SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Even So

Pope says there is no hell?

Even So

Was looking where this would be started so i guess i will put it here. If he did in fact say it, wow. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. I also take exception to where an article refers to him as the "holy father" (caps omitted). This is why we don't honor but the one Father in Heaven.

• Like 1

Sue D.

If a person doesn't believe there's a hell -- then there would nothing to be saved From. Hence, no need For it. And that person would be destined to spend eternity there, would he? Obviously he's not reading his Bible -- especially not the part telling about it and who's going there.

That's true -- the only Father is God the Father in heaven.

davidtaylorjr
Was looking where this would be started so i guess i will put it here. If he did in fact say it, wow. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. I also take exception to where an article refers to him as the "holy father" (caps omitted). This is why we don't honor but the one Father in Heaven.

This is excatly why we believe in Sola Scriptura. No man should ever have as much power over faith as does the Pope in the Catholic tradition. It was always destined for error.

William
Staff

I'm sure the Vatican and Catholic apologists will run damage control and put a spin on what he said.

God bless,

William

Fastfredy0

I goggled "Pope says there is no hell". A lot of sites came up saying the Pope did not say such a thing.

If God changes his His rule to a democracy I will definitely vote (out of ignorance) for NO HELL.

• Like 1

William
Staff

Here's what I came up with:

Three days before Easter, the Vatican tried to tamp down a firestorm over a comment attributed to Pope Francis that hell "does not exist," which would mark a historic break with teachings of the Catholic Church.

The Vatican on Thursday rebuked Eugenio Scalfari, 93, a well-known Italian journalist who is the founder of Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper.

When asked where "bad souls" end up, according to the article in Thursday’s La Repubblica, Francis reportedly said that those who repent can be forgiven, but those who don't repent simply "disappear."

And then came the four words heard 'round the world: "Hell does not exist," the article quoted the pope as saying. "The disappearance of sinful souls exists.”

The Vatican issued a statement after the comments spread like wildfire on social media, saying the pope never granted the interview and the story was "the result of (the reporter's) reconstruction,” not a “faithful transcription of the words of the Holy Father." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/29/did-pope-francis-say-there-no-hell-not-quite-vatican-insists/470442002/

God bless,

William

davidtaylorjr

Three days before Easter, the Vatican tried to tamp down a firestorm over a comment attributed to Pope Francis that hell "does not exist," which would mark a historic break with teachings of the Catholic Church.

The Vatican on Thursday rebuked Eugenio Scalfari, 93, a well-known Italian journalist who is the founder of Italy’s La Repubblica newspaper.

When asked where "bad souls" end up, according to the article in Thursday’s La Repubblica, Francis reportedly said that those who repent can be forgiven, but those who don't repent simply "disappear."

And then came the four words heard 'round the world: "Hell does not exist," the article quoted the pope as saying. "The disappearance of sinful souls exists.”

The Vatican issued a statement after the comments spread like wildfire on social media, saying the pope never granted the interview and the story was "the result of (the reporter's) reconstruction,” not a “faithful transcription of the words of the Holy Father." https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/03/29/did-pope-francis-say-there-no-hell-not-quite-vatican-insists/470442002/

God bless,

William

Wow, what a convenient explanation.....

William
Staff

Anyone else find at least some consistency in this pope? I mean throughout the years it has been reported that Francis said atheist are heavenward, and that even dogs go to heaven. Now there's no hell.

That should be great news to us Protestants which do not share the same destiny as atheist and dogs according to the Roman Catholics. :RpS_w00t:

God bless,

William

davidtaylorjr
That should be great news to us Protestants which do not share the same destiny as atheist and dogs according to the Roman Catholics. :RpS_w00t:

I wouldn't call it great news. It is sad, because now many people will think that there are no consequences for sin.

• Like 1

Sue D.
I goggled "Pope says there is no hell". A lot of sites came up saying the Pope did not say such a thing.

If God changes his His rule to a democracy I will definitely vote (out of ignorance) for NO HELL.

You meant to say that you "googled" :)

There would probably be Lots of people who'd vote Lots if not Most of God's guidelines Out. Just think -- if everyone could live and do exactly what they wanted to do with no 'hell' in their future -- oh, what Fun -- however -- no one would be safe outside of their front door. No one would be safe on the streets.

So -- I'll Continue to ignore the Pope and follow God's Word that Doesn't change.

Sue D.

God bless,

William

Being able to simply disappear Would be better than the 'hell' described in Revelation 20 or so. And there Are those who believe that those who Are cast into the lake of fire and brimstone Will simply burn up and cease to exist. But that's already been discussed in another thread.

Sue D.
Anyone else find at least some consistency in this pope? I mean throughout the years it has been reported that Francis said atheist are heavenward, and that even dogs go to heaven. Now there's no hell.

God bless,

William

Inconsistancy in the Pope ? -- he's human just like the rest of us.