SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
FollowerOfTheWay

Music.... Biblical Message...

FollowerOfTheWay

Many times we sing songs in our gathering fellowships and I truly believe we have no idea what were saying. Songs like the Hymns from the past had clear messages, and even when sung we sing words. We don't pay attention to what we say, what it means etc.

Last night I was listening to Keith Green (whatever you may think of him or his music hold it in for a min)

This is a song I listened to last night... then I looked up the words.... it comes from the Old Testament and an example of how King Saul did a half job when God expected his total obedience

To obey is better than sacrifice

I don't need your money

I want your life

And I hear you say that I'm coming back soon

But you act like I'll never return

Well you speak of grace and my love so sweet

How you thrive on milk, but reject My meat

And I can't help weeping of how it will be

If you keep on ignoring My words

Well you pray to prosper and succeed

But your flesh is something I just can't feed

I want more than Sunday and Wednesday nights

Cause if you can't come to Me every day

Then don't bother coming at all

La,la,la, la,la,la,la,la,la,la

I want hearts of fire

Not your prayers of ice

And I'm coming quickly

To give back to you

According to what you have done

Just wanted to share that this morning

• Like 2

Innerfire89

Doesn't seem like anything bad, but doesn't fit as a song for worship in church, but that's just me.

I'm one of those who feel it's important to stick to those old hymns, like you pointed out the meaning of those songs is clear, those songs are deep in meaning and have beautiful real life inspiration behind them, and are doctrinaly sound and Christ centered. But I find contemporary worship music questionable in the least, and some of it has ungodly origins or can barely be distinguished from secular songs, especially songs coming from Hillsong, a church that mingles with people like Justin Beber and Jay Z who is an obvious occultist, the pastor would even stand up against abortion when he had the chance to, apostates. Other things I would worry about is Satan is always active in trying to harm the church, music can definitely be a way to do it.

But there's still some good contemporary worship music though.

FollowerOfTheWay

Well, I didn't mean for the song to be as used in church hymn, I just think we rush through songs and make it appealing musically. It's almost as bad as preachers and teachers reading into passages of Scripture or making it fit what they want to teach. This is part of the reason (and this is my opinion) I no longer say I am Christian because, let's face it, everyone in America's Christian (some sort of way)... No, I am a FOLLOWER of Christ (or as my name says, Follower Of The Way)

To many modern "churches" teaching heresy

Innerfire89
Well, I didn't mean for the song to be as used in church hymn, I just think we rush through songs and make it appealing musically. It's almost as bad as preachers and teachers reading into passages of Scripture or making it fit what they want to teach. This is part of the reason (and this is my opinion) I no longer say I am Christian because, let's face it, everyone in America's Christian (some sort of way)... No, I am a FOLLOWER of Christ (or as my name says, Follower Of The Way)

True, there are plenty of churches who do just that, the music is used to invoke an emotional experience more than anything else. But I wouldn't clump them all together, there's plenty churches who stick with old hymns or don't use music at all.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but a Christian is a follower of Christ, of course some don't fit the description.

​​​​

FollowerOfTheWay

True, there are plenty of churches who do just that, the music is used to invoke an emotional experience more than anything else. But I wouldn't clump them all together, there's plenty churches who stick with old hymns or don't use music at all.

I don't mean to be argumentative, but a Christian is a follower of Christ, of course some don't fit the description.

​​​​

oh, I don't think is argumentative... yes a Christian is a follower and in the true sense yes, I'm Christian but you know what I mean. :) Besides we know from scripture that narrow is the way which leads to life and few find it.

• Like 1

Just Mike

Kieth Green music has had a profound positive effect on my life. The words in his music, if you listen are going to awaken your spirit.

• Like 1

FollowerOfTheWay
Kieth Green music has had a profound positive effect on my life. The words in his music, if you listen are going to awaken your spirit.

absolutely.... and I just began learning how to play some on the guitar so I am excited