SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Uncle Siggy

Is the witch hunt finally about over?

Uncle Siggy

Rudy Hired to Negotiate Graceful Exit — for the Establishment

RUSH: The New York Post: “Rudy Giuliani Joins Trump Legal Team, Hopes to End Russia Probe in ‘A Week or Two.'” He said that. Now, full disclosure, I know Rudy Giuliani. I play golf with Rudy Giuliani. We sometimes talk politics while playing golf. No, he’s never sent me a bill. I’ve never asked Rudy for legal advice.

In fact, we did meet one time at the Havana Club in Manhattan when he was thinking about running for president, and he was asking me what I thought would be important in his agenda for reaching out beyond the Northeast. And I told him. But he did not send a bill. I did not send a bill. I’m telling people this ’cause I know Rudy.

I’ve attended water volleyball games with Rudy Giuliani. I have known Rudy for many, many moons. And I have played golf. I have given Rudy cigar lighters. I have given Rudy a cigar holder for the golf cart. I’m not making excuses because I’m gonna tell you what I think some of this stuff means, and it is rooted in the fact that I know Rudy and some other things in addition.

First, here’s Mark Meadows, Freedom Caucus, House of Representatives. “These Comey memos were supposed to implicate President Trump? Really? On page 13, POTUS appears to instruct Comey to investigate and find the truth about whether his campaign team did anything wrong. There’s nothing in here even approaching obstruction of justice.” And that is true.

And then Meadows tweets: “If anything, these memos impugn the judgment of Director Comey.” He’s the one apparently using the media to exaggerate concerns about interactions with the president. He’s the one leaking government and possibly classified documents to a third party. Come on! It’s exactly right. These Comey memos are the latest in a yearlong salvo of things that have been designed to raise public opinion against Donald Trump.

I want to tell you why I think we’re in the final phases of this, and the reason I do is because Rudy is on the case now. The liberals during this entire year — what has this year been about? Let’s call it a year because that’s the length of time that Mueller for, you know, few days here or there has been serving as the investigator. We know the investigation, quote, unquote, predates Mueller being appointed. We now know that Mueller was appointed because Comey wanted him appointed. That’s why Comey wrote the memos and leaked the memos. He wanted a special counsel. He got it.

But prior to that, the media was running its own investigation with leaks from nameless, faceless intelligence people. Let’s call it a year and a half. For a full year and a half, there’s been a premise that Trump stole the election by way of colluding and cheating with the Russians, that Trump knows it, the Russians know it, everybody knows it. They just can’t find any evidence. Well, they can’t find any because there isn’t any. The whole thing has been manufactured, and it hasn’t worked. It hasn’t turned out the way those behind this effort intended it to.

The whole thing begins after Trump wins the election. They take this dossier that was a Clinton campaign work product. It was composed and written and paid for by Hillary Clinton. It’s made up of a bunch of lies, a FISA warrant to spy on Trump and his campaign was secured on the basis of these lies. There has been a tremendous amount of illegality that has gone on here. In this ensuing year and a half, there are a lot of people at the FBI and at the DOJ who have broken the law. They have broken the spirit of the law.

Rest of the article is at the link: https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/04/20/rudy-hired-negotiate-graceful-exit-establishment/

• Like 5

Becky

They will loose control of Congress ....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pouty Puppy

“Some have raised the question of why the committee plans on proceeding with the markup despite the fact that the majority leader has indicated that he will not take this bill up on the floor,” said Grassley, R-Iowa., at a committee meeting. “The views of the majority leader are obviously important to consider, but they do not govern what happens here on the Judiciary Committee.”

McConnell said Tuesday on Fox News that ]he would not bring the bipartisan bill to the Senate floor for a vote, even if it is approved by the Judiciary Committee. The committee is scheduled to vote next Thursday, after debating amendments."

I think both sides of the aisle should be deeply ashamed when those guilty members so openly oppose the leader of this country because he won't play in the swamp.

God protect Donald Trump.

I watched a man, a rabbi, who writes books using the prophetic words of the old testament. He said that Donald Trump will be re-elected and it would be God's will. I hope so. We're registered as Independents in our state. Before the next election we're going to register as Republican's.

This party , this nation, needs all the help it can get. God willing those wicked ones in DC opposed to this man of God will be defeated as God wills. Sooner rather than later Lord, sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

Becky

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Politically i am conservative way before that, i am a Christian God's Word says For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

That segment of Scripture says plainly there is no power but of God.. which for what ever reasons includes past and future world leaders .. even the ones i dont like...

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Pouty Puppy
Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Politically i am conservative way before that, i am a Christian God's Word says For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

That segment of Scripture says plainly there is no power but of God.. which for what ever reasons includes past and future world leaders .. even the ones i dont like...

That's quite a proposal when we look back on leaders like Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, and others that were savage dictators bent on genocide.

I think it is 2nd Peter that has a scripture that says, honor the Emperor.

I believe those passages are there due to the influence of the governmental authorities that were overseeing the composition of the canon at the time.

One way for Rome to rule forever and make conquest of the world is to insert its politic into that which would be distributed as the words of God. The implication on the destiny of the believers soul that of condemnation if they didn't obey every word.

Jesus was a revolutionary. He opposed the laws of man that were prosecuted by the Sadducee's and Pharisee and Sanhedrin. They used God's laws and interspersed their own vanity and ego-centrism to control the people and claim it was God's law making it possible.

Jesus opposed Caesar too. Are we to believe God then said what amounts to, obey your earthly leaders as if they were me? Because they are? Doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Truthfrees
Senate Republicans Plan to Vote on Bill to Protect Robert Mueller

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/cong...9141&source=CI

except potus has to sign it for it to be in effect

silly waste of time

don't they have better things to do with their time?

;like get some bills and confirmations passed?

swamp mentality is so ridiculous

• Like 3

Truthfrees

do you think that means the particular person in the position or the position itself?

imo we are to respect the position - and pray that the position be filled with the right person

imo if we do not pray and do not vote we will end up with the wrong person in the position

• Like 1

Becky

I agree with all you said @Truthfrees .. sorta

imo if we do not pray and do not vote we will end up with the wrong person in the position

I believe God gives who we deserve ... My conclusion comes from reading the OT.. when the Children of Israel messed up they got jerk leaders .. To me God sent them to their knees.,

• Like 1

Truthfrees

I believe God gives who we deserve ... My conclusion comes from reading the OT.. when the Children of Israel messed up they got jerk leaders .. To me God sent them to their knees.,

which "we"?

i sure hope we don't get what the bad "we"s deserve

i hope we get what the good "we"s deserve

thinking about this one

because of Christ we get what Christ deserves and not what we deserve

thinking that with prayer through Christ we should be able to get what Christ deserves in this instance too

will think and pray more about this

in any case God have mercy on the usa and deliver us from corruption in Jesus' name

in the OT when the leaders were corrupt the people followed

OT says strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter

so i guess i have been thinking of this the other way around - the people follow leaders

in our case i guess the media is often a leader - especially hollywood

praying - praying - praying

God Bless you

Pouty Puppy

By that logic you'd have to say that God gave all people persecuted and destroyed by Hitler and Stalin what they deserved.

Do you believe in praying to God for relief of some malady or trouble you're suffering? Or do you endure because you affirm for yourself as you presume to concerning others, that you're getting what God believes you deserve?

• Like 1

Truthfrees

By that logic you'd have to say that God gave all people persecuted and destroyed by Hitler and Stalin what they deserved.

Do you believe in praying to God for relief of some malady or trouble you're suffering? Or do you endure because you affirm for yourself as you presume to concerning others, that you're getting what God believes you deserve?

well said - thank you - very good point

evil causes us to pray for God's intervention - and God hears our prayers in Jesus' name

God bless you

Becky
evil causes us to pray for God's intervention - and God hears our prayers in Jesus' name

Which is/was my point . I just do not say it the same as you...

Back to hitler, Do we not believe there were praying Christians at that time .. God always answers prayers so how did He answer those were praying at the time...

Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ask God why this?

Mat 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

Exo_12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Jos 6:20 So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.

Jos 6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

Jos 6:22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her.

• Like 2

Truthfrees

Which is/was my point . I just do not say it the same as you...

Back to hitler, Do we not believe there were praying Christians at that time .. God always answers prayers so how did He answer those were praying at the time...

Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ask God why this?

Mat 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

Exo_12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Jos 6:20 So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.

Jos 6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

Jos 6:22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her.

amen - good points

why do evil things happen? - imo we need to pray - and hear God and obey - prayer alone without God directed action will fall short

i remember hearing testimony of 911 - there should have been 15-20 thousand people in the twin towers that day - BUT so many were led by God to not go in that day

what happened to the 3000 that went in to work? - i don't know - but i know in my life i have had leadings that i followed and those i ignored - and i always regretted ignoring God-given leadings - not that i always realized it was God at the time - but as a result of missing the leading of God too often NOW i am committed to learning to recognize God's leadings more faithfully

hitler

i heard testimonies of jews that said they had warnings that things in germany were bad for jews - in fact they were given edicts to leave germany because they were unwanted - MANY left - but so many thought that it would all work out ok - so they stayed amidst terrible persecution - the ones that stayed didn't realize how terrible the persecution would get - they couldn't believe people could be so evil - well now they know - which is why israelis will NEVER again trust others with their lives - from now on they will do what they have to do with God's help to never be destroyed again

God bless you

Pouty Puppy

It is an Administrator making these claims concerning God and people getting what they deserve. This can't be discussed as freely as it should be.

Becky

Personally i have no problem speaking their minds..

Pouty Puppy

:RpS_smile:

I see it like this when I read someone say, they got what they deserved.

The keyword in the remark is "they". Others.

The critic is removed from the very thing, horrible vengeance in its many forms sent by God, that applies to others. Impersonal. Not to themselves. Personal.

I see it as a cop-out. And in my view it is the very thing that makes for others to think Christians are nuts. Or the worst sort of bigot. Very often we'll find those who claim the name of Christian and yet we'll hear them talk or read them on forums, and wonder, what jesus are they referring to? What god?

Because their ideal that they speak of isn't the one we know.

Think how easy it is to say, they got what they deserved! As you consider everything that has happened across the globe as relates to tragedy. Environmental cause or human.

Now follow those headlines with the unkind, indifferent illustration, they got what they deserved!

"They"

got what they deserved.

Now, think of the self-defeating exposition that actually attaches to themselves, whether they use the personal noun, "I", or the plural pronoun, "we" , if we use that inhumane illustration, they got what they deserved, in the personal context all the way back to the beginning of that which made our faith arrive in this world in the first place.

Adam and Eve got what they deserved. We got what we deserved.

The world in which Noah lived, all people, babies, unborn, elderly, etc... Got what they deserved.

Sodom and Gomorrah, got what they deserved!

All that transpired in death and mayhem in the old testament,add the subtext, they got what they deserved. Or, in the case of an individual in the scripture, he, she, got what they deserved.

And finally,all the Apostles that were martyred, save for John.

They got what they deserved.

• Like 1

Truthfrees
:RpS_smile:

I see it like this when I read someone say, they got what they deserved.

The keyword in the remark is "they". Others.

The critic is removed from the very thing, horrible vengeance in its many forms sent by God, that applies to others. Impersonal. Not to themselves. Personal.

I see it as a cop-out. And in my view it is the very thing that makes for others to think Christians are nuts. Or the worst sort of bigot. Very often we'll find those who claim the name of Christian and yet we'll hear them talk or read them on forums, and wonder, what jesus are they referring to? What god?

Because their ideal that they speak of isn't the one we know.

Think how easy it is to say, they got what they deserved! As you consider everything that has happened across the globe as relates to tragedy. Environmental cause or human.

Now follow those headlines with the unkind, indifferent illustration, they got what they deserved!

"They"

got what they deserved.

Now, think of the self-defeating exposition that actually attaches to themselves, whether they use the personal noun, "I", or the plural pronoun, "we" , if we use that inhumane illustration, they got what they deserved, in the personal context all the way back to the beginning of that which made our faith arrive in this world in the first place.

Adam and Eve got what they deserved. We got what we deserved.

The world in which Noah lived, all people, babies, unborn, elderly, etc... Got what they deserved.

Sodom and Gomorrah, got what they deserved!

All that transpired in death and mayhem in the old testament,add the subtext, they got what they deserved. Or, in the case of an individual in the scripture, he, she, got what they deserved.

And finally,all the Apostles that were martyred, save for John.

They got what they deserved.

very comprehensive reply

thanks for this

Becky

Yup "they" was a poor choice of words .. I should have used "we" or Gods People etc.. I will try to be more careful of that in the future

• Like 1

Pouty Puppy
Yup "they" was a poor choice of words .. I should have used "we" or Gods People etc.. I will try to be more careful of that in the future
What part of God's character is invoked in giving what you, I , we, who are indwelt with God's Holy Spirit and walk in this world as temples of His Holiness, deserve? Please be specific in your reply.

And why would only Christians "get what they deserve"?

When all things happen by the sovereign will of the one and only God.

1 John 4:8

• Like 1

Becky
And why would only Christians "get what they deserve"?

When all things happen by the sovereign will of the one and only God.

1 John 4:8

Simply because all things are His sovereign will.

Becky

I was not blessed with a gift for writing.. So my words can be picked apart if one so chooses... being intimidated to use forums has gone by the wayside..

Those who are blessed are blessed by His Grace, His Mercy..

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Joh 3:22 Afte

• Like 1

Pouty Puppy

Simply because all things are His sovereign will.

Agreed. As the words of the Lord tell us in the scriptures. Wouldn't that then mean if all things are His sovereign will then the observation , they, we, I , get, got, what they deserved, would apply to all people? Or do you believe God's sovereign will only pertains to people of God? And not all creation within God?

Pouty Puppy
I was not blessed with a gift for writing.. So my words can be picked apart if one so chooses... being intimidated to use forums has gone by the wayside..

Those who are blessed are blessed by His Grace, His Mercy..

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Joh 3:22 Afte

I don't think there is any reason to imagine anyone here is hoping to intimidate anyone from use of these forums. Rather, what has transpired here on my part is asking for clarity concerning something you said. They get what they deserve.

I don't think those asking for clarity should be intimidated from that pursuit. If intimidation has gone by the wayside, as you said, I don't think there should be an issue when seeking clarity on a matter that makes for the impression, they get what they deserve, that God acts like that.

th1bill
On 4/22/2018 at 9:27 AM, Pouty Puppy said:

That's quite a proposal when we look back on leaders like Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, and others that were savage dictators bent on genocide.

I think it is 2nd Peter that has a scripture that says, honor the Emperor.

I believe those passages are there due to the influence of the governmental authorities that were overseeing the composition of the canon at the time.

One way for Rome to rule forever and make conquest of the world is to insert its politic into that which would be distributed as the words of God. The implication on the destiny of the believers soul that of condemnation if they didn't obey every word.

Jesus was a revolutionary. He opposed the laws of man that were prosecuted by the Sadducee's and Pharisee and Sanhedrin. They used God's laws and interspersed their own vanity and ego-centrism to control the people and claim it was God's law making it possible.

Jesus opposed Caesar too. Are we to believe God then said what amounts to, obey your earthly leaders as if they were me? Because they are? Doesn't make sense.

It is a sad thing when any being chooses to dismiss YHWH and to go into Hell first and then into the Eternal Lake of Fire to suffer.