SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
FollowerOfTheWay

"But, I'm only human"

FollowerOfTheWay

I've heard this poison preached by all sorts of people, including pastors and teachers alike.

The issue isn't that your only human but looking for an excuse to willfully sin. Many look to justify their sins by claiming to not be perfect... Lets face it, were not. However when we know what it means to "daily pick up your cross and FOLLOW Him" then we can begin our journey of not giving into sin.

Tempation isn't the sin but a means to give into its desires.

Edited by FollowerOfTheWay

reformed baptist
I've heard this poison preached by all sorts of people, including pastors and teachers alike.

The issue isn't that your only human but looking for an excuse to willfully sin. Many look to justify their sins by claiming to not be perfect... Lets face it, were not. However when we know what it means to "daily pick up your cross and FOLLOW Him" then we can begin our journey of giving into sin.

Tempation isn't the sin but a means to give into its desires.

I quite agree - anyone who excuses sin shouldn't be in the pulpit - it is leading the sheep astray!

Holiness is something to be we have to battle after daily in God's strength and by his will

• Like 1

FollowerOfTheWay

I quite agree - anyone who excuses sin shouldn't be in the pulpit - it is leading the sheep astray!

Holiness is something to be we have to battle after daily in God's strength and by his will

Amen and Amen

Innerfire89

Depends on the context of the statement.

There's some that are so critical that if a brother or sister does the slightest wrong they brand them an apostate. But then there's people who will say their only human after cheating on their spouse.

• Like 1

reformed baptist

There's some that are so critical that if a brother or sister does the slightest wrong they brand them an apostate. But then there's people who will say their only human after cheating on their spouse.

I get what your saying - but there is huge difference between letting love cover a multitude of sins and excusing them :RpS_thumbsup:

• Like 1

FollowerOfTheWay

Context does matter but I've been witness to many who willing chose to sin knowing its wrong and claiming that God is a forgiving God and understands. They even go so far to say He does things different then the OT. Their right... in the OT most of the the time He acted quick... now people really don't understand but they are as the Word says "storing up WRATH" *ouch*

• Like 1

Just Mike

I must go to different kinds of churches I Never have heard a preacher or pastor say "I am only human". Should I hear a person say this I would have to respectfully disagree that is is unbiblical.

FollowerOfTheWay
I must go to different kinds of churches I Never have heard a preacher or pastor say "I am only human". Should I hear a person say this I would have to respectfully disagree that is is unbiblical.

I find that Pastors who are well aware of the affairs (all affairs not speaking of just adultery) of his flock are guilty if they refuse to address the issue. I've seen this very thing happen in all denominations.

Let the truth be preached with boldness and allow the Holy Spirit to work on the sinners heart. If the sinner refuses to repent they (according to the Word) must be removed from the flock....

This brings up a whole NEW issue... "Your suppose to be loving and understanding, you cant kick out someone who is seeking after God even if they sin...." Blah Blah Blah.... Yes you can remove them or the WHOLE Body will be tainted.

Just Mike

Follower. I mean this respectfully. How have you see this happen in" ALL DENOMINATIONS"? For being rather young 35-44 how do you personally, and positively at your full first hand knowledge this is true? I don't think you have lived long enough to have talked or visited with "all Denominations".

In my life as a pastor I have listened to people say they know this or that, when its just what they read or heard. Honestly in my experience of a Pastor, and now as a church member I find in my denomination and in our local 35 church association, Pastors who are committed to be willing to be open and lovingly help people with sin issues. Our pastors can't be that unique. I am sure some are as you think, but not "all".

I see and hear of so many people that are so critical of pastors and churches. When people are in trouble and need help they don't go to the local Ford dealer do they? Churches and pastors are not perfect, and frankly when someone brings an accusation against the Body, the Bride of Christ, I get very protective. So does the Holy Spirit!

Edited by Just Mike
  • Like 1

reformed baptist
I find that Pastors who are well aware of the affairs (all affairs not speaking of just adultery) of his flock are guilty if they refuse to address the issue. I've seen this very thing happen in all denominations.

Address yes, publicly denounce - not always!

There is always a scriptural balance to be maintained in this matter, as in other matters (and there is a biblical process to be followed which begins privately - matt 18:15-20)

We are all called upon to let love cover a multitude of sins - we are sinners saved by grace and if we disciplined every sin, our churches would be empty, and so would the pulpits. I have not loved the lord my God with all my heart, soul, strength and mind today (none of us have) is that a sin that I need to be kicked out of the church for - No - but it is something I have to address generally from the pulpit - as I did just this last Tuesday.

That being said, we are often far too reluctant to act decisively when we should - we can all be guilty of letting sin go too far before we respond - any form of divisiveness in the fellowship is a cause for immediate dismissal unless there is repentance (Titus 3:10), and covetousness, reviling (speaking badly of others) are also offenses that require immediate action (1 Cor 5:11)

Let the truth be preached with boldness and allow the Holy Spirit to work on the sinners heart. If the sinner refuses to repent they (according to the Word) must be removed from the flock....

'refuses to repent' is important there - would you agree there is a great deal of difference between the person who refuse to repent, and the one who is struggling to repent - I have all the time for the world for the person in that second category - I will pray with them all night long!

This brings up a whole NEW issue... "Your suppose to be loving and understanding, you cant kick out someone who is seeking after God even if they sin...." Blah Blah Blah.... Yes you can remove them or the WHOLE Body will be tainted.

There is a need to protect the body (1 Cor 5:6-7) but there is also a need to act in humility and grace (not to mention a great awareness of our own sinfulness) - Gal 6:1. Also, let's not forget that church discipline is an act of love. God disciplines us out of love, just as we discipline our children out of love (the other day my boy was trouble for running out into the road without looking - I disciplined him out of love and for his own safety in the future) - the person removed is being removed out of love for them and a concern for their eternal safety (1 Cor 5:5) - if the church is responding in a harsh, or unloving manner, then the church is just as wrong in it's response as the person sinning was wrong in their action.

FollowerOfTheWay

Yes there's a difference between refusing and struggling 👍

• Like 1

Just Mike
Yes there's a difference between refusing and struggling 👍

Could you please answer my post above?

FollowerOfTheWay

I thought i did. I agree with you.... My issue is sins we struggle with since were working on being sanctified... I'm talking about those who profess to be Christian and practice sins, willingly... Remember Paul said about the man who took his fathers wife to kick them out...

Thats my whole point, not that were perfect but working on perfection daily.

Make sense?

Just Mike
I thought i did. I agree with you.... My issue is sins we struggle with since were working on being sanctified... I'm talking about those who profess to be Christian and practice sins, willingly... Remember Paul said about the man who took his fathers wife to kick them out...

Thats my whole point, not that were perfect but working on perfection daily.

Make sense?

Not really, what about "ALL DENOMINATIONS?Have you really known about the all?

FollowerOfTheWay

What does any denomination have to do with people engaging in wilful sins?

Wilful practice of sin, with no regard for the shedding of blood for the remission of sins, by the only one who could pay the price, is rebellion

Again, i am speaking of those who profess faith in Christ but live like devils. You can see this everywhere because the majority of Americans for example, claim to be Christian. You know as well as i sdo their no more saved then the devil.