SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  

The Wedding Problem

Daughter(A) and her fiance were only days away from their small church wedding, when she got some bad news.

A had just been fired from her job, two weeks before the ceremony, and A said that the reason for

it was that she had tried to share Jesus with a lady who was higher up in the company. What to do?

Her soon to be husband was also losing his job, because after the wedding he was moving to

A's little townhouse to live with her, too many miles from his old job. It would take some time to find

new jobs for them both!

A was working on the details of the wedding, and that kept her from totally panicking over it.

Wife and I had a little money aside, but not enough to save the situation, that was for sure.

So, the Sunday before the wedding I was waiting for the church ceremony to begin, with my

wife, when I got these thoughts like coming to my head. Like little whispered thoughts. They seemed to say to look in

our locked box where we kept copies of insurance papers, and such. Look in there, and find the

savings bonds that A's grandmother had left her when she passed away. I remembered nothing

about such bonds, but Mom had left people things like that when she had passed a few years ago.

After the service, I asked wife about all this, but she also knew zero about it, but she said

that we should check it out right away. Of course.

When we got home, we found a plain white envelope with a small pile of savings bonds that had

reached their maturity. I phoned A, and told her what we found and she came over that afternoon.

The little bonds paid for the honey moon, and also paid for their expenses until they

both could get adequate jobs.

I am not sure how the Lord helped straighten this all out, but I think he did.

Thanks to Jesus, he does all things well.

• Like 1

Just Mike

2002 I am sure if all of us here could tell you how many times God has stepped in and done things like this you would be amazed. I could tell you of dozens of times God has done so many life saying things for me.

Edited by Just Mike
spe;; error
  • Like 1