SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Ralfy

10 Amazing Facts about the 12 Apostles!

Ralfy

I decided to compile a few interesting facts about the Apostles I've been reading over the past few years into a youtube video. Reading about the Apostles and their acts really helped bring me to Christ.

Hopefully one day it may do the same for others. Also inspire them to get reading their bibles! [video=youtube_share;ZNWJGp0mugc]

Any other facts I'd love to hear them!

• Like 1

CDF47
I decided to compile a few interesting facts about the Apostles I've been reading over the past few years into a youtube video. Reading about the Apostles and their acts really helped bring me to Christ.

Hopefully one day it may do the same for others. Also inspire them to get reading their bibles! [video=youtube_share;ZNWJGp0mugc]

Any other facts I'd love to hear them!

Great video. Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 1

deade

Ralfy, you say you compiled this presentation. What scriptural reference do you have that the nephı̂yl was six fallen angels. According to Strong's it just means giants or tyrants. All cherubim are able to do is what God lets them do (fallen or otherwise). I know some people think differently, but I have searched and I challenge anyone to point to scripture saying they mated with women.:RpS_thumbup:

• Like 1

CDF47
Ralfy, you say you compiled this presentation. What scriptural reference do you have that the nephı̂yl was six fallen angels. According to Strong's it just means giants or tyrants. All cherubim are able to do is what God lets them do (fallen or otherwise). I know some people think differently, but I have searched and I challenge anyone to point to scripture saying they mated with women.:RpS_thumbup:

I agree. That is one part of the video I did not care for.

• Like 1

Ransol

Genesis 6. I know you know this passage, but what do you know that I don' know? What am I missing, here?

deade

Genesis 6. I know you know this passage, but what do you know that I don' know? What am I missing, here?

I gave the Strong's definition of the nephiyl. To say that any fallen cherubim (angel) can do more than God allows is preaching a weakened God. Satan and his cohorts are nothing but tools to overcome.

Ransol

Actually, God gave control of earth over to man, man gave it over to Satan. It is only temporary, but the Satan is the god of this world. 2 Corinthians 4:4

That's why Jesus didn't argue the fact that "all this" was Satan's to give if only He would bow down and worship him.

But, if you are replying to my previous post, I'm trying to find out why you posted the challenge about a scripture showing fallen angels mating with human women. I gave you genesis 6, knowing full well you are already aware of that passage. I am curious to know if there is more than meets the eye with that passage.

CDF47

Regarding Genesis 6 verse 2, I follow the Matthew Henry commentary below:

"The sons of God (that is, the professors of religion, who were called by the name of the Lord, and called upon that name), married the daughters of men, that is, those that were profane, and strangers to God and godliness."

• Like 1

Ransol
Regarding Genesis 6 verse 2, I follow the Matthew Henry commentary below:

"The sons of God (that is, the professors of religion, who were called by the name of the Lord, and called upon that name), married the daughters of men, that is, those that were profane, and strangers to God and godliness."

That is not what the "sons of God" is. Sons of God are angels, they are a direct creation of God. Adam was a son of God, we are sons of Adam, or sons of man because God creatated us, but not directly. He created us thru Adam.

The women that the sons of God took, were daughters of men.

CDF47

That is not what the "sons of God" is. Sons of God are angels, they are a direct creation of God. Adam was a son of God, we are sons of Adam, or sons of man because God creatated us, but not directly. He created us thru Adam.

The women that the sons of God took, were daughters of men.

I disagree. I believe sometimes in the Bible sons of God can be holy men.

• Like 1

Ransol

I disagree. I believe sometimes in the Bible sons of God can be holy men.

Where is it used in that context? We are saints, who believe in Christ. We are also told that we are adopted into His family. So we are also sons in that aspect. But we are also a new creation of God, a new direct creation, so we are sons in that way, too. Is that what you mean?

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Not a direct creation, or adopted Son.

CDF47

Where is it used in that context? We are saints, who believe in Christ. We are also told that we are adopted into His family. So we are also sons in that aspect. But we are also a new creation of God, a new direct creation, so we are sons in that way, too. Is that what you mean?

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Not a direct creation, or adopted Son.

Hosea 1:10 is another verse wheres "sons of God" refers to humans. Jesus is the "Son of God" and God the Father is Father to all of us. Hence, the "sons of God" sometimes refers to humans.

deade

God does not call cherubim or seraphim sons. I put it that way as most translations render angel as messenger.

Heb. 1:5: "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

Heb. 1:14: "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

People are constantly drawing doctrine on two instances (Gen. & Job) where they think these angels are called sons. Satan may run this world system by influencing man, but he does not step over any lines drawn by God. Satan is just a tool for us to overcome. Once we know of him and his tactics he is a defeated enemy. :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 1

Ransol
God does not call cherubim or seraphim sons. I put it that way as most translations render angel as messenger.

Heb. 1:5: "For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?"

Heb. 1:14: "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

People are constantly drawing doctrine on two instances (Gen. & Job) where they think these angels are called sons. Satan may run this world system by influencing man, but he does not step over any lines drawn by God. Satan is just a tool for us to overcome. Once we know of him and his tactics he is a defeated enemy. :RpS_thumbup:

God NEVER said you are my son, today I have begotten you to an angel. He never said that. God only Had one begotten Son. The angels were not begotten, they were created. Man was created a little lower than the angels, and still God said to a man that "You are my Son, today I have begotten you." He did not say it to an angel. Which in every case except Jesus, they are higher than man. That is what that passage is pointing out. Not that sons of God are not angels.

Ransol

Hosea 1:10 is another verse wheres "sons of God" refers to humans. Jesus is the "Son of God" and God the Father is Father to all of us. Hence, the "sons of God" sometimes refers to humans.

Hoses 1:10 is a prophecy about the children of God, and Galatians 3:26 tells us that we are children of God only by faith in Christ.

If you read Genesis 6, it's talking about mankind had muliplied on the earth. The sons of God saw these women, daughters of man. If these sons of God were not angels but holy men, who were they? Where does God call anyone Holy before Abraham which was after the flood? The Hebrews were originally called the children of God, but Abraham was the first Hebrew, and he was after the flood. Genesis 6 is leading up to the flood.

theophilus
I believe sometimes in the Bible sons of God can be holy men.

That is true but all of the places where the phrase is used in this way were written after Genesis. Some believe the book of Job was written before Genesis and in it angels are called sons of God. This is the only use of this term that the first readers of Genesis would have been aware of.

reformed baptist

That is true but all of the places where the phrase is used in this way were written after Genesis. Some believe the book of Job was written before Genesis and in it angels are called sons of God. This is the only use of this term that the first readers of Genesis would have been aware of.

I don't think many believe that - unless they are 'believing' it because it supports their theory about Gen 6! Most believe Job was an approximate contemporary of Abraham.

However, the idea that that two different species eg cat/ dog, horse/ mouse, Angel/ human could bread toegther seems to defy God's created order, and seems to clash with 1 Cor 15:39

Ransol

Yes, I have heard that the book of Job is the oldest book in the bible. Written after the flood but before the law was given. Probably written before Abraham's time.

But the first readers of Genesis would have also been familiar with the Book of Enoch which was used and quoted by the earlest church up until about 300AD. Then it kind of disappeared until about the time of the Protestant reformation. The Protestants took an interest in it as they were finding their way back to what the apostles taught originally. I guess that is because it was referred to so many times in scripture. The Book of Enoch had many parallel verses to our new testament. Interesting stuff, actually.

deade

I stand by my comment :

I gave the Strong's definition of the nephiyl. To say that any fallen cherubim (angel) can do more than God allows is preaching a weakened God. Satan and his cohorts are nothing but tools to overcome.

I believe angels are sexless spirits that have no need of gender. To say that God would allow any heavenly angel or demon to procreate with humans is ludacris in my opinion.

4217.gif.d06f19239cb24c63e79fb321b3c725a6.gif

• Like 1

Ransol
I stand by my comment :

I believe angels are sexless spirits that have no need of gender. To say that God would allow any heavenly angel or demon to procreate with humans is ludacris in my opinion.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"4217.gif","data-attachmentid":67917}[/ATTACH]

God gave charge over the earth to man. Man gave it to satan. Lots of scriptues that support that. To say that God would go against His Word just because He didn't like the outcome, is even more ludacris in my opinion.

Every ancient culture on earth has the same stories of heavenly beings coming down and mating with their women. Greek mythology is the most popular, but even our native American Indians have stories about the "Firey People" mating with their women.

I'm sure God is not pleased with it, but that doesn't mean He won't allow it. We kill babies by the millions every year. Does God allow that? Is that better that two created beings having sex? God's last enemy is death, but He allowed the events that ushered in death. Free will is a real thing.

• Like 1

CDF47
I stand by my comment :

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"4217.gif","data-attachmentid":67917}[/ATTACH]

I agree.

CDF47

Yes, I have heard that the book of Job is the oldest book in the bible. Written after the flood but before the law was given. Probably written before Abraham's time.

But the first readers of Genesis would have also been familiar with the Book of Enoch which was used and quoted by the earlest church up until about 300AD. Then it kind of disappeared until about the time of the Protestant reformation. The Protestants took an interest in it as they were finding their way back to what the apostles taught originally. I guess that is because it was referred to so many times in scripture. The Book of Enoch had many parallel verses to our new testament. Interesting stuff, actually.

I do not believe the Book of Enoch or that angels came down and had sex with women. I believe the Scripture is referring to Holy Men as Matthew Henry alludes to.

deade

I can't believe you are quoting from Enoch. That has everything alluded in false religions in it. It even has aliens. You gotta do better than that.

• Like 1

deade
I stand by my comment :

God gave charge over the earth to man. Man gave it to satan. Lots of scriptues that support that. To say that God would go against His Word just because He didn't like the outcome, is even more ludacris in my opinion.

Every ancient culture on earth has the same stories of heavenly beings coming down and mating with their women. Greek mythology is the most popular, but even our native American Indians have stories about the "Firey People" mating with their women.

I'm sure God is not pleased with it, but that doesn't mean He won't allow it. We kill babies by the millions every year. Does God allow that? Is that better that two created beings having sex? God's last enemy is death, but He allowed the events that ushered in death. Free will is a real thing.

Lots of scriptures? I agree God gave charge to man and Satan deceives man and pretty much runs things. Where are other scriptures about angels mating with women? List them please.

Edited by deade
extra text
  • Like 1

CDF47
I stand by my comment :

@deade, I agree. In my opinion, that is all made up and it is based on the fake Book of Enoch.