SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
William

Plan to break up California reportedly has enough signatures for November ballot

William
Staff

Billionaire venture capitalist Tim Draper has been trying for years to give California voters the opportunity to vote on splitting the state up in an effort to better represent its regions. He announced on Thursday that he now has enough signatures for the initiative to be added to the November ballot for citizens to decide.

After failed attempts for similar ballot initiatives in 2014 and 2016, Draper has amassed roughly 600,000 signatures for his petition to divide California into three separate states — 585,000 was the required number of signatures needed to make it onto the ballot. The signatures are expected to be filed with the office of Secretary of State Alex Padilla next week.

Draper said, “This is an unprecedented show of support on behalf of every corner of California to create three state governments that emphasize representation, responsiveness, reliability and regional identity.” He says his plan would “diminish the power of teachers’ unions and politicians in Sacramento,” according to Reuters.

The current plan — known as “CAL 3” — would require congressional approval, and if passed, would split the state into the regions of “California,” “Northern California,” and “Southern California.” Citizens of the respective new states would be able to change the names if they so choose.

But the plan has been met with opposition, with Democratic strategist Steve Maviglio calling the effort a “colossal waste of resources, energy and time.” He said: “Dividing the state into three random slices doesn’t fix any of our state’s problems.” Maviglio told City News Service that CAL 3 would do nothing but triple the state’s challenges.

A separate plan dividing California into two states was proposed earlier this year by “New California” co-founders Robert Preston and Tom Reed. The two were motivated to launch their initiative because they believe that the state’s high taxes have made it “ungovernable.”

CAL 3 is not part of any secession efforts which have also been proposed by California citizens in recent years.

Source: https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/12/plan-to-break-up-california-reportedly-has-enough-signatures-for-november-ballot

• Like 1

Fastfredy0

I heard about this the other day. I believe the other states would have to ratify it.

Aside: I heard 40% of those in California don't speak English in the home

Aside2: Diversity is not a net plus (IMO)

Sue D.
I heard about this the other day. I believe the other states would have to ratify it.

Aside: I heard 40% of those in California don't speak English in the home

Aside2: Diversity is not a net plus (IMO)

Re: speaking English in the home. The same thing could probably be said regarding south / central Texas. There are Still folks who don't recognize Texas as 'rightfully' being part of the U.S. In the areas close to 'me' there are lots of people who go back and forth. The 'border' is a revolving door. No one except us legal people, take the border seriously.

California has been wanting to secede from the U.S. for a long time. It just isn't geographically possible. They'd Probably be better off if they'd simply decide to Obey the Law.

Re: Aside 2 -- agree.

RazeontheRock

How bout if CA can't figure out how to obey the law, that none of their 55 electoral votes count?

Or let the densely populated region be as flamingly liberal as it wants, but give the rest of the people some representation.

One or the other. This is WAY overdue. Who really lets Hollywood influence them anymore, anyway?

• Like 2

Sue D.
How bout if CA can't figure out how to obey the law, that none of their 55 electoral votes count?

Or let the densely populated region be as flamingly liberal as it wants, but give the rest of the people some representation.

One or the other. This is WAY overdue. Who really lets Hollywood influence them anymore, anyway?

Unfortunately Hollywood influences Lot of people still.

What Is a pleasant surprise is that three cities have already voted Against sanctuary city policies. Some are realizing that having the criminals out free is harming society / themselves.

We all want freedom of speech // the right to express ourselves. It is to be done in an orderly fashion, though.

The problem is that if we try to silence their liberalism -- what will keep 'them' from silencing Our conservatism. Well -- actually -- the liberals have been pretty successful In silencing 'us'. 'We' need to start standing up for Godliness / Biblical morality / ethics.

So -- what to do with CA? God is still in control. (in the Old Testament -- God's Children were in slavery for 430 yrs. before being freed).

Politics gets very complicated.

• Like 3

RazeontheRock

Yup, and Im pretty sure I've seen the list of CA towns that side with Trump against the sanctuary State nonsense, and it's significantly more than 3. Not as many as I'd like, but ...

• Like 1

Sue D.
Yup, and Im pretty sure I've seen the list of CA towns that side with Trump against the sanctuary State nonsense, and it's significantly more than 3. Not as many as I'd like, but ...

And now with the caravan of 'refugees' at the southern border of this country -- what will CA do? Welcome all of them with open arms?

It was said on TV this morning -- IF Mexico would enforce their own border crossing laws -- none of them would have gotten To this country.

The thousand upon thousands of young kids and parents crossing into This country are Not 'refuges'.

Maybe CA Should be allowed to take them all -- and then have all funding cut off from them. And all states boundaring on CA have Their boundaries closed. (not a bad idea)

RazeontheRock

I'm liking the idea of depriving CA of funding, but that didn't happen in the budget passed just a month ago. I can't believe none of the top elected officials violating law so flagrantly have been charged with a crime.

I've also joked about building a border wall around CA.

I saw that Trump said not to let the caravan cross the border. I'd think that would be both the obvious choice, and why we have troops there. But it seems not even National Guard can legally do that, which is ridiculous imho.

My fear is all these people will get arrested, which I think just gives them what they want: free room and board, while they wait for their free lawyer to get them free benefits that US citizens don't get.

Becky

Not all of California is stinky liberal. Many of us would love to divide the state. We are not all from the coast or the LA area. I would believe one of the main catches in dividing the state woud be the water rights nightmare.

We have central farm land of many crops that are barren so the snail darter can swim.. I have rancher friends who can not freely run their cattle on their land because a creek runs through the property.. Government out of control ....

• Like 1

Uncle Siggy

I thought you might find this to be amusing...

Kayne Confesses Love For Trump While Bashing Obama

https://clashdaily.com/2018/04/kayne-confesses-love-trump-bashing-obama/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=283711&utm_keyword=major1&utm_content=9829260&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:9829260&utm_campaign=Kayne%20Confesses%20Love%20For%20Trump%20While%20Bashing%20Obama

Sue D.
Not all of California is stinky liberal. Many of us would love to divide the state. We are not all from the coast or the LA area. I would believe one of the main catches in dividing the state woud be the water rights nightmare.

We have central farm land of many crops that are barren so the snail darter can swim.. I have rancher friends who can not freely run their cattle on their land because a creek runs through the property.. Government out of control ....

So -- you and Wm are both from CA. CA has the distinction of being Long and Tx. of being Big. That's where I'm located. South-central.

I can understand how water rights could be a problem. The only areas media talks about are the problem areas. And there are a few liberals there.

Yes, Government Is out of control.

Trump is trying to drain the swamp. But sometimes the swamp is so Huge, it turns into a stinky mess in the process.

Fox News was talking about the caravan group that are now in ...just across the border. The plan is Supposed to be that they will be processed and put into areas waiting for legal processing. That's happening this weekend. One of the pics is showing young men , women and small kids. If those were All that were coming.... but that's not the case. They were also showing the cute little pup tents that are housing families / kids. But what about the sanitation, food, clothing, medicine that goes along with all of this. And who's to say that at least Some of those people aren't going to 'walk away' and never be processed.

These people are coming up from Honduras and other countries that have very different cultures. Drugs, gangs and the 'innocent' kids -- and little kids, babies Are innocent -- but coming from those other countries -- they bring in More violence and crime, because that's what they grow up in.

Now -- Off my soapbox and back to the thread topic.

By the time Society is officially recognizing a problem and starts trying to do something about it -- it's almost too late. Which is probably / possibly what the liberals Want.