SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Uncle Siggy

You really have to wonder what these people are thinking?

Uncle Siggy

Big Banks Target The Bill Of Rights

The American people lent $45 billion to Bank of America during the bailout. That bailout came with a hefty $100 billion guarantee against losses on toxic assets.

That money came from American taxpayers. It came from gun owners and non-gun owners.

But Bank of America has warned that it will refuse to lend money to manufacturers of “assault-style guns.” It had previously announced it was edging away from the coal business to fight global warming.

Citigroup got $476 billion in cash and guarantees: the most of any bank. Now Citibank is repaying the generosity of the American people by requiring its clients to impose their own gun control policies on their stores. Impose gun control on your customers or Citibank will discriminate against you.

Next up is Wells Fargo. The stagecoach brand has said that it’s up to the government to impose gun control, but that it is discussing gun safety with its clients. That’s not enough for outraged activists. The American Federation of Teachers, an organization that runs on extorting money from teachers and taxpayers, warned Wells Fargo that it had to choose between firearms manufacturers and the AFT.

Bank of America announced its move to Bloomberg. The eponymous media outlet is associated with the billionaire sugar daddy of the anti-second amendment lobby. That wasn’t a coincidence. Neither was Citigroup making its announcement through Ed Skyler, Bloomberg’s former Deputy Mayor.

This phase of the pressure campaign got its start from a New York Times column by Andrew Ross Sorkin which wondered, "What if the finance industry — credit card companies ... credit card processors ... and banks ... were to effectively set new rules for the sales of guns in America?"

If the banks wouldn’t play ball, then their biggest customers, "McDonald’s, Starbucks, Apple, Amazon, AT&T, CVS and others" would be pressured into pressuring them. That way a few corporations could decide which parts of the Constitution they’ll write out of existence in their Terms of Service.

And then Sorkin began calling up chief execs to discuss his bright idea for corporate government. They included Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat who had served on Obama's Advisory Council on Financial Capability and had hosted a retreat featuring Hillary Clinton. Citigroup had a long relationship with the Clintons and had warned that Trump’s victory could lead to an economic “slowdown”.

A follow-up article suggested modifying merchant control codes to single out any store that sells firearms and using GPS signals to shut off credit card transactions around gun shows.

The extensive surveillance powers of financial companies would be used to build a police state.

Ed Skyler’s Twitter account, which has plenty of gun control tweets, retweeted the police state proposal.

Rest of the article is at the link: https://freedomoutpost.com/big-banks-target-the-bill-of-rights/

• Like 2

RazeontheRock

This is known as an oligarchy; it's what we have.

• Like 1

Uncle Siggy
This is known as an oligarchy; it's what we have.

Some of them need to come up missing and the country would be a much better place...

• Like 1

RazeontheRock

Maybe Cousin Vinny makes them a "special order" of baba ghanoush? Heheh Heheheh

• Haha 2

Uncle Siggy
Maybe Cousin Vinny makes them a "special order" of baba ghanoush? Heheh Heheheh

Can you put meat in that stuff cause I'm a "meatatarian"??? :RpS_laugh:

• Like 1

Uncle Siggy
22 hours ago, Truthfrees said:

wow - there has got to be something that can be done about this

Am not sure if they can unless they decide it's illegal and figure out exactly which person designed it...

• Like 1

Truthfrees
13 minutes ago, Uncle Siggy said:

Am not sure if they can unless they decide it's illegal and figure out exactly which person designed it...

i heard this morning they are claiming a quota - so the border agents say we have hit our quota today - try again tomorrow

and then something about legal application vs illegal - i didn't understand what they meant - but something about those who get caught illegally get no chance to be part of the quota ever - and only those who wait their turn to get into the quota can have a chance at asylum 

iow somehow they have eliminated or got around obama's catch and release nonsense

so flooding in past the holding areas is no longer working - they have to wait in mexico now until they get a chance to come in and apply

PT is the smartest president we have ever had - he is sorting out the craziness in phenomenal speed

Truthfrees

actually just heard the border is only allowing in a handful of women children and gays into holding to apply for asylum  - and hundreds have to wait on the mexico side of the border - whooo hoooo - thank God

Truthfrees

oops sorry - replied to the wrong thread and edit won't let me edit

Uncle Siggy
32 minutes ago, Truthfrees said:

oops sorry - replied to the wrong thread and edit won't let me edit

The edit feature is a double edged sword too short and you can't fix your mistakes, too long and some people go back and change their prior posts say they can claim "I didn't say that" especially if it was silly/inaccurate/debunked...

So using the quote feature always captures what others say for posterity whether they like it or not... :classic_laugh: I think my nephew runs his "EDIT" feature for about 45 minutes on his site if I remember correctly...

• Like 1

Truthfrees
2 hours ago, Uncle Siggy said:

The edit feature is a double edged sword too short and you can't fix your mistakes, too long and some people go back and change their prior posts say they can claim "I didn't say that" especially if it was silly/inaccurate/debunked...

So using the quote feature always captures what others say for posterity whether they like it or not... :classic_laugh: I think my nephew runs his "EDIT" feature for about 45 minutes on his site if I remember correctly...

yes true - unless someone quotes you and then there it is there permanently

Uncle Siggy
1 hour ago, Truthfrees said:

yes true - unless someone quotes you and then there it is there permanently

That means you need to make sure you don't post anything that can come back to haunt you, but from what I've seen you don't suffer from that problem...

The edit time frame is only annoying when you post something in a hurrying and realize later you posted the wrong link or on the wrong thread or you made a misspelling boo boo, and spell checker is not your friend sometimes either... :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Uncle Siggy

Angela Merkel denounces ‘different type of antisemitism’ from Arab refugees after assault on men wearing skullcaps

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-antisemitism-germany-violence-hate-crime-syria-refugee-asylum-seeker-a8320131.html

I'm really curious as to what she thought was going to happen when she let all of those ME refugees into her country???

(I had a hard time deciding if this went here or in the "Laugh of the Day" thread)... :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff

Maybe God's way of encouraging the Jews to return to their homeland?...........

• Best Answer 1

Uncle Siggy

pumps-hate-600-li.jpg

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Civilwarbuff

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/04/cnns-april-ryan-misquotes-sarah-sanders-to-imply-wanted-physical-fight-it-was-street.html  Full story.

CNN's April Ryan misquotes Sarah Sanders to imply she wanted physical fight: 'It was street'

CNN political analyst April Ryan twisted Sarah Sanders' words on Thursday night in order to make the absurd suggestion that the White House press secretary is looking for a physical confrontation with the star reporter.

After Ryan asked a combative question during Thursday’s press briefing, accusing her of being "blindsided" by comments Rudy Giuliani recently made on Fox News, Sanders told Ryan, “Well, with all due respect, you actually don’t know much about me in terms of what I feel and what I don't.”

Ryan misquoted Sanders while speaking to CNN colleague Don Lemon on-air afterwards, claiming the press secretary said, “You don’t know me,” before declaring the phrase to be fighting words. 

“For Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the presidential spokesperson, the mouthpiece for the President of the United States, to say, ‘You don’t know me,’ in certain quarters in this nation, that starts a physical fight,” Ryan said. “I was very shocked. It was street. I will even go beyond that, it was gutter.”

The only 'gutter' I see here is CNN political analyst April Ryan.  Don't hold your breath for CNN to step up to the plate to discipline her........

• Like 1

godsquadgeek

This is insane:

review.jpg

• Like 1

Civilwarbuff

Video here:   https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/student-sues-principal-after-being-disciplined-for-pro-gun-shirts/vi-AAwLDOD?ocid=spartanntp&ffid=gz

00:04
02:11

SD

Student sues principal after being disciplined for pro-gun shirts

Duration: 02:11 14 hrs ago

Nearly three months after the Parkland school massacre in Florida, students who support gun rights are raising their voices. They held walkouts this week, and a 15-year-old boy in Wisconsin is suing his high school principal after being disciplined for wearing pro-gun T-shirts. CBS News' Nikki Battiste reports.
Edited by Civilwarbuff
  • Like 2