SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
jsimms435

Need church home

jsimms435

I would like to request prayer that I find a church home. I have been bouncing around from church to church for a long time and it is time to settle down and serve somewhere and get involved and find a church home.

• Like 5

Just Mike

jsimms435. My wife and I have lived in an area with 7 Southern Baptist Churches with in 30 miles of our home. We joined two and and stayed with each one about 10 years. We were as active as we could be especially considering I am limited physically in going every Sunday. As each pastor left we saw pulpit groups play games that were not what we felt was the Lord for a pastor, A church deals with one man at a time, its not a dog and pony show. So we started our search again in Nov. 2016. We visited a SB church 27 miles away and we relly saw how unique the pastor ans church was, Very open and Biblicaly solid. We visited until I got very ill in Jan. 2017. The church visited us and sent CD's or the sermons. In May we were able to start going again.

We had never before felt like God was clearly directing us to join this church, so in Sept. 2017 we joined. We started teaching the 4-8th grade SS class and became very involved. We love this body of Saints! I have been asked to preach April 15th while our pastor is away. I am humbled that the Body sees Jesus in my wife and me, enough t ask me to preach. I fully expect this church will be the one where the service for my going home service will be held. God is so good, and We are so blessed to be here. I never thought we would love a church so much.

My advice is, if you can't find exactally a church you like go where its the best you can find and get involved any way. Then let God open the doors for where he directs you. God bless you brother.

• Like 2

CDF47

I prayed for you. I am having the same problem but I may have found a church I plan to stick with.

• Like 3

Just Mike
I prayed for you. I am having the same problem but I may have found a church I plan to stick with.

CDF something it takes a length of time to see if we fit in with a church, and seek God for His will. God bless you CDF

• Like 1

CDF47

Very true, I agree. God bless you as well.

Truthfrees

praying in agreement with you for a wonderful home church

• Like 1

Sal Robinson

May you find a church that cares for your needs and shares your values. May they be caring, may you feel it’s a place where you can grow

God Bless you in the journey

• Like 2

jsimms435

I have been attending the same church since I originally wrote this post two months ago, but unsure if it is the church for me.  I often feel invisible there.  though the music is pretty good.

Knotical

How big is the church?  I have attended some rather large churches, and unless you are an extrovert you can very easily be overlooked in a church like that.  Also, the music portion of a service should not be a main factor in choosing a church.  The most important thing is is the pastor preaching the full counsel of God.  I have found the bigger churches that have great worship bands tend to water down the gospel in favor of attracting more people in a "seeker friendly" sort of way.  All that will get is a bunch of superficial members who are primarily there to feel good and get their weekly dose of motivational messages somehow related to a passage in the bible.

• Like 1

reformed baptist
24 minutes ago, jsimms435 said:

I have been attending the same church since I originally wrote this post two months ago, but unsure if it is the church for me.  I often feel invisible there.  though the music is pretty good.

Can I be blunt (to be helpful i hope)n 

We don't choose a church on what we feel, or what the music is like - we choose a church based on the teaching. If it is Christ centered, God exalting and thoroughly biblical then it is the church for you - and you need to commit to it and be part of the body - you will only get out what you put in when it comes to church life (stay on the edge and you will continue ti feel invisible) 

Placable37
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, jsimms435 said:

Hi jsmms435,

I'm moved to helpfully suggest (I hope) that you stop looking for "a c-h-u-r-c-h" and all that spells out, and instead seek fellowship with like-minded believers in Christ whose main purpose in meeting is to exhort and edify one another in love.

Heb 10:23-25
(23)  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
(24)  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
(25)  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Personally, I don't believe sitting in pews listening to one-speaker sermons fulfils the instruction to exhort one another, and neither does it promote the sort of spiritual growth that is possible when every joint supplies power for the body to edify itself in love.

Eph 4:15-16
(15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

• Like 1

jsimms435
On 5/22/2018 at 1:42 PM, Knotical said:

How big is the church?  I have attended some rather large churches, and unless you are an extrovert you can very easily be overlooked in a church like that.  Also, the music portion of a service should not be a main factor in choosing a church.  The most important thing is is the pastor preaching the full counsel of God.  I have found the bigger churches that have great worship bands tend to water down the gospel in favor of attracting more people in a "seeker friendly" sort of way.  All that will get is a bunch of superficial members who are primarily there to feel good and get their weekly dose of motivational messages somehow related to a passage in the bible.

The particular church that I have been attending has about 500 per service and has three services each Sunday morning and about 60-70 in the Sunday evening service.  I would not consider them to be "seeker friendly".   The pastor does an okay job of preaching, but i have found myself at times disagreeing with him on some minor points.

jsimms435
On 5/24/2018 at 4:11 AM, Placable37 said:

Hi jsmms435,

I'm moved to helpfully suggest (I hope) that you stop looking for "a c-h-u-r-c-h" and all that spells out, and instead seek fellowship with like-minded believers in Christ whose main purpose in meeting is to exhort and edify one another in love.

Heb 10:23-25
(23)  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
(24)  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
(25)  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Personally, I don't believe sitting in pews listening to one-speaker sermons fulfils the instruction to exhort one another, and neither does it promote the sort of spiritual growth that is possible when every joint supplies power for the body to edify itself in love.

Eph 4:15-16
(15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

So where else would you suggest I go to find that?  

Knotical
22 minutes ago, jsimms435 said:

The particular church that I have been attending has about 500 per service and has three services each Sunday morning and about 60-70 in the Sunday evening service.  I would not consider them to be "seeker friendly".   The pastor does an okay job of preaching, but i have found myself at times disagreeing with him on some minor points.

Have you looked at your church's confession, and possibly had a conversation with an elder about some of the things you have concerns about?  This will be a really good way of identifying if you should continue to attend or find another church home.

reformed baptist
29 minutes ago, jsimms435 said:

The pastor does an okay job of preaching, but i have found myself at times disagreeing with him on some minor points.

How good a preacher is should not be measured on personal taste or agreement - but on biblical soundness and the proclamation of the gospel! The preaching isn't int he pulpit to confirm what you believe he is there so that you might grow and your misunderstandings might be challenged.

• Like 1

jsimms435
6 hours ago, Knotical said:

Have you looked at your church's confession, and possibly had a conversation with an elder about some of the things you have concerns about?  This will be a really good way of identifying if you should continue to attend or find another church home.

I don't have an issue with the church doctrinally.   I simply don't particularly feel welcome there.  I actually haven't been in the last three weeks and I'm pretty sure nobody has noticed I haven't been there

Placable37
18 hours ago, jsimms435 said:

So where else would you suggest I go to find that?  

Go to the Lord with this. He will guide you. A large impersonal institute cannot give you what a sincere small group fellowship of Bible believers can. A programmed service can fill your time with much rehearsed material, but the spontaneous Holy Spirit can fill your heart with much uplifting joy.

When it comes to Christian meetings one size does not fit all. One size, one model, one format, one style, one routine etc., does not fit all.

The Greek word ekklesia means "the called out one's" which has been mistranslated as the word church, so my friends and I try to remedy the error by maintaining the correct term. We meet in each other's houses and network like crazy with anyone who wants simple fellowship in the example of the early believers, as per these verses:  

Rom 16:3-5
(3)  Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
(4)  Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the ekklesias (ekklesiae) of the Gentiles.
(5)  Likewise greet the ekklesia that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

1Co 16:19
(19)  The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the ekklesia that is in their house.

Col 4:15
(15)  Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the ekklesia which is in his house.

Phm 1:1-2
(1)  Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,
(2)  And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the ekklesia in thy house:

Edited by Placable37

jsimms435
5 hours ago, Placable37 said:

Go to the Lord with this. He will guide you. A large impersonal institute cannot give you what a sincere small group fellowship of Bible believers can. A programmed service can fill your time with much rehearsed material, but the spontaneous Holy Spirit can fill your heart with much uplifting joy.

When it comes to Christian meetings one size does not fit all. One size, one model, one format, one style, one routine etc., does not fit all.

The Greek word ekklesia means "the called out one's" which has been mistranslated as the word church, so my friends and I try to remedy the error by maintaining the correct term. We meet in each other's houses and network like crazy with anyone who wants simple fellowship in the example of the early believers, as per these verses:  

Rom 16:3-5
(3)  Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:
(4)  Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the ekklesias (ekklesiae) of the Gentiles.
(5)  Likewise greet the ekklesia that is in their house. Salute my wellbeloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

1Co 16:19
(19)  The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the ekklesia that is in their house.

Col 4:15
(15)  Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the ekklesia which is in his house.

Phm 1:1-2
(1)  Paul, a prisoner of Jesus Christ, and Timothy our brother, unto Philemon our dearly beloved, and fellowlabourer,
(2)  And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the ekklesia in thy house:

So you somehow think that I haven't gone to the Lord with this already?  That's the first place I go.

Placable37
6 hours ago, jsimms435 said:

So you somehow think that I haven't gone to the Lord with this already?  That's the first place I go.

And you must continue to do so all your life so that you may be in alignment with God's Will, which never contradicts His Word.

Rejoice, and count it all joy, even when you feel frustrated and disappointed. Some answers take a while to arrive, like fruit that must stay on the tree until it is ripe.

Blessings are on their way to those who ask and are willing to receive.

jsimms435
On 5/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, Placable37 said:

And you must continue to do so all your life so that you may be in alignment with God's Will, which never contradicts His Word.

Rejoice, and count it all joy, even when you feel frustrated and disappointed. Some answers take a while to arrive, like fruit that must stay on the tree until it is ripe.

Blessings are on their way to those who ask and are willing to receive.

Sorry for being a little testy.  I feel like I am always waiting for something.  It gets a little old sometimes.  

Knotical
4 minutes ago, jsimms435 said:

Sorry for being a little testy.  I feel like I am always waiting for something.  It gets a little old sometimes.  

It never hurts to reach out for guidance from fellow believers.

bhopefu11

Hi, friend. I'm glad to know of your search for a spiritual home, and be assured of my prayers for you, asking the Lord to lead you to a church, where your spiritual needs are met. In the meantime, you might find this resource: https://bit.ly/2uDgraT useful. Blessings!  

Becky
On 5/27/2018 at 3:28 PM, jsimms435 said:

I don't have an issue with the church doctrinally.   I simply don't particularly feel welcome there.  I actually haven't been in the last three weeks and I'm pretty sure nobody has noticed I haven't been there

I would much rather a church not notice me. Being slow at building relationships i am a bit standoffish. Wish to sort things out before i jump in. People notice the 'vibs' i give off even when i try not to. Just maybe that church group had just dealt with some one like me who does not want to be noticed so they are taking it slow. 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Paroxusmos

jsimms435,

I'm new to this forum and am wondering how goes your inquiry regarding a church home?

We sing a hymn frequently (We Are The Church) in order to remind us of who we are in the Kingdom of God in the sojourn here in this present world. We are family.

Edited by Paroxusmos
Incorrect member name