SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Eric T.

Who Likes Cats?

Eric T.

OK, the main reason for this thread is to ask @just_me if he has or likes cats. I like your latest avatar, just_me. As for myself, my wife son and I have four cats. Two girls and two boys. For a little while we had five, but our dearly loved Theo, who was unusually intelligent and a one-in-a-million, died in the fall. He was a huge rag doll breed and we still miss him. We seem to make a business of rescuing strays.

Edit: Didn't mean to leave anyone out. If anyone else likes cats or has a story to share, please do!

Innerfire89

I love all animals, I've always had pets of some kind, many times I'll feed stray cars or dogs, or raccoons! Lol. One of the last cats I had I found injured in a cemitary, so I brought him home and nurses him back to life, I named him tombstone.

There's a dog that stays around my house because I feed him, he has a deformed leg and the previous owners used to beat him, they were evicted from where they lived and just left him. For a long time he wouldn't let anyone near him, but he came around eventually, I named him footleg because his deformed foot/leg. Lol.

I was serious about the raccoons, I just feed whatever comes around, raccoons can be dangerous though, but opossums are pretty harmless.

• Like 2

just_me
OK, the main reason for this thread is to ask @just_me if he has or likes cats. I like your latest avatar, just_me. As for myself, my wife son and I have four cats. Two girls and two boys. For a little while we had five, but our dearly loved Theo, who was unusually intelligent and a one-in-a-million, died in the fall. He was a huge rag doll breed and we still miss him. We seem to make a business of rescuing strays.

Edit: Didn't mean to leave anyone out. If anyone else likes cats or has a story to share, please do!

I love all animals, but there is a special place in my heart for cats.

I posted this not long after I came here https://www.christforums.org/forum/l...rules-for-cats

When I was younger, I had a cat which was solid black, with only a small spot of white that I named Black Velvet for the 1/2 pint of Black Velvet whiskey the thing tipped over the very night I got her. She was an incredible animal and kept me entertained all the time I had her. She even taught herself to retrieve a wad of bread ties I twined together and gave me the companionship that I needed when I was ion my death spiral into oblivion with drugs and alcohol. It was my alcoholism separated us and I never knew what happened to her, but I hope and pray that God lead her to the family she so richly deserved. I know I wasn't, at the time, but I wasn't much of anything at that time.

I went down many dark paths trying to run my life and after all the moronic things I did the good Lord took me by the hand and lead me into detox and from there, into the Army, which gave me the kick I needed to strighten out my life. I didn't understand until I gave my life to him that he was the one that spared me the fate I so richly deserved and guided me out of that darkness and into the light. I at time remember the way I was a tear up when I think of the patience and love our heavenly father showed me all bmy life.

I still love cats more than anything and would love to have one right now, but I drive a truck all over the country and I don't think it would be fair to any animal to make it live it's life in the cab of a truck. I will probably have to wait till I'm retired to have another cat and give it the attention that it deserves. I know that any cat I get will not be my old cat Velvet, but I do know that it will be black and it will be a peoplecat, because I will love it to death and fall asleep to that wonderful purring sound that I once was so accustomed to hear before my stupidity lost it so long ago.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 2

just_me
I love all animals, I've always had pets of some kind, many times I'll feed stray cars or dogs, or raccoons! Lol. One of the last cats I had I found injured in a cemitary, so I brought him home and nurses him back to life, I named him tombstone.

There's a dog that stays around my house because I feed him, he has a deformed leg and the previous owners used to beat him, they were evicted from where they lived and just left him. For a long time he wouldn't let anyone near him, but he came around eventually, I named him footleg because his deformed foot/leg. Lol.

I was serious about the raccoons, I just feed whatever comes around, raccoons can be dangerous though, but opossums are pretty harmless.

Thank you and God bless you for your compassion. I truly think that God gave us pets to teach us how to treat our fellow man. I just wish we'd be better learners, but we are what we are and for those who don't listen to the Lord will get their reward when the time comes.

I have a particular anger for those who mistreat animals. I live with my cousin and her husband and she rescued a black lab that has a strange eye condition where her tear ducts excrete something that looks like snot that gets all over her eyes. Every now and then we have to take some tissue and wipe it off. Well anyway, the previous owners mistreated the dog and when I first encountered it, it was really skidish around men. I had to keep on petting her, over and over before she finally started coming to me, but it was wonderful when she did. It made my day.

She is getting up in years, especially for large dogs, as I think she is equivilant to 78 right now, but that dog will lay on the couch, with her hind quarters and stand up on her front legs and will watch the tv like the rest of the family. It's wild, but that's our lady.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 2

GaoLu

I like cats. My wife does not. We had a cat we called "Grandma" who was most fertile and kept us in kittens, but coyotes kept the population balanced (sorry!) Meanwhile my wife's sister maintains a herd of cats, half wild, and feeds her "babies" at untold expense. The cats surely have no love for the hand that feeds them milk and canned kitty grub every day. My idea of a good cat is one that lives outside and sleeps on a lawn chair and catches mice with enthusiasm.

• Like 3

Eric T.
If you like happy endings, here's one to save

https://video.nationalgeographic.com...rescue-vin-spd

BTW; I like cats. My son found a baby cat (kitten) in the middle of a parking lot. He took it home and now she lives with me.

That was awesome! When people can rescue helpless animals, it is a way they can fulfill their roll as God's vice regents here on earth.

• Like 2

Eric T.

Once, when I was riding my bicycle around the neighborhood after dark, I saw some paws reaching out of the storm sewer grate along the side of the street. I stopped to investigate and discovered there were a couple of racoon kits in there with their mother. Somehow I managed to avoid getting bitten, but they didn't seem like they meant me harm, they just seemed curious. I think they used the storm sewer as an underground highway. I remember the little churring sounds they made.

• Like 1

Faber

At the campuses I teach at here in China I carry a container of cat food in my backpack. If I see a stray cat (or even a stray dog) I feed them.

• Like 6

Innerfire89

Raccoons are usually harmless, but if they have rabies they could hurt you pretty bad. But a lot of people feed them and even keep em as pets.

• Like 1

Sue D.

We'd had dogs off and on over the years. Then a lady my husband mowed lawn for left a black kitten with food for him at the farm. He took it home with the food. He turned out to be a great indoor / outdoor cat. He introduced us into the world of ferral cats. After a while, we put a colar on him, he didn't like it and managed to claw it off. Once he was gone for an entire day and we figured he'd run off or gotten hit by a car. But he Did come back home late. He started bringing neighborhood cats home with him. I refer to the black cat as a him, no idea what it really was. There were other kittens who'd pop up around our property and we'd leave food out for them. The black cat got jeolous when he'd realized we were feeding 'someone else'. One evening when it was really cold, he'd gotten mad at Us for giving him a lecture about the kitten. He trotted off and never came back. There were other black cats around the neighborhood , so we couldn't go and 'get ours' cause we didn't have any way of IDing him. So we adopted the younger cat and after a while we realized that there's communication amongst the cat population. They spread the word as to where the food and water are. After some time -- the one now grown cat brought a friend around. And after a while -- they brought a line of 4 kittens down the street to our house. Over the fews years since the, we've been through probably 4 litters of kittens. The latest yellow cat recently gave birth and goes across the street and around the corner on a regular basis and comes back to eat. We hope to eventually see those kittens, too.

At one point we had triplet yellow kittens around the yard -- we'd watch them playing from the bedroom window -- they were so cute. Only once did I see the actual entire litter of 6 kittens. The three others were various colors so we knew there were a few males involved.

• Like 2

William
Staff

Here's my Abigail. She thinks it funny to take my seat when I get up.

IMG_6947.thumb.JPG.27b5959dcff701960f314941d6dba57a.JPG

Abigail never shows interests in cat toys, she'd rather have the box they come in.

IMG_7113.thumb.JPG.84dd6411a94386fc50f632554930e044.JPG

One day a bird flew into the glass window and knocked itself out. I nursed it back to health, but notice Abigail's dilated pupils and ears back. This was her first encounter with a bird as she's a house kitty.

IMG_6964.thumb.JPG.3bbfe107cc8ab842b7863d35d30be28b.JPG

God bless,

William

• Like 4

Sue D.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_6947.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t92.9 KB ID:\t69334","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"69334","data-size":"custom","height":"420","width":"632"}[/ATTACH]

Abigail never shows interests in cat toys, she'd rather have the box they come in.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_7113.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t91.1 KB ID:\t69335","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"69335","data-size":"custom","height":"422","width":"634"}[/ATTACH]

One day a bird flew into the glass window and knocked itself out. I nursed it back to health, but notice Abigail's dilated pupils and ears back. This was her first encounter with a bird as she's a house kitty.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_6964.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t118.0 KB ID:\t69338","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"69338","data-size":"custom","height":"422","width":"634"}[/ATTACH]

God bless,

William

Ever notice that kids are the same way -- more interested in playing with the box that the toy came in rather than the toy?!

Wonderful pictures. Animals don't need verbal conversation, their eyes / body language 'says' it all.

• Like 1

GaoLu

The last picture is a good illustration: When danger threatens, we are secure in God's hand.

• Like 4

Just Mike

Raccoons! They are a rotten pest! We have raccoons, lots of them! The have killed our pet Kitty cats, they get on our enclosed back porch and eat our cat food and muddy up the cats water. They get under our house and have eaten off the covering of our electric wires. Had babies under our house. Frankly raccoons get rabbis and if bitten by one you are headed for lots of shots.

I delight in trapping these nasty varmints. When I trap a raccoon(usually at night) I pull the cage with the raccoon in it over near our burn barrel. I go get my trusty 22 rifle, and carefully aim at their cute little eyes as they snarl, and make loud mean noises, pull the trigger two times and send these nasty critters to h**L where they came from.

We have six cats, four are outside cats that we love on every time we go outside and they love us, Two are males (fixed) and are 11 years old Two are spayed females about 16 months old. Two inside cats are spayed females one is 12 and the other is 14 a Siamese with so pretty blue eyes, her name is Baby Girl, she sleeps on the bottom of our bed and has from a couple months old. Now we take very good care of our pets we feed then IAMS pet food. We have a 12 year old small dog which is almost blind, she gets around ok.

In addition we have planted gardens over the years and because of the raccoons and deer we have lost all kinds of veggies. We had to build a large fence around the garden area, due to these pesty raccoons. So its with delight I trap all the raccoons and opossums that are dumb enough to enter the trap of death, I gladly get rid of all I can.

• Like 3

Just Mike
At the campuses I teach at here in China I carry a container of cat food in my backpack. If I see a stray cat (or even a stray dog) I feed them.

How long have you lived in China?

Innerfire89

Raccoons! They are a rotten pest! We have raccoons, lots of them! The have killed our pet Kitty cats, they get on our enclosed back porch and eat our cat food and muddy up the cats water. They get under our house and have eaten off the covering of our electric wires. Had babies under our house. Frankly raccoons get rabbis and if bitten by one you are headed for lots of shots.

I delight in trapping these nasty varmints. When I trap a raccoon(usually at night) I pull the cage with the raccoon in it over near our burn barrel. I go get my trusty 22 rifle, and carefully aim at their cute little eyes as they snarl, and make loud mean noises, pull the trigger two times and send these nasty critters to h**L where they came from.

We have six cats, four are outside cats that we love on every time we go outside and they love us, Two are males (fixed) and are 11 years old Two are spayed females about 16 months old. Two inside cats are spayed females one is 12 and the other is 14 a Siamese with so pretty blue eyes, her name is Baby Girl, she sleeps on the bottom of our bed and has from a couple months old. Now we take very good care of our pets we feed then IAMS pet food. We have a 12 year old small dog which is almost blind, she gets around ok.

In addition we have planted gardens over the years and because of the raccoons and deer we have lost all kinds of veggies. We had to build a large fence around the garden area, due to these pesty raccoons. So its with delight I trap all the raccoons and opossums that are dumb enough to enter the trap of death, I gladly get rid of all I can.

I see how they could be a problem, some places have a ton of raccoons, once they find food somewhere they keep coming back.

Is sounds like you might have a personal thing with raccoons. Lol.

• Like 1

GaoLu

Coons can be pests. But, imagine a coon that weighs 600-1200 pounds. We lived for years in Alaska. Know what one moose can do to a cabbage patch?

Edited by GaoLu
  • Like 3

davidtaylorjr

We have one black cat (who we guard very carefully on Reformation Day) and two dogs. All get along just fine.

• Like 4

Eric T.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_6947.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t92.9 KB ID:\t69334","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"69334","data-size":"custom","height":"420","width":"632"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_7113.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t91.1 KB ID:\t69335","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"69335","data-size":"custom","height":"422","width":"634"}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tIMG_6964.JPG Views:\t1 Size:\t118.0 KB ID:\t69338","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"69338","data-size":"custom","height":"422","width":"634"}[/ATTACH]

God bless,

William

Thanks, William for those great photos of your cat. She is sure pretty. Our cats also like to steal our seats when we get up. I think they like the warmth.

• Like 1

Eric T.

Mike, you should know better than to have yummy tasting insulation on those wires. Serves you right.

• Like 1

kathydixon

God bless,

William

As the Lord is my witness, I have a cat that looks just like yours and she sits in my living room chair if and when I get up.

BTW I posted about her earlier & she doesn't have a "name"; I just cal her catt

• Like 1

Eric T.

Has anyone ever seen all the videos of pet Toucans? I love them, they are so amusing and silly. Here's one that seems to want nothing more than to have it's head scratched.

• Like 1

JoeyH

I would love to have a cat but my husband loves dogs.

Whippets are pretty similar in that they love sleeping on the couch.