated

Becky

i wish i was a techie

the firefox and chrome spell checkers work for me on other sites - but have trouble on this site

what are my options?

links are appreciated

I am not a techie either. @William is a tech guy and he is very busy just now. I will look around to see what i can find.

Knotical

i wish i was a techie

what are my options?

links are appreciated

Have you tried grammarly?

• Like 1

reformed baptist

wHatS rong iwth I SpElin n garmeR

:RpS_w00t:

• Like 1

Pouty Puppy

In my travels, one of the most obvious pet peeve causes is found in those who spell Christian with a lower case c. As they do with Christianity and Christ.

It is not only ignorant but disrespectful of the faith and Jesus. However, in those travels I have found it is a signal to other unbelievers that an atheist is on board playing the role of , Poe's Law.

I think such offenders, be they atheist Poe's or otherwise, should be reprimanded for that blatant disrespect in any Christian forum where they think to display it.

• Like 2

Just Mike

God bless,

William

The Christian Image is so damaged today by the Suppsee Christian on the Internet that it is a rotten shame, all due to thebtruth that we hide behind aa screen and in our Avatars we act as though we are scared f the World and will not use a small picture of what we look like. That speaks reams about who we actually are. I wcreamks if you are on the Internet, surprise,, you cannot hide if a person wants to find you.

In the GNU or free Linux and BSD World there is free software that might also have been ported over to windoze for capturing a computers URL, every web site on a Linux server captures your address and It seems to me that Windoze will also have kept up. Every rude person on thue Internet should not need it but should be told this truth and a couple of them be dragged into Civil Court to catch the attention of everyone because with your URL Address you can be traced to a Physical Address... maybe then we would be a bit more respectful... the threats seem to slow wickedness down. It should not hbe needed except for the lack of the fear of God.

????? With your misspelling and so forth I am confused what your are attempting to say.

Just Mike
In my travels, one of the most obvious pet peeve causes is found in those who spell Christian with a lower case c. As they do with Christianity and Christ.

It is not only ignorant but disrespectful of the faith and Jesus. However, in those travels I have found it is a signal to other unbelievers that an atheist is on board playing the role of , Poe's Law.

I think such offenders, be they atheist Poe's or otherwise, should be reprimanded for that blatant disrespect in any Christian forum where they think to display it.

I agree. I think using a small g for God is totally and completely unacceptable, rude, and darn right wrong. That's my pet peeve. That included small j for Jesus and small c for Christians and Christ. There I have said it just like you did and Brother we are in agreement!

• Like 3

Just Mike

The BIG issue I have is sometimes I type a word and my spell check program changes the word to something I never even thought of. Besides that I have regressed in my mind in spelling to a second grade level. Give me another year and I hope I progress to a third grader.

I never took typing, and I type with two fingers, I am as slow as 90 weight grease, and my fingers are as big as bottle caps and I slip my fingers over several keys at the same time. I sure wish I could just speak a word and my computer would type it. I know there is a program that does that sort of, but I have heard its not very good.

However for William and for the benefit of the World Wide Web I will do my best to be the best I can in improving. I hope.

• Like 1

Becky

My excuse for some of the typing , spelling, etc problems? My old eyes, having foveal dystrophy, some times letters just disappear. Example the word ,coat, i might see cat or cot, which can change back and forth in split seconds.

I do my best to capitalize God, Jesus to the point of capitalizing Him and He. Seems way back in the 50s we were taught to capitalize proper pronouns. A short while back i was scolded for doing so.

• Like 1

Anto9us

Ah kin spayull raht whin aye wont tew.

Sumthymes ah dont wont tew.

This is the third sentence.

• Like 2

Truthfrees

Have you tried grammarly?

no i will google it thanks

Knotical
Ah kin spayull raht whin aye wont tew.

Sumthymes ah dont wont tew.

This is the third sentence.

At first I thought you were doing the backwards typing thing. Very clever, sir. Very clever indeed.

• Like 1

Truthfrees

i agree with God Christ Jesus Holy Spirit being capitalized so that God stands out all the time

• Like 1

Anto9us
Remember, your responses are being indexed in major search engines.

On one board, a poster made up a name in a post - and everyone went scurrying to Google the name - the hit was a link to the guy's post!

I was amazed the search engines were that fast.

I just now realized how to get the features of bold and italics.

I use ALL CAPS sometimes for emphasis, though some people say that is SHOUTING.

It used to be that it was improper to put a comma before the 'and' when listing a series; but now some Oxford rule says you can do it, like,

My first, second, third, fourth, and fifth sentences are grammatically correct. (The comma after 'fourth' used to be a no-no.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Becky
On 4/25/2018 at 8:07 AM, Truthfrees said:

you know i don't understand what it is but on your site my spell checker keeps dropping out

i type a sentence fast and red lines show up but when i go back at the end of my sentence the red lines disappear and i keep clicking all over the sentence and sometimes the spell checker just won't come back up

i have laptop issues that slow me down when trying to capitalize words - i take the time to always capitalize God or Jesus - but it's too time consuming to capitalize everything else

i'm trying to type as fast as the thoughts come - because when the thoughts are flowing i need to type fast or lose some of it

is that ok? - i for sure don't want to make this site look bad

i realize no one else does what i do - but i have excuses - are they good enough excuses?

Lets give it a try, one staff member to another. I am working on my grammar and punctuation.  

• Like 2

William
Staff
On 4/25/2018 at 11:18 AM, Just Mike said:

The BIG issue I have is sometimes I type a word and my spell check program changes the word to something I never even thought of.

That's actually not spell check but auto correct. You should be able to turn spell check on and auto correct off.

On 4/25/2018 at 8:40 AM, Truthfrees said:

i wish i was a techie

what are my options?

links are appreciated

I take it you were referring to our old Vbulletin site and not this site? Popular browsers should work fine on this site with spell check.

I'm using Firefox but majority people prefer Chrome. Either should work and spell check works the same. I can understand you typing real fast to express your thoughts as they come to you, but if I may suggest going back and proofing before actually hitting the submit reply button? Anywhere you see a word underlined in red should be your spell check indicating an improperly spelled word. My pet peeve is punctuation or starting out sentences with no capital letters or not even capitalizing "i". If you notice several people are following others as though they are leading by example for what is proper.

Grammar and/or punctuation isn't something the mods are going to enforce within reason. However, it just makes us all look more presentable and professional if we follow a basic guideline.

I do appreciate others at least taking my request into consideration!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Pillar

Where do you turn the spell check on bro?

google spell check service in settings?

• Like 1

CDF47
On 4/25/2018 at 2:09 PM, Just Mike said:

I agree. I think using a small g for God is totally and completely unacceptable, rude, and darn right wrong. That's my pet peeve. That included small j for Jesus and small c for Christians and Christ. There I have said it just like you did and Brother we are in agreement!

Yeah, I can't stand that either.  

• Like 1

Truthfrees
5 hours ago, William said:

That's actually not spell check but auto correct. You should be able to turn spell check on and auto correct off.

I take it you were referring to our old Vbulletin site and not this site? Popular browsers should work fine on this site with spell check.

I'm using Firefox but majority people prefer Chrome. Either should work and spell check works the same. I can understand you typing real fast to express your thoughts as they come to you, but if I may suggest going back and proofing before actually hitting the submit reply button? Anywhere you see a word underlined in red should be your spell check indicating an improperly spelled word. My pet peeve is punctuation or starting out sentences with no capital letters or not even capitalizing "i". If you notice several people are following others as though they are leading by example for what is proper.

Grammar and/or punctuation isn't something the mods are going to enforce within reason. However, it just makes us all look more presentable and professional if we follow a basic guideline.

I do appreciate others at least taking my request into consideration!

God bless,

William

Yes , I think that was the old system , I no longer have a problem with spell checker.

It is working like it does on other sites, Thanks for the new migration, can't say enough good about it, very impressive.

Edited by Becky
grammar and punctuation
  • Like 1

William
Staff
9 hours ago, Pillar said:

Where do you turn the spell check on bro?

google spell check service in settings?

Yes, if you're using Google Chrome that sounds like the right setting.

If you're on a mobile device it may have additional settings like "auto correct" somewhere. Of course, you'll have to search online for instructions as each model may be different.

God bless,

William

• Best Answer 1

th1bill
On 4/25/2018 at 1:04 PM, Just Mike said:

????? With your misspelling and so forth I am confused what your are attempting to say.

My misspelling might be due to the lack of more than eight years of formal education combined with a lose of attention span as the MS works on killing me for the past forty plus years.  i was diagnosed between year thirty and thirty-five and the MRI showed 64 scars and that equals 64 attacks.  They will no longer give me the count because the young trainees that are doing their Labs before they can serve out their four years of Internship to actually serve real patients.  Those are not veterans, we are the freaks normal or real people avoid or that future doctors experiment on.  so it is, spelling does not matter to us freaks, now to you?

• Like 1