SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Just Mike

Are Police not being careful before shooting someone?

Just Mike

We are told to respect Officers of the law. But we have seen several cases where Police made deadly mistakes.

Once recent Police killing took place when Stephen Clark 22 was shot 8 times by Sacramento, CA Police. Clark was shot 6 times in the back and once i the neck and thigh. Bullets broke bones, piercing his lungs. Death was not instantaneous and took between 3 to 10 minuets. Police thought he had a gun, but instead he had a cell phone in his hand.

As Christians how do we support our police, and yet when they are wrong what can we do?

• Like 2

islandrazor

While there may be no justification for shooting and killing an unarmed man, there may be an explanation in the events which lead to the shooting. What the media seems to focus on is, Police shoot unarmed black man holding a cell phone.

He was breaking into cars. Police received a phone call. He ran and held a cell phone up. I just watched the video. It was dark. This one would be a difficult one to call.

First, don’t be engaged in criminal activity. Don’t run, don’t resist and don’t have anything in your hands that could be mistaken as a weapon.

It is a shame there is a lack of trust between police and black men. We have to look at the underlying causes, not focus on a protest to defend a criminal who wouldn’t have been shot had he not put himself in a situation where the police had to get involved.

• Like 4

Sue D.

Police are human beings -- they are acting in the moment. They go through rigorous training in an effort to Protect the Public. The public sees the picture on TV. And often times Not the entire picture.

And, yes, the Best thing is to Not commit crimes. Don't run from the police. Don't get involved with gangs or drugs or etc, etc.

Be a law abiding citizen.

• Like 4

just_me

Police are in a perpetual state of war with the unknown. No matter what, they have no clue whatsoever what any person will do and what realities a situation will provide.

• Like 4

theophilus

We live in a time when more people are carrying guns and using them for no apparent reason. Police are human and this fact frightens them just as much as it does anyone else. This fear may cause them to react more violently than they would otherwise.

• Like 4

Sue D.
We live in a time when more people are carrying guns and using them for no apparent reason. Police are human and this fact frightens them just as much as it does anyone else. This fear may cause them to react more violently than they would otherwise.

To be sure -- it Would.

deade

Every time they show you a video of an unarmed black man getting shot, he was resisting arrest. Like islandrazor said, the lack of respect the blacks have for officers runs deep. Things would not get out of control if they just obeyed. Anytime you are stopped by the police for an offense, you are technically under arrest. Do everything the officers says.

If this situation persists, of persecuting the police every time an unarmed person get shot, we will not have any candidates for the police academy.

:RpS_thumbdn:

b8ccb1c6318ef88f4c8378d3caedcb01.jpg

• Like 5

Innerfire89
Police are in a perpetual state of war with the unknown. No matter what, they have no clue whatsoever what any person will do and what realities a situation will provide.

There is a video on YouTube from a police body cam. The call was for a mentally disabled man who wanted to shovel his neighbors snow to make some cash, but when they didn't hire him he wouldn't take no for an answer. The video shows the officer talking

Calmly to the man, but he flipped out and hit the officer with the shovel, so he shot him.

The reason why police always touch the trunk of your car if they pull you over is to make sure no one will pop out and shot them.

Definitely danger around every corner.

• Like 2

Innerfire89

If I were a cop I imagine I'd be quick to shot too, in pretty much any situation with any person.

Truthfrees
We are told to respect Officers of the law. But we have seen several cases where Police made deadly mistakes.

Once recent Police killing took place when Stephen Clark 22 was shot 8 times by Sacramento, CA Police. Clark was shot 6 times in the back and once i the neck and thigh. Bullets broke bones, piercing his lungs. Death was not instantaneous and took between 3 to 10 minuets. Police thought he had a gun, but instead he had a cell phone in his hand.

As Christians how do we support our police, and yet when they are wrong what can we do?

pray for the many good police that are true servants of their community

pray that the few bad officers are removed - they have no business being a community servant

pray for the officers that make a mistake

• Like 5

Truthfrees
Every time they show you a video of an unarmed black man getting shot, he was resisting arrest. Like islandrazor said, the lack of respect the blacks have for officers runs deep. Things would not get out of control if they just obeyed. Anytime you are stopped by the police for an offense, you are technically under arrest. Do everything the officers says.

If this situation persists, of persecuting the police every time an unarmed person get shot, we will not have any candidates for the police academy.

:RpS_thumbdn:

b8ccb1c6318ef88f4c8378d3caedcb01.jpg

in many communities the officers - including black officers - will not attend calls in risky areas - areas that are known to disrespect the police - and also domestic abuse calls (many women turn on the police that come to rescue them)

no sense in police officers risking their life for those who disrespect them

• Like 2

Truthfrees

i was a part of a community organization that was against police brutality

there were a few legitimate complaints - and then there were a few that were pretty strange/untrustworthy

our group was engaged in some good work for rectifying police abuse - but it also did some crazy liberal pc nonsense

i finally had to quit volunteering for them due to the strange counterproductive things they were doing

they were too focused on their "police brutality" narrative to be objective about the needs of the community

they seemed more anti-police than pro-resolution - trying to tie the hands of the police - which put businesses and neighborhoods at risk

Edited by Truthfrees
  • Like 2

just_me

We can support the truth by waiting till we know truth to it's fullness. I idea of supporting the police is to support an institution and the ideals behind it. Those who abuse an instituation usually assume that the institution needs them more than they need the institution and with that mindset they remove themselves from the considerations we have for that particular institution

A bad cop is a thug with a badge. A bad Christian is hypocrite with a label. Both are nothing more than a stain and should be clensed in a way appropriate to the institution they troll.

• Like 2

islandrazor

We can support the truth by waiting till we know truth to it's fullness. I idea of supporting the police is to support an institution and the ideals behind it. Those who abuse an instituation usually assume that the institution needs them more than they need the institution and with that mindset they remove themselves from the considerations we have for that particular institution

A bad cop is a thug with a badge. A bad Christian is hypocrite with a label. Both are nothing more than a stain and should be clensed in a way appropriate to the institution they troll.

They actually seem to believe he was armed. It's a tough call in the dark, but he should not have been breaking into cars, nor should he have run or be holding anything in his hands in the dark when police were holding guns on him. Prayers for the family and the police. Some seek to exploit this unfortunate event. The mendacious liberal news media fuels the anger.

Edited by islandrazor

deade
i was a part of a community organization that was against police brutality

there were a few legitimate complaints - and then there were a few that were pretty strange/untrustworthy

our group was engaged in some good work for rectifying police abuse - but it also did some crazy liberal pc nonsense

i finally had to quit volunteering for them due to the strange counterproductive things they were doing

they were too focused on their "police brutality" narrative to be objective about the needs of the community

they seemed more anti-police than pro-resolution - trying to tie the hands of the police - which put businesses and neighborhoods at risk

You know truthfrees, when I worked missions in Oakland, CA, I attended a black church (all-denoms) group committee. They represented about 60-90 churches in the area. They were talking about how to clean up the neighborhoods of crack dealers. They wanted to do it without the police for the most part. I asked to speak to them, and they let me.

I told them they had the whole city political machine with them. The mayor and most department heads were black. Get those politicians on their side and work with the police. Most cops are good and want good for their city. Root out the bad cops and get clean working with what is left. I told them that is the only way they would be successful. They didn't heed and they didn't get a clean city. :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 2

Fastfredy0

I wish the media would print the family, criminal and mental records of the person shot so I could get some perspective.

I wish the media would not go out of it's way to report cases where the cop is color "X" and the person shot is color "Y"; and color "X" and color "Y" is almost always the same color. (coincidence ? ) Why is there rarely (non proportionally) a story where color "Y" shots color "X". Why is there rarely (non proportionally) a story where color "Z" shots color "A"? Why is it (non proportionally) a story where color "Y shoots color "Y" or color "X" shoots color "X"? Why the bias? What is the provable systemic issue?

I wish the media would mention in a sympathetic way the family members of the officer that was forced to make such a emotional critical decision in the same way they sympathetically mention the family of the person shot.

*end of rambling*

• Like 4

Becky

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City police officer was shot to death early Wednesday, ambushed in a marked police truck and "assassinated in an unprovoked attack" by a man with a revolver who was later killed by officers, police said.

I have not read a story yet of a cop just assassinating someone ... Bad cops need to be weeded out for sure.. ...

• Like 4

Truthfrees

You know truthfrees, when I worked missions in Oakland, CA, I attended a black church (all-denoms) group committee. They represented about 60-90 churches in the area. They were talking about how to clean up the neighborhoods of crack dealers. They wanted to do it without the police for the most part. I asked to speak to them, and they let me.

I told them they had the whole city political machine with them. The mayor and most department heads were black. Get those politicians on their side and work with the police. Most cops are good and want good for their city. Root out the bad cops and get clean working with what is left. I told them that is the only way they would be successful. They didn't heed and they didn't get a clean city. :RpS_thumbup:

wow - so strange isn't it - it seems like a type of RESIST movement is happening in a lot of places

with the group i was a part of there were 3 volunteer lawyers involved - they knew the procedures better than most of us and they still chose to be protesters rather than problem solvers

they did solve 3 legitimate cases - of police brutality - but the rest of the others were not real cases - it seems like they wanted to fabricate more cases than there really were - just trying to justify their organization really

i tried to bring some things up diplomatically - about community safety etc - but they were not interested in that either

they wanted to create a plethora of villains - when in reality there were only 3 villains

• Like 3

William
Staff
Police thought he had a gun, but instead he had a cell phone in his hand.

Exactly how was he holding the cell phone?

Anyone ever see the guns that fold up like cell phones? https://www.idealconceal.com/

NC_cellguard_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.038c181ada73bf99ee7d8bcb20bee014.jpg

God bless,

William

• Like 2

islandrazor

Anyone ever see the guns that fold up like cell phones? https://www.idealconceal.com/

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tNC_cellguard_1920x1080.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t52.5 KB ID:\t68503","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"68503","data-size":"custom","height":"347","width":"616"}[/ATTACH]

God bless,

William

I wouldn't want to be in their position, I couldn't see anything.

Sue D.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tNC_cellguard_1920x1080.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t52.5 KB ID:\t68503","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"68503","data-size":"custom","height":"347","width":"616"}[/ATTACH]

God bless,

William

A gun like that Would be ideal for the innocent protecting themselves -- but --just keep em away from the bad guys.

Kind of wonder if Society stands a chance these days.

Is part of society in danger of extinction?! Or maybe the minority groups can simply kill each other off.

Situation = a real Mess.

Sue D.
I wish the media would print the family, criminal and mental records of the person shot so I could get some perspective.

I wish the media would not go out of it's way to report cases where the cop is color "X" and the person shot is color "Y"; and color "X" and color "Y" is almost always the same color. (coincidence ? ) Why is there rarely (non proportionally) a story where color "Y" shots color "X". Why is there rarely (non proportionally) a story where color "Z" shots color "A"? Why is it (non proportionally) a story where color "Y shoots color "Y" or color "X" shoots color "X"? Why the bias? What is the provable systemic issue?

I wish the media would mention in a sympathetic way the family members of the officer that was forced to make such a emotional critical decision in the same way they sympathetically mention the family of the person shot.

*end of rambling*

"What is the provable systemic issue?" -- maybe something about "the tree of the knowledge of both good and Evil." that Adam and Eve ate from. :)

Very recently the media Has been looking into the lives of the victims of the bomber guy. Maybe the bad guys Are getting too much attention -- backgrounds, etc. on TV. All of That info Should be left inside the walls of the police station / FBI headquarters.

Fastfredy0

*end of rambling*

"What is the provable systemic issue?"

By that I questioned whether the law enforcement system has any significant flaws that can be demonstrated. I am implying that the system is good and the system can hardly be found to be at fault because it relies upon fallible men. I am implying that the media is creating a ‘boogie man’ where one does not exist. Specifically, that the system does not have a race problem and the media creates one because it sells their product.

Becky

a common enemy real or supposed units a group

• Like 1

Innerfire89

*end of rambling*

Whatever pushes liberal agenda is the story you get.