SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Zuno_Yazh

Resurrection By Christ

Zuno_Yazh

†. Col 3:1-4 . . Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

That verse says Christ's believing followers are accounted already resurrected, i.e. past tense; but were you to investigate, you'd discover that their current physical status is unchanged. The reason being that their resurrection spoken of in that passage is via joint principles in Christ's resurrection.

The primary advantage of Christ's resurrection is immortality (Rom 6:9).

So, if Col 3:1-4 is true and reliable, then Christ's believing followers have immortality in the bag; i.e. it's a done deal; and that's really good no know because should one of them trip over a rock or something and accidentally fall into the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:11-15, it won't kill them.

†. Rev 20:6 . . Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power,

The koiné Greek word translated "blessed" is makarios (mak-ar'-ee-os) which means, among other things: fortunate.

reformed baptist
The koiné Greek word translated "blessed" is makarios (mak-ar'-ee-os) which means, among other things: fortunate.

No it doesn't - at least not in context, see for example:

maka,rioj, i,a, on (1) of persons characterized by transcendent happiness or religious joy blessed, happy (MT 5.3); without religious connotation fortunate, lucky (LU 23.29); (2) of parts of the body viewed as happy because of favorable circumstances (MT 13.16; LU 11.27); (3) of things closely related to God, as hope (TI 2.13); (4) comparative makariw,teroj, te,ra, on more blessed, happier, better off (1C 7.40)

maka,rioj A--NM-S maka,rioj

maka,rioj, i,a, on (1) of persons characterized by transcendent happiness or religious joy blessed, happy (MT 5.3); without religious connotation fortunate, lucky (LU 23.29); (2) of parts of the body viewed as happy because of favorable circumstances (MT 13.16; LU 11.27); (3) of things closely related to God, as hope (TI 2.13); (4) comparative makariw,teroj, te,ra, on more blessed, happier, better off (1C 7.40)

maka,rioj A--NM-S maka,rioj [Friberg]

My friend, I say this for your good, it is clear that you have little to no proficiency with the original languages, as yourself admit, so why do you repeatedly refer to them based on little more then strong's definitions? Please stop! Make your argument from the English (it is reliable in 99.9% of cases you know - after all the translators knew what they were doing)

reformed baptist
So, if Col 3:1-4 is true and reliable, then Christ's believing followers have immortality in the bag; i.e. it's a done deal; and that's really good no know because should one of them trip over a rock or something and accidentally fall into the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:11-15, it won't kill them.

I buried a believer a few months ago so I would suggest your wrong!

If you are talking about the soul, then everyone has a never dying soul (saved or unsaved) and we all look forward to the resurrection (both the just and the unjust) - the difference between those two groups is the quality of the eternity we face.

• Like 2

Zuno_Yazh
So, if Col 3:1-4 is true and reliable, then Christ's believing followers have immortality in the bag;

I buried a believer a few months ago so I would suggest your wrong!

but were you to investigate, you'd discover that their current physical status is unchanged. The reason being that their resurrection spoken of in that passage is via joint principles in Christ's resurrection.

reformed baptist
but were you to investigate, you'd discover that their current physical status is unchanged. The reason being that their resurrection spoken of in that passage is via joint principles in Christ's resurrection.

So they are laying in a box in the ground awake and conscious - is that what you are saying?

What the one that was cremated a couple of years ago is her 'physical status' unchanged?

I am sorry but it is patently obvious from experience and from scriptures that believers go through physical death and that the experience involves a change of status - Paul calls it 'departing' (Phil 1:23) and 'sleep' 1 Thess 4:14

My personal opinion, my friend, is that you are full of some pretty strange ideas - but maybe it is just the way you articulate them - does your church preach what you express on this forum?

Zuno_Yazh
everyone has a never dying soul (saved or unsaved)

According to Matt 10:28 the souls of the lost are on track for death.

Zuno_Yazh
What the one that was cremated a couple of years ago is her 'physical status' unchanged?

I wasn't talking about deceased; however those who have fallen asleep in Christ are accounted already resurrected too though they have passed away.

†. John 11:25-26 . . I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

Edited by Zuno_Yazh

Sue D.

My friend, I say this for your good, it is clear that you have little to no proficiency with the original languages, as yourself admit, so why do you repeatedly refer to them based on little more then strong's definitions? Please stop! Make your argument from the English (it is reliable in 99.9% of cases you know - after all the translators knew what they were doing)

Most of us don't have proficiency in Hebrew / Greek -- which is why we have Strong's Concordance with Greek/ Hebrew words and their meanings. Strongs' IS very reliable.

I'm glad you realize that the translators knew what they were doing.

(you can sound kinda condescending at times)

Zuno_Yazh

There's a number of other benefits that are done deals and in the bag for Christ's believing followers besides resurrection and immortality.

1• Citizenship in heaven. (Col 1:13, Philip 3:20)

2• Redemption (Gal 3:13, 1Pet 1:18)

3• Eternal life. (John 3:36, John 6:47, John 5:24, 1John 5:1)

reformed baptist

According to Matt 10:28 the souls of the lost are on track for death.

And what is 'death' in your understanding?

I wasn't talking about deceased; however those who have fallen asleep in Christ are accounted already resurrected too though they have passed away.

†. John 11:25-26 . . I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.

You have repeatedly stated this:

their current physical status is unchanged.

Please address how someone who is physically dead and their body cremated can same 'physical status' as someone whose body and soul are still united on this side of eternity.

It seems to me that you are ignoring the now/ not yet tension in scripture between this age and the age to come and I'm not convinced you have a biblical conception of death as 'separation' and life as 'union'

reformed baptist

I'm glad you realize that the translators knew what they were doing.

I could interpret that as condescending if I so chose - but 1 Cor 13 pretty much precludes that option for me so I chose not to :D

reformed baptist

I have addressed your comments about Strong's here:

https://www.christforums.org/forum/lounge/70374-strong-s-corcordance#post70374