SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

US, Allied Strikes in Syria Bring Heated Response from Russia

Support

Defense Secretary Mattis said the assault was a "one-time shot," as long as Assad doesn't repeat his use of chemical weapons.

More...

Sue D.

It was a job well-done by those who did it. It was indeed needed.

• Like 1

William
Staff
Syrian.png.df98f5256261e1f129eddd9fe11a54c3.png
  • Like 2

th1bill
[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"380","width":"429","data-attachmentid":69963}[/ATTACH]

Yes but we are Yashuah's children. And they are?

• Like 1

William
Staff

Yes but we are Yashuah's children. And they are?

Not sure what you mean? Are you asking me if everyone is a child of God? The answer is no. A common Christian cliche that needs to die suggests that everyone is a child of God. All men are God's creation but only those having faith in God are adopted and have the right to be called "children of God".

God bless,

William

Fastfredy0

My two cents worth ... bad idea to bomb Syria. I am not saying it is morally wrong; rather, my reason is that the U.S. has no significant interest in what Syria does to its citizens. Now, if we want to be the world's policemen, then there many, many more places where we should intervene.

William
Staff
My two cents worth ... bad idea to bomb Syria. I am not saying it is morally wrong; rather, my reason is that the U.S. has no significant interest in what Syria does to its citizens. Now, if we want to be the world's policemen, then there many, many more places where we should intervene.

The United States will go to war in a moment to protect its financial investments (trade routes etc). For the U.S. to deny that it does have an invested interest in a conflict where Assyrian Christians are being slaughtered is to suggest that the United States only cares about money. Obama did nothing. American Christians informed about Syria do have an invested interests, many of which tried to spread awareness during the Obama administration. These are our Christian brethren being slaughtered in genocidal proportions.

In recent years, the Assyrians in northern Iraq and northeast Syria have become the target of extreme unprovoked Islamic terrorism. As a result, Assyrians have taken up arms alongside other groups (such as the Kurds, Turcomans and Armenians) in response to unprovoked attacks by Al Qaeda, ISIS/ISIL, Nusra Front and other terrorist Islamic Fundamentalist groups. In 2014 Islamic terrorists of ISIS attacked Assyrian towns and villages in the Assyrian Homeland of northern Iraq, together with cities such as Mosul and Kirkuk which have large Assyrian populations. There have been reports of atrocities committed by ISIS terrorists since, including; beheadings, crucifixions, child murders, rape, forced conversions, Ethnic Cleansing, robbery, and extortion in the form of illegal taxes levied upon non Muslims. Assyrians in Iraq have responded by forming armed militias to defend their territories. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-isis-genocide

1847916780_SyrianCrucifixon.jpg.7cb6ebf5c2319813c29a923680827519.jpg

God bless,

William

Fastfredy0

Those who support acts of war (attaching a sovereign nation-Syria) fail to recognize that such behaviors engender the hatred of many in the world.

The implication that the use of the military in scores of countries around the world has helped the United States is flatly and demonstrably wrong. Over the past decade, the United States has fought or is currently fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Africa and covertly in many other locations. The security environment in none of these locations has been improved as a result. To the contrary, the threat to American interests is higher in every single location than it was prior to the deployment of military power. That is clearly not the way to buttress American national security and economic prosperity.

Since World War II, America has clearly won only one of five major conflicts: Operation Desert Storm (we won and got the heck out). Korea was a bloody stalemate, Vietnam an “outright military defeat,” and both Afghanistan and Iraq — America's two longest wars — hardly look like victories.

Perhaps we should go to war to support gay rights, women's rights, Muslim's rights, beat communism and on and on ... everyone has their pet project to go to war for

William
Staff
Those who support acts of war (attaching a sovereign nation-Syria) fail to recognize that such behaviors engender the hatred of many in the world.

The implication that the use of the military in scores of countries around the world has helped the United States is flatly and demonstrably wrong. Over the past decade, the United States has fought or is currently fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Africa and covertly in many other locations. The security environment in none of these locations has been improved as a result. To the contrary, the threat to American interests is higher in every single location than it was prior to the deployment of military power. That is clearly not the way to buttress American national security and economic prosperity.

Since World War II, America has clearly won only one of five major conflicts: Operation Desert Storm (we won and got the heck out). Korea was a bloody stalemate, Vietnam an “outright military defeat,” and both Afghanistan and Iraq — America's two longest wars — hardly look like victories.

Perhaps we should go to war to support gay rights, women's rights, Muslim's rights, beat communism and on and on ... everyone has their pet project to go to war for

Christians took a pacifist approach for a few hundred years while Christian brethren watched like today, "There have been reports of atrocities committed by ISIS terrorists since, including; beheadings, crucifixions, child murders, rape, forced conversions, Ethnic Cleansing, robbery, and extortion in the form of illegal taxes levied upon non Muslims."

Then one day long ago the Church decided that it was better to gird up one's loins and die in battle like a man rather than a coward. That led to the first Christian Crusades. Exactly what we are seeing now happened centuries ago. Christians were taken into slavery, raped, and murdered. Christians literally were paralyzed for centuries. Other Christians decided not to involve themselves. Now some will suggest that there were atrocities committed in the war, granted, not everyone fighting is motivated by the principles of a Just War.

History is merely repeating itself.

I acknowledge that defending our Christian brethren is just another "pet project" to some. To others, they join and serve in the military because they actually believe in something greater than oneself.

Obama's "lead from behind" ideology doesn't work. If the United States wants to be a global power then certain responsibilities comes with the position.

Needlessly said, fighting in the war does support "gay rights, women's rights, Muslim's rights". Homosexuals are murdered by Islamic extremist, women have no rights, and Muslims are forced to convert to extremist ideology and fight along their side.

To say that we shouldn't be involved gives Islamic extremism a place to regroup and strengthen. It is only a matter of time before they reach out and strike surrounding nations.

Even America's forefathers wrote that Islam is incompatible with the West: https://www.christforums.org/forum/g...mic-terrorists

Ignoring such atrocities does nothing but give the "enemy" a foothold elsewhere, as mentioned, to regroup and strengthen until the problem comes knocking on our front door.

God bless,

William

Sue D.

It was said on a new report that the only reason we got involved with our's missles and Englands, Frances missles was in response to gassing the people. The gassing was seen as inhumane treatment. We hit 3 locations for the gass over night the other night and were successful in hitting what was needed to Be hit. It's up to Assad what he's going to do next. And / or what Russia decides to do.

Agreed -- ignoring all of that just gives the enemy a foothold elsewhere.

But -- as just stated -- it's the 2nd gassing of the people that resulted in missles being sent This time.

th1bill
It was said on a new report that the only reason we got involved with our's missles and Englands, Frances missles was in response to gassing the people. The gassing was seen as inhumane treatment. We hit 3 locations for the gass over night the other night and were successful in hitting what was needed to Be hit. It's up to Assad what he's going to do next. And / or what Russia decides to do.

But -- as just stated -- it's the 2nd gassing of the people that resulted in missles being sent This time.

I know I can be dense but I do not see your point here.

Sue D.

I know I can be dense but I do not see your point here.

I was responding to # 9 and their suggested reasons for the missle attack and it's not really being needed. Actually it was the use of chemical against his own people Again. I'd said gassing, but it was chemicals. There's been concern that the U.S. is getting involved with Everyone's countries' problems. That we need to concentrate more on our own countries' problems. And we Do need to protect our southern border a lot more. But Syria is Also a big concern. We've gotten their attention , now it's up to them to settle down. Stop the chemical warfare. Bomb if they want, just no chemicals.

Hope that's a bit clearer "smile" --- war, politics, etc. has Always been confusing. A mess.

• Like 1

th1bill

Thank you, I missed that but many people live their entire lives out of fear and that is a sad state to be in. I can remember real fear only once in my life and I did not like it and swore I would never let myself to go there again. I was 24 and had never been in an over-run situation before but waiting for the Enemy to reach the point, about seventy-five foot from me and my guys and as I stood in my hole, Rifle pointed and resting on the sandbag Fear just crawled all over me. I had instance when flying over there where a Quad Fifty Antiaircraft Gun targeted us and a couple of times where we landed in the middle of a Fire Fight that scared me but nothing like that night waiting until those people stepped into the desired Kill Zone, I feel, very much, for people living in fear of Russia or anything else because fear is all consuming.

William
Staff

It was actually Russia that came to rescue and aid Syrian Christians during a genocide when everyone else did nothing:

1. http://www.fides.org/en/news/63518-A..._from_genocide
  2. http://www.newsweek.com/russia-putin...hurches-735539

What Sue shared has to do with the U.S. latest missile strike, but had nothing to do with why we actually set foot in Syria.

Of course, now that the enemy is defeated each country has different ideas about how it should be governed and its resources distributed.

Thank you Putin and Russian people for actually doing something when everyone else wouldn't. When the United States under Barack Obama wanted to lead from behind Russian's stepped up to the plate.

God bless,

William