SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
William

Ted Cruz Grills Zuckerberg: Is Facebook Neutral 'Or Engaged in Political Speech'

William
Staff

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz grilled Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg over claims his social media platform was not indeed a neutral public forum.

Cruz, a Republican, asked several times whether Facebook is a neutral forum or whether it is simply engaging in its First Amendment right to political speech.

"There are a great many Americans who I think are deeply concerned that Facebook and other tech companies are [engaging in] a pervasive pattern of bias and political censorship," Cruz said.

Cruz said there have been instances where conservative or right-leaning thoughts or pages have been suppressed.

He mentioned posts about the IRS scandal in which former employee Lois Lerner was accused of targeting conservative groups for additional review, posts about Gov. Mitt Romney (R-Mass.), radio host Glenn Beck, and the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland.

He pointed out that North Carolina-based conservative activists Diamond & Silk had their page deemed "unsafe to the community."

Zuckerberg said he understands the view that, as a company in liberal Silicon Valley, Calif., Facebook may engage in such politicking. But he said that is not his intent as chief executive.

"[We try] to make sure we don't have any bias in the work that we do," Zuckerberg said.

Cruz appeared unconvinced and asked whether the same fate of censorship or suppression on Facebook has affected pages run by MoveOn.org, Planned Parenthood or Democratic political candidates.

Zuckerberg said he was unaware of any such actions.

He said there is a team of more than 10,000 employees tasked with "content review."

Zuckerberg said he is "very committed that Facebook is a platform for all ideas."

Source: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/04/10/ted-cruz-grills-mark-zuckerberg-facebook-ceo-capitol-hill-hearing-liberal-censorship

just_me

I've never liked Ted cruze, not since that opportunist tried to undermine Ben Carson by spreading gossip that Carson was going to bow out of the race, so anything that he does, to me is about as sincere as a crack junkie.

As far as Facebook is concerned anyone who dabbles in the deserves what they get, because they give up everything they have, including their privacy at a chance to be stick their name and face on a board that is virtually the wild wild West of the internet. People take about Amphetamines and Barbiturates as being addictive. Facebook is far more addictive and far less productive.

People who look for information there are out of luck, not because face books censers or not, but because they are too lazy to do the research they need to do, in this day and age, to find the truth. They'd rather set back, play games and pop into Facebook to get reality spoon-fed to them on a silver platter. Now these same people are getting upset because their precious little apple cart has been upturned.

Now, out comes the feds to do dramatic poses in front of the camera as they seemingly rack this guy over the coal for a consumption of the constituents while asking for rellection donations from the other side of their face.

If you want my oppinion, You tube and Google are much greater threats to freedom of expression than Facebook ever thought of being.

Edited by just_me

William
Staff

Users can easily see which political party Facebook thinks they're affiliated with by going to the Ad Preferences section: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences

4A9BA9D400000578-5550705-image-m-14_1522176696838.jpg.ed9296fefda80f22a4c68be500ec3db1.jpg

Facebook has ideas about your politics. In the Ad Preferences section, it labels you on a scale from 'very liberal' to 'very conservative.' Here, it guessed Assistant Science & Tech Editor Cheyenne MacDonald is very liberal.

Here, there is a 'Your Categories' tab that houses a 'US Politics' subsection.

Facebook lets you know here whether the company thinks you are Very Conservative, Conservative, Moderate, Liberal or Very Liberal.

The site said it makes these decision 'based on information [users have] provided on Facebook and other activity' according to Fox News.

The 'Your Categories' section also lets users see information on their birthdays and whether or not Facebook thinks they are affiliated with expats. Additionally a 'multicultural affinity' section can be found here.

4A9B52AD00000578-5550705-The_Your_Information_section_on_Facebook_also_shows_users_whethe-m-11_1522176217580.jpg.49bf8336bb96a694af5622555461bd80.jpg

The 'Your Information' section on Facebook also shows users whether or not Facebook thinks they are associated with expats. Here, it shows the site guessed Science & Tech reporter Maggie O'Neill to be 'conservative'

The five options for political affiliations simplify users' ideologies to a handful of vague categories.

Facebook 'determines' users' political affiliations regardless of whether or not they have publicly shown interest in a particular candidate or party on the site.

The platform groups together users that have liked the same pages and makes assumptions about their political beliefs based on these 'likes'.

Here's my "political affiliation" according to Facebook:

975545058_Facebook.thumb.jpg.07afe52d91e1321850fd651879b82100.jpg

What is obvious is that most people on the Hill are not Tech savvy enough to understand what questions they should be asking. Ted Cruz made a point which is on every Conservative's mind which deals with Facebook.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

William
Staff

I see the "Conservative Meme Machine" is at work today:

1729885107_Liberallogic.thumb.png.8c14faa7c5eb65a2a7db689a3a5a4da3.png

337688644_LiberalLogic(2).png.9ef8290de14b77f486393b4e7bb556ce.png

• Like 1

davidtaylorjr
I've never liked Ted cruze, not since that opportunist tried to undermine Ben Carson by spreading gossip that Carson was going to bow out of the race, so anything that he does, to me is about as sincere as a crack junkie.

When did this occur? I don't recall Cruz himself doing that, but rather a political action committee.

Also, with regard to Facebook, this whole mess is ridiculous. People give Facebook permission to use their info, it is spelled out in their user and privacy agreements. If you didn't read it before you started posting every detail of your life that is your own dumb fault.

• Like 2

William
Staff

When did this occur? I don't recall Cruz himself doing that, but rather a political action committee.

Also, with regard to Facebook, this whole mess is ridiculous. People give Facebook permission to use their info, it is spelled out in their user and privacy agreements. If you didn't read it before you started posting every detail of your life that is your own dumb fault.

Facebook is actually tracking people that never gave permission to them: https://www.theblaze.com/video/heres...ave-an-account

Looks like Facebook is able to "profile" people based on 3rd party information.

God bless,

William

davidtaylorjr

Facebook is actually tracking people that never gave permission to them: https://www.theblaze.com/video/heres...ave-an-account

Looks like Facebook is able to "profile" people based on 3rd party information.

God bless,

William

They key here is that it is third party information, not your information. As far as collecting information via a like button, which I actually doubt, if it does occur it would be through the use of cookies. If you are that worried about it, clear your cookies regularly or use private browsing. But most companies collect information on visitors whether they tell you or not. That is how the internet works.

You don't have to give them permission to collect that data, it is implied. The more you put on the web, the more these companies will have on you. The only way to not have this data collected is to keep it to yourself.

• Like 1

William
Staff

They key here is that it is third party information, not your information. As far as collecting information via a like button, which I actually doubt, if it does occur it would be through the use of cookies. If you are that worried about it, clear your cookies regularly or use private browsing. But most companies collect information on visitors whether they tell you or not. That is how the internet works.

You don't have to give them permission to collect that data, it is implied. The more you put on the web, the more these companies will have on you. The only way to not have this data collected is to keep it to yourself.

Wonder if this "hearsay" 3rd party information would be ever made admissible in court? I wouldn't doubt it, they'd probably sell the science behind it as highly accurate.

The above article gave some "tools" for browsers to help minimize tracking. Recently I switched to a private DNS in order to minimize my digital footprint: https://www.christforums.org/forum/e...ew-dns-service

I don't know whether you are informed but rather recently law came into effect allowing ISPs to now sell your browsing history to 3rd parties. That's why I moved my DNS from them to Cloudflare.

God bless,

William

davidtaylorjr

Wonder if this "hearsay" 3rd party information would be ever made admissible in court? I wouldn't doubt it, they'd probably sell the science behind it as highly accurate.

The above article gave some "tools" for browsers to help minimize tracking. Recently I switched to a private DNS in order to minimize my digital footprint: https://www.christforums.org/forum/e...ew-dns-service

I don't know whether you are informed but rather recently law came into effect allowing ISPs to now sell your browsing history to 3rd parties. That's why I moved my DNS from them to Cloudflare.

God bless,

William

I guess I'm just not that worried about it. I don't have anything to hide :D

• Like 1

ConfessionalLutheran

Here's my information. I do have a fourteen year old daughter who lives away from me ( with her mother and step- father) and while I've always considered myself a moderate, I do give both conservative and liberal positions the weight I think they deserve ( so I suppose I lean conservative). It's mildly irritating, but I haven't had jackbooted thugs try to break down my door and axe the PC, so I'm not overly troubled by it.

1327998127_MyBS!.thumb.png.889e43441c4b4305783fcf49a318a403.png

William
Staff
It's mildly irritating, but I haven't had jackbooted thugs try to break down my door and axe the PC, so I'm not overly troubled by it.

The OP stated:

He mentioned posts about the IRS scandal in which former employee Lois Lerner was accused of targeting conservative groups for additional review, posts about Gov. Mitt Romney (R-Mass.), radio host Glenn Beck, and the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Maryland.

Lets hope that Facebook doesn't sell our information to other parties that may misuse it. For example, not only the IRS, but financial institutions running background checks on people applying for financial loans, school loans etc. It isn't that I don't have anything to hide, I don't trust everyone and what some may do with my information. It's one thing receiving unwanted spam etc, it's another having this information come up in back ground checks which may have an impact in some area of occupation or finances etc.

I don't even trust the government to a certain extent. I mean they targeted a certain demographic in the past when drafting for the Vietnam war. They targeted 18 year old males not attending college. Liberal numbers grew and Conservative numbers fell. My point is not to make a conspiracy theory, but after having the government already target Conservatives in the IRS scandal, I wouldn't trust them to information gathered by companies in order to profile people for a future draft where they are targeting political or religious "ideology".

Do you really think that this is really so crazy that it is not possible? Our Intelligence sometimes uses social media to find and target the enemy as reported in the past. Imagine if certain social media or Internet foot printing was used to target only a certain ideology? And then they went after that ideological group. No biggie when it is the enemy, but what about some private corporation etc?

God bless,

William

• Like 1

just_me

When did this occur? I don't recall Cruz himself doing that, but rather a political action committee..

It was his champagne that sent out those E-mails to Carson's supporters, I believe, not a PAC. There is a reason why Ted Cruze is disliked by so many on the right.

William
Staff

Please, Don't make excuses for this self aggrandizing hypocrite. It was his champagne that did what they did. There is a reason why Ted Cruze is disliked by so many on the right.

Curious, do you know Cruz's voting record? He is far from a hypocrite when it comes to Conservative values. What was Trump's or Carson's political voting record?

And right, one of Cruz's campaign leaders announced false information (claimed Carson pulled out of the race before voting was finalized) about Carson for which Cruz apologized in public numerous times. Likewise, but ignored, Trump's very very good friend had spread information that Cruz had multiple mistresses. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.77912ae33fa6

When you say hated by the right what do you mean by right? Cruz is loved by Tea Party members. And lets look up the numbers of the Tea Party:

"About four-in-ten (41%) Republicans and Republican leaners agree with the Tea Party movement, while 45% say they have no opinion either way. The percentage agreeing with the Tea Party has declined from its peak of 58% in October of 2010, and has fluctuated around 40% for much of the last year." https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...d-cruz/309881/

God bless,

William

davidtaylorjr
It was his champagne that sent out those E-mails to Carson's supporters, I believe, not a PAC. There is a reason why Ted Cruze is disliked by so many on the right.

I notice you didn't actually answer my question.

just_me

Curious, do you know Cruz's voting record? He is far from a hypocrite when it comes to Conservative values. What was Trump's or Carson's political voting record?

And right, one of Cruz's campaign leaders announced false information (claimed Carson pulled out of the race before voting was finalized) about Carson for which Cruz apologized in public numerous times. Likewise, but ignored, Trump's very very good friend had spread information that Cruz had multiple mistresses. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.77912ae33fa6

When you say hated by the right what do you mean by right? Cruz is loved by Tea Party members. And lets look up the numbers of the Tea Party:

"About four-in-ten (41%) Republicans and Republican leaners agree with the Tea Party movement, while 45% say they have no opinion either way. The percentage agreeing with the Tea Party has declined from its peak of 58% in October of 2010, and has fluctuated around 40% for much of the last year." https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...d-cruz/309881/

God bless,

William

I removed that post and I don't care about his record. I care about his character.

William
Staff

Here's what I think he is referring and what I was referring to:

690204178_pastedimage0.png.7e26e83dc3815ddcc1153dd1978834fe.png

844104580_pastedimage1.png.358be1e20628a6824e017fcf26d9cd4d.png

davidtaylorjr
You noticed nothing. You posted something and I refuted it. I was looking for links to back up what I said. If you want to get snarky on this my friend I can return the favor.

Republican Cruz Apologizes for Email on Carson Quitting

I'm not being snarky, and no, you didn't answer my question or successfully refute my statement. I asked when Cruz Himself did that because you said Ted Cruz himself did it. The facts are Ted Cruz did no such thing but a member of his staff did. The fact that Cruz apologized for it shows he HAS integrity.

• Like 1

davidtaylorjr

Here's what I think he is referring and what I was referring to:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"310","width":"630","data-attachmentid":69773}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","height":"590","width":"600","data-attachmentid":69774}[/ATTACH]

Correct, not Cruz himself.

• Like 1

William
Staff

God bless,

William

I removed that post and I don't care about his record. I care about his character.

If you ignore a candidate's voting record you're ignoring the reality of how they vote on various issues. A hypocrite will campaign promise one thing and vote another way. If that doesn't help objectively inform a voter of the candidate's character what does?

just_me

The Ted Cruz people sent out E-mails to Carson supporters without confirming or clarifying anything. Do you take CNN at their word for anything? I don't and I never did. Ted Cruz is an opportunists

just_me

I'm not being snarky, and no, you didn't answer my question or successfully refute my statement. I asked when Cruz Himself did that because you said Ted Cruz himself did it. The facts are Ted Cruz did no such thing but a member of his staff did. The fact that Cruz apologized for it shows he HAS integrity.

You actually take this guy for his words and not his actions. Do you really think that a staff member. Someone that does Cruze's bidding did this out of the blue without his knowledge?

William
Staff
The Ted Cruz people sent out E-mails to Carson supporters without confirming or clarifying anything. Do you take CNN at their word for anything? I don't and I never did. Ted Cruz is an opportunists You guys can defend your hero as much as you wish.

We don't need to defend Cruz. His record speaks for itself.

God bless,

William

just_me
@William I don't ignore anything. Voting records are one thing. The manner of person an individual is more important . Why do you think God looks at our hearts instead of our actions.

davidtaylorjr

You actually take this guy for his words and not his actions. Do you really think that a staff member. Someone that does Cruze's bidding did this out of the blue without his knowledge?

Actually the fact that you argue that shows you don't know how campaigns work. I used to work in politics and on quite a few campaign staffs (including presidential campaigns) and yes, the staff MANY times will do things the candidate does not explicitly know about or sign off on. That is standard.

just_me

We don't need to defend Cruz. His record speaks for itself.

God bless,

William

His record speaks to what he wants his constituents to see. I know for a fact that the face an opportunist shows the world when everything is going his way is far different than the face he will reveal when everything is falling apart. This goes directly to the character of a person and Cruz is an opportunists, which means none of this matters when the $^&*) hits the fan. All that matters to Cruz is Cruz.