SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Truthfrees

Caravan of illegals approaching usa border

Truthfrees

a caravan of over 1000 south americans moving through mexico in an attempt to cross american border illegally

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/01/trump-calls-for-tough-immigration-reform-after-report-caravan-with-central-americans-heading-to-us.html

praying for God to intervene so they are not allowed to claim asylum

• Like 2

th1bill
man injures himself in fall from the border wall

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/10/border-agents-help-injured-mexican-trying-to-cross-into-us-illegally.html

things are getting crazy at the border in several ways

And so very much of our nation's people are well off and uncaring.. Just the idea that no-one has responded to this yet speaks reams.

• Like 1

Truthfrees

And so very much of our nation's people are well off and uncaring.. Just the idea that no-one has responded to this yet speaks reams.

i guess the mexican government is helping them make their way through mexico to the usa border

mexico does not allow them to claim asylum in mexico but i guess they have printed information on how these hondurans should apply at the usa border and claim asylum due to dangers in their country

there is no way to hold 1200 people at the border so they will have to release them in the usa and give them an appointment to come back and apply for asylum

praying that something will be done to make sure this huge scam will not prosper - Dear Father thank you for giving us President Trump - please intervene and protect the usa from the wicked scams and schemes - in Jesus' wonderful name stop the nonsense that is attacking the usa and president trump - praying the precious blood of Jesus over the borders to protect the innocent and arrest/stop/turn away all wickedness - in Jesus' name - Amen - so be it

• Like 3

just_me

I

It might also speak to the low level of original posters here. Last time I looked most of the OP posters are made by the news link and the satire thing. Also you've got to understand that migration is a secular subject not a spiritual one and many people are just too tired of politics too concern themselves with something that is already being discussed by those people who can do something and refuse.

• Like 1

Truthfrees
I

It might also speak to the rather low level of posting members here. Last time I looked most of the OP posters are made by the news link and the satire thing.

i noticed that too - God Bless you

• Like 1

just_me

i guess the mexican government is helping them make their way through mexico to the usa border

mexico does not allow them to claim asylum in mexico but i guess they have printed information on how these hondurans should apply at the usa border and claim asylum due to dangers in their country

there is no way to hold 1200 people at the border so they will have to release them in the usa and give them an appointment to come back and apply for asylum

praying that something will be done to make sure this huge scam will not prosper - Dear Father thank you for giving us President Trump - please intervene and protect the usa from the wicked scams and schemes - in Jesus' wonderful name stop the nonsense that is attacking the usa and president trump - praying the precious blood of Jesus over the borders to protect the innocent and arrest/stop/turn away all wickedness - in Jesus' name - Amen - so be it

What needs to be done is to militarize the boarder with the national guard, backed up by the regular Army and set up these closed military bases as containment areas for refugees until their status can be determined. Have the imigration courts run 24 hours, seven days a week and once they are judged they are either sent home or put into holding until someone of sustanance can sponcer them. They will recieve no government handouts and will recieve the same level of medical assistance that a tourist to our shores will get.

The sponcer will be the one who financially supports the person until they can pass the citizenship test to be able to function in our society and have meaningful employment which they are able to provide for themselves and those withing their family that they brought with them.

• Like 2

Truthfrees

What needs to be done is to militarize the boarder with the national guard, backed up by the regular Army and set up these closed military bases as containment areas for refugees until their status can be determined. Have the imigration courts run 24 hours, seven days a week and once they are judged they are either sent home or put into holding until someone of sustanance can sponcer them. They will recieve no government handouts and will recieve the same level of medical assistance that a tourist to our shores will get.

The sponcer will be the one who financially supports the person until they can pass the citizenship test to be able to function in our society and have meaningful employment which they are able to provide for themselves and those withing their family that they brought with them.

yes - i was thinking about the military - your ideas make sense - praying that president trump will be able to do something effective - unhindered by lower courts - that the sheriffs and law enforcement agencies that are supporting trump now will be backed by courts in a powerful way

this really is an invasion - there is no need for 1200 people from honduras to claim asylum

• Like 2

William
Staff

I live in California and nearby cities are currently battling Hepatitis epidemics. No wonder, just look at all these 3rd world people pouring in. No vaccinations nothing.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Becky

How much foreign aid does the United States provide to Mexico?

In 2015, Mexico received $338 million in aid that was broadly classified as economic development and military assistance, according to the U.S. Agency for International Development, or USAID.

Why do we pay Mexico anything?

• Like 2

just_me
How much foreign aid does the United States provide to Mexico?

In 2015, Mexico received $338 million in aid that was broadly classified as economic development and military assistance, according to the U.S. Agency for International Development, or USAID.

Why do we pay Mexico anything?

Because the politicians love to be liked.

• Like 3

Sue D.

A man was being interviewed by Tucker Carlson tonight -- seems that Mexico is using our welfare system for their people.

We don't want to Be invaded. Where are they supposed to Live?

They were talking about the laws relating to people going to Mexico illegally. Anywhere's from 2 -10 yrs in prison. And their prisons aren't as nice as ours. Hmm -- not many people try to get Into Mexico. Especially non-legally. Maybe we should adopt Mexican immigration laws. Ship them back and let them be in their own jails/ prisons.

• Like 2

just_me

I often wonder if Ancient Rome was going through this in the decades before it fell and if a good many of populous who would not lift a finger in defense of her were trying to siphon away her social strengths in order to placate their uncomfortably with living in a strong society.

I wonder how many other civilizations have seen rot from within because those who stood by while the energy of the builders created the society they benefited by and the blood of others was shed protecting their freedoms, finding themselves in positions of power had worked at dismantling it, because giving things away was the only thing they had that made themselves feel important?

Edited by just_me

theophilus

It seems that most people believe letting immigrants into this country is a bad thing. Most of us are descendants of immigrants. Where would we be today if earlier generations had shared our view of immigration? We should screen potential immigrants to keep out criminals and those who would likely end up on welfare, but most immigrans come here because they want a chance to live a better life. If allowed in they will get jobs and support the country by paying taxes. Immigrants like this should be encouraged.

just_me
It seems that most people believe letting immigrants into this country is a bad thing. Most of us are descendants of immigrants. Where would we be today if earlier generations had shared our view of immigration? We should screen potential immigrants to keep out criminals and those who would likely end up on welfare, but most immigrans come here because they want a chance to live a better life. If allowed in they will get jobs and support the country by paying taxes. Immigrants like this should be encouraged.

I can't speak for everyone but for me, I am talking about Illegal immigration. That is a bad thing, since it is disrespectful to the place they go to and the people who have to make room for them, who do have to follow the rules that they have ignored in coming here illegally. . It is the principal of the thing.

Would anyone let a person stay in their house that just walked in off the street and took a seat on their couch and demanded to stay because they claimed they were homeless? There are places for people like that, but there is a line and there is a reason for that line. It is not because we don't feel compassion for these people, but because we like order in our lives and we like the security that our culture and society created for us, because of the very laws that these people thumb their noses at.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 3

Truthfrees
A man was being interviewed by Tucker Carlson tonight -- seems that Mexico is using our welfare system for their people.

We don't want to Be invaded. Where are they supposed to Live?

They were talking about the laws relating to people going to Mexico illegally. Anywhere's from 2 -10 yrs in prison. And their prisons aren't as nice as ours. Hmm -- not many people try to get Into Mexico. Especially non-legally. Maybe we should adopt Mexican immigration laws. Ship them back and let them be in their own jails/ prisons.

yes - those who attack us are doing those very things in a greater degree

fascinating how they are not convicted in their own heart of the clear hypocrisy

Sue D.

It's the Non-legal aspect that we are objecting to.

Sue D.

On Fox News just a few minutes ago == apparently the caravan of people has been disbanded -- something about potentially being apprehended in the process -- being sent back. Is that true or false news?!?!

• Like 1

William
Staff
On Fox News just a few minutes ago == apparently the caravan of people has been disbanded -- something about potentially being apprehended in the process -- being sent back. Is that true or false news?!?!

If it's true it just demonstrates the effectiveness of an "ideological" border wall. We should clearly declare that we are not a country without borders and that any illegals will be prosecuted. The problem we are facing is that sanctuary cities etc are declaring a contrary message.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Truthfrees

i've heard both alternatively through the day

some say the 1200 -2000 broke up and are travelling toward the border in trains and smaller groups

others say mexico has disbanded them and are deporting many of them out their south border at trump's urging

there is a seminar in north mexico to train these hondurans how to apply for asylum in the usa and the fact that it can take 1-3 years to get a court date - which means they get to stay that long in the usa - and that 98% don't even show up at their asylum hearing anyway - making it all a joke

Sue D.

i've heard both alternatively through the day

some say the 1200 -2000 broke up and are travelling toward the border in trains and smaller groups

others say mexico has disbanded them and are deporting many of them out their south border at trump's urging

there is a seminar in north mexico to train these hondurans how to apply for asylum in the usa and the fact that it can take 1-3 years to get a court date - which means they get to stay that long in the usa - and that 98% don't even show up at their asylum hearing anyway - making it all a joke

At least the attempt is being made. Time will tell.

theophilus
I am talking about Illegal immigration. That is a bad thing

Have you considered the possibility that our laws are bad in making so much immigration illegal?

https://www.christforums.org/forum/christian-community/morality-and-laws/66633-immigration-and-evangelism

Christians are commanded to help those in need and one way we can do this is to make it easier for people to immigrate to our country.

Sue D.

Have you considered the possibility that our laws are bad in making so much immigration illegal?

https://www.christforums.org/forum/christian-community/morality-and-laws/66633-immigration-and-evangelism

Christians are commanded to help those in need and one way we can do this is to make it easier for people to immigrate to our country.

Yes, there Are two points of view. However -- there are Millions of people who have migrated to this country Legally. Following the Laws. If they Don't, they pay the consequences. There is the perspective that the foreign mission field is coming to Us. Evangelize as much as possible. And it's true that no one is wearing a label saying "I'm legal" or "I'm Not legal".

If there were only a few hundred or a few thousand here as migrant workers, it wouldn't really be that much Of a problem. And that's how all of 'this' started out. The people would go along borders of Texas for one and pick the crops -- seasonal workers. They would not be infiltrating our country with all sorts of crime Against us. They would not be draining our welfare systems, etc.

IF people from other countries Did get legitimate sponsorship from people Here, were in the process Of gaining citizenship -- had jobs, etc. were using Visa's legally --making a real effort to learn English -- that would be a different story.

But they Don't. When people are here Non-legally and are committing crimes -- they Need to be deported Away. Or put in jail / prison -- there Are groups that are involved in Ministry To them. Lots of people who are incarcerated Do accept Christ as personal Savior.

Would you / do you have an open-door policy to your private home? Anyone can enter at any time they want? They would be more likely to steal from you or threaten to harm you -- Rather than listen to your attempts at evangelizing them.

If you want to go to a home-less shelter or find people living on the streets and take them home with you -- share a meal and Scripture -- whatever you feel led to do. Go for it. Just make sure that your wife and kids are safe and okay with it.

One of My questions has been -- and it recently came up on Fox News -- what are the Mexican laws concerning people entering Their country illegally. Basically -- from 2 - 10 yrs in prison. IF they live after being caught. And how many people actually Want to go To Mexico. Well -- people Do enjoy the resort areas. They Are beautiful. But I certain would go somewhere else if I wanted to go to a resort area. I'm not going to give Mexico a penny of my money.

• Like 2

th1bill
I often wonder if Ancient Rome was going through this in the decades before it fell and if a good many of populous who would not lift a finger in defense of her were trying to siphon away her social strengths in order to placate their uncomfortably with living in a strong society.

I wonder how many other civilizations have seen rot from within because those who stood by while the energy of the builders created the society they benefited by and the blood of others was shed protecting their freedoms, finding themselves in positions of power had worked at dismantling it, because giving things away was the only thing they had that made themselves feel important?

From the materials I studied as a young soldier These things, all of the way down to Homosexual Unions were common before the fall. And I cannot help but beieve that the same is true of Yisrael, today known as Israel Restored.

• Like 1

Becky

Do you have any unknown grown young men living in your home. Ones you have zero idea of there backgrounds. ..

• Like 1