SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Zuno_Yazh

Bible Reading For The Mildly Curious

Zuno_Yazh

-

I frequently encounter people online who are interested in reading some of the Bible but don't know where to begin.

Well; I suggest the little books of Ruth and Esther. They're brief and they're entertaining. And afterwards; maybe just enough chapters of Matthew and Luke to get a first-hand look at the Christmas story. For some people: that's more than enough Bible to satisfy their curiosity.

Q: Where can I get a Bible?

A: Bibles can be purchased at any well-stocked book store like Barnes & Noble.

Christian book stores are another source and can usually be found listed in the Yellow Pages along with regular types of book stores.

If you're okay with used books, you might prefer shopping for a Bible in a second hand store like Good Will and Salvation Army.

Amazon dot com is a really good source for Bibles.

/

• Like 1

Becky

For folks who wish to read or study on line i like [h=3]e-Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC[/h]

Just Mike

I put notes in my Bibles. I guess you might say I put interesting side notes like verses that speak to me and I put something next the verse. Perhaps when I go home one of our children will get one of my many bibles and read the notes I have written.

Having been a pastor I have a large number of Bibles. I have worn out several in my lifetime. The main Bible I use now is a Life Application NASB and I am using a contact paper cement to hold pages in that keep falling out. I don't want a new Bible as I know just where all the chapters and verses are, Its just too hard to brake in a new Bible.

Someone once said "show me a Bible that is worn out and I will show you a Christian that isn't" Perhaps spiritually that's true, but not physically as I am getting pretty worn down.

• Like 2

Eric T.
I put notes in my Bibles. I guess you might say I put interesting side notes like verses that speak to me and I put something next the verse. Perhaps when I go home one of our children will get one of my many bibles and read the notes I have written.

Having been a pastor I have a large number of Bibles. I have worn out several in my lifetime. The main Bible I use now is a Life Application NASB and I am using a contact paper cement to hold pages in that keep falling out. I don't want a new Bible as I know just where all the chapters and verses are, Its just too hard to brake in a new Bible.

Someone once said "show me a Bible that is worn out and I will show you a Christian that isn't" Perhaps spiritually that's true, but not physically as I am getting pretty worn down.

Mike, I agree with you about making notes in your bible. Some of my most treasured possessions are my parents' bibles and books which have handwritten notes in them. My mon's copy of Mere Christianity and her Phillips New Testament are my favorites.

Eric T.
Well; I suggest the little books of Ruth and Esther.

I totally love the book of Ruth. And I love that this woman, who confessed her allegience to her mother-in-law Naomi and to Naomi's God, had a place in the geneolgy of our Lord Jesus. Our God is an awesome God!

Just Mike

EricT I have not heard of anyone but me referring to the Philips New Testament, I bought mine back when I was 14 years wet behind the ears old. I have put duck tape on the spline to keep it together. Its not as popular as it once was. But I still open her up and read from this "old y but goody"

I alwasy suggest a person just starting out to read the Bible to start with Leviticus. LOL. Of course not, I suggest John, then Mark. If that does not spark the heck out of someone's interest nothing will.

I was reading 2 Kings 5 today. Some people just can't understand whatever God says to do we follow, no matter how odd it sounds. Great example for all of us. God is good all the time!

• Like 1

Eric T.
EricT I have not heard of anyone but me referring to the Philips New Testament, I bought mine back when I was 14 years wet behind the ears old. I have put duck tape on the spline to keep it together. Its not as popular as it once was. But I still open her up and read from this "old y but goody"

I alwasy suggest a person just starting out to read the Bible to start with Leviticus. LOL. Of course not, I suggest John, then Mark. If that does not spark the heck out of someone's interest nothing will.

I was reading 2 Kings 5 today. Some people just can't understand whatever God says to do we follow, no matter how odd it sounds. Great example for all of us. God is good all the time!

Mike, This is the edition my Dad had: https://amzn.to/2H0IYA0 I clearly remember seeing it in his study when I was little and asking about it, the cover was so distinctive. Turned out my mother loved it so much that when it got worn out Dad had it recovered and gave it to her as a gift. On the inside cover in my mother's hand is written, Isaiah 45:9 "Woe unto him who argues with his maker." I smile every time I read it.

• Like 1

Just Mike

Its important to have these treasures, to cherish for the rest of your life.

• Like 1